Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

It's like a little 25 watt light bulb went off over his head as he had a revelation. :lol:

Republican Congressman Melts Down Asking What His Party’s Even Doing
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:50 pm
It's like a little 25 watt light bulb went off over his head as he had a revelation. :lol:

Republican Congressman Melts Down Asking What His Party’s Even Doing
Far-Right GOP Lawmaker's Question About Republicans Backfires Spectacularly
Rep. Chip Roy got some very blunt responses to a challenge he delivered from the House floor.

... Two U.S. senators, Tina Smith (Minn.) and Debbie Stabenow (Mich.), each responded by sharing the same meme from Clickhole:

Multiple observers said Roy was delivering a gift to Democratic campaigns and those who make ads for them:
Brian Goldsmith

I make ads for Democrats. We can't improve on this.
Joyce Alene, "Obama US Atty |25 year fed'l prosecutor" responding to Biden-Harris HQ.
:---P
David Axelrod

I imagine this might find its way into a few ads next year.
US Rep Ted Lieu (D-CA). They would know :lol:
And others ― including numerous Democratic lawmakers ― chimed in with their own replies to Roy:
Daniel Goldman
[Congressman (NY-10); Former Lead Counsel, Trump Impeachment 1.0]

Couldn’t have said it better myself @chiproytx

As a reminder, in the 117th Congress the Democratic Majority:

✅Passed historic investments in critical infrastructure
✅Ushered in a domestic manufacturing boom
✅Created nearly 11 MILLION new jobs

#DemsGetItDone
Robert Reich

Even Republicans have noticed Republicans can't govern.
Rep. Don Beyer
(Representing Northern Virginia’s #VA08)

Name "one meaningful, significant thing the Republican majority has done?" I'm drawing a blank here.
Jaime Harrison
(DNC Chair)

This is the biggest Do Nothing Republican Congress in the history of Do Nothing Congresses!

The only meaningful legislation that passed in this GOP House were a debt ceiling increase and two CRs to avoid Government shutdowns and guess what… they all passed because Democrats provided more support/votes than the GOP 🤡 Show!

These folks aren’t serious and that’s why we will #TakeItBack24
#GOPClownShowContinues
He's only slightly exaggerating:

The Least Productive Congress Since The Great Depression
Congress has only written 21 laws this year, on pace to be the least productive gathering of lawmakers since the Great Depression, as members draw more headlines for confrontations than for public policy-making.
Bill Pascrell, Jr. 🇺🇸🇺🇦
(New Jersey’s Congressman representing the Ninth District)

Wow a top House republican just said from the floor he can’t name one meaningful thing the republican party has done in power. I can’t either!
Congresswoman Julia Brownley
(Fighting #ForThePeople of California's 26th Congressional District)

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!
House Judiciary Dems

Rep. Chip Roy has an epiphany about the House Republican Conference.
They would know :laughing-rolling:
"Refused to expel George Santos" currently the strongest GOP Congressional message for 2024
Mark Takano
(Proudly Representing California's 39th District)

Been almost four hours since @RepChipRoy asked what @HouseGOP has done since January... he might be waiting a long time for an answer.
US Rep Brendan Boyle
(Congressman from Philly)

This is the greatest thing Chip Roy has ever said.
Sean Casten
(US Rep, IL-06.... Born at 326 ppm)

Mr. Roy raises a good point. Although I would remind him that as a founding member of of #GOPFightClub, he of all people should know that you DO NOT talk about #GOPFightClub.
Looks like I was born at about 316 ppm :problem:
:shock: Remember when a 350 ppm cap was the goal? :angry-banghead:

Back to the GQP scathing on X:
Rep. Jim McGovern
(Serving #MA02)

I think Chip is going to be waiting on the floor for a very long time.
I keep telling you the Republican Party is not a governing party. It’s a grievance party. They don’t even try to pass laws to help their own constituents anymore. All they do is get their voters to be mad at the other guys.
Mallory McMorrow
(Michigan State Senate Majority Whip)

When he’s right he’s right
Bazinga. A few more tweets at the link. I've never seen so many officials respond :crazy:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:12 am

Bazinga. A few more tweets at the link. I've never seen so many officials respond :crazy:
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

TikTokers discover Osama Bin Laden:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... 234879711/
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Mike Johnson: ‘Depraved’ America Deserves God’s Wrath

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234879233/

“Johnson replied: “The culture is so dark and depraved that it almost seems irredeemable.” He cited, as supposed evidence, the decline of national church attendance and the rise of LGBTQ youth — the fact, Johnson lamented, that “one-in-four high school students identifies as something other than straight.” 

