People who aren't taking this very well.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Wneglia
Midshipman

Re: People who aren't taking this very well.

Unread post by Wneglia »

rstrong wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:2014's gonna be a bitch; you know, that Obamacare thingy.
ObamaCare is settled. With more benefits kicking in in 2014, it'll only be good for the Democrats.
Good luck finding a doctor. Too many patients; not enough doctors
There is not even enough 'Noctors' - Nurses and physician assistants who think they can assume the role of doctors.

:mrgreen:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Wneglia wrote:Good luck finding a doctor. Too many patients; not enough doctors
There is not even enough 'Noctors' - Nurses and physician assistants who think they can assume the role of doctors.

:mrgreen:
With more demand for doctors, you'll eventually have more doctors. It's one of those free market things the Republicans can explain.

And yes, nurses get a whole lot more training than they used to. Doctors still do the diagnosis and prescribe the treatment, but nurses carry out the treatment a lot more than they used to. In turn a lot of the traditional nurses work - lifting patients and changing bed sheets - is done by orderlies.

And more doctors may be able to afford an assistent, so they don't have to spend half their day on the phone trying to convince insurance companies to do right by their patients.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote: Wise, but I think he'll be ignored. The old, intolerant, white, male cons have already lost the country, they're not about to cede power within "their" party.
That's why they were so desperate this time. They can see their world slipping away. This was their last great stand. They staked everything they had on Romney.

Their only chance now is to try to engineer a fiasco and blame it on Obama.

Of course, they could just accept that it's the 21st century and move on, but we all know that ain't in the playbook.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Consider those state secession petitions.

Now consider the provision in North Carolina constitution which reads, "This State shall ever remain a member of the American nation; there is no right on the part of this State to secede; and all attempts, from whatever source or upon whatever pretext, to dissolve this Union or to sever this Nation, shall be resisted with the whole power of the State." That and similar provisions were required of all Southern states following the Civil War.

The State and the federal government can ignore the average blowhard. But what of a state secession petitions that gets the 25,000 signatures within 30 days that requires a White House response? Does this not legally require the State to resist the attempt?

Now consider the people who had those anti-secession provisions put in. What response would they have demanded?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:Consider those state secession petitions.

Now consider the provision in North Carolina constitution which reads, "This State shall ever remain a member of the American nation; there is no right on the part of this State to secede; and all attempts, from whatever source or upon whatever pretext, to dissolve this Union or to sever this Nation, shall be resisted with the whole power of the State." That and similar provisions were required of all Southern states following the Civil War.

The State and the federal government can ignore the average blowhard. But what of a state secession petitions that gets the 25,000 signatures within 30 days that requires a White House response? Does this not legally require the State to resist the attempt?

Now consider the people who had those anti-secession provisions put in. What response would they have demanded?

and it's not just the ignorant rednecks - it's all of them

if you don't do it our way, we're gonna take the ball and go home

the rules don't matter, be it bitch mcconnel or ragin rebel,
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

There never was any validity to the secession "petitions". Getting 25K online signatures only guarantees you get a "response." That response could be, and should be, " :lol: " The signatures could be from anybody, anywhere, including people trying to "vote" some state out that they don't even live in. The actual state government have nothing to do with it. That there are those who take this seriously is more scary than the actual idea of a secession attempt.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:There never was any validity to the secession "petitions". Getting 25K online signatures only guarantees you get a "response." That response could be, and should be, " :lol: " The signatures could be from anybody, anywhere, including people trying to "vote" some state out that they don't even live in. The actual state government have nothing to do with it. That there are those who take this seriously is more scary than the actual idea of a secession attempt.

tag said that acorn is involved and they got dead mexicans to sign
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:There never was any validity to the secession "petitions". Getting 25K online signatures only guarantees you get a "response." That response could be, and should be, " :lol: "
My point is it's not just Washington that's required to respond.

It's like when a cop smells pot on you, he can choose to ignore it. But smoke it openly in front of him while others are watching, and he's pretty much obligated to arrest you. The average blowhard making a casual threat against the President gets ignored, but the really insistent ones get a visit from the Secret Service.

