College football

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Re: College football

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Talk about the luck of the Irish. Who would have thought that both Oregon and Kansas
State would lose and thus put Notre Dame at the top. Yikes. Well, after all those years
in the wilderness, you can't pretend to live up to that standard. It will take a little time
for that to happen. After they started to slip all those years ago, there were some people
who thought they were getting a break just for being Notre Dame. Still have to beat USC.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Looks like another year where the SEC will have a representative in the NC and my Dawgs are one of them.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Supsalemgr wrote:Looks like another year where the SEC will have a representative in the NC and my Dawgs are one of them.
fat chance of that happening
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:Did you dump her the next day? ;)
Nah. she was way too hot.
Just figured she didn't know much about college football. :)
Bungalow Bill wrote:Talk about the luck of the Irish. Who would have thought that both Oregon and Kansas State would lose and thus put Notre Dame at the top. Yikes. Well, after all those years
in the wilderness, you can't pretend to live up to that standard. It will take a little time
for that to happen. After they started to slip all those years ago, there were some people
who thought they were getting a break just for being Notre Dame.
I like to think it's the influence of Touchdown Jesus (though He won't be there, as an edifice, in California, He'll be there in spirit). :D

Bungalow Bill wrote:Still have to beat USC.
Indeed, Bill ...

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:Looks like another year where the SEC will have a representative in the NC and my Dawgs are one of them.
fat chance of that happening
Yup. Spot on, billy. 8-)

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

It has now been reported that Barkley is out.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Touchdown Jesus must have been on an extended vacation for the last two decades,
but I'm glad he's back.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:I think GA could beat AL to win the right to lose to ND.
'Bama's gonna be out for blood, the Dawgs don't stand a chance.
Vrede wrote:Buuut . . . if USC beats ND I sure hope not ... I've already got a party to go to with Brats and beer and I expect to be celebrating! and FSU beats FL I'm OK with that outcome though all my Gator friends will be beside themselves ... but my FSU friends will be ecstatic ... still, either way ... my OR miiight be back in the big game. Fat chance of that happening.
Except for the ND-USC game, Vrede, I'll be pulling for whatever might help out your Mighty Ducks! :D

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Bungalow Bill wrote:Touchdown Jesus must have been on an extended vacation for the last two decades, but I'm glad he's back.
Me, too, Bill! :D
Vrede wrote:Surprising, ND is only favored by 7 over USC.
USC has always been a tough game for ND.
The rivalry between these two teams cannot be understated.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:
mike wrote:Except for the ND-USC game, Vrede, I'll be pulling for whatever might help out your Mighty Ducks! :D
Looks like it's either-or. AL/GA is in so it's either ND or OR, and OR still would need FL to lose. Even then, OR could be leapfrogged by FSU or KSU. :yawn:

So, with the OR odds so poor and not liking any of the alternatives much, I guess I'm Irish.
Nice synopsis of the situation, Vrede. Well done. :)

Being Irish for a day doesn't, necessarily, involve believing in Touchdown Jesus ... just ask all the St. Patrick's day partiers ... ;)

Still, nice to see a fellow Notre Dame fan (as transient as it may be in your case). :D

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede wrote:The Anguish of USC

Matt Barkley may not be able to play.
...Oh, the irony. USC started the season No. 1 while Notre Dame was unranked. Now, the Irish are at the top and the (7-4) Trojans are unranked...

Only one (preseason #1) team in the history of the AP poll (which began in the 1930s) has finished with more than four losses...
I think GA could beat AL to win the right to lose to ND.

Buuut . . . if USC beats ND and FSU beats FL my OR miiight be back in the big game. Fat chance of that happening.

these guys?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

It's gettin' close to GO time for ND!!!!

Congrats to the Gators. A very convincing win over the 'Noles. :)

And, Vrede, congrats, also, to your Mighty Ducks ... great win! :D

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

ImageImage

ND is going to Miami!!!!

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

I really didn't think they'd make it this year, but I'm glad I was wrong. Great goal line
stance in the last few minutes. In a very roundabout way, this finally puts to rest that
awful BC game of many moons ago. :thumbup: :thumbup:

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Bungalow Bill wrote:I really didn't think they'd make it this year, but I'm glad I was wrong. Great goal line
stance in the last few minutes. In a very roundabout way, this finally puts to rest that
awful BC game of many moons ago. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Indeed, Bill, Image

Here I am after getting back from an ND party (my cat wanted to celebrate, as well ;) ):

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

A black cat? I think we better stick with the "leprechaun." Now it's time to enjoy the
victory and being #1 for the next month or so.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Bungalow Bill wrote:A black cat? I think we better stick with the "leprechaun." Now it's time to enjoy the
victory and being #1 for the next month or so.
:D
Hey, Bill, my cat was hitting the Notre Dame writing on my sweatshirt the same way the Notre Dame players hit the sign on the way out of the locker room. :D

There was a reason I used that pic ... 8-)

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:these guys?
They got robbed on a bad call or non-call near the end, can't remember which. Should have used the other finger.
I must have missed the "bad call", but either way buger picking on national tv is a greatway to make your mama proud

AntiAlias
Pilot Officer

Unread post by AntiAlias »

Congrats to the Buckeyes for beating Michigan and going 12-0.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Okay, now I get the black cat. :thumbup: