The Wall

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The Wall

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I am going to make a prediction......I just read a news story about how trump says he won't "cave" on his wall demands. Here's the prediction: if the shutdown last another 30 days or maybe even less, Congress will pass a resolution to open the government, McConnell will have to go along with it, it will pass both houses, trump will veto it, and the Senate will override. May be wishful thinking, but I will stick by it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:16 pm
I am going to make a prediction......I just read a news story about how trump says he won't "cave" on his wall demands. Here's the prediction: if the shutdown last another 30 days or maybe even less, Congress will pass a resolution to open the government, McConnell will have to go along with it, it will pass both houses, trump will veto it, and the Senate will override. May be wishful thinking, but I will stick by it.
There has to be a real crisis, TSA or air traffic control needs to walk out for a day or two. That's the type of thing needed to get Congress moving.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
There has to be a real crisis, TSA or air traffic control needs to walk out for a day or two. That's the type of thing needed to get Congress moving.
Well, it'll either be that or the accumulation of uproar over all the gov't workers not being paid.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

neoplacebo wrote:
You know.... beats me... cause I didn't think it would go on for this long..... Republicans apparently don't feel embarrassment or empathy.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

bannination wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:19 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
You know.... beats me... cause I didn't think it would go on for this long..... Republicans apparently don't feel embarrassment or empathy.
McConnell is not helping; he says he won't send anything to the president that he won't sign.......well, hell, Mitch, that's not your call. His job is to pass a bill. So what if it's vetoed by the dubmass in chief. Vote on the bills, if they get vetoed, your boys can override a veto. I guess he forgot. He makes me want to break things.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:55 pm
bannination wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:19 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
McConnell is not helping; he says he won't send anything to the president that he won't sign.......well, hell, Mitch, that's not your call. His job is to pass a bill. So what if it's vetoed by the dubmass in chief. Vote on the bills, if they get vetoed, your boys can override a veto. I guess he forgot. He makes me want to break things.
That's my opinion, it's not Trump's fault for the shutdown until a bill is placed in front of him. He offered to own it regardless though, which was nice of him, if only he honored any word that utters from his mouth.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Urge Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to end the shutdown, today.

You may add any salty language that you choose.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, that was only the second petition I've ever signed. I advised him that the Senate has the power to override a veto and that maybe him and his wife have been on the public payroll for way too long. Oh, and before I reminded him that the Senate can override a presidential veto I told him to "do your fucking job." I closed out with "you're welcome."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:30 pm
Well, that was only the second petition I've ever signed. I advised him that the Senate has the power to override a veto and that maybe him and his wife have been on the public payroll for way too long. Oh, and before I reminded him that the Senate can override a presidential veto I told him to "do your fucking job." I closed out with "you're welcome."
:thumbup:

Most petitions allow editing. Surely you have some choice words for your own congresspeople, too. :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:56 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

Most petitions allow editing. Surely you have some choice words for your own congresspeople, too. :twisted:
I've written to Phil Roe more than once and never hear back from him. It's like Martin Sheen said about Col Kurtz in Apocalypse Now about what Kurtz told LBJ and the joint chiefs after his visit to Vietnam......."I guess they didn't dig what he had to tell them."

I started to write Marsha Blackburn the other day and remind her that I'd seen her on video saying "a wall isn't the answer" but decided it was useless to do so. I may go ahead with it depending on how the votes go this week on shutdown shithouse.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

BUILD A WALL FUCK YOU ALL BUILD A WALL BEFORE I CRAWL BUILD A WALL OR I'LL KILL YOU ALL BUILD A WALL TO DEFLECT BITCHES ALL

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 pm

That sound you hear 👂 is POSPOTUS folding like a cheap,suit and claiming victory. Thank you Air Traffic Controllers.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:35 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:56 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

I've written to Phil Roe more than once and never hear back from him. It's like Martin Sheen said about Col Kurtz in Apocalypse Now about what Kurtz told LBJ and the joint chiefs after his visit to Vietnam......."I guess they didn't dig what he had to tell them."

I started to write Marsha Blackburn the other day and remind her that I'd seen her on video saying "a wall isn't the answer" but decided it was useless to do so. I may go ahead with it depending on how the votes go this week on shutdown shithouse.
Flash update; I tried to contact my US Senator today but she has no official contact site....just a couple of old campaign sites and other shit that appears to be designed to obscure things. I can't believe this bitch (Marsha Blackburn) would stoop so low and be so elusive. I guess she's working for Russia or someone else, too. Sigh

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:11 pm
Flash update; I tried to contact my US Senator today but she has no official contact site....just a couple of old campaign sites and other shit that appears to be designed to obscure things. I can't believe this bitch (Marsha Blackburn) would stoop so low and be so elusive. I guess she's working for Russia or someone else, too. Sigh
U.S. Senator Marsha Blackburn

That's very strange. MAYBE whoever sets up new senators' email is out because of the shutdown.

Her campaign address should work in the meantime: team@marshablackburn.com
https://www.marshablackburn.com/contact-us/
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Nah, there was an article from the Knoxville paper about how she's still not got an email site for constituents to write her. She's a treacherous bitch and should not be trusted in any matter, especially involving money. She's originally from Mississippi and I suspect secretly works for a situation that's a cross between the old Confederacy and the period from about 1870 to 1920 when folks like her could stomp with impunity on us lesser folks. I did not vote for this.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:16 pm
Nah, there was an article from the Knoxville paper about how she's still not got an email site for constituents to write her. She's a treacherous bitch and should not be trusted in any matter, especially involving money. She's originally from Mississippi and I suspect secretly works for a situation that's a cross between the old Confederacy and the period from about 1870 to 1920 when folks like her could stomp with impunity on us lesser folks. I did not vote for this.
Yeah, differing opinions on the cause and who's affected, but no mention of the shutdown.
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/201 ... 642795002/
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The petition to Democrats reads:

"The government shutdown just ended because you held the line. Keep standing strong and use your power to fight for a DHS budget that reflects progressive values and defunds Trump's hate. Block the wall, cut funding for ICE and CBP, and fight for freedom, equality and a path to citizenship for all immigrants and refugees."
Realistically, we'll be lucky if there's zero wall funding. I'll guess that there will be some increase in funding for ICE and CBP, and no comprehensive immigration reform in the near term. However, MAYBE pressure like this will keep the increase to a minimum and begin a path towards reform.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"The wall" will never be built IRL, although there may be some places where additional wall/fence is installed - not that different from what has happened for years. Even if Congress had authorized the $5.7bil and given Trump a hearty "go ahead" there could be little accomplished before the end of his term. Too much involved in land grab, too much engineering necessary, yada. But if he gets a little bit and gets to say he's building his wall, he'll brag about it for the next two years anyway. Given that he's going to lie about everything in his made-up world, that's probably worth the price of knowing that a real wall is dead.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Hell, I bet he could just say he built a wall and take some photos of "a wall" and his idiot believers would fall for it. May as well stick with the lying.