“Discussing the risk of divine retribution, Johnson invoked Sodom, the Old Testament city destroyed by God for its wickedness with a rain of burning sulfur.”

“The prayer calls underscore the new House speaker’s alarming alignment with Christian nationalism — the extremist movement that holds America is not a secular democracy but was founded as a Christian nation and should be governed to uphold a fundamentalist morality. They also provide fresh evidence of Johnson’s apocalyptic worldview, in which he sees America as existing in “disastrous, calamitous” times and “hanging by a thread.” It raises questions about whether the Republican, who’s now second in line for the presidency,”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:45 pm
Mike Johnson: ‘Depraved’ America Deserves God’s Wrath

... who’s now second in line for the presidency,”
Sounds scarier than it probably is. If Biden died or became incapacitated, Harris would become President and would appoint a VP like Nixon did after Spurious Agnew ummm, "resigned." I suppose Biden and Harris could go out in a common event, or Harris could go out before appointing a VP, but none of that seems likely. But Johnson is scary enough as Speaker with a very slim and cantankerous majority and Dem President and Senate. Wonder if the Dems are missing McCarthy yet.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:41 pm
TikTokers discover Osama Bin Laden:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... 234879711/
Here is the full letter . . . at least until Joe and the Zionists pressure MSN to take it down, too:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/os ... r-AA1k0Awe

I didn't bother reading it. ObL is terrorist swine regardless of his justifications.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Idiots, as always:
Eric Swalwell Fact-Checks 3 Republicans Over Bridge Crash Misinformation
Sen. Ted Cruz, Rep. Anna Paulina Luna and Kari Lake all rushed to suggest the Rainbow Bridge incident was an act of terror.

... The crash, which caused an explosion when it occurred on the U.S. side of the bridge to Canada, prompted the closure of nearby border crossings and initial speculation of possible terrorism, which intensified after Fox News incorrectly reported that it was an “attempted terrorist attack.”

... Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said outright that “the explosion at Rainbow Bridge was a terrorist attack.” He never issued a correction after the FBI shared its conclusion, and the tweet still remained on his X (formerly Twitter) page on Friday morning....

All three tweets had community notes added to them explaining that they were incorrect. Swalwell also shared all three with the simple addition of the FBI’s statement....

:headscratch: "@JoeBiden is inviting" middle aged American couples to wreck their $300K Bentleys? Odd.
Many other right-wing figures jumped to conclusions and used the accident to fuel their arguments about border security, including Republican 2024 presidential candidate Vivek Ramswamy, Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) and former Rep. Mayra Flores (R-Texas)....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

What has this Congress accomplished?

Elected Moronic SINO McCarthy . . . on the 15th ballot
Dumped Moronic SINO McCarthy . . . on one ballot
Did not expel Sleazy Santos
Censured Ilhan Omar, the lone Palestinian in Congress
Did not elect Jim Jordan on multiple ballots
GQP made ongoing fools of themselves with the HunterHunterHunter "investigation"
Vaping Bozobert groped dick
Elected SINO Johnson the johnson
Delayed funding government, twice
Did not impeach Joltin' Joe
Expelled Sleazy Santos

Anything else? Anything?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:46 pm
What has this Congress accomplished?

Elected Moronic SINO McCarthy . . . on the 15th ballot
Dumped Moronic SINO McCarthy . . . on one ballot
Did not expel Sleazy Santos
Censured Ilhan Omar, the lone Palestinian in Congress
Did not elect Jim Jordan on multiple ballots
GQP made ongoing fools of themselves with the HunterHunterHunter "investigation"
Vaping Bozobert groped dick
Elected SINO Johnson the johnson
Delayed funding government, twice
Did not impeach Joltin' Joe
Expelled Sleazy Santos

Anything else? Anything?
Thought I read somewhere that they only have passed fifteen bills total.

