The Wall

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The Wall

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 am
A man who spent $30 million building a 3-mile wall between the US and Mexico is looking for someone to buy it

:lol: The list of his screw ups is too extensive to excerpt.
:---P
This asshole probably doesn't have one cent of his own money in this thing......he's the same asshole who got a big government contract to build a wall a few years ago. If I remember right, he and his company are from ND. At the time he got this contract I thought "hell, isn't there any company in Texas or Arizona that can do this work?" I seriously doubt he was the low bidder considering he had to come a long way to do the job.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 pm
This asshole probably doesn't have one cent of his own money in this thing......he's the same asshole who got a big government contract to build a wall a few years ago. If I remember right, he and his company are from ND. At the time he got this contract I thought "hell, isn't there any company in Texas or Arizona that can do this work?" I seriously doubt he was the low bidder considering he had to come a long way to do the job.
Idk for sure, but the article discusses govt contracts, donations AND this $30M that's supposedly his own money.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:21 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 pm
Idk for sure, but the article discusses govt contracts, donations AND this $30M that's supposedly his own money.
It's the same guy; I remember how some eyebrows were raised when the contract was awarded to an obscure ND company....his company. And if you get a government contract that's orders of magnitude greater than the supposed 30 million "he" spent, well, whose money is it really? Would he have done the same had he not gotten this contract? I doubt it.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

A follow up story on the guy who got a 2.5 billion dollar contract to build "the wall" and is whining that he spent 30 million of "his" money on it. Looks like all that money came from the government and/or donations from wingnuts and nutjobs. Steve Bannon and some other nutjob evidently reneged on their proposed contribution to it. Looks to me like this Fisher guy is about as full of shit as trump is.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/builder- ... 19986.html

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Trump border wall damaged by heavy flooding
Maybe Mexico will pay for repairs?🤣

Turns out Dolt 45 can't even build a good wall, his area of "expertise ".
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm
Trump border wall damaged by heavy flooding
Maybe Mexico will pay for repairs?🤣

Turns out Dolt 45 can't even build a good wall, his area of "expertise ".
Great minds . . .
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21&p=143378#p143378
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Blocked

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rder-wall/

"Prieto, a wildlife photographer from Guadalajara, Mexico, grabbed his camera as the speedy bird stopped in the middle of a gravel road.

The roadrunner appeared to gaze at the tall barbed-wire-covered wall that cut through the desert."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:51 pm

"Prieto, a wildlife photographer from Guadalajara, Mexico, grabbed his camera as the speedy bird stopped in the middle of a gravel road.

The roadrunner appeared to gaze at the tall barbed-wire-covered wall that cut through the desert."
Guess Cheetohead was right, we've blocked the Mexican Roadrunner rapists and murderers from entering our country much to the disappointment of the American coyote rapists and murderers.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Guess Cheetohead was right, we've blocked the Mexican Roadrunner rapists and murderers from entering our country much to the disappointment of the American coyote rapists and murderers.
:D

Mexican human rapists and murderers, and job seekers and family reuniters, not so much.
It’s Official: Trump’s ‘Impenetrable’ Border Wall Is An Expensive Failure
A new report says Trump's wall was breached thousands of times with "inexpensive power tools."

... In some cases, they replaced the areas they cut with tinted putty, essentially creating secret passages....

The incidents cited by the Post referred to cases where the wall had been cut. But it was also breached in other ways. One report last year found some smugglers were building effective ladders with about $5 worth of material. In another famous case from 2020, a stiff wind knocked over a segment.

Trump repeatedly promised to build a “big beautiful wall” across the southern border that Mexico would pay for.

Mexico did not pay for it. U.S. taxpayers did.

President Joe Biden has since suspended wall construction ...
Opps.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:03 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

:D

Mexican human rapists and murderers, and job seekers and family reuniters, not so much.
It’s Official: Trump’s ‘Impenetrable’ Border Wall Is An Expensive Failure
A new report says Trump's wall was breached thousands of times with "inexpensive power tools."

... In some cases, they replaced the areas they cut with tinted putty, essentially creating secret passages....

The incidents cited by the Post referred to cases where the wall had been cut. But it was also breached in other ways. One report last year found some smugglers were building effective ladders with about $5 worth of material. In another famous case from 2020, a stiff wind knocked over a segment.

Trump repeatedly promised to build a “big beautiful wall” across the southern border that Mexico would pay for.

Mexico did not pay for it. U.S. taxpayers did.

President Joe Biden has since suspended wall construction ...
Opps.
Still, it will play a major role in the 24 election. Watch.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yup, I'm seeing 2022 RepuQs campaigning on finishing the Wall.

Leader of campaign to fund Trump border wall to plead guilty to conspiracy, tax charges

A decorated U.S. Air Force veteran accused of defrauding donors in a fundraising campaign to help former President Donald Trump build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border has agreed to plead guilty to wire fraud conspiracy and three tax charges.

The U.S. Department of Justice revealed their plea agreement with Brian Kolfage, who led the "We Build the Wall" campaign, in a filing on Wednesday with the U.S. District Court in Manhattan....

Prosecutors said Kolfage told prospective donors he would "not take a penny" as he raised more than $25 million, yet took more than $350,000 and spent money on a boat, a luxury SUV, a golf cart, jewelry and cosmetic surgery, among other expenses.

