One time this Texan . . .

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: One time this Texan . . .

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:39 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:54 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:25 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:32 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:25 am
No one ever says that Texans are smart.

Driver Outruns Cops With One Of The Most Powerful Muscle Cars, Then Runs Out Of Gas
Actually 2018. Blame Motorious for mysteriously republishing.

Tesla's Musk says he's leaning towards DeSantis for president

:roll: :obscene-birdiered: Weird that a supposed libertarian supports a fascist. I guess the White South African doesn't fall far from the Real yellowwood tree.
I canceled my tesla truck reservation and listed his support for DeSantis as the reason.
Nice. Hope you didn't lose any deposit money on the deal.
Full refund. Reservations only cost $100.00
Sweet. I'd take that hundred bucks and spend it on some nice electric steak and some electric beer. Don't wear copper shoes.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:39 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:54 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:25 pm
I canceled my tesla truck reservation and listed his support for DeSantis as the reason.
Nice. Hope you didn't lose any deposit money on the deal.
Full refund. Reservations only cost $100.00
:thumbup: You could thank them and tell them you're donating it to DeSantis' opponent. Will the Dems put up a strong candidate?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

It won't matter if they do. The ignorance of the average American has reached critical mass quite some time ago.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:34 pm
It won't matter if they do. The ignorance of the average American has reached critical mass quite some time ago.
Could be, but DeSantis barely won 4 years ago and that's when he was pretending to be a moderate. I'll keep my hopes up until billy.pilgrim tells me it's over.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:12 pm
Will the Dems put up a strong candidate?
Filing deadline is tomorrow, but so far the only candidate with a snowball's chance in Hell is the constantly recycled Charlie Crist. Good guy, but stale on the shelf. Nikki Fried, currently Secretary of Agriculture is at least a legitimate candidate. The other who have filed are laughable. If I were a conspiracy believer, I'd be convinced that the Dems, from national on down, have been paid off and are throwing their elections.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:38 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Could be, but DeSantis barely won 4 years ago and that's when he was pretending to be a moderate. I'll keep my hopes up until billy.pilgrim tells me it's over.
I agree with neo
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:03 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:38 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
I agree with neo
:(

Charlie Crist (D) +19.3 vs Nikki Fried (D)
Ron DeSantis (R)* +12.8 vs Nikki Fried (D)
Ron DeSantis (R)* +8.8 vs Charlie Crist (D)

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: Florida voters are so bad that even Crist himself could return and wouldn't beat DeSantis.
:wave:

Also:

Marco Rubio (R)* +9.0 vs Val Demings (D)

:roll:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://news.yahoo.com/no-more-hoodies- ... 34328.html

Students of a northeast Texas school district will no longer be allowed to wear hoodies — or any clothing with hoods — while inside school buildings.

"This was one of two “significant changes” announced in a letter to parents of Forney Independent School District ahead of the 2022-23 academic year."

"The second major dress code update, which applies only to older students, bans dresses, skirts and skorts from students older than the fourth grade.

“The use of a school dress code is established to improve student self-esteem, bridge socio-economic differences among students, and promote positive behavior, thereby enhancing school safety and improving the learning environment,” the district said.

District leadership says this dress code policy is enforced for all grades and campuses, and it “gives the district a positive and distinctive identity and reflects the values of the schools and community.”'

"The dress code also forbids T-shirts, striped shirts and denim pants, as noted in the full policy shared online."

"Superintendent Justin Terry says he wants Forney students to head into their futures with “important workforce skills,” and that includes being able to follow expectations.

“We are so excited to reset this bar with you ... as we work together to take our schools, our classrooms, back for the future of our kids to have a safe, enjoyable and exciting learning environment in Forney ISD.”

Forney is about 20 miles east of downtown Dallas."

The dress code also forbids T-shirts, striped shirts and denim pants, as noted in the full policy shared online

Read more and link to dress code at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nati ... rylink=cpy
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:53 am

Students of a northeast Texas school district will no longer be allowed to wear hoodies — or any clothing with hoods — while inside school buildings.