Not counting debt ceiling, continuing resolutions, foreign aid and disaster relief none have been signed into law.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Greenville county councilman files motion to revoke the local abortion clinic's business license due to repeated visits from the sheriff's dept
Tzouvelekas is arguing the clinic is a nuisance business, and cites an ordinance passed in 2009 that allows the Department of General Services to suspend or revoke any business registration for businesses considered to be a public nuisance. The resolution states that the Sheriff’s Office has responded to the clinic’s location on Grove Road on more than 300 occasions, resulting in approximately 20 arrests.
https://www.foxcarolina.com/2023/12/03/ ... on-clinic/

Piece of shit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:06 pm
Greenville county councilman files motion to revoke the local abortion clinic's business license due to repeated visits from the sheriff's dept
Tzouvelekas is arguing the clinic is a nuisance business, and cites an ordinance passed in 2009 that allows the Department of General Services to suspend or revoke any business registration for businesses considered to be a public nuisance. The resolution states that the Sheriff’s Office has responded to the clinic’s location on Grove Road on more than 300 occasions, resulting in approximately 20 arrests.

Piece of shit.
:roll: I'll bet that all or nearly all of the calls and arrests are because of the actions of Tzouvelekas' misogynist fellow travelers, something FAUX Carolina conveniently neglects to mention. He would close synagogues attacked by neo-Nazis, too.
:obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:47 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:06 pm

Piece of shit.
:roll: I'll bet that all or nearly all of the calls and arrests are because of the actions of Tzouvelekas' misogynist fellow travelers, something FAUX Carolina conveniently neglects to mention. He would close synagogues attacked by neo-Nazis, too.
:obscene-birdiered:
I guess it's time to start protesting outside of this guys business and church to have them shut down for causing a nuisance.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:52 pm
I guess it's time to start protesting outside of this guys business and church to have them shut down for causing a nuisance.
:thumbup: Good idea. I wonder if anonymously SWATting him hundreds of times would also work? :twisted:

More RW hypocrisy and self-owns. I thought that this had been posted about, but I can't find it. Maybe I just read an article.
Curtains for Moms for Liberty: The fallout of a rape charge shows the far-right group is floundering
Gov. Ron DeSantis bet big on the book banners, but after electoral losses, even he's pushing them out the door

At first, there was little that was surprising about a report that Christian Ziegler, the husband of Moms for Liberty co-founder Bridget Ziegler, is under police investigation in Sarasota, FL following a rape allegation. The modus operandi of Moms for Liberty and their allies is implying, often outright falsely accusing, everyone from drag queens to school librarians of being sexual predators. Lurid finger-pointing from conservatives is often, as most folks have figured out by now, a form of psychological projection. It hasn't even been two weeks since the release of a similar story outing a Philadelphia organizer for Moms of Liberty for his 2012 conviction of sexual abuse of a 14-year-old boy.

Just as predictable were the details dug up by local reporters for the Florida Trident that the alleged victim told police "that she and both Zieglers had been involved in a three-year consensual three-way sexual relationship." The report alleges she had been alone with Christian Ziegler, who is also the chair of the Florida GOP, the night of the alleged rape. Time and again, we have seen this story play out: The self-appointed guardians of everyone else's sexual morality often have rather exotic sex lives of their own. Just ask Jerry Falwell Jr.

But what is genuinely startling — downright shocking, even — is there are signs that these revelations could result in bona fide political consequences for the Zieglers....

The speed with which the Zieglers are being tossed overboard is fascinating because it wasn't that long ago that the couple were some of the biggest rising stars in the GOP, especially in Florida. DeSantis aligned himself so firmly with Moms for Liberty that they seemed all but an official part of his presidential campaign. He gave a keynote address at the Moms for Liberty conference in Philadelphia in July. He also did innumerable events highlighting the group's work in banning books in school, terrorizing teachers for being LGBTQ or allies, and intimidating educators out of teaching facts about history that conservatives would rather keep hidden. Bridget Ziegler played a strong hand in writing Florida's "don't say gay" law. DeSantis even appointed her to the tourism board he constructed to harass Disney for daring to speak out against his anti-LGBTQ agenda.
Opps.
We can rule out sincere concerns about sexual violence as the reason the Zieglers are looking friendless this week. Republicans do not hold rape allegations, no matter how credible, against their leaders. After all, a court found Donald Trump responsible for sexually assaulting E. Jean Carroll just this year, which comports with Trump's previous bragging about how he likes to "grab them by the pussy." Yet he is still sailing to the Republican nomination. DeSantis, who is supposedly challenging Trump for the nomination, hasn't even tried to make Trump's history of sexual assault an issue. Neither he nor the voters he's speaking to give a single fig about sexual violence. If anything, rape charges just burnish one's reputation in MAGA circles, which have made a virtue out of toxic masculinity....

