Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Mr.B »

Photograph Captures Huge Wave That Looks Eerily Like A Face

Photographer Simon Emmett captured this stunning shot earlier this week while snapping pictures near the harbor in the coastal town of Lyme Regis, England.

According to the Daily Mail, towering waves had been pounding Britain's shores the day Emmett took the haunting photo, as a devastating storm lashed the island nation.

Emmett's awesome picture, which has gone viral, has stirred the world's imagination this week.

"Face of hell storm," the U.K.'s Daily Star wrote in a caption emblazoned over the epic shot on its front page Thursday.

On his Facebook page, Emmett wrote that he hadn't even noticed that he had captured the oceanic face until he "looked back through the shots [he] took."

"It's a strange feeling when you upload a photo and it goes global," he wrote in another Facebook comment, adding that the all the hubbub about the spooky snap has "totally blown [him] away."

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

homerfobe wrote:
Crock Hunter wrote:
homerfobe wrote:So if a queer goes to church, is he/she a real Christian or a real faggot/twat twinkie?
Neither... your pastor just calls you a dick...
What would the pastor call a twat twinkie? a false witness? a quickie dickie?
He might call it a burning bush, depending on what sort of mood he was in. And how did I go from near admiral to midshipman anyway?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boy howdy! Did you get busted or what?!? Maybe you ain't 'admirable' any more?

Not that I'm all that impressed or overwhelmed, my Lt. Colonel ranking outranks Vrede's captain....and, hell's bells...look at Homer.....he's a GENERAL!

Methinks the web forums originators ain't too versed on order of ranks; Navy ranks are mixed with other branch ranks.....either that or you start at the top and work your way down....and I ain't touching that one!

(oh yeah...there's no rank showing for a "Midshipman" or JTA's "Squadron Leader" :cry: )

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Looks like NASA got caught moving the face on Mars. Quick, someone call Alex Jones!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"And, banni never said he was limited to US ranks. 'Squadron leader'"
You nailed it.....this means that Banni's a 'Yi-ank'.....a royal pain in the brass.... :lol:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

It was the herd shot round the world.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote:
rstrong wrote:It was the herd shot round the world.
:D

The airlines have been practicing by treating people like cattle for years.
True story: flying out of Asheville to a stopover in Charlotte. Asheville plane was a half-hour late leaving because of some issue in Charlotte. At Charlotte, the plane sat on the tarmac for another half hour before parking. My seatmate was frantic over her connection. She got out of the plane, trying to retrieve her bag that they hadn't let her take to overhead (even though it would have fit), while the baggage handlers were leisurely unloading as if nobody had told them the plane was an hour late. She ran up to the gate attendant and begged them to call her departure gate and the guy says...wait for it... "we don't do that - you should have taken an earlier flight" Idiots.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
Vrede wrote:
rstrong wrote:It was the herd shot round the world.
:D

The airlines have been practicing by treating people like cattle for years.
True story: flying out of Asheville to a stopover in Charlotte. Asheville plane was a half-hour late leaving because of some issue in Charlotte. At Charlotte, the plane sat on the tarmac for another half hour before parking. My seatmate was frantic over her connection. She got out of the plane, trying to retrieve her bag that they hadn't let her take to overhead (even though it would have fit), while the baggage handlers were leisurely unloading as if nobody had told them the plane was an hour late. She ran up to the gate attendant and begged them to call her departure gate and the guy says...wait for it... "we don't do that - you should have taken an earlier flight" Idiots.
I flew out of charlotte last saturday. the backpack I used to pack all my stuff is the same one I use for fishings and range trips. Im going through security and notice the conveyor belt is stopped. I look up and lo ans behold its my bag! I left my good pair of pliers in it, stashed way at the bottom. TSA lady has to rip my bag apart and has trouble finding them. My wife said I acted shady as hell the whole time trying to help the lady find them, like I was trying to hide something, so she tells me to shut up. 30 min later they let me through. fun times man glad I didnt leave any bullets in my bag from the range...
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'm on the TSA pre-check program. Makes all the difference in the world going through security.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:I'm on the TSA pre-check program. Makes all the difference in the world going through security.
I saw signs for that. I didnt know it was a thing, might have to look into that.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:
I suppose you're going to blame cons for this too...?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Just my luck. That looks a lot like where my diamond mine is. :shock:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"I don't have to suppose that you've become so obsessed that any post is reason to whine at me, no matter how stupid the whine.
Fwiw, I blame libs for plenty here, too, as you know. That's why I'm not one. Why are you so dishonest?"
I was joking......see what a whiner you are?

What am I being dishonest about? I just asked you a simple question.....paranoid much?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: ".....you know I don't just blame cons for things."
NO!
Just most of "things".

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:The sight of the former president's face next to the slogan "Big Things Happen Here," plus the placement of the metal door handle in the middle of his forehead, has been deemed offensive
Yeah, definitely stupid, and the more you think about it, offensive. Whoever came up with this will soon be running that company.....it's Texas.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:
Man standing at hole looking down....."wow...did you see that? There's two people down there."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I was reading something on Wikipedia and found this offensive:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

That's probably the best illustration of something offensive I've ever seen. And notice in the bottom middle third of the photo Andy Jackson telling his buddy "I won't go. I won't go."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

but then I remembered this
napalm girl.jpg
napalm girl.jpg (11.87 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”