Animals

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Animals

Unread post by Vrede too »

Somewhere in Canada:

https://www.tiktok.com/@sydsoucy/video/ ... 3609726214

Article
... The video then shows the moose close up as he reaches his nose over the fence so his rescuer can pet his face. When someone else tries to pet him, the moose backs up and turns his antlers toward them.

“Oh, I didn’t help. I’m sorry,” that person says to the moose.
:lol: So Canadian.
... “You saved me. I shall reward you with one Disney Princess moment. No more. No less,” someone else added.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:21 am
NW New Jersey:

Wild Bears Have Unique Relationship With Woman

:o :-|| I am sooo jealous.

She had some run-ins with authority over a decade ago:

Activist found not guilty of intentionally feeding black bears in Vernon
Wow.

My first thought after wow is that is it possible she's not feeding them? There was zero mention of food in the (probably highly edited) video.

They can get ornery when looking for food.

But still amazing.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:21 am
Wow.

My first thought after wow is that is it possible she's not feeding them? There was zero mention of food in the (probably highly edited) video.

They can get ornery when looking for food.

But still amazing.
Sounds like she was feeding them over a decade ago and got away with it. I wonder if she persisted.

Rare perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpyIY7ixgI8

Cool. The last thing prey ever sees.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:03 am

Rare perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpyIY7ixgI8

Cool. The last thing prey ever sees.
Naive little kitten was barely fazed.

Beautiful hawk though.

Yesterday I was walking my dog through the local park that is full of Illinois' dumbest squirrels (my dog has caught six of them this fall, but amazingly hasn't killed any) and there were no squirrels to be found.

As we're heading through a semi wooded area this big hawk swoops down. Dog wasn't having it and gave chase :oII , the hawk stayed low and did a lap with the dog on his heels before he thought it might be time for elevation.

Much about nothing but cool to watch and I now know why there were no squirrels.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Animals -shocked I say, shocked

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Warnings you don't get from the Park rangers in Florida

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7074587?utm_so ... ricatravel
Spoiler:
'Try not to let moose lick your car,' warns Parks Canada, as more moose flock to highways

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

House-proud mouse discovered tidying British man’s shed every night (amazing video)

:shock: Maybe my life would be less of a mess if I hadn't murdered all of my house mice?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Minion doesn’t like the rain

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Minion doesn’t like the rain

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Speaking of gators,

Alligator drags 85-year-old to death in Florida retirement community’s lake. Family sues

Shame on them for trying to cash in on the gruesome tragedy.
She lived there for decades;
There were gators there for decades;
She knew about the gators;
The family knew about the gators and did nothing to prevent her death.

It's just bad luck that she was one of the very rare victims of a gator attack in Florida.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

And she was trolling for gators with that dog she was walking.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:42 am
That's my guess, and that her dog has better reflexes than she had, something else that she and her family should have known. I'd love to sit on that jury, if the judge even lets it get that far.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 am
O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:42 am
That's my guess, and that her dog has better reflexes than she had, something else that she and her family should have known. I'd love to sit on that jury, if the judge even lets it get that far.
You gotta love the headlines

Following a fox Orlando article about new penalties for paying utility bills online were the two headlines shown below.
#1 proves beyond any doubt to many fox 35 viewers that some evil force or forces “forced” this poor old woman to parade around an alligator pond with her dog and

article #2 explains how a group of roaches banded together to force the closure of a restaurant

85-year-old Florida woman killed by alligator was 'forced' to walk dog near 'dangerous' pond, attorneys say

Live roaches force Central Florida restaurant to temporarily close: inspection report

Go roaches

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I had a cat who could catch a basketball, but I’ve never seen a squirrel actually playing basketball until now.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2YuxXcL ... VvaXhqN2Uw

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:38 am
You gotta love the headlines

Following a fox Orlando article about new penalties for paying utility bills online were the two headlines shown below.
#1 proves beyond any doubt to many fox 35 viewers that some evil force or forces “forced” this poor old woman to parade around an alligator pond with her dog

1. 85-year-old Florida woman killed by alligator was 'forced' to walk dog near 'dangerous' pond, attorneys say
Saw that in the article I linked. I don't believe there was only the one option for dog walking. Plus, it would have been a hazard known to her and the family. Why no action to resolve the supposed issue over the decades?
and article #2 explains how a group of roaches banded together to force the closure of a restaurant

2. Live roaches force Central Florida restaurant to temporarily close: inspection report

Go roaches
:D :thumbup:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:44 am
I had a cat who could catch a basketball, but I’ve never seen a squirrel actually playing basketball until now.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2YuxXcLrLr/
:shock: :thumbup: DENNIS RODentMAN

Have you seen a snake and guinea pig playing 'Crack the Whip'?
12-year old swings python 'like a hammer thrower' to save pet guinea pig (video)
:lol: She smacked her poor guinea pig into the green plastic thing, TWICE. Fortunately it was empty.
https://dnyuz.com/2024/02/01/child-save ... n-the-air/
A 12-year-old Australian girl saved her pet guinea pig from the jaws of a six-foot long snake by swinging it above her head “like a hammer thrower”....

Mr Whitman then snatches the snake and hurls it across the lawn, after which it slithers away.

“To be honest, I only grabbed it because it was in Rosie’s hands. I was like, ‘if a 12 year-old, my daughter, can hold it, so can I,’” he told 9News.

“I just had to jump in. It was just instinct, to try and get rid of the danger. It was an absolutely insane moment,” he added.

“I chased after it and watched it slither away unhurt, although a little dizzy.”

... Rosie said she was not “scared” or “fazed” by the incident, adding she would do anything to protect her beloved Maxibon.

“It was pretty full on though,” she said of the ordeal.

Her “terrified but proud ” parents, however, warned their daughter against taking matters into her own hands should she have a similar encounter in the future.

“We’re so grateful you’re fine but next time, step away. We’ll buy you two more pigs,’” Mrs Whitman told the 12-year-old.
“It was pretty full on though.” :thumbup:
There you are, GoCubsGo, to conquer Australia you just have to evoke your inner 12-year-old girl.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:33 am

There you are, GoCubsGo, to conquer Australia you just have to evoke your inner 12-year-old girl.
I may not have the Right Stuff.

O Really
Admiral

Raccoons!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... age-canada

A lone Toronto raccoon was able to cut power to nearly 7,000 people in the city’s downtown core on Thursday night, highlighting the fraught coexistence between residents of Canada’s largest urban centre and the divisive “trash pandas”.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:51 pm
Raccoons!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... age-canada

A lone Toronto raccoon was able to cut power to nearly 7,000 people in the city’s downtown core on Thursday night, highlighting the fraught coexistence between residents of Canada’s largest urban centre and the divisive “trash pandas”.
Earth First operative, heh heh heh.
... A day after it plunged the city into darkness, it is also unclear if the raccoon, whose death is still unconfirmed, will be granted a candle-lit sidewalk vigil, the city’s unsanctioned process of mourning deceased critters.
Awww.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:46 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:33 am

I may not have the Right Stuff.
:D How about Amazonia? :P
New anaconda species said to be largest ever found during filming of Will Smith docuseries

Northern green anaconda on a riverbank.

A giant anaconda species thought to be the largest in the world has been captured deep in the Amazon of Ecuador by a team of scientists from The University of Queensland.

The group of scientists, led by professor Bryan Fry, uncovered the nearly 10 million-year-old species with help from the indigenous Huaorani people while filming "Pole to Pole with Will Smith," a National Geographic series streaming on Disney+ and hosted by the Oscar winner.

“The size of these magnificent creatures was incredible," Fry said in a news release. "One female anaconda we encountered measured an astounding 6.3 meters (20.8 feet) long."...

A northern green anaconda eating a deer.

“There are anecdotal reports from the Huaorani people of other anacondas in the area measuring more than 7.5 meters long (24.6 feet) and weighing around 500 kilograms (1,102 pounds)," Fry said, sharing with USA TODAY that Chief Baihua's son, Marcelo Tepeña Baihua, has scars from a snake about that size.

"The scars were clearly from a truly massive snake. They say that one wasn’t even the biggest they’ve ever seen," Fry said. "So its clear that the snakes in the Huaorani lands are indeed the biggest of all anacondas."...
Way cool, but I immediately thought of one thing. "Great" minds? Third top comment:
I came looking for references to Will Smith daring to slap one of these things and I was not disappointed.
Keep my wife's head out your mouth!
Mess with my wife and I will smith you.
:laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.