Faux Noise

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:20 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:57 pm
I just looked at their website again, front page, U.S. news and Politics.

Trump's name cannot be found.

That's astounding.
Different algorithm? I see several tangential mentions of him by name and:

Homepage
"Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., (left) and President Joe Biden (right).
No-Labels' Joe Lieberman suggests spring-2024 decision for third-party bid amid 'distaste' for Biden, Trump"
"'The View' compares Trump to Mussolini, warns he was executed by his own people"
:lol:
"Tim Scott responds to Trump's VP suggestion, kind words with a suggestion of his own"

U.S.
Nada, as you say.

Politics
Just a tangential mention:
"Judge Jeanine: CNN suffers from 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'"

-0-?
Never thought about a "news" site using an algorithm like that but who knows? They'd have no data on me.

This is the only thing they had on the front page now.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-go ... g-mistakes
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Only reference to Trump in the "World News" section of my Canada version MSN

"Trump calls the United States a third-world country run by perverts"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/tr ... 4fed&ei=42

Maybe the greatest fadeaway ever in history is beginning.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

I kinda like living in "a third-world country run by perverts". :twisted: :thumbup:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:50 pm
Never thought about a "news" site using an algorithm like that but who knows? They'd have no data on me.

This is the only thing they had on the front page now.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-go ... g-mistakes
Yahoo News uses a cookies-assisted algorithm. I assumed that they all do.

I saw that, too, and counted it as a tangential mention since it's really about Fascist DerSantis rather than Dolt . 45.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:18 pm

I saw that, too, and counted it as a tangential mention since it's really about Fascist DerSantis rather than Dolt . 45.
Yahoo News mostly disseminates other news sources, so yeah.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, NYT et al represent themselves as news sites, I would think (ha ha, -0-? ) that their news would be news for all....but what do I know.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:04 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:18 pm

Yahoo News mostly disseminates other news sources, so yeah.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, NYT et al represent themselves as news sites, I would think (ha ha, -0-? ) that their news would be news for all....but what do I know.
I didn't know for sure, but I found this and other articles by googling "does fox news use an algorithm for article display?"

How algorithms decide the news you see
Past clicks affect future ones
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Laura Ingraham Gets Embarrassed By Her Own On-Screen Graphic
The Fox News personality's claims about Robert F. Kennedy Jr. didn't exactly match up with what appeared on the screen.

:laughing-rolling:

Fwiw, wisdom shared with me long ago: Just being on the ballot in a 2-person race gets one 20%.

With few exceptions I've since found this to be true.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The funny thing is that all of these RepuQs will have real primary choices. The ones donating to Junior and saying they will vote for him will disappear entirely when it comes to casting their ballots.

GoJoeGo.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

So Jesse Waters has been talking impeachment of Biden for half an hour with a blonde ditz and they think it would be great counterprogramming for the trump trial(s) in the spring.

Figure it would take about ten minutes for acquittal in the Senate.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:34 pm
So Jesse Waters has been talking impeachment of Biden for half an hour with a blonde ditz and they think it would be great counterprogramming for the trump trial(s) in the spring.

I'm not even sure whether the necessary House GQP unanimity on impeachment will happen. Why have they waited this long? Fuckin' commie RINOs.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I'm not even sure whether the necessary House GQP unanimity on impeachment will happen. Why have they waited this long? Fuckin' commie RINOs.
Buncha pussies.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Guess they're pushing this one. I'm thinking trump will have the #1 show. :clap:

O Really
Admiral

For better or worse, and I'd say worse, the two unsuccessful impeachments of Trump, as well as the Clinton kangaroo court, have dimmed the significance of that process. I'm thinking most people, R's and D's, would see a Biden impeachment as political retribution for Trump.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:03 pm
For better or worse, and I'd say worse, the two unsuccessful impeachments of Trump, as well as the Clinton kangaroo court, have dimmed the significance of that process. I'm thinking most people, R's and D's, would see a Biden impeachment as political retribution for Trump.
Not quite. Is the right really going to believe that they did something for retribution? I don't think so.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
The numbers will remain consistent.

65% will see retribution, 35% won't.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:47 pm
O Really wrote:
Not quite. Is the right really going to believe that they did something for retribution? I don't think so.
I say they not only believe it, they're proud of it. Trump has taught them that not only is revenge on one's enemies a good thing, that it's a necessary thing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A man is not a man (or a Barbie) unless they are seeking vengeance.
viewtopic.php?p=187215#p187215
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:23 pm
Daryl Hannah announced a new 'EcoWarrior' plastic-free Barbie. Turns out, it was an elaborate hoax by climate-change activists. (Exclusive)
Fake press release purportedly from Mattel was meant to raise awareness of the climate crisis.

... The fake EcoWarrior Barbies announcement was actually a reprise of a project called the Barbie Liberation Organization (BLO), which, back in 1993, saw Vamos and a team of activists pull off a major stunt in protest of the newly released Teen Talk Barbie, which said, among other objectionably sexist phrases, "Math is hard." In response, the underground team purchased hundreds of the Barbies, along with the same amount of talking G.I. Joe dolls; they then switched the voice boxes and put all the toys back on shelves, with the military doll saying things like "Let’s go shopping!" and Barbie uttering, "Vengeance is mine!" It prompted a flurry of gobsmacked media coverage.
:laughing-rolling:

Perpetual victims - it's the Trumpette way.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:44 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:47 pm
O Really wrote:
I say they not only believe it, they're proud of it. Trump has taught them that not only is revenge on one's enemies a good thing, that it's a necessary thing.
That's what I meant. Although it was done for retribution, they don't see the negative implications of the deed.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Didn't his mother tell him if you make dirty faces your face will freeze that way?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

After a brief flirtation with Never Trumpism and nosediving Fascist DerSantis' Never Back Down, Faux Noise appears to have backed down and rejoined the cult.
Jesse Watters' Fawning Over Trump Mug Shot Street Art Goes Seriously Sideways
The Fox News anchor's flub is "just another case of their propaganda and lying to their viewers," artist Chris Veal told HuffPost.

An Atlanta street artist has called out Fox News’ Jesse Watters and other conservatives who falsely interpreted his mural mocking Donald Trump’s mug shot as a tribute to the former president.

Watters on Monday fawned over footage of Chris Veal’s depiction of Trump’s booking photo, which was released following his arrest last week in Georgia for charges related to his effort to overturn the state’s 2020 election results.

“The mug shot’s up on the side of buildings in the inner city. The 2016 phenomenon is happening all over again,” the prime time anchor, who has said Trump looked “good” and “hard” in the image, gushed over footage of Veal painting the piece.

“Trump won that election because of a laser-like focus on the forgotten man,” Watters continued. “A bond was formed back then that can never be broken.”

However, Veal’s work was still in progress when the video was filmed....

See the finished piece here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwax6R_uBu9/?img_index=1
:laughing-rolling: “M.A.G.A. MY ASS GOT ARRESTED” - Perfect.

Of course, truth never dissuades a Trumpette.
“When I saw how Fox spun my piece being painted I honestly thought, ‘Man, they’re good,’” Veal told HuffPost on Tuesday.

“I didn’t get mad,” he continued. “I was more interested to see firsthand exactly how they operate and take advantage of their viewers.”

Images of the unfinished artwork have since gone viral among conservatives.

“To see it spreading all over right-wing media is wild,” said Veal.

“Many people lack basic media literacy and these outlets know it and use it,” he added. “This is just another case of their propaganda and lying to their viewers. I hope one day people learn to see through it all.” ...

:---P
1312. ETTD.