Ziegler has reasons to think he can survive this. The GOP is a party that has made Trump, a thrice-married chronic adulterer, the avatar of their "Christian" messaging. They don't hide any longer that their sexual rules exist mainly as an excuse to harass marginalized people, while those inside their tribe are permitted all sexual adventures they like. If the GOP establishment wanted to rally the troops to defend the Zieglers, we'd probably already be hearing on Fox News how threesomes are simply a Christ-approved way to keep your marriage healthy.
:lol:
Maybe it will still happen, but this looks like a proper political defenestration with DeSantis hitting the eject button. It's not hard to guess why: Moms for Liberty has bad mojo. The group's political agenda of banning books and bullying LGBTQ students and teachers turned out to be politically unpopular. Being publicly linked to Moms for Liberty hurt Republicans in the midterms. This was most evident in school board races, where Democrats won big in swing districts that Moms for Liberty had targeted for takeovers. But even beyond that, analyses by Sarah Jones at New York and Dave Weigel at Semafor show that the entire Moms for Liberty strategy of drumming up hysteria about "wokeness" in schools backfired on the Republican Party.

It wasn't that long ago that Moms for Liberty were the belles of the Republican ball. When Virginia's Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin won in 2021 on a campaign demonizing teachers under the guise of "parents rights," the GOP pinned their electoral hopes on the theory that they could woo swing voters by drumming up fears that LGBTQ acceptance and naughty words in books are a danger to kids. It swiftly became popular on the right to accuse all liberals, but especially those employed in education, of being "groomers," i.e. the equivalent of pedophiles.

What they didn't count on was how this outrageous and falsified moral panic would create a backlash, especially once the book banning frenzy started to affect the quality of education kids could get in school. As I reported in October, parents in suburban Pennsylvania really began to rise up when Moms for Liberty-aligned politicians started to rewrite social studies curricula away from historical facts to peddle right-wing propaganda. People don't like hearing false accusations that beloved teachers are "groomers." They especially don't like it when that's used as an excuse to deprive kids of lessons they need to get into good colleges and get good jobs in an increasingly diverse country.

Few people did more than the Zieglers to convince the larger GOP that it was a smart move to bet it all on this whole "Moms for Liberty" thing. And no one was more gung-ho about the Zieglers than DeSantis. That he's dropping them like a hot potato suggests that even he sees the writing on the wall: Moms for Liberty is a political loser — and the GOP cannot drop them fast enough.
Will Youngkin, Fascist DerSantis, etc issue mea culpas? Will RepuQs hold them accountable for their monumental and dangerous screw-ups?
:lolno: Just kidding.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I thought I had posted this but can’t find it. Please excuse if it’s already posted.

https://popular.info/p/moms-for-liberty ... s-call-the

“Two members of Moms for Liberty, a right-wing activist group, have reported several Florida school librarians to law enforcement. They claimed they had evidence that librarians were distributing "pornography" to minors and requested that law enforcement officers be dispatched. This represents a serious escalation of the tactics deployed by members of Moms for Liberty against school librarians.

On October 25, Jennifer Tapley, a member of the Santa Rosa County chapter of Moms for Liberty and a candidate for school board, contacted the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office. "I've got some evidence a crime was committed," Tapley said in an audio recording of the call obtained by Popular Information through a public records request. "Pornography given to a minor in a school. And I would like to make a report with somebody and turn over the evidence." Tapley made the call from the lobby of the main office of the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office in Milton, Florida.

