Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I saw that one day late last week and thought it was rather funny. Then I decided that the Swedes are just being cautious; since ice (and water) have two very volatile elements in their makeup (oxygen and hydrogen). I wonder if their fire trucks are Volvos?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Just read a story about the Manta Resort off the coast of Tanzania; it's an underwater hotel. And guess what? The Swedes are behind it. Looks like another fire alarm system will be needed.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:
SC woman charged with stabbing husband with a ceramic squirrel

...According to the police report, Williams' 41-year-old husband set out to buy some beer late Tuesday night, but he returned home empty-handed because the stores were closed.

That enraged Williams, according to the report, and as her husband set about making himself a sandwich, she picked up the ceramic squirrel and conked him over the head with it. Then she stabbed him in the chest with it, the report said...
It's always morale boosting to have SC as a neighbor.
SC represent
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "It's always morale boosting to have SC as a neighbor."
I dunno.....NC ain't nothing to brag about....

Dorian Lee Harper and his wife, Wanda Sue Larson, were arrested on Friday after deputies found their 11-year-old foster child handcuffed to the
porch with a dead chicken hanging from his neck.

Police arrived at the home of Harper and Larson, who works for the Department of Social Services — which regulates the state’s foster care program —
in Union County, North Carolina, after an animal control deputy found the boy on porch while searching for a loose pig.

LINK

(I hope Ommy's wife didn't hurt him too badly)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "If I was like Mr.B I'd be posting that the ER RN husband is not a "real" healthcare worker."
Are you kin to Ombudsman? You two think alike.

There's a bit of difference in what is in your heart and what is your job capabilities.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Mr.B wrote:Image
I'm kinda surprised a guy as clueless as you gets the humor in that. Then again, maybe you don't or you would have posted it in the just for fun thread.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Ombudsman wrote: "I'm kinda surprised a guy as clueless as you gets the humor in that."
I'm kinda surprised a guy as clueless as you even understood the message of the picture.

"Then again, maybe you don't or you would have posted it in the just for fun thread."
"Just for Fun"........"Can't make this (stuff) up"....not too dis-similar as afar as the photo is concerned.
I'm not surprised a guy as clueless as you couldn't pick up on that.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

So you need me to explain it to you?
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Saving lives and easing suffering is what is in my heart and, unlike you, I'm secure enough in it that I can accept that some healthcare workers are creeps without conveniently claiming they are not "real" healthcare workers."
My, my, my....do I detect some anger and irritation? I never claimed anyone was not a "real health-care worker".....those were your choice of words.

In case this went over your head, I meant the spiritualism in one's heart, but you knew exactly what I meant...
you're playing "Ombudsman the Troll" again....Yep, you're kin.

Let's look at this scenario in a different perspective. Let's say those two ding-bats, regardless of their working profession, put a dead chicken around that child's neck because it was their "Christian" belief they were doing the right thing. Does that make them "real Christians" in regards to Biblical teachings?
Vrede wrote: "That said, pissin' and moanin' about which thread you chose is pretty pedantic, you do way dumber stuff than that." :oops:
Thank you for clearing that up. Most of the dumb stuff I do is replying to yours and Ommy's silly bantering about Christianity.

I was well aware of the goofiness of the picture...I just thought it was funny and wanted to share a laugh.
Can't do that here...the trolls brit a shick over the least little thing.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

This makes me want to reach for my ceramic squirrel but instead I went to get a beer....from the refrigerator.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Let's be honest here; if those people weren't in there handling snakes and drinking poison while that kid was out there with the chicken, they were not true Christians. I feel this will be their defense in court.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Yes, "real Christians" have done far worse to kids."
"Real Christians" don't do that to kids. A "Real Christian" is one who lives a Christian life; not someone who calls themselves a Christian.
I said this before.....I can call myself anything I please, whether it be professional or religious. Being able to fulfill that role is a different story.
Vrede wrote: "You didn't understand the sentence of mine you quoted, did you?"
Yes, I did.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

neoplacebo wrote: "Let's be honest here; if those people weren't in there handling snakes and drinking poison while that kid was out there with the chicken, they were not true Christians. I feel this will be their defense in court."
:lol: :lol:

They're taking their lives in their own hands.....they're not committing atrocities against others in the name of the Lord.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

How do you know? I happen to be their attorney.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't think Catholics usually play with snakes, but maybe they're ignoring something. For those who are literalists, the quote is the quote... "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mark 16:17-18)
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19)"

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

So if a queer goes to church, is he/she a real Christian or a real faggot/twat twinkie?
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

homerfobe wrote: "So if......goes to church, is he/she a real Christian or.......?"
Best reply to that question would be another quote:
Vrede wrote:homerfobe, you prove you're an idiot, again.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

homerfobe wrote:So if a queer goes to church, is he/she a real Christian or a real faggot/twat twinkie?
Neither... your pastor just calls you a dick...
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Crock Hunter wrote:
homerfobe wrote:So if a queer goes to church, is he/she a real Christian or a real faggot/twat twinkie?
Neither... your pastor just calls you a dick...
What would the pastor call a twat twinkie? a false witness? a quickie dickie?
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!