Faux Noise

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm
What fascinates and befuddles me is wingnuttery and dumbfuckery. I've also always been fascinated by how water swirls as its going down the drain; they say it swirls counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere but I've not been down there to confirm this.
That's a myth, but as for other wingnuttery and dumbfuckery:

Exclusive: The true origins of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. A Yahoo News investigation.

Faux Noise finally retracted after eight days, but it’s been too cowardly to apologize and Hannity has never had the stones to do either.

Liberals Don’t Share or Believe Fake News As Much As Right-Wingers, Study Finds
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/liberals-don- ... 37137.html (article)
Polarization, Partisanship and Junk News Consumption over Social Media in the US
http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-content/ ... nkNews.pdf (study)
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm
What fascinates and befuddles me is wingnuttery and dumbfuckery. I've also always been fascinated by how water swirls as its going down the drain; they say it swirls counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere but I've not been down there to confirm this.
That's a myth, but as for other wingnuttery and dumbfuckery:

Exclusive: The true origins of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. A Yahoo News investigation.

Faux Noise finally retracted after eight days, but it’s been too cowardly to apologize and Hannity has never had the stones to do either.

Liberals Don’t Share or Believe Fake News As Much As Right-Wingers, Study Finds
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/liberals-don- ... 37137.html (article)
Polarization, Partisanship and Junk News Consumption over Social Media in the US
http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-content/ ... nkNews.pdf (study)
Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?
Conservative Syndrome could help explain link between religiosity and lower intelligence
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
Couple all that with a belief system whose every, single tenet is based on ignorant, unreasoned fear- fear that is easily engaged, triggered, manipulated and enhanced. They are simply unable, in any sense, to act or react with logic or sanity.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 am
Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?
Conservative Syndrome could help explain link between religiosity and lower intelligence
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
Couple all that with a belief system whose every, single tenet is based on ignorant, unreasoned fear- fear that is easily engaged, triggered, manipulated and enhanced. They are simply unable, in any sense, to act or react with logic or sanity.
Thanks! Saved. 2 more:

Older people, conservatives more likely to share fake news: study
https://www.yahoo.com/news/older-people ... 11480.html (article)
Less than you think: Prevalence and predictors of fake news dissemination on Facebook
http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/ ... u4586.full (study)

At Yale, we conducted an experiment to turn conservatives into liberals. The results say a lot about our political divisions.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ins ... divisions/
Summary: Science has proven that conservatives are much more likely to be snowflakes.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:lol: After reading about the Yale experiment, I came away feeling that folks like Mark Meadows, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, and all those others must be scared to death and it made me feel even better about telling Meadows how I hoped his female family members would be sexually assaulted by members of groups that he most detests (fears the most).

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm
:lol: After reading about the Yale experiment, I came away feeling that folks like Mark Meadows, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, and all those others must be scared to death and it made me feel even better about telling Meadows how I hoped his female family members would be sexually assaulted by members of groups that he most detests (fears the most).
They are wussy snowflakes. EVERY SINGLE FACET of "conservative" ideology is rooted in fear. Illogical, unreasoned fear.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fox News Cuts Into Trump Speech To Deliver A Brutal Real-Time Fact Check

Ouch, what's a Trumpette to do when their own state media, Faux Noise, starts telling the truth about their idol?
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

You spend a lot of time keeping up with Fox News. I liked your Fox News - Police Officer human interest story.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Ilhan Omar responds to Tucker Carlson's rant about her: 'Racist fool'

Calling Tucker Carlson a “racist fool” is like saying that the Sun rose in the East this morning.
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Fox News Hasn’t Asked Paid Contributor Ken Starr (or Alan Dershowitz) About His Pedophile Client Jeffrey Epstein

It's just Faux Noise being sleazy Faux Noise.

Ken Starr career "high"lights:
    Disrupted an entire nation over lies about consensual adult sex.
    Presided over the Baylor rapes and coverups.
    Represented a pedophile.

He may not be our worst perv ever, but he's the most wide-ranging one.
    1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm
    Fox News Hasn’t Asked Paid Contributor Ken Starr (or Alan Dershowitz) About His Pedophile Client Jeffrey Epstein

It's just Faux Noise being sleazy Faux Noise.

Ken Starr career "high"lights:
    Disrupted an entire nation over lies about consensual adult sex.
    Presided over the Baylor rapes and coverups.
    Represented a pedophile.

He may not be our worst perv ever, but he's the most wide-ranging one.
    From what I understand from reading about the Epstein case, the court records were under seal until recently, and if so, nobody would have known to ask about their involvement in it.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm
    From what I understand from reading about the Epstein case, the court records were under seal until recently, and if so, nobody would have known to ask about their involvement in it.
    Idk if lawyer names get hidden.

Anyhow, according to the article The Daily Beast reported on March 12, 2019 that Dershowitz helped negotiate the deal. The article then links the Miami Herald, Nov. 28, 2018:
    Acosta, in 2011, would explain that he was unduly pressured by Epstein’s heavy-hitting lawyers — Lefkowitz, Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz, Jack Goldberger, Roy Black, former U.S. Attorney Guy Lewis, Gerald Lefcourt, and Kenneth Starr, the former Whitewater special prosecutor who investigated Bill Clinton’s sexual liaisons with Monica Lewinsky.
    Faux Noise has never asked either about Epstein. :roll:

Clarification to my post above: The article says, " Dershowitz ... has appeared on Fox News more than 70 times since news of that 2008 deal broke," but it only calls Starr ("interviewed ... at least 59 times") "a paid Fox News contributor".

