Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:40 am
Ok, so I know some might bash me for this, but I find it weird that the "Miss Universe" contest now includes fat chicks "plus size" and re-manufactured transgender women as contestants.

Fine, so "beauty contests' are sexist, misogynist, exploitive demeaning relics of the past maybe, and they want to be "inclusive' whatever. So think up another competitive event. Scrap the bathing suit and catwalk, make them answer why so many people in the US can't read or whatever, but this is like letting sushi compete in a barbeque cook-off. Sushi is great, but it isn't barbeque. Not even if you pour barbeque sauce over it. Not even if you try to make it smoked.

https://www.boredpanda.com/miss-univers ... ositivity/
Technically, sushi does not have to be seafood and does not have to be raw. Hence:
Pulled Pork BBQ Sushi Rolls
Slapilicious BBQ Pulled Pork Sushi Roll
Bros Korean BBQ, Sushi & Shabu Shabu
BBQ Sushi Roll by Pit Buddies BBQ

Does this mean that you're okay with "plus size" and transgender beauty contests? It's just sushi :P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:59 am
O Really wrote:
Ok, so I know some might bash me for this, but I find it weird that the "Miss Universe" contest now includes fat chicks "plus size" and re-manufactured transgender women as contestants.

Fine, so "beauty contests' are sexist, misogynist, exploitive demeaning relics of the past maybe, and they want to be "inclusive' whatever. So think up another competitive event. Scrap the bathing suit and catwalk, make them answer why so many people in the US can't read or whatever, but this is like letting sushi compete in a barbeque cook-off. Sushi is great, but it isn't barbeque. Not even if you pour barbeque sauce over it. Not even if you try to make it smoked.

Technically, sushi does not have to be seafood and does not have to be raw. Hence:

Does this mean that you're okay with "plus size" and transgender beauty contests? It's just sushi :P
Now I'm hungry.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

So we can't believe our own lying eyes on a simple photo anymore.

<sigh>
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:

Ofer Pete's sake. How many times have I thought up some shit thinking it's ridiculous only to find that some fool's actually doing it? For the record, however, I never objected to transgender or ummm "curvy" beauty contests. I objected to including them in the "regular" pageants. And while they're at it, I guess they can let the creatively built rat rods in at the Concours d’Elegance. https://pebblebeachconcours.net/ Damn, I can't believe I checked to make sure they really didn't let them in.

Yep, fit right in there.

O Really
Admiral

New Pizzagate! No, this time it isn't Hillary eating babies in the basement. It's far worse and has caused massive deaths all across the country.
Spoiler:
Frozen pizza crust may contain wheat!! Holy shit, how can that be? https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/nutrit ... b1e11&ei=8
Spoiler:
Nobody died. Nobody has been reported ill or harmed in any way

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:30 pm
New Pizzagate! No, this time it isn't Hillary eating babies in the basement. It's far worse and has caused massive deaths all across the country.
Spoiler:
Frozen pizza crust may contain wheat!! Holy shit, how can that be? https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/nutrit ... b1e11&ei=8
Spoiler:
Nobody died. Nobody has been reported ill or harmed in any way
I’m having a bit of a hard time with this. Yeah, dough does contain wheat and apple contain apple. Does this mean that trump was right when he warned us that water was wet?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nope, not even with pics that have not been Photoshopped or intentionally manipulated by the photographer :angry-banghead:

Man who received Waffle House tattoo arrested after allegedly refusing to pay for it

I was thinking that he somehow got his tattoo in a Waffle House or from an employee. I couldn't imagine:

:crazy: I can only hope that it's Photoshopped. Aha:
... According to the affidavit, Krejckant appeared to be intoxicated when deputies arrived at the tattoo parlor....
I'm shocked.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:57 am
Ofer Pete's sake. How many times have I thought up some shit thinking it's ridiculous only to find that some fool's actually doing it? For the record, however, I never objected to transgender or ummm "curvy" beauty contests. I objected to including them in the "regular" pageants. And while they're at it, I guess they can let the creatively built rat rods in at the Concours d’Elegance. https://pebblebeachconcours.net/ Damn, I can't believe I checked to make sure they really didn't let them in.