While calling for secession is illegal under southern states' constitutions, a state can rightfully ignore the average blowhard. But 25,000 signatures within 30 days, which requires a response from Washington, cannot be ignored. By that point the state is constitutionally required to respond.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:There never was any validity to the secession "petitions". Getting 25K online signatures only guarantees you get a "response." That response could be, and should be, " :lol: " The signatures could be from anybody, anywhere, including people trying to "vote" some state out that they don't even live in. The actual state government have nothing to do with it. That there are those who take this seriously is more scary than the actual idea of a secession attempt.

Fish Head is having a tough day with me. For the second time today I ask for references to my posts about ACORN. If I piss you off, you have made my day!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Supsalemgr wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Fish Head is having a tough day with me. For the second time today I ask for references to my posts about ACORN. If I piss you off, you have made my day!
your acorn post were quite well known at the goupstate forum. just because you haven't made them in the past few months or even in the past year, have nothing to do with the fact that you continued to post them for a year or two after they were thoroughly disproven
and your continuing parroting everything said on faux in spite of your taking a hammering every time you get caught in one of their lies more than proves you can't comprehend the term creditable

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

So Fish Head cannot confirm his post. Thank you.

I hope he has taken his blood pressure medicine today.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Supsalemgr wrote:So Fish Head cannot confirm his post. Thank you.

my blood pressure has always been good - real good - matter o fact

all those damn cigarettes did take their toll

as I said sucker manager, common knowledge doesn't require a link and your on and on dribble about acorn is well known by any and all who have read your posts

so, to those unfamiliar, I regret that I cannot direct you to the now disappeared goupstate forums, you are limited to suppermanager's recent lies to base your opinion as to his lack of creditability

O Really
Admiral

Google "supsalemgr Acorn" You might be surprised what he can "confirm." Forums, posting to a blog, yada. Yes, it was you, too. :problem:

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

O Really wrote:

Google "supsalemgr Acorn" You might be surprised what he can "confirm." Forums, posting to a blog, yada. Yes, it was you, too. :problem:
lawl ... he can run ... but he cannot hide ... 8-)

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

mike wrote:
O Really wrote:

lawl ... he can run ... but he cannot hide ... 8-)

oops, tag goes down again

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

billy.pilgrim wrote: so, to those unfamiliar, I regret that I cannot direct you to the now disappeared goupstate forums, you are limited to suppermanager's recent lies to base your opinion as to his lack of creditability
Those of us from BlueRidgeNow know that he has no credibility and that he chugs Kool Aid, posts BS that he can't back up.

He doesn't seem to be capable of anything else.

O Really
Admiral

You might ask him about slabbed.org.

O Really
Admiral

Supsalemgr enjoys posting. In places where he holds some expertise, such as the Allstate forum on Yahoo Finance, he comes across as well-informed and rational. On issues of politics, not so much. Now about those comments on ACORN...must we really cut and paste the direct quotes, or would the gentleman like to just admit he's passed along information that had been proven untrue so we move along to other more interesting topics?

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:...or would the gentleman (Supsalemgr) like to just admit...
You're such a dreamer!
OKfine... here's "Sup" discussing ACORN and getting called out on his ummm "inaccuracies" by his fellow posters....

http://www.slabbed.org/2008/10/07/polit ... ld-smokey/

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote::lol: Supsalemgr deliberately implies that billy.pilgrim is lying and gets busted.

Any guesses as to whether an admission that he was wrong about ACORN and/or an apology to billy.pilgrim will be forthcoming?
My guess would be, ummmm, "no." But he might tell us he doesn't chase his tail, or that he doesn't bite "baiting" or that getting ACORN comments from slabbed doesn't count because he was only talking about what he's said on BlueRidgeDebate, or that the person who posted at slabbed wasn't him. It was just another guy using his handle - another guy in insurance management who used to live in Mississippi and now lives in the mountains. Simple coincidence.