Failed prohibition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Failed prohibition

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I approve this message.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:01 am
I approve this message.
:thumbup: Despite my lifetime of scathing I've now become unable to scathe without thinking 'WWND?'
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:49 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:01 am
I approve this message.
:thumbup: Despite my lifetime of scathing I've now become unable to scathe without thinking 'WWND?'
:-|| Thanks for the honorable consideration. Us scatheists must stick together. Scatheism now, scatheism tomorrow, scatheism forever.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Delta 9, the stuff in weed that makes you stoned, is technically legal in SC. I've seen D9 edibles being sold, too

https://wpde.com/news/local/legal-hemp- ... il-15-2022

So long as it's derived from hemp and less than some % of dry weight it's legal.

https://cbdfarmacy.us/collections/delta-11

Am I correct? Isn't D9 the THC in weed?
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:33 pm
Delta 9, the stuff in weed that makes you stoned, is technically legal in SC. I've seen D9 edibles being sold, too

So long as it's derived from hemp and less than some % of dry weight it's legal.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis and one of at least 113 total cannabinoids identified on the plant. Although the chemical formula for THC (C21H30O2) describes multiple isomers, the term THC usually refers to the Delta-9-THC isomer with chemical name (−)-trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Like most pharmacologically active secondary metabolites of plants, THC is a lipid found in cannabis, assumed to be involved in the plant's evolutionary adaptation, putatively against insect predation, ultraviolet light, and environmental stress.

THC, along with its double bond isomers and their stereoisomers, is one of only three cannabinoids scheduled by the UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances (the other two are dimethylheptylpyran and parahexyl).
:lol: Try reading that stoned. It MIGHT be that the high is a result of interactions between all the cannabinoids, rather than just the Delta-9-THC isomer but -0-? .
It was listed under Schedule I in 1971, but reclassified to Schedule II in 1991 following a recommendation from the WHO. Based on subsequent studies, the WHO has recommended the reclassification to the less-stringent Schedule III. Cannabis as a plant is scheduled by the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs (Schedule I and IV). It is specifically still listed under Schedule I by US federal law under the Controlled Substances Act for having "no accepted medical use" and "lack of accepted safety"....
This makes me wonder if what's being openly sold as "Delta-9" really is the same thing, but -0-? . I'll stick to living the outlaw life, it's part of the fun.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:46 pm

This makes me wonder if what's being openly sold as "Delta-9" really is the same thing, but -0-? . I'll stick to living the outlaw life, it's part of the fun.
Rebel.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:46 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:33 pm

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis and one of at least 113 total cannabinoids identified on the plant. Although the chemical formula for THC (C21H30O2) describes multiple isomers, the term THC usually refers to the Delta-9-THC isomer with chemical name (−)-trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Like most pharmacologically active secondary metabolites of plants, THC is a lipid found in cannabis, assumed to be involved in the plant's evolutionary adaptation, putatively against insect predation, ultraviolet light, and environmental stress.

THC, along with its double bond isomers and their stereoisomers, is one of only three cannabinoids scheduled by the UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances (the other two are dimethylheptylpyran and parahexyl).
:lol: Try reading that stoned. It MIGHT be that the high is a result of interactions between all the cannabinoids, rather than just the Delta-9-THC isomer but -0-? .
It was listed under Schedule I in 1971, but reclassified to Schedule II in 1991 following a recommendation from the WHO. Based on subsequent studies, the WHO has recommended the reclassification to the less-stringent Schedule III. Cannabis as a plant is scheduled by the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs (Schedule I and IV). It is specifically still listed under Schedule I by US federal law under the Controlled Substances Act for having "no accepted medical use" and "lack of accepted safety"....
Same. I prefer the real thing anyway.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Marijuana legalization on the ballot in these states: Here’s what voters decided

Anti-prohibition
Maryland :clap: Hominy stoners!
Missouri :thumbup: Red state win.

Continued prohibition
Arkansas :( They really needed it with 4 years of Lyin' Gov Sarah ahead.
North Dakota
South Dakota
:x It's not like there's a lot else to do in the Dakotas.

Sigh, still work to do.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:04 pm
(vid)
:D So true.

Worth noting, stoners did not get stomped in the 'No' states.
Arkansas 44-56
North Dakota 45-55
South Dakota 47-53

Next election . . . if we don't forget. :oops:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:56 pm
Tom Cottons response to Biden's recent pardonings

Come on Biden. Reschedule marijuana next. It's about time.

About 6K got the Biden pardons, I think.
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown pardons 45K for marijuana convictions

About 45,000 people previously convicted of marijuana possession in Oregon will be pardoned and $14 million in fines forgiven, the Governor's Office announced Monday.