Yep, fit right in there.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/jD97Q ... e3a4c0fa1e
:D

More beauty contest wokeism to enrage O Really:
a victory for 'diversity'
Spoiler:

Ewww.
... there is no longer an age limit for ("Miss" France) participants, who can now also be married or transgender.
Okay, but idk if the pageant will ever recover from this "androgynous" short hair scandal.
:P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

She's beautiful, and is certainly eligible for "my" pageant. Choosing a sort hair style, though, is knowingly taking a risk that may or may not pay off. You stand out from the crowd, but you never know if the judges will find that in a good way or a bad way. Contestants could choose to wear less (or no) makeup, but their best chance to win is to encompass the qualities and appearance that have won before. People like innovation, creativity, change, new new, yada, - except in things with lots of tradition. Put Santa in a black suit and see what reaction you get.

Edit: as I think about it, didn't Asheville have a black-suit Santa in the parade one year? How'd that work out?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:31 am
She's beautiful, and is certainly eligible for "my" pageant. Choosing a sort hair style, though, is knowingly taking a risk that may or may not pay off. You stand out from the crowd, but you never know if the judges will find that in a good way or a bad way. Contestants could choose to wear less (or no) makeup, but their best chance to win is to encompass the qualities and appearance that have won before. People like innovation, creativity, change, new new, yada, - except in things with lots of tradition. Put Santa in a black suit and see what reaction you get.

https://www.santacostumecenter.com/imag ... t(387).jpg

Edit: as I think about it, didn't Asheville have a black-suit Santa in the parade one year? How'd that work out?
-0-?

Otoh:

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/18/10653459 ... esentation
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

SD boat parade had a Black Santa this year.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/commu ... e93da5928f

Begs an interesting question, though. What if Santa had been a real person, and he looked like actual people who live near the North Pole.

Would it be necessary to adjust his appearance to look more like "me"?
Spoiler:
Of course - just ask this middle-eastern jewish person

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:31 am

https://www.santacostumecenter.com/imag ... t(387).jpg

Idk, but the foofaraw likely didn't match that over the self-professed "diversity" of a White, skinny, pretty French woman with the time and resources to be a pageant contestant.

The pageant world is for some reason enraged by the new Miss France's... pixie haircut?

Anti-"woke" whiners, Miss Universe officials, French politicians and European Parliamentarians are all involved :roll:

France's Eve Gilles "will compete at the next Miss Universe in September 2024."

Meanwhile, in the real world of diversity this year's Miss Universe top 20 firsts included:
A trans woman
A plus-sized contestant
The first Miss Pakistan to compete
A married woman and mother
:clap:

Then, this year's Miss Universe, Nicaragua's Sheynnis Palacios, turns out to have a history of being an anti-government protestor :-|| France really needs to get a grip.

Ftr, my mother had short hair her entire life. Not really voluntarily but because her hair was so fine, as is mine. I think this controversy is hilarious.

Fwiw, I think the black-suit Santa looks cool. He can say it hides the chimney soot.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Record wedding dates in Las Vegas:
07/07/07 - 4,492
11/11/11 - 3,125

4 days from now, 12/31/12 (123 123), cool. New record?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/12-31-23-las ... 35968.html
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Dystopian:

I hope this is fake.

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:17 pm
Dystopian:

I hope this is fake.

:lol:

My money is on real.

You'd think more of the replicants would record in landscape mode though. :shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:17 pm
Dystopian:

I hope this is fake.

https://twitter.com/lukewearechange/sta ... 6814596146
:o :puke-left: At worst it exaggerates the reality for many attendees. Going back decades before there were smart phones I've usually chosen to immerse myself in events rather than obsess over documenting them. This means that I have fewer personal mementos, but this is often made up for by postcards that are superior to any pics I would have taken and these days one can go to YouTube, Instagram and X for videos of public happenings one witnesses. Why would I need my own?
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I'll sometimes snap a few pics if I'm at some event I wanna have a memory of. I might snap one or two of a band I really dig and of me and friends but that's about it. Then I'll put my phone away.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Once upon a time we ALL held up our cigarette lighters.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

And when the band are assholes one can hold up their middle finger.

Cough Megadeth cough cough