Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Vrede too »

Lawrence O'Donnell Torches 'Stupidest ... Most Disgraceful Senator Of The Year'
“He lives and breathes cruelty without feeling a thing," the MSNBC anchor said of the Republican lawmaker.

Guess who.
Spoiler:

I first thought of Sen Johnson the johnson (WI), then Teddy Cruz (TX). Opps. It's Sen Tommy Tuberville (AL). :doh:
... Tuberville is the “most disgraceful senator of the year” and “widely regarded in the Senate as possibly the stupidest senator,” O’Donnell claimed.

“And there’s a lot of competition for disgraceful in the United States Senate, where the Republican aisle is occupied by the very worst collection of senators since the last segregationist left the building,” he continued....
:---P WDE! :P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:21 am
“He lives and breathes cruelty without feeling a thing," the MSNBC anchor said of the Republican lawmaker.

Guess who.
Spoiler:

I first thought of Sen Johnson the johnson (WI), then Teddy Cruz (TX). Opps. It's Sen Tommy Tuberville (AL). :doh:
... Tuberville is the “most disgraceful senator of the year” and “widely regarded in the Senate as possibly the stupidest senator,” O’Donnell claimed.

“And there’s a lot of competition for disgraceful in the United States Senate, where the Republican aisle is occupied by the very worst collection of senators since the last segregationist left the building,” he continued....
He's long gone from doing what he was good at. He may well be the dumbest, but being the dumbest of the dumb, he does have company, republican company
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:35 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Guess who.
Spoiler:

He's long gone from doing what he was good at. He may well be the dumbest, but being the dumbest of the dumb, he does have company, republican company
:thumbup: Did you guess correctly?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:09 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:35 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Guess who.
Spoiler:

Yes I did. He's a standout of dumb in politics and probably a lot of other things, but he was a great football.coach. could he have some degree of Savant syndrome, or was he just a lucky coach.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:38 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Yes I did.
:clap:
He's a standout of dumb in politics and probably a lot of other things, but he was a great football coach. Could he have some degree of Savant syndrome, or was he just a lucky coach?
Early dementia? Did he ever discuss politics or social issues while he was coaching?

Sen. Justine Wadsack thinks 9/11 is an inside job? Just don't dare ask her why

Too much wingnuttery to excerpt. Example:
... Another of her bills, seeking to ban books about transgenderism and sexuality, was so poorly worded it opened the door to banning any book that included the words “he” or “she.”
Here's the worst thing, though:
... I get that Wadsack is a tad sensitive.

She just survived a recall attempt and rather than showing grace or perhaps even a little humility, she’s been on the attack against those who dared to exercise their constitutional right to give voters a chance to reconsider their representation....
Fuckin' RW voters.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:59 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Yes I did.
:clap:
He's a standout of dumb in politics and probably a lot of other things, but he was a great football coach. Could he have some degree of Savant syndrome, or was he just a lucky coach?
Early dementia? Did he ever discuss politics or social issues while he was coaching?

Sen. Justine Wadsack thinks 9/11 is an inside job? Just don't dare ask her why

Too much wingnuttery to excerpt. Example:
... Another of her bills, seeking to ban books about transgenderism and sexuality, was so poorly worded it opened the door to banning any book that included the words “he” or “she.”
Here's the worst thing, though:
... I get that Wadsack is a tad sensitive.

She just survived a recall attempt and rather than showing grace or perhaps even a little humility, she’s been on the attack against those who dared to exercise their constitutional right to give voters a chance to reconsider their representation....
Fuckin' RW voters.
Now, now, ya gotta be nice to the poor child who went to middle school as a wad-sack.
(I didn't find that she had married)

Of course all of the 9.11 inside job crap is crap.
BUT
I've never said this out loud, other than to my wife.
1) 93 wouldn't have been an Inside job
as cheney said, shooting it down would have been necessary to save more lives, if the super patriotic men and women of 93 hadn't stood up on their own and done what no group of passangers has done before or since.
2) the jets mobilized around NY and DC would have had more than enough time to intercept 93 where it went down based of the maps available on Google that include the time of takeoff, takeover and downing.
3) can you imagine the back lash towards the cheney administration if he had admitted it had happened rather than his hypothetical, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.
4) I imagine any administration would have done the same.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:55 pm
Now, now, ya gotta be nice to the poor child who went to middle school as a wad-sack.
(I didn't find that she had married)

Of course all of the 9.11 inside job crap is crap.
BUT
I've never said this out loud, other than to my wife.
1) 93 wouldn't have been an Inside job
as cheney said, shooting it down would have been necessary to save more lives, if the super patriotic men and women of 93 hadn't stood up on their own and done what no group of passengers has done before or since.
2) the jets mobilized around NY and DC would have had more than enough time to intercept 93 where it went down based of the maps available on Google that include the time of takeoff, takeover and downing.
3) can you imagine the backlash towards the cheney administration if he had admitted it had happened rather than his hypothetical, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.
4) I imagine any administration would have done the same.
"cheney administration" :thumbup:

Idk about #3. I and many Americans would have supported the shoot down of Flight 93 in the DC suburbs or sooner. As you say, #4.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Amazing that they go to the trouble to attack Public Citizen.
Even more amazing that they’ve even heard of Public Citizen.

:We get a lot of hate mail at Public Citizen.

It seems to be getting even more personal and violent — perhaps not surprisingly given MAGA’s embrace of outright fascism.

