The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The Piper wrote:
bannination wrote:
What stupidity and callousness.

agreed

the stupid part would be your sadness that creationism not be taught in schools

and the callousness would be your judgment of others
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

One person's holy spirit is another person's epileptic seizure.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Bungalow Bill wrote:One person's holy spirit is another person's epileptic seizure.

your insight is on target
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

The Piper wrote:
bannination wrote:
What stupidity and callousness.

No kidding, some religious folk go full retard!

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Thanks, Most Interesting Man in the World. ;)

Jesus, still giving folks orgasms 2,000 years later. What a guy.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Bungalow Bill wrote:Thanks, Most Interesting Man in the World. ;)

Jesus, still giving folks orgasms 2,000 years later. What a guy.
Gives an entirely new meaning to the term... "Second coming.. " 8-)
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Bungalow Bill wrote: Jesus, still giving folks orgasms 2,000 years later. What a guy.
That what produces illiterate retards who call themselves liberal thinkers.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:
homerfobe wrote:That what produces illiterate retards who call themselves liberal thinkers.
People that are calling other people "illiterate retards" should probably avoid misspelling "That's".
Indeed, Vrede, even as a Christian, I am, indeed, a "liberal thinker."

I cannot understand Christians who are not "liberal." As oft opined ... WWJD?

Banni

Unread post by Banni »

homerfobe wrote:
Bungalow Bill wrote: Jesus, still giving folks orgasms 2,000 years later. What a guy.
That what produces illiterate retards who call themselves liberal thinkers.
I think he just said that Mary produced a retarded liberal Jesus. Or perhaps Mary didn't orgasm? I dunno.

From the writings true or not, it'd be impossible not to label Jesus as a liberal. I'd never though of him as retarded though.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Not every orgasm results in a pregnancy. :wave:

There's no fobe like a homerfobe. :crazy:

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Bungalow Bill wrote:Not every orgasm results in a pregnancy. :wave:
True, Bill.
If it weren't for my Catholicism and my attempt(s) at celibacy before marriage, I'd have a lot more kids ... maybe ... Image

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

mike wrote:
Bungalow Bill wrote:Not every orgasm results in a pregnancy. :wave:