With all the dumping on Florida, maybe we need a Carolina Man story or two

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: With all the dumping on Florida, maybe we need a Carolina Man story or two

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:41 pm
I have both Vileboy2 and Billy.Prick blocked. So I didn't see that either of them posted about this Carolina tragedy. That's why I thought it would be a good addition to this thread, which actually has "Carolina" in the thread title.

So, no, I didn't cut and paste the article from one of those two nothings.
So why do you keep responding to my posts?

Keep digging your hole archie.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Oops.

Billy.prick must be triggered big time.

Do I care?

Nope.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:01 pm
( :crybaby: )
Translation: All I care about is being humiliated by showing how big time triggered I am and being such a pussy as to project it upon others. Opps.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Oops.

Billy.prick must be triggered big time.

Do I care?

Nope.
I'll ask again, but only because it fun to watch you fail at answering simply questions.

Why am I triggered?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We need a SOUTH Carolina Man story or two

Lindsey Graham’s Attempted Smear Of Onetime Buddy Biden Spectacularly Backfires
The Donald Trump sycophant had his attack on Biden flipped right back at him.

... Biden, speaking at an emergency summit of NATO leaders about Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, explained how he’d been inspired to run for the White House following former President Donald Trump’s “both sides” comment after the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017....

Still the loyal lapdog. Very sad.
He was asked about #tfg and whether he might be back (the euros are concerned). Pay attention.
#NATO
So I guess you were okay with TFG saying that there were "very fine people on both sides" then.
He was asked a question and answered. You seem defensive and sensitive about Charlottesville, Lindsey.
Stopping white nationalists is pretty important to everyone who is not a white nationalist. Interesting you don't think it's important.
Apparently the idea that a president can do more than one thing at a time is hard for Lindsay to understand.
Sit down Lindsey. We know the question that was asked.
The US President is talking about US politics? Yeah, I can imagine why that's confusing to you
More Lindsey-scathing at the link.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:27 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:06 pm
Sounds crazy at first, but I can see the story being true. Apparently they didn't know each other; the old guy had no reason to be hunting the victim - the victim was apparently somewhat shit-faced; the old guy isn't going to risk getting hurt by "fighting" the victim hand to hand. Sounds plausible to me. A lot more plausible than a lot of other "I wuz skeered" self defence stories I've read.
I agree. I read that story before it was posted here. The guy on the jet ski was crazy. I don't advocate that he be killed but, hell, his own girlfriend threw him back in the water after being pulled out once already by the old guy. To me, that means a lot. I think the whole thing will be just a love story gone bad.....useless, oddball, water punchy
Yeppers.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-caroli ... 21984.html
The boater who rescued a jet skier from drowning in a South Carolina lake and then fatally shot him had no choice after the man went berserk, the victim's friend told investigators.

"Nothing worked," Hannah Ayers, 19, said of trying to calm down Drew Morgan, 29 on the afternoon of March 15 in Lake Keowee, according to an incident report obtained by Fox News Digital.

"John just had to shoot him," she said of stranger John Dotson Jr. 74, who she credited with saving her life after she and Morgan fell off a jet ski near Fall Creek.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Here's the dude that got shot, with a slightly more complete story:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 40620.html

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Well, if not Florida or Carolina, how about Tennessee?

TBI investigating televangelist Perry Stone following sexual misconduct allegations
Apr. 1—The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into the internationally known televangelist Perry Stone nearly two years after allegations of sexual harassment and assault surfaced against the Cleveland, Tennessee-based faith leader.

The TBI has interviewed at least five people who claim to be victims or who are connected to Stone's ministry, according to three people who were present for the conversations. The state's investigative agency is in possession of a list of at least nine alleged victims as well, according to a recording of a phone conversation obtained by the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

A TBI spokesperson confirmed by email the agency is investigating Stone at the request of Steve Crump, district attorney general for Bradley, McMinn, Monroe and Polk counties, and that as of this week, the investigation is active. No further details about the nature of the investigation were provided.