... Read more and link to dress code at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nati ... rylink=cpy
Striped shirts and dresses are products of the Devil.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:16 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

... Read more and link to dress code at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nati ... rylink=cpy
Besides being an overreach, it's just bizarre.

Wonder if it can be court challenged.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:25 am
Vrede too wrote:
Besides being an overreach, it's just bizarre.

Wonder if it can be court challenged.
-0-? but if there's no parent uproar it doesn't bode well for the kids. I can hear Superintendent Justin Terry's smarmy Nazi tone in his justification.
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Holy shit. Wouldn't you hate to have to wake up every morning with whatever drooling moon-barker thought that up?

O Really
Admiral

I think I'd get a group of parent/kids together and we'd go over those rules in great detail and find find little stuff that violate the principle maybe, but not the specific wording. Like an "unnatural" hair color that isn't listed in the policy. Or "brown or black leather look" shoes that happen to be lace-up to the knees. We'd brainstorm, come up with a hundred "violations" that the school would have to either allow or keep amending their stupid policy. Become members of the Church of Body Modification (yes, it's real) and sue them over their body art policy. Make their weaselly little lives miserable while getting my kid into a real school somewhere else.

O Really
Admiral

BTW, I seem to remember reading an incidence several years ago about a "unnatural hair color" policy that turned into a kerfuffle over any color that the person didn't grow "naturally." Teachers weren't happy about not being able to be blonde or cover the gray anymore. I don't recall details, but I think the school system gave it up instead of fighting everyone.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:44 am
BTW, I seem to remember reading an incidence several years ago about a "unnatural hair color" policy that turned into a kerfuffle over any color that the person didn't grow "naturally." Teachers weren't happy about not being able to be blonde or cover the gray anymore. I don't recall details, but I think the school system gave it up instead of fighting everyone.
They also address hair color.

Facial hair must be well-groomed and neat in appearance with no unnatural hair colors.
Hair rollers are not allowed.

not permitted.
Any clothing that is not specifically addressed as acceptable is unacceptable, for example; midriff
sweaters, wristbands, boas, fur fringe, etc…

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:17 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:44 am
They also address hair color.

Facial hair must be well-groomed and neat in appearance with no unnatural hair colors.
Hair rollers are not allowed.

not permitted.
Any clothing that is not specifically addressed as acceptable is unacceptable, for example; midriff
sweaters, wristbands, boas, fur fringe, etc…
Hmm, "no unnatural hair colors" could be read to allow bottle blondes, on Whites only, and covering the gray with blond, brown, ginger or black while still precluding green, purple, etc. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Hoodies and dresses or anything loose is a hazard at a book burning, which I assume from the article they indulge in at least once a week. The whole goddamn policy needs to be stomped, fish slapped, and clobbered with anti Nazi powder. Hell, they might as well issue a fucking uniform.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: One time this Cajun

Whole town dress code in Louisiana

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/l ... 714879001/

The referenced city ordinance states:

"It shall be unlawful for any person to wear pants, trousers, shorts, skirts, dresses or skorts in any public place or places open to the public which either intentionally exposes undergarments or intentionally exposes any portion of the pubic hair, cleft of buttocks, or genitals."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: One time this Cajun

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:59 am
Whole town dress code in Louisiana

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/l ... 714879001/

The referenced city ordinance states:

"It shall be unlawful for any person to wear pants, trousers, shorts, skirts, dresses or skorts in any public place or places open to the public which either intentionally exposes undergarments or intentionally exposes any portion of the pubic hair, cleft of buttocks, or genitals."
If her TikTok shows her outfit accurately, she did NOT violate Winnfield's ordinance.

When did Louisiana, Louisiana! become such a model of decorum and modesty? She's pretty cute. I'll bet the "complaints" came from 3 fat homely wives who didn't like their husbands staring. Or, the 3 female cops ARE the fat homely wives who didn't like their husbands staring. 1312.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Probably the holes in her shorts.
Interestingly, the stupid ordinance doesn't say anything about exposure of breast cleavage. Or entire breasts for that matter.