The wire fraud conspiracy charge carries a maximum 20-year prison term. The tax charges, originally filed in Florida, include filing false tax returns and wire fraud.

A separate money laundering conspiracy charge is not part of Kolfage's plea agreement, according to Wednesday's letter.

Torres dismissed the indictment against Bannon last May, after Bannon received a presidential pardon in the final hours of Trump's presidency.

Kolfage's co-defendant Andrew Badolato is also expected to enter a guilty plea on April 21, court records show.

The final defendant, Timothy Shea, had agreed in principle to also plead guilty but changed his mind, prosecutors said last week....
Even though I approve of ripping off gullible Trumpettes and other bigots, LOCK THEM UP!
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

This wall business is ignorance on a grand scale. For the money that's already been spent, the entire border could have been observed by drones and cameras, dozens of small CBP outposts could have been erected and staff and vehicles could have been provided that would afford a likely less than ten minute response from anywhere to apprehend humans traveling on foot. This isn't hard to comprehend.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:42 pm
This wall business is ignorance on a grand scale. For the money that's already been spent, the entire border could have been observed by drones and cameras, dozens of small CBP outposts could have been erected and staff and vehicles could have been provided that would afford a likely less than ten minute response from anywhere to apprehend humans traveling on foot. This isn't hard to comprehend.
The visual of Cheetohead standing in front of a line of drones doesn't reek of photo op.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

So wrong...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:10 pm
(post: gibberish)
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
So wrong...

Oh, at first I thought you'd posted "so long" and that I'd no longer have to ask "why are you still here?" but it looks like I was wrong. Now tell how my border security policy is deficient. I've got guns, cameras, drones, people, horses, utility vehicles, and motivated agents collected from the local community and elsewhere. Please let us all know how possibly catching a fence crawler, digger, or jumper and killing him with a shovel is better than seeing the same one sneaking around trying not to get caught, thinking he's successful, and then being apprehended hours later. That's better for everybody. Except you.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:47 pm
Ulysses wrote:
So wrong...

Oh, at first I thought you'd posted "so long" and that I'd no longer have to ask "why are you still here?" but it looks like I was wrong. Now tell how my border security policy is deficient. I've got guns, cameras, drones, people, horses, utility vehicles, and motivated agents collected from the local community and elsewhere. Please let us all know how possibly catching a fence crawler, digger, or jumper and killing him with a shovel is better than seeing the same one sneaking around trying not to get caught, thinking he's successful, and then being apprehended hours later. That's better for everybody. Except you.
The cartoon drawing is wrong because it's a racist caricature of a Mexican.

It's was known as the Frito Bandito, you see, and the American company that makes Fritos used to advertise with it.

I haven't read his reply, but I would not be surprised if V2 went all medieval on me about even posting the cartoon drawing, accusing me of all sort of wrong stuff. Well, as usual, V2 would be wrong there. And frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what V2 writes, thinks, or says.

Because V2 is so wrong.

As, apparently, is you, neo.

Why are you still here?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:58 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:47 pm
Ulysses wrote:
So wrong...

It's was known as the Frito Bandito, you see, and the American company that makes Fritos used to advertise with it.

I haven't read his reply, but I would not be surprised if V2 went all medieval on me about even posting the cartoon drawing, accusing me of all sort of wrong stuff. Well, as usual, V2 would be wrong there. And frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what V2 writes, thinks, or says.

Because V2 is so wrong.

As, apparently, is you, neo.

Why are you still here?
If the cartoon is so wrong, why did you search it out and post it here? Think about it.

Mid 20th century advertising was notoriously insensitive. Didn't you know that without searching out a favorite of yours?

You don't have to worry about Vrede too ridiculing things you post; we all do it. Hell, because of you, it's become the dominant activity on here. Haven't you noticed?

Ignored

Ignored

Ignored

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:58 pm

I haven't read his reply, but I would not be surprised if (Vrede too) went all medieval on me about even posting the cartoon drawing, accusing me of all sort of wrong stuff. Well, as usual, (Vrede too) would be wrong there.
Your delusional paranoia is in overdrive today. All I posted about your racist caricature is:
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:38 pm
Ulysses wrote:
(post: gibberish)
As usual, you are wrong and I am correct. You even admit that your racist caricature has nothing to do with our discussion about the wall. You just were compelled to post a racist caricature.
And frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what (Vrede too) writes, thinks, or says.
The fact that you respond at all belies your pretense to not giving a damn. BRDunce.
Because (Vrede too) is so wrong.
I was correct about your racist caricature being gibberish. Pay attention.
As, apparently, is [sic] you, neo.
More gibberish.
Why are you still here?
Again, neoplacebo is wanted, unlike you. Why are you still here?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:08 pm
If the cartoon is so wrong, why did you search it out and post it here? Think about it.
Racist stereotyping is what Useless does:
viewtopic.php?p=153228#p153228
Mid 20th century advertising was notoriously insensitive. Didn't you know that without searching out a favorite of yours?
Useless was desperately trying to prove that he's woke, but was incapable of formulating a thought about the actual topic, the wall.
You don't have to worry about Vrede too ridiculing things you post; we all do it. Hell, because of you, it's become the dominant activity on here. Haven't you noticed?

Ignored

Ignored

Ignored
:lol:
1312. ETTD.