She told the dispatcher that she did not want to provide her name because she was "afraid of people getting mad at me for doing this." Tapley said that she would tell the Deputy Sheriff her name, but she didn't want "any public records with her name on it because then people could look it up."‘
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:55 am
I thought I had posted this but can’t find it. Please excuse if it’s already posted.

https://popular.info/p/moms-for-liberty ... s-call-the

Here you go. I searched "Tapley":
viewtopic.php?p=191653#p191653
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vice President Harris breaks nearly 200-year-old record for Senate tiebreaker votes, casts her 32nd

... The previous recordholder was John C. Calhoun, who cast 31 tiebreaking votes during his eight years as vice president, from 1825 to 1832. Harris, a Democrat, tied Calhoun's record in July.
:clap: Thank you, Kamala.
Schumer presented Harris with a golden gavel after Tuesday's vote. Harris, who beamed as she made history from the Senate dais, said afterward she was “truly honored.” ...
In accepting the golden gavel Harris gushed, "I owe it all to DINO Joe Manchin!"
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Utah attorney general drops reelection bid amid scrutiny about his ties to a sexual assault suspect

Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes, who is facing scrutiny for his decadelong friendship with the embattled founder of an anti-child-trafficking organization, announced Friday that he will not seek reelection in 2024.

The Republican had announced in September that he would seek a fourth term. Reyes is now backtracking on that decision and has pledged to dedicate his final year in office to investigating the sex abuse claims against his longtime friend, Tim Ballard.
Their accusations are always confessions
Ballard, the now-ousted founder of nonprofit Operation Underground Railroad, has been accused of sexual assault by multiple women and is the subject of a criminal investigation. His organization rose to prominence last summer as a focal point of the film “Sound of Freedom,” which was widely praised by conservative moviegoers and included a producer credit for the attorney general.
Cons are SO gullible!
In a video announcement, Reyes said he sat down with each person who had come forward with accusations to tell them that he believed them and was heartbroken for the trauma they had endured.

“I apologized to each of them that my past friendship with Tim Ballard and past association with OUR contributed to an environment that made them feel powerless and without a voice for so many years,” he said. "I cannot give them back those voiceless years, but I intend on spending my last year in office working together with these survivors and any others who come forward so that their voices are heard."
Rare accountability these days. Kudos.
Suzette Rasmussen, an attorney representing the accusers, said her clients have accepted Reyes' apology and respect that he was “the first and only person” to accept responsibility for his role in supporting Ballard.
"only" :angry-banghead:
... Despite Reyes' recent attempts to distance himself from Ballard, a bipartisan group of more than two dozen Utah state lawmakers initiated an audit of his office last month, calling into question his administrative practices, spending and close ties to Ballard. The state is now investigating whether Reyes directed state resources to help Operation Underground Railroad or the film and whether he engaged with outside prosecutors investigating his friend’s organization.

Reyes is named as a defendant in a lawsuit against Ballard that alleges he abused his position as attorney general to try to silence a critic of the nonprofit.
Opps.
... His office has sued insulin manufacturers and pharmacy benefit managers over the high cost of the hormone needed to treat diabetes. It also sued Meta — the parent company of Facebook and Instagram — alleging the companies violated Utah consumer protection laws by designing platforms that lead to children overusing them and causing severe mental health issues.
:thumbup:
He has also stirred controversy in Utah over his strong support for former President Donald Trump.

Following the 2020 election, Reyes faced backlash from top Utah Republicans, including then-Gov. Larry Herbert, when he got involved in a Texas lawsuit that sought unsuccessfully to invalidate the results in the U.S. presidential race by challenging electoral votes in four battleground states won by Democrat Joe Biden.

He also signed on to several court documents, including an amicus brief opposing a gag order against Trump in the criminal case that alleges Trump plotted to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Reyes signed onto another brief arguing government overreach in the search for classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.
Traitorous MAGAt, figures.
State Democrats accused Reyes on Friday of using his position for political and personal gain and urged him to leave office before the end of his term.

“While his decision not to run for reelection is good news for Utahns, who deserve a competent, ethical and accountable attorney general, he should resign instead of spending the next year continuing to abuse his position of authority and failing to do the work of the people," Party Chair Diane Lewis said.
Soon or a little more than a year from now, buh-bye.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.