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown is pardoning the 47,144 convictions for possession of one ounce or less of marijuana going back several decades. Criminal convictions, even for possessing small amounts of marijuana that would be legal now, can be barriers to employment, housing and education.

“No one deserves to be forever saddled with the impacts of a conviction for simple possession of marijuana — a crime that is no longer on the books in Oregon,” Brown said in a statement Monday. “Oregonians should never face housing insecurity, employment barriers, and educational obstacles as a result of doing something that is now completely legal, and has been for years. My pardon will remove these hardships."

She noted that while all Oregonians use marijuana at similar rates, Black and Latino people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted of marijuana possession at disproportionate rates....

Officials with the ACLU of Oregon said Brown is the first governor take this action on pardoning....
:happy-cheerleaderkid: x 45K.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Wow
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?p=91782#p91782
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:58 pm
I'm assuming the smell of ripening meat was overwhelming to the dog.
Since you said that, do you remember some time back about the stories of drug-crazed weirdo's chewing on people's faces? Hell, the victims were alive!
I remember a few years ago the young guy in FL that chewed someone's face while under the influence of drugs.....don't know what happened to him. As I recall, the chewer and chewee were both conscious at the time. This could be a case in which drugs are mostly to blame, but this face chewer could have gotten a gun instead and blown someone's face away because he couldn't get or someone wouldn't give him.......drugs.
Update 6 years later, no drugs just psychotic:

Face-Eating Killer Avoids Jail Time With Insanity Plea Deal
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:04 pm
viewtopic.php?p=91782#p91782
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:58 pm
I'm assuming the smell of ripening meat was overwhelming to the dog.
Since you said that, do you remember some time back about the stories of drug-crazed weirdo's chewing on people's faces? Hell, the victims were alive!
I remember a few years ago the young guy in FL that chewed someone's face while under the influence of drugs.....don't know what happened to him. As I recall, the chewer and chewee were both conscious at the time. This could be a case in which drugs are mostly to blame, but this face chewer could have gotten a gun instead and blown someone's face away because he couldn't get or someone wouldn't give him.......drugs.
Update 6 years later, no drugs just psychotic:

Face-Eating Killer Avoids Jail Time With Insanity Plea Deal
:shock: I bet trump would like to have a meeting with this guy because if he can get off Scott Free for face chewing, trump might want to get some pointers on how he himself can avoid prison for all the goddamn crazy illegal stuff he's done.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:53 am
:shock: I bet trump would like to have a meeting with this guy because if he can get off Scott Free for face chewing, trump might want to get some pointers on how he himself can avoid prison for all the goddamn crazy illegal stuff he's done.
I would be fine with locking Dolt .45 up in an institution for the criminally insane for an in determinate period. I'm pretty sure that MDs and a judge would not conclude that he's cured of being an asshole before he died.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:52 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:53 am
I would be fine with locking Dolt .45 up in an institution for the criminally insane for an in determinate period. I'm pretty sure that MDs and a judge would not conclude that he's cured of being an asshole before he died.
Yeah. Me, too. In any case, the raccoon eyed babbling moron will never change his ways. Shit, a lobotomy would be an improvement for him.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Columbia SC police to start cracking down in Delta 8

The agencies were enforcing a South Carolina attorney general’s opinion published in 2021 that forbade the selling of unprocessed hemp.

Reeves did not tell shop owners their non-flower delta-8 products were illegal, such as gummies and vape cartridges. Reeves told The State he did explain that he was unsure and would return once he learned more. “When we were first educating ourselves, we were telling them we knew 100% the flower was illegal,” Reeves said. “We’re in the process of educating them now” on the other delta-8 products. Most shops complied with the directive to get rid of all hemp flower, but when contacted by The State Wednesday, owners said they were not yet aware that police had plans to crack down on all delta-8 products. The Columbia police decision comes from an attorney general’s opinion that says delta-8 is illegal in South Carolina. That opinion came out in 2021, but police are just now enforcing the dictate on delta-8 locally.

It’s not law, but it’s the guidelines we’re going to use going forward,” Reeves said of the attorney general’s opinion. That means no more delta-8 products on the shelves at Columbia stores.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/art ... rylink=cpy

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/art ... 96383.html

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Of course it's evil. They've been re-playing "Reefer Madness" at their meetings.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:25 am

Good to know that SC police have so much spare time on their hands. Oh wait, SC has the 6th worst murder rate in the US. :headscratch:
https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-red ... er-problem

Maybe those with violent tendencies should be given MORE Delta 8.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:52 am
Whack9 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:25 am

Good to know that SC police have so much spare time on their hands. Oh wait, SC has the 6th worst murder rate in the US. :headscratch:
https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-red ... er-problem

Maybe those with violent tendencies should be given MORE Delta 8.

I would have guessed that Georgia and Michigan would have been red.
Ain't it funny the way our media informs.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”