sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Post Reply
User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 4434
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:40 am

I intended to ask this question after this had been known to Michigan State for 20+ years and to the public for 2 years and even after the pedophile had been convicted and before the ncaa had opened any sort of investigation. (edit for new info - Emmert and the ncaa knew about the doctor since 2010 - while it was still going on), but didn't have time.

why would the same (on edit - sack of shit) Mark Emmert, who wanted to give penn state the death penalty for sanduski's crime, sit back when this was going on at a major university?


maybe he thinks it's okay with little girls

edit - he needs to step down immediately
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:25 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:40 am
I intended to ask this question after this had been known to Michigan State for 20+ years and to the public for 2 years and even after the pedophile had been convicted and before the ncaa had opened any sort of investigation. (edit for new info - Emmert and the ncaa knew about the doctor since 2010 - while it was still going on), but didn't have time.

why would the same (on edit - sack of shit) Mark Emmert, who wanted to give penn state the death penalty for sanduski's crime, sit back when this was going on at a major university?

maybe he thinks it's okay with little girls

edit - he needs to step down immediately
I believe that the 2010 reports to Emmert were about Michigan State student athlete perps, not Nassar, the former Team USA gymnastics doctor.

Emmert Defends NCAA Effort to Address Campus Sexual Assaults
NCAA President Mark Emmert says sexual assault cases involving Michigan State athletes referenced in a letter sent by an advocacy group in 2010 were already being investigated by law enforcement and the school.


However, there seems to be plenty to pan Emmert for both in 2010 and now.

Death To The NCAA
Mark Emmert Had Nothing To Say About Michigan State's Role In The Larry Nassar Case


Image

Maybe it's a blond hair/orange skin thing.

It won't surprise me to see him ousted. The MSU president is gone and the gymnasts and their allies ain't giving up. This is really horrible what the girls went through, maybe the worst sports story ever. It makes me tear up watching them on TV or even just thinking about the years of abuse.
Last edited by Vrede too on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 4434
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 am

emmert needs to be gone yesterday


it's been in the media for 2 years and he did nothing until after the conviction
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am

Thanks, extending the culpability beyond Team USA and MSU had not occurred to me.

The Russian doping doesn't seem as bad now.

PSU, MSU - they should rename it the Big Pedo or the Abuse 10-Year-Olds Conference.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 4434
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 am

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am
Thanks, extending the culpability beyond Team USA and MSU had not occurred to me.

The Russian doping doesn't seem as bad now.

PSU, MSU - they should rename it the Big Pedo or the Abuse 10-Year-Olds Conference.

he should have at the very least opened some sort of inquiry to see if the ncaa should investigate.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:06 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 am
he should have at the very least opened some sort of inquiry to see if the ncaa should investigate.
There were others - trainers, coaches, psychiatrists, parents, (media?) etc. - who were told and dismissed the allegations. I hope that all of their names are being aired.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 4434
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:09 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:06 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 am
he should have at the very least opened some sort of inquiry to see if the ncaa should investigate.
There were others - trainers, coaches, psychiatrists, parents, (media?) etc. - who were told and dismissed the allegations. I hope that all of their names are being aired.
one of the dads killed himself
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:09 pm
one of the dads killed himself
That's right, I'd forgotten that I'd heard that.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:40 am
I intended to ask this question after this had been known to Michigan State for 20+ years and to the public for 2 years and even after the pedophile had been convicted and before the ncaa had opened any sort of investigation. (edit for new info - Emmert and the ncaa knew about the doctor since 2010 - while it was still going on), but didn't have time.

why would the same (on edit - sack of shit) Mark Emmert, who wanted to give penn state the death penalty for sanduski's crime, sit back when this was going on at a major university?

maybe he thinks it's okay with little girls

edit - he needs to step down immediately
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am
...The Russian doping doesn't seem as bad now....
US Swimming did little as hundreds of coaches abused kids

Oh crap.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:41 pm

So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:04 pm

So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 4434
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm

How does this happen for so long?
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:27 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
How does this happen for so long?
Idk. Maybe there's an ivory "wall of silence".

It's somewhat of a cliche in academia, but maybe not that common. I know that my warm, smart, good-looking prof. brother would never be a creep, but I was surprised to learn that in his 30 years of teaching he's never once been propositioned by a student for fun or for grades.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
rstrong
Captain
Posts: 5930
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by rstrong » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
How does this happen for so long?
A large cover-up budget? Judging by the money they spend after....

Michigan State University Paid PR Firm More Than $500,000 to Monitor Women Abused by Larry Nassar

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 pm

rstrong wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
How does this happen for so long?
A large cover-up budget? Judging by the money they spend after....

Michigan State University Paid PR Firm More Than $500,000 to Monitor Women Abused by Larry Nassar
It just goes on and on.

After ridiculous Larry Nassar board meeting, Michigan State needs to clean house. Again.

If I was one of the girls/women or related to one, I might have gone a bit nuts on someone by now.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 pm

rstrong wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
How does this happen for so long?
A large cover-up budget? Judging by the money they spend after....

Michigan State University Paid PR Firm More Than $500,000 to Monitor Women Abused by Larry Nassar
Michigan State and Nassar victims reach $500M settlement

Wow.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 4434
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 am

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 pm
rstrong wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
How does this happen for so long?
A large cover-up budget? Judging by the money they spend after....

Michigan State University Paid PR Firm More Than $500,000 to Monitor Women Abused by Larry Nassar
Michigan State and Nassar victims reach $500M settlement

Wow.
I know they aren't the only school with abuse problems, but it is time for an example punishment designed to cause ever school to pay attention.

At first I thought they deserved an athletic death penalty, but now I'm leaning more toward ending every department involved. If this includes presidents and board of directors, then close the school for good.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13455
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am

The MSU president is gone, I'm not sure who else.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 4434
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
The MSU president is gone, I'm not sure who else.

Yeah, people come and go. Not really a big deal.

Not saying they are worse than others - only that it's time for an example.

End all sports there, or just take away their accreditation. Other schools will immediately pay attention.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Post Reply