Not sure that it matters. As the article argues, I think Faux Noise had an absolute responsibility to ask both about Epstein. If prosecutor Acosta is news, surely the defense team that's sitting on your set also is.
    1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:29 pm
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm
    Idk if lawyer names get hidden.

Anyhow, according to the article The Daily Beast reported on March 12, 2019 that Dershowitz helped negotiate the deal. The article then links the Miami Herald, Nov. 28, 2018:
    Acosta, in 2011, would explain that he was unduly pressured by Epstein’s heavy-hitting lawyers — Lefkowitz, Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz, Jack Goldberger, Roy Black, former U.S. Attorney Guy Lewis, Gerald Lefcourt, and Kenneth Starr, the former Whitewater special prosecutor who investigated Bill Clinton’s sexual liaisons with Monica Lewinsky.
    Faux Noise has never asked either about Epstein. :roll:

Clarification to my post above: The article says, " Dershowitz ... has appeared on Fox News more than 70 times since news of that 2008 deal broke," but it only calls Starr ("interviewed ... at least 59 times") "a paid Fox News contributor".

Not sure that it matters. As the article argues, I think Faux Noise had an absolute responsibility to ask both about Epstein. If prosecutor Acosta is news, surely the defense team that's sitting on your set also is.
    then it seems the ability to ask them about their involvement was present and they didn't do it. But then again, nobody else did either until this latest episode. As far as I konw, Dershowitz is the only surviving member of OJ's defense team. I wonder how he feels about that one?

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman are unrecognizable as Megyn Kelly, Gretchen Carlson in 1st 'Bombshell' trailer

You have to see it with your own eyes, but Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman have absolutely transformed for the new film, "Bombshell."

"BOMBSHELL is a revealing look inside the most powerful and controversial media empire of all time; Fox News, and the explosive story of the women who brought down the infamous man who created it," the official description reads, alongside the first teaser trailer.

The 85-second clip is more of an introduction to the women, Theron as Megyn Kelly, Kidman as Gretchen Carlson.

The power duo gather in an elevator, alongside Margot Robbie, who plays a fictional character, and the silence is deafening.

Check out the thrilling clip above and the movie when it's out on Dec. 20.

Roger Ailes, who died in 2017, was forced to resign in 2016 after Carlson accused him of sexual harassment in a lawsuit. Other women at Fox News, including Kelly, also said Ailes sexually harassed them during his tenure at the cable news channel.

"Bombshell" also stars John Lithgow as Roger Ailes, Connie Britton as Beth Ailes, Allison Janney and Kate McKinnon.
    Helluva cast, might be fun.
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Calls Out Laura Ingraham After Grammar Tweet: ‘You’re a Neo-Nazi Fan Favorite’

:lol:

As y'all know ;) , I don’t mind grammar correction, but “less” vs. “fewer” is really desperate and lame, Nazi Laura.
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

WATCH: Laura Ingraham Drinks Steak Impaled With Lightbulbs and Plastic Straws to Own the Libs

:confusion-scratchheadblue: Article

Yes, Laura, that video "will be in the Smithsonian," but not for the reason you think or will like. Is she making fun of we lefties or of righties? Is she really saying that her team is that childish and moronic? If so, I agree.
    1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
    Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 pm
    WATCH: Laura Ingraham Drinks Steak Impaled With Lightbulbs and Plastic Straws to Own the Libs

:confusion-scratchheadblue: Article

Yes, Laura, that video "will be in the Smithsonian," but not for the reason you think or will like. Is she making fun of we lefties or of righties? Is she really saying that her team is that childish and moronic? If so, I agree.
    Just more moronic Republican nonsense; if Laura impaled her ass with crushed light bulbs and plastic straws and pushed it all out on tv, I'd probably watch and perhaps even applaud depending on how things worked out. :)

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson turns on Trump for asking Ukraine to investigate his rival Joe Biden: ‘There’s no way to spin this’

"However, Carlson insisted that the president’s actions did not rise to the level of an impeachable offence"

Translation: Only one of Tucker's lips has dislodged from Dolt .45's butt.
    1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
    Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Between Shep Smith and this, I guess that Barr's message to Rupert Murdoch got through. They should rename to the SychoFox Network.

https://news.yahoo.com/water-finds-leve ... 48667.html
    Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-sea ... news_index

"You know, the laundry list of people that now are experts, Comey, Brennan, McCabe, Clapper, all these people, and now they’re getting paid gigs on the same networks that got it wrong. It’s unbelievable. Great gig, I guess, if you can get it. Lying, propagandizing, I guess, pays for people. It pays pretty well. So what’s that? These are con artists now, you know they’re just liars, they’re just advancing a political agenda."
    -- Sean Hannity
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Too wingnutty for Faux Noise is really saying something!

Trish Regan’s Fox Show Put 'On Hiatus,' Days After Off-The-Rails Coronavirus Rant

Check out the clip here:
    https://twitter.com/trish_regan/status/ ... 1509033984

Tweets:
    Trish Regan
    @trish_regan

I want to let everyone know that Trish Regan Primetime is now on hiatus. FBN has taken prudent steps to limit staffing levels and is prioritizing its coverage during market hours. I fully support this decision — we all must to do our part to keep our colleagues safe. #TrishRegan
    BS sour grapes.
    ... If Fox wants to do their viewers a real service they'll make it permanent.
    They’re pretending it’s about Fox News being responsible instead of owning up to damage that Regan has caused.

That is because if they acknowledge that, almost every Fox host would need to go on “hiatus.”
    Comments:
    Covfefe-19. Spread the word.
    Give her a break. If she was smart, and decent, and sane, she wouldn't have been able to get her own show on Fox.
    1312. ETTD.