Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker wrote:Ted Nugent Doubles Down On Claim He Will Be "Dead Or In Jail" Because Of Gun Laws

Tick tock, Nugent, you asshole. Now, either go to jail or eat a bullet; show us your word is worth diddly-shit.

Start the countdown!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

What an effing idiot the Legislature is in general and Nathan Ramsay in specific. I can't wait for somebody to try to move their single wide into Biltmore Forest. Or Biltmore Park for that matter. Or Kenmure. Seriously, who votes for these people? Or at least more than once.

O Really
Admiral

Without regard to whether any of their ideas are good ones, doesn't it strike you as strange that the "party of limited government" is trying so hard to get tighter control over locals and individuals? Isn't it strange that apparently no one says to these guys, "dude - let's get off the trivia and do something to keep our phoney-baloney jobs another term." I remember when people said that everybody in Raleigh apparently thought the state ended in Morganton. I wish.

O Really
Admiral

O Really
Admiral

Let's increase the number of students per class! Let's cut funding for assistants! Let's shriek because public schools don't turn out all geniuses! Blame the non-existent unions! Damn, these people are idiots.
http://www.journalnow.com/news/state_re ... f6878.html

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

I think Bill Maher's an ass who goes way to far, but he gets this one dead on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vPkFhtGGI

The number one predictor of academic success is parental involvement.

O Really
Admiral

Stinger wrote:I think Bill Maher's an ass who goes way to far, but he gets this one dead on.

No doubt. But that's not under control of the school, is it?

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:
Stinger wrote:I think Bill Maher's an ass who goes way to far, but he gets this one dead on.

No, it's not under control of anyone, so the simple-minded continue to hunt for simple solutions to highly-complex problems ... with expected results. I've heard a number of talking heads talk about issues like teacher quality, but the most important variable -- student quality -- is never mentioned.

Just blame it on the teachers.

More and more research coming up to show that pre-K is too late to address the vocabulary gap. It's there by 4 and will stay there, apparently.

O Really
Admiral

Stinger wrote:
O Really wrote:

No, it's not under control of anyone, so the simple-minded continue to hunt for simple solutions to highly-complex problems ... with expected results. I've heard a number of talking heads talk about issues like teacher quality, but the most important variable -- student quality -- is never mentioned.

More and more research coming up to show that pre-K is too late to address the vocabulary gap. It's there by 4 and will stay there, apparently.
Well said, but here's my beef. Everybody with a brain cell can see the contributing factors. But nobody in charge wants to address any issue that actually matters. So if the situation is that lack of parental involvement, or lack of parental education, produces students already behind by pre-K, then the question is, what do we do about that - not what do we do about an imaginary situation where all students begin equally.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:
Stinger wrote:
O Really wrote:

Well said, but here's my beef. Everybody with a brain cell can see the contributing factors. But nobody in charge wants to address any issue that actually matters. So if the situation is that lack of parental involvement, or lack of parental education, produces students already behind by pre-K, then the question is, what do we do about that - not what do we do about an imaginary situation where all students begin equally.
If everyone with a brain cell can see that, then no one with a brain cell is working on education reform because no one is talking about it.

I don't know what the answers are, but you won't solve it by ignoring the real problem or pretending it doesn't exist or refusing to talk about it.

You won't solve it by using test scores to sanction teachers or as an excuse to privatize schools and reward the financial backers of Jeb Bush and the like who see education as a growth industry.

You won't get it by increasing the testing to 3 or 4 or 5 times what any other country does or by trying to turn education into job training for corporate drones.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

The 30 million word gap by age 3 http://www.gsa.gov/graphics/pbs/The_Ear ... _Age_3.pdf

Broader "vocabulary" of gestures tied to vocabulary gap http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/abo ... s-and-poor

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Race-storm Tory councilor forced to resign.

He should come to the states. He could be a teabagger god.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Your legislature should learn from their superiors in stupidity -- the Florida legislature.

That was before it got struck down by the courts.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Who knew Joe Stalin would show up in Colorado? :)

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Somebody just punked the CPF site with ugly dick pictures. Hilarious. :crazy:

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

You referring to those images of Solar? I think they've been there awhile.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Bungalow Bill wrote:Somebody just punked the CPF site with ugly dick pictures. Hilarious. :crazy:

I missed the ugly duck pictures, but I see all kinds of gibberish. I bet one of the chickens from here blames us.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

AndyJackson:
Apparently one of society's less capable, from the Blueballs Debate Club, is visiting.

I win.
:oII

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

He'll be quieted shortly after Taxed gets offended by his insinuation. After all, he claims to be an internet genius. If the libs could break his code his reputation is shot.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.