Here are just a few examples:
“We hope and pray you die.”
“The real patriots will set things straight soon.”
“I hope Trump ends you all — in the literal sense of the word.”
“I will kill you without remorse.”
“You should be run over by a car.”
“You all deserve a bullet.”
“What’s really sad is that no one has killed the twisted morons at Public Citizen.”
“I would rip you apart limb from limb if given the chance.”
“You should die slowly, in horrible pain.”
“We will eradicate scum like Public Citizen.”
“The FBI should lock you up and anyone who supports you.”
“Get the f*** out of my country.”
“Your day is coming, sooner than you think.”

That’s all in addition to the perpetual anti-Semitic attacks — along with, separately and ironically, accusations of being a “Nazi.”'

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:37 pm

It seems to be getting even more personal and violent — perhaps not surprisingly given MAGA’s embrace of outright fascism.

“What’s really sad is that no one has killed the twisted morons at Public Citizen.”

That’s all in addition to the perpetual anti-Semitic attacks — along with, separately and ironically, accusations of being a “Nazi.”'
I searched briefly but came up empty, including on the Public Citizen website:
https://www.citizen.org/news/type/in-the-news/
https://www.citizen.org/?s=maga+hate+mail

What did Public Citizen do to incite the MAGAt assholes?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:01 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:37 pm

I searched briefly but came up empty, including on the Public Citizen website:
https://www.citizen.org/news/type/in-the-news/
https://www.citizen.org/?s=maga+hate+mail

What did Public Citizen do to incite the MAGAt assholes?
It came in an email. Who knows what inspires them. It could be as simple as perceiving them as liberal to, who knows, the love of dangerous drugs at ridiculously high prices.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Karma's a bitch.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:50 am
Karma's a bitch.

https://twitter.com/BMeiselas/status/17 ... 1229389269
Michael Hayden did it, those CIA types are cunning and dangerous.

Tommy Tuberville Reports Ex-CIA Director to Police Over Online Attack

:violin: Please give us a list of all the times you've reported RW threats, Mr Potatoville, including obviously tongue-in-cheek ones like this is, you big fat :crybaby: .
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
... He's a standout of dumb in politics and probably a lot of other things, but he was a great football coach. Could he have some degree of Savant syndrome, or was he just a lucky coach?
-0-? Maybe he needs his own thread. Mr Potatotown is dominating this one.

Tuberville claims wars in Ukraine, Gaza were ‘created’ by Democrats

:roll: :crazy:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Tubby evidently subscribes to this bs - wow, if it weren’t for the ignorance that held Jews to be Jesus murderers in 1819, it really could be 1819 in parts of Alabama.
What a bunch of drivel.

https://1819news.com/news/item/pete-rie ... -about-god

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:58 pm
Tubby evidently subscribes to this bs - wow, if it weren’t for the ignorance that held Jews to be Jesus murderers in 1819, it really could be 1819 in parts of Alabama.
What a bunch of drivel.

https://1819news.com/news/item/pete-rie ... -about-god
:roll: Lots of whining about supposed leftist antisemitism - most of which is actually just opposition to Israel's apartheid terrorism - yet nary a mention of the RW neonazi attacks that remain essentially the only deadly antisemitism here. Funny that.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

House GOP moves to reduce Buttigieg's salary to $1
It has no shot at becoming law, but it's not the first time Republicans have tried to use obscure spending rules this way.

... The cut for Buttigieg was adopted by voice vote as an amendment to the fiscal 2024 Transportation-HUD spending bill and was put forth by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). The bill still needs to be approved by the full House but stands no chance at approval from the Democratic-controlled Senate....
:roll: EmptyG and lockstep RepuQs, of course.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I wasn't watching, of course, but apparently Haley called the (other) Indian guy "scum.'
And they call it a "debate."

And Ann Coulter called them "crazy"
:lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:44 am
I wasn't watching, of course, but apparently Haley called the (other) Indian guy "scum.'
And they call it a "debate."

And Ann Coulter called them "crazy"
:lol:
:D If anyone would know . . .

I didn't watch, either, but I do enjoy recaps and analysis, especially any that include the word "scum".

'You're Just Scum': Nikki Haley Slams Vivek Ramaswamy For Invoking Her Daughter
The two 2024 GOP presidential candidates got into a tense exchange over whether to ban the social media app TikTok.

... Haley’s daughter is in her mid-20s, but it’s still very unusual for candidates to bring up their opponents’ families as part of an attack on a debate stage.
I kind of agree with Nikki UNLESS her daughter has been publicly attacking Vivek or defending TikTok.
... During another part of Wednesday’s debate, while discussing foreign policy, Ramaswamy called Haley “Dick Cheney in 3-inch heels,” referring to the former GOP vice president....
:lol: Gotta agree with Vivek on that one.

More on the "debate":

Just 2 Months To Voting, But 2024 GOP Rivals Continue Strategy Of Ignoring Trump
Even with two open-ended questions about why them instead of the coup-attempting former president, all but one of the five fails to press a case.

The homepage teaser is not as circumspect as the article's headline:

WHAT PLANET ARE THEY ON!
GOP Rivals Debate In Alternate Universe Where Trump Isn't Crushing Them

:---P

HuffPo has several more articles on different aspects of the "debate".
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not to ever claim repugs are rational, but these clowns know that they aren't going to beat Trump in a vote among the cultists, so what's the point of attacking him? They're betting that for any of one or more reasons, Trump won't make it to the election and they're scrambling for the wreckage like roaches in the light.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

We've been saying it all along.

'Lawrence O’Donnell – the GOP ‘Debates Are Only in Case Trump Chokes on a Cheeseburger’
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.