Crump confirmed by phone he requested the investigation but said he would not provide further comment as the investigation is ongoing.
Is there a Taco Bell in Cleveland, TN?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We need a South Carolina Man story or two

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Used to be we could just roll our eyes and say "South Carolina" or "Florida" whatever. Unfortunately the crazies have spread like virus and stuff like that could be anywhere. ID, Dateline, and Forensics Files don't have to work very hard to find their stories.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

There was a reference to mtg believing this in the comments section of a post on the mtg thread. I couldn't find that she said it, but ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-town ... un-2015-12

"A US town has rejected plans for solar panels amid fears they would 'suck up all the energy from the sun'"

And wouldn't you know it
It's in North Carolina

"Members of the public in Woodland, North Carolina, expressed their fear and mistrust at the proposal to allow Strata Solar Company to build a solar farm off Highway 258.

During the Woodland Town Council meeting, one local man, Bobby Mann, said solar farms would suck up all the energy from the sun and businesses would not go to Woodland"

"The council voted three to one against rezoning the land and later voted for a moratorium on future solar farms."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

a Carolina Leg...

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:24 pm
There was a reference to mtg believing this in the comments section of a post on the mtg thread. I couldn't find that she said it, but ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-town ... un-2015-12

"A US town has rejected plans for solar panels amid fears they would 'suck up all the energy from the sun'"

And wouldn't you know it
It's in North Carolina ...
2015 stupidity.

More recent:
North Carolina GOP bars promotion of certain beliefs in state government, 1 of 6 veto overrides

North Carolina's GOP-dominated legislature swept six bills into law Tuesday with veto overrides, including one barring promotion of certain beliefs in state government workplaces that some lawmakers liken to critical race theory and another placing new limits on wetlands protection rules.

The measures, which also address green investing in state government, consumer loans and local government finances, became law after a succession of votes with margins large enough to overcome Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper's formal vetoed objections earlier this month....

Cooper's farm bill veto came Friday. He said the measure would weaken the regulation of wetlands that help control flooding and pollution. His administration and environmental groups have said the bill's language, when combined with a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision, would leave about half of the state’s wetlands unprotected.
:angry-banghead:
... Another now-enacted law that takes effect in December bans trainers of state employees from advancing concepts to workers such as that “one race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex,” or to believe they should feel guilty for past actions committed by people of the same race or sex....
White snowflakes don't want their widdle feewings hurt, awww.
Both the House and Senate voted Tuesday to override the veto of a measure that now ban state agencies from using “environmental, social and governance” standards to screen potential investments, award contracts or hire and fire employees.

On state investments like those in pension funds, the bill says the state treasurer could solely consider factors expected to have a material effect on the financial risk or financial return of an investment.

At least two other states have already enacted laws banning such criteria....
In other words, money should be amoral and any abusive investments are peachy. :puke-left:
... Other bills enacted over Cooper's vetoes in part would raise interest rates and late fees on certain amounts of personal consumer finance loans as well as on consumer credit sales, such as when someone buys a car and pays for it in installments or with a finance charge. Cooper said the higher costs, which would take effect in October on new, renewed or modified loans, would harm residents who already are faced with rising costs of living.

Another bill with a veto now overridden would permit the state’s Local Government Commission to order withheld a portion of sales tax revenues the state collects for cities and counties that fail to complete annual audits of their accounts. Bill supporters said the measure will promote government accountability. Cooper said it was well-intentioned but would likely hurt the state’s smallest communities.
RepuQs luuuv usurious business and hate small towns. :angry-cussing:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

With all the dumping on Florida, maybe we need a South Carolina Man story or two

O Really wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:26 am
Used to be we could just roll our eyes and say "South Carolina" or "Florida" whatever. Unfortunately the crazies have spread like virus and stuff like that could be anywhere. ID, Dateline, and Forensics Files don't have to work very hard to find their stories.
It takes extra effort for South Carolina Man to stand out.

Lindsey Graham mocked for ‘humiliating himself’ in face of Trump at SC Republican dinner

The State, a McClatchy organ, is the newspaper of record in Columbia and second-largest newspaper in South Carolina by circulation after Charleston's The Post and Courier. Javon L. Harris "is a politics and legislative reporter for The State."
:---P
1312. ETTD.