With all the dumping on Florida, maybe we need a Carolina Man story or two

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Carolina women

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:05 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:02 pm
I had no idea that Carolina was responsible for this trash.

https://youtu.be/jXGHq1dZbvs
We apologize. :oops:

That said, Fayetteville.
Way back when I watched the news, I witnessed these screaming idiots on fox. I managed about 10 open mouthed seconds before changing channels. Clicked back to fox several minutes later and they were still screeching about something.

What in the hell has happened when kid rock and these idiots are welcomed to the Oval Office by a barely educated narcissistic white supremacist president.
Fox News Severs Ties With Diamond And Silk, Trump Campaign Surrogates Who Pushed Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Awww, Diamond And Silk lost their lucrative niche and Faux Noise lost their tokens.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Carolina women

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:39 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:05 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:02 pm
I had no idea that Carolina was responsible for this trash.

https://youtu.be/jXGHq1dZbvs
We apologize. :oops:

That said, Fayetteville.
Way back when I watched the news, I witnessed these screaming idiots on fox. I managed about 10 open mouthed seconds before changing channels. Clicked back to fox several minutes later and they were still screeching about something.

What in the hell has happened when kid rock and these idiots are welcomed to the Oval Office by a barely educated narcissistic white supremacist president.
Fox News Severs Ties With Diamond And Silk, Trump Campaign Surrogates Who Pushed Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Awww, Diamond And Silk lost their lucrative niche and Faux Noise lost their tokens.
The sad part - they will do fine.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A South Carolina Donor

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SOUTH Carolina Repugs

Inside an Extraordinary G.O.P. Event: ‘Pressing Flesh and Kissing Babies’ Again
At the South Carolina event, attended by Senators Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott, there were few masks and no social distancing — and that was the point.

Comments:
Good. Keep it up and there won't be any voters for tRump.
Making America Viral Again.
Conway is a small town in rural SC. Nobody wants to live there because the work is in the north and south of the State. They have been isolated since the Civil War, I see they haven't changed a bit since.
Nothing could make me happier than a COVID-19 outbreak among the GOP who deny science. KARMA !!
The NEW Corona virus HOT SPOT. They are GAMBLING with their lives....
Wonderful, COVID-19 will cull Trump's herd of morons. Dems may carry SC!
Very unlikely, but cool thought.
Our great President Trump started from poverty and created an empire worth 10 billion dollars with nothing but the sweat of his brow and superior intelligence along with good honest business dealings. This was all helped by his strong family values and commitment to a monogamous marriage.
As long as they do not request any medical treatment in any way shape or form for themselves, and their love ones, I am fine with this.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: With all the dumping on Florida, maybe we need a Carolina Man story or two

Unread post by O Really »

These people are fools. Which would be self-evident just because they're Trumpers/Graham-ers, but still. The couple of hundred or however many people there are betting that not one of them is contagious. And maybe nobody would be in a group from a low-incident area if all of them had been taking personal precautions. But you know they haven't. They've all been running around like little virus magnets and out of that group, somebody brought the bug. It'll be interesting to see if they admit it.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:01 pm
These people are fools. Which would be self-evident just because they're Trumpers/Graham-ers, but still. The couple of hundred or however many people there are betting that not one of them is contagious. And maybe nobody would be in a group from a low-incident area if all of them had been taking personal precautions. But you know they haven't. They've all been running around like little virus magnets and out of that group, somebody brought the bug. It'll be interesting to see if they admit it.
Somebody in that group of loons is holding an anti Lindsey sign; I hope LaPierre isn't the one of NRA fame but probably is. In any case, whoever LaPierre is, it's a sure bet that he or she is even batshit crazier than Lindsey who admitted his party had gone batshit crazy four years ago. He joined them soon after. And there they are.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:21 pm
Somebody in that group of loons is holding an anti Lindsey sign; I hope LaPierre isn't the one of NRA fame but probably is. In any case, whoever LaPierre is, it's a sure bet that he or she is even batshit crazier than Lindsey who admitted his party had gone batshit crazy four years ago. He joined them soon after. And there they are.
He's not the NRA's Wayne LaPierre, but they might be related.
... Michael LaPierre, a right-wing Senate candidate who came to the event with dozens of supporters who pestered Mr. Graham, said he had no reservations about extending handshakes and taking pictures, or as he put it, “pressing flesh and kissing babies.”

“We wipe our hands and take precautions,” said Mr. LaPierre, who is 70 and lives with his 99-year-old mother-in-law. “But I spent 28 months in Vietnam and crashed six times in a helicopter. I’m going to die when I’m going to die.”
In very brief searching I'm not finding anyone that thinks LaPierre has a chance. All of the speculation is over whether Black Dem Jaime Harrison can beat Graham in Nov. Unlikely, I think, but cool that it's even possible.

The honoree may not survive her retirement party:
During the program, Ms. Steele, seated in a wheelchair, was presented with commendations from Mr. Graham and Mr. Scott, as well as awards from local and state Republicans. Speakers posed for pictures with the honoree, hugging her close as they applauded her years of service. Aides to Mr. Graham and Mr. Scott wore masks. The senators did not....

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

We are wild and untamed things
We're a bee with a deadly sting
You get a hit and your mind goes ping
Your heart will thump and your blood will sing
So let the party and the sound rock on
We're gonna shake it til the life has gone
Rose tints my world keeps me safe from my trouble and pain.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

What the hell is wrong with Tim Scott?

He's out there praising trumps speech
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:47 pm

He's a politician.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:47 pm

What's wrong with a Black Republican? Seriously? Let me count the ways.

O Really
Admiral

California Man

We'll see your Florida and Carolina men and raise you one full-blown homicidal maniac.

https://www.news10.com/news/california- ... dmas-body/

California man allegedly caught eating 90-year-old grandma’s body

RICHMOND, Calif. (NEXSTAR) – A 37-year-old Northern California man was arrested on suspicion of killing his 90-year-old grandmother and trying to eat her body Monday afternoon.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: California Man

O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:22 pm
We'll see your Florida and Carolina men and raise you one full-blown homicidal maniac.

https://www.news10.com/news/california- ... dmas-body/

California man allegedly caught eating 90-year-old grandma’s body

RICHMOND, Calif. (NEXSTAR) – A 37-year-old Northern California man was arrested on suspicion of killing his 90-year-old grandmother and trying to eat her body Monday afternoon.
You win . . . this week.

What does a 90-year-old grandmother taste like?
Spoiler:
Depends.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

An Ontario Man

Idiot shows up wearing blackface at a BLM protest in Toronto.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7035215/man- ... m-protest/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SC REPRESENT!
The Young Cut Loose in Myrtle Beach. The Virus Followed Them Home.

... Dozens of people who came to Myrtle Beach from West Virginia tested positive for the coronavirus after they returned home. Three separate clusters of COVID-19 cases in Kentucky and at least one in Ohio have been linked to returning visitors. Public health officials across Virginia have reported similar cases. More than 20 student athletes in South Carolina contracted the virus on a trip to the coast. And those are just some of the clusters that have popped up.

Officials in other states are starting to warn people to stay away from Myrtle Beach, and United Airlines has stopped flying there for the summer. “If I were you, I would consider going somewhere else,” Gov. Jim Justice of West Virginia said last week at a news conference.

That kind of message is tough to hear in a city that depends heavily on summer tourism, hospitality, relaxation and fun.

“It isn’t Myrtle Beach’s fault,” said Rusty Trull, 64, a cashier at the Gay Dolphin Gift Cove. “You’ve got these people coming on weekends, kind of messing everything up.”

Gregg Smith, a City Council member, said the trouble was that young visitors were clearly not taking enough precautions to ensure their own safety. “Young people feel invincible,” he said.

Most visitors on the boardwalk this week wore sandals or flip-flops, but very few were wearing masks, even while brushing shoulders with other tourists. Sidewalks on the city’s main drag were often too crowded for social distancing, as people ambled by with drinks in hand beneath a canopy of neon signs and palm trees.

Mayor Brenda Bethune suggested in an interview that for all anyone knew, visitors could be bringing the virus to Myrtle Beach, not the other way around. She complained that news accounts had unfairly tarred the city with all of the cases in surrounding Horry County. And she bridled at the warnings from Justice and others.

“I would never go on TV and blame our problems on someone else,” she said.

South Carolina emerged relatively unscathed from the first few months of the pandemic, but reports of new cases began climbing rapidly in June, as they did in many parts of the South and the West. In Horry County, the figures have nearly quadrupled, according to the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control....

Tate Trogdon, 20, who was visiting from North Carolina with a high school friend, had spent most of his trip swimming at the beach. Neither of them knew anyone who had contracted the virus, he said, so the threat seemed virtually nonexistent.

Sipping a Sprite, Derick Coleman, a 34-year-old graphic designer, said he really could not be bothered by the virus on his vacation.

“I’m just over it,” he said. “It’s exhausting.”

When Nicole Feijoo, 18, took a late-afternoon stroll on the boardwalk with five friends, none were wearing masks.

“I’ve never really cared about sickness,” said Feijoo, a criminal justice student at Mitchell Community College in Statesville, North Carolina. Some of her friends occasionally wore masks to protect themselves, she said, but “I’d rather be able to still breathe — if I catch something, I catch something.”
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

South Carolina emerging as coronavirus hot spot, as hospitalizations rise and virus spreads

... "It's not much better here than it is in Florida or Texas," Dr. Helmut Albrecht, the Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine at Prisma Health, the largest nonprofit health organization in the state, told ABC News. "It has still not plateaued -- every week is worse than the last. I don't think we can set new records anymore.”

A Harvard Global Health Institute tool used to track the severity of the outbreak recently ranked the state as the third highest in the country in terms of risk level -- behind only Florida and Arizona -- and the data indicates the virus is showing no signs of slowing down. An ABC News analysis of the data found the state is seeing increases three major categories: cases, hospitalizations and deaths....

South Carolina was one of the first states to reopen on April 24, though Gov. Henry McMaster, a Republican, never fully shut the state down and reopened it without meeting the White House's recommended guidelines. The state also does not have a mask mandate, which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends to slow the spread of the virus. McMaster's office did not provide comment for this report when reached late Tuesday.

At a press conference on June 26, McMaster stood firm on his decision, calling statewide mask mandates "ineffective" and "impractical... because it is not enforceable.”

He acknowledged the rise in cases and urged people to social distance, but praised “progress” in the state’s reopening.

“We are opening, we've been reopening, as you know we did not close as much as other states. We're still seeing progress in the reopening according to the guidelines from accelerate S.C.,” McMaster said.

But now the internal state report warned the state is "starting to see hospital strain." On Tuesday, 1,324 were hospitalized in the state, a new record....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Will western NC send this nazi to congress?
What a lying sack if shit.

https://avlwatchdog.org/cawthorn-takes- ... ight-turn/

https://avlwatchdog.org/candidates-clai ... mpression/

It took an insurance company's attorney and a courtroom to get this scum sucker to admit that his accident wasn't what kept him out of the Naval Academy, it was the Naval Academy that didn't want him.

"The reasons for the Naval Academy’s rejection of Cawthorn are confidential. One of the admission criteria is a student’s performance on the Scholastic Aptitude Test – the three-test SAT of a student’s abilities in math, verbal comprehension and writing – required by many colleges and universities.

A perfect score is 800. Under questioning from the lawyer, Cawthorn said he believed he had received a 590 in math, a 620 in verbal and a 650 in writing. Highly selective colleges and universities such as the federal academies typically expect applicants to achieve scores in those tests of 700 or above.

After his brief stint in college, Cawthorn has said he became a a small businessman involved in real estate and other investments. At the time of the deposition, however, Cawthorn testified that he had no job and that his only income came from a $700 monthly Social Security disability payment. When Burge pressed him about investment income earned from the insurance settlement, Cawthorn said the investments were handled by his older brother, Zachary Cawthorn, a professional financial adviser.

Cawthorn is the sole owner and employee of an investment firm called SPQR LLC, created in August 2019. On the financial disclosure form he filed as required by all candidates, he reported no income from it. In the 2017 deposition, Cawthorn said the only jobs he had held to that point was as a manager in a Chick-fil-A restaurant while a teenager"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:32 pm
Cawthorn (R) is an unqualified, nasty little shit, as you've noticed. He could end up being worse than Gaetz. Moe Davis (D) has an excellent resume and platform:
https://ballotpedia.org/Morris_%22Moe%22_Davis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_Davis

In a rational district Davis would win easily. However, despite being un-gerrymandered by the courts NC11 is still considered to be "Safe and Solid" Repug. :(
https://ballotpedia.org/North_Carolina% ... tion,_2020
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:20 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Cawthorn (R) is an unqualified, nasty little shit, as you've noticed. He could end up being worse than Gaetz. Moe Davis (D) has an excellent resume and platform:

In a rational district Davis would win easily. However, despite being un-gerrymandered by the courts NC11 is still considered to be "Safe and Solid" Repug. :(
I'm curious why insurance paid anything. I would have thought that them lying about the accident and the attorney finding out that the driver and passenger were swapping seats while driving would have been considered.

Another republican who has never had a job headed for congress

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:20 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I'm curious why insurance paid anything. I would have thought that them lying about the accident and the attorney finding out that the driver and passenger were swapping seats while driving would have been considered.

Another republican who has never had a job headed for congress
Oh my....hope the word gets spread on this shyster. What an embarrassment if he were to win.
The candidate also revealed in the deposition that he had been unsuccessful in his later enrollment at Patrick Henry College in Purcellville, Virginia, a small evangelical Christian school often attended by homeschoolers and that has a reputation for successfully placing graduates into high federal government positions.

After entering the school in August 2016 to study political science, he dropped out after one semester and earned mostly D’s, Cawthorn testified, primarily because his injuries interfered with his ability to learn.

When the insurance-company lawyer asked him the reason for leaving Patrick Henry, Cawthorn responded with a single word: “Heartbreak.” He added that his then-fiancé left him for another classmate, speculating it was because she “didn’t get along with my mother.”

Cawthorn said he considered applying to two other schools with online programs, the Harvard Extension School and Liberty University, but didn’t follow through.

The reasons for the Naval Academy’s rejection of Cawthorn are confidential. One of the admission criteria is a student’s performance on the Scholastic Aptitude Test – the three-test SAT of a student’s abilities in math, verbal comprehension and writing – required by many colleges and universities.

A perfect score is 800. Under questioning from the lawyer, Cawthorn said he believed he had received a 590 in math, a 620 in verbal and a 650 in writing. Highly selective colleges and universities such as the federal academies typically expect applicants to achieve scores in those tests of 700 or above.

After his brief stint in college, Cawthorn has said he became a a small businessman involved in real estate and other investments. At the time of the deposition, however, Cawthorn testified that he had no job and that his only income came from a $700 monthly Social Security disability payment. When Burge pressed him about investment income earned from the insurance settlement, Cawthorn said the investments were handled by his older brother, Zachary Cawthorn, a professional financial adviser.

Cawthorn is the sole owner and employee of an investment firm called SPQR LLC, created in August 2019. On the financial disclosure form he filed as required by all candidates, he reported no income from it. In the 2017 deposition, Cawthorn said the only jobs he had held to that point was as a manager in a Chick-fil-A restaurant while a teenager, and after the accident as a staff assistant in then-U.S. Rep. Meadows’ district office.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.