Brexidiocy

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Brexidiocy

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:13 pm
I know that we've discussed it elsewhere, most recently in 2020 Elections, but it seems like this clusterfuck will last long enough to be its own topic.
Burger King's tweet banned by the UK for encouraging 'anti-social behaviour' (with videos)

... Burger King is the latest big brand to take the heat on Twitter after the ASA (the Advertising Standards Authority) in the UK banned a May 2018 tweet from the fast food chain for being ‘irresponsible.’

The reasoning behind it?

The tweet allegedly incited reckless behavior in the form of encouraging people to throw milkshakes at politicians.

Yes, you read that correctly — Here’s the full scoop (pun-intended!)

Back in May 2019, it became a 'thing' to hurl milkshakes at politicians in the UK during the height of Brexit discussions -- Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage and activist Tommy Robinson infamously fell victim to these said 'milkshaking' attacks.

Police had encouraged (and succeeded) in having a McDonald's location in Edinburgh, Scottland ban the sale of milkshakes in an attempt to stop potential customers from buying milkshakes and hurling them at Farage who was in Edinburgh for a rally.

In true rival fashion, Burger King tongue-in-cheek subtweeted McDonald's in the since-deleted post above....

Our hearts go out to all of the milkshaking victims involved in this difficult, sticky time.
:lol: !!!

I'll be buying a Burger King milkshake in honor of direct action.
Limier than most wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:31 pm
It wasn't only milkshakes. People were throwing eggs and sometimes flour.

A serious business.

Someone could get battered.
Still around? Any thoughts on the recent battering? We never even got around to remarking on BoJo's Brexit.

British Prime Minister Liz Truss resigns after weeks of criticism and turmoil

Six weeks in office wasn't long enough for me to form an opinion. Joe says she was a good partner on Russia and Ukraine, and I strongly oppose con "trickle-down economics." Her only "accomplishment" was killing the Queen. :o
The U.K. will have 5 prime ministers in just 6 years. What's gone wrong?

... Truss is the fourth prime minister to resign since the Brexit vote of 2016. That's the fastest turnover in a century. No. 10 Downing Street has effectively become a revolving door.

What's the matter with Britain? Analysts here say it is a story of polarization, populism, a flawed political system and poor leadership that has at times put party and personal ambition above the good of the country....
Can anyone save the UK and its governance without a Brexit repeal? TV news says BoJo may return. :roll:

More milkshakes!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Meanwhile they suck eggs, all the while keeping a stiff upper lip. It's the trickle down suck eggs theory, which is remarkably similar to the lesbian dance theory.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:47 pm
Meanwhile they suck eggs, all the while keeping a stiff upper lip. It's the trickle down suck eggs theory, which is remarkably similar to the lesbian dance theory.
First I've heard of "lesbian dance theory", recently popularized by #LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb. Not sure how I've missed it. The irony of Bobo commenting on anything education related is stark.
Leave it to Lauren Boebert to make opposition to loan forgiveness homophobic.
Lesbian Dance Theory is a sick band name
CRT with a minor in LDT is what everyone should be taking.
Wow. What ugliness from a so-called “Christian.”
Ask your komrades about loan forgiveness

Anyhow:

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GB News viewers just voted on Brexit – and the results left host Martin Daubney speechless

... Even the right wing media are having to admit that the whole thing has been a flop – a challenge faced by one dumbfounded GB News presenter on Sunday morning.

The news outlet had asked viewers to vote on whether, given the chance again, they would vote “FOR or AGAINST Brexit”.

It was down to host Martin Daubney to reveal the results, which he did so, initially with smug jubilation.

That was until he actually… you know… read them, and saw they weren’t what he’d been expecting at all.

Here’s the moment he discovered that 55 per cent of voters said they’d back Remain this time round:

His face at the end deserves a place in the meme hall of fame if you ask us.
:lol:

:---P

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... +BLAH+BLAH

"Support to undo Brexit hits new heights, ahead of ‘March to Rejoin’
With large-scale, pro-EU protests set to hit London next month, UK citizens seem to have lost patience with Brexit."

If only there had been anyone to warn them of the dangers and stupidity of Brexit. :roll: :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:20 am
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... in-354483/

"Support to undo Brexit hits new heights, ahead of ‘March to Rejoin’
With large-scale, pro-EU protests set to hit London next month, UK citizens seem to have lost patience with Brexit."
... 62% of respondents now want the UK to rejoin the EU. Just 38% of those who gave definitive answers believe that keeping our current status quo is the right thing to do. There’s been a four-point swing in favour of rejoining in the last month....
Opps.
O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:20 am
If only there had been anyone to warn them of the dangers and stupidity of Brexit. :roll: :roll:

Breturn?
Bretreat?
Bregression?
Brelapse?
Breversal?
Bregrets?
Brestoration?

I think I like Brelapse or Bregrets the most. More?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I like Breturn
But "Brestoration" is a great word for what women get after a mastectomy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:51 am
I like Breturn
:D Guess I can't take credit, though.
https://breastoration.org/wp/
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:25 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:51 am
I like Breturn
:D Guess I can't take credit, though.
https://breastoration.org/wp/
What about
rebrexification
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”