The Supremes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: The Supremes

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:40 pm

:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered: Just get in it and go away permanently, Clarence and Ginny. I hear that the Oceanside, CA to BC snowbird circuit is nice. :P
Umm, no. They would not be a good fit in the neighborhood.
I would suggest Quartzsite, AZ, where the amenities may not be so nice but the population would be more in line with a crooked Repug judge.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:01 am

I would suggest Quartzsite, AZ, where the amenities may not be so nice but the population would be more in line with a crooked Repug judge.

That does not look charming.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:32 am
That does not look charming.
[/quote]
Oh, "charming" is not a word that comes to mind about Quartzsite. It is interesting, though. Out in the wilds, just off the I-10 at the California/Arizona border, it's got a population of about 2,500 residents until 200,000 or so snowbirds come in to squat for free or free-ish on the BLM land around there or the cheap RV parks. People of all sorts, with all sorts of rigs. We've never stayed there, but we've seen it on the way to somewhere else about three years ago. There was no shortage of Trump flags, "Don't Tread on Me" etc. They'd probably welcome a (wishfully) former Justice Clarence.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:04 am

Oh, "charming" is not a word that comes to mind about Quartzsite. It is interesting, though. Out in the wilds, just off the I-10 at the California/Arizona border, it's got a population of about 2,500 residents until 200,000 or so snowbirds come in to squat for free or free-ish on the BLM land around there or the cheap RV parks. People of all sorts, with all sorts of rigs. We've never stayed there, but we've seen it on the way to somewhere else about three years ago. There was no shortage of Trump flags, "Don't Tread on Me" etc. They'd probably welcome a (wishfully) former Justice Clarence.
A parking lot in the desert with hookups? Surrounded by trumpaloons?

That's livin!'

Sign me up for that good RV life please! :lol:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:32 am

A parking lot in the desert with hookups? Surrounded by trumpaloons?

That's livin!'

Sign me up for that good RV life please! :lol:
No hookups for most of them, at least not on the BLM land. Out in the desert, not close to anything. Lot of 4-wheel off-roaders roaring around the desert. During the season, though, there's a lot of RV-oriented displays, shows, yada, and sprout-up bars and tent shops. Not for us, fershure.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:06 pm
Not for us, fershure.
You're missing out a gen-u-ine piece of real Americana! :thumbup:

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:16 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:06 pm
Not for us, fershure.
You're missing out a gen-u-ine piece of real Americana! :thumbup:
Yeah, well, I think we'll survive.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:01 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:40 pm

:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered: Just get in it and go away permanently, Clarence and Ginny. I hear that the Oceanside, CA to BC snowbird circuit is nice. :P

You may not want to Search Image with Google Lens
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:04 am
That is sooo close to what I've always imagined Hell to be. Just add in TV that only shows Full House 24/7.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Goddamn! I don't think I've had 38 vacations in my life. And I'm a white male heterosexual. What the fuck is going on here? Does anyone ever think about what the nutjobs and wingnuts would be quacking now if Thomas were the most liberal Justice? Or what any of them would be saying if Obama back in 2012 came out and quacked, months before the election, that unless he won the election was "rigged?" Or what they would be saying if Obama had lost but assembled a large crowd of armed Blacks who then marched to the Capitol and broke in and started raising hell and acting like shitheads? Or what they'd be saying if Obama led a multi state conspiracy to falsify state presidential electors? Hell, my guess is that they'd have dragged him out of the White House on Jan 6th, put him in jail, and later that night he'd be found dead in his cell.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:27 pm
... Or what they would be saying if Obama had lost but assembled a large crowd of armed Blacks who then marched to the Capitol and broke in and started raising hell and acting like shitheads?
There wouldn't be much to say. The Black terrorist shitheads would have been mowed down like an overgrown yard.
Or what they'd be saying if Obama led a multi state conspiracy to falsify state presidential electors? Hell, my guess is that they'd have dragged him out of the White House on Jan 6th, put him in jail, and later that night he'd be found dead in his cell.
Shot "resisting" arrest. Elections have consequences, right?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:36 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:27 pm
... Or what they would be saying if Obama had lost but assembled a large crowd of armed Blacks who then marched to the Capitol and broke in and started raising hell and acting like shitheads?
There wouldn't be much to say. The Black terrorist shitheads would have been mowed down like an overgrown yard.
Or what they'd be saying if Obama led a multi state conspiracy to falsify state presidential electors? Hell, my guess is that they'd have dragged him out of the White House on Jan 6th, put him in jail, and later that night he'd be found dead in his cell.
Shot "resisting" arrest. Elections have consequences, right?
Yeah. I just brought all that up in an effort to illustrate the blatant hypocrisy the GQP displays in how they fall over each other defending their fascist buffoon leader. The intent was to show them how ridiculous their position is. But I don't think any of them are able to see it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:18 am
Yeah. I just brought all that up in an effort to illustrate the blatant hypocrisy the GQP displays in how they fall over each other defending their fascist buffoon leader. The intent was to show them how ridiculous their position is. But I don't think any of them are able to see it.
:thumbup: I wasn't really disagreeing with you. I just seized the opportunity to trash the racist cops and the RepuQs who usually cheer them on.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:38 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:18 am
:thumbup: I wasn't really disagreeing with you. I just seized the opportunity to trash the racist cops and the RepuQs who usually cheer them on.
Oh, I know. I just now and then ponder what the wingnuts would be saying if Obama had done even one of the things trump has been charged with. Hell, I figure dozens of them across the country would immolate themselves in frequent instances of spontaneous combustion just sitting in their chairs and steaming over it. Meanwhiole, they'll swallow any amount of bullshit to rationalize and or excuse the actions of trump. Fucking idiots.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:03 pm
Oh, I know. I just now and then ponder what the wingnuts would be saying if Obama had done even one of the things trump has been charged with. Hell, I figure dozens of them across the country would immolate themselves in frequent instances of spontaneous combustion just sitting in their chairs and steaming over it. Meanwhiole, they'll swallow any amount of bullshit to rationalize and or excuse the actions of trump. Fucking idiots.
We've always had hypocrisy, but there was a time when it was thought by most to be ethically distasteful. That's over now. :( :x
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, it's now a basic operating principle for the GQP

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:22 pm
We've always had hypocrisy, but there was a time when it was thought by most to be ethically distasteful. That's over now. :( :x
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:24 pm
Yeah, it's now a basic operating principle for the GQP
PBS pundit, paraphrased: Not only did we have a POTUS who was elected by a minority of voters, but we also have 4 SCOTUS justices who were confirmed by Senators representing a minority of America.

No wonder we're screwed.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

More GQP corruption,lack of accountability and utter disdain for ethics and the American people:

Justice Alito rejects Senate Democrats' call to step aside from an upcoming Supreme Court case

:roll: :puke-left:
... (Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin, D-IL) said in a statement that Alito “surprises no one by sitting on a case involving a lawyer who honored him with a puff piece in the Wall Street Journal. Why do these Justices continue to take a wrecking ball to the reputation of the highest court in the land?”
:---P
The court should be taking steps to stop the erosion of public trust, Durbin said. He said Alito's statement is additional evidence that Congress should force an ethics code on the nation's highest court, the only federal judges without one....
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

The Thomas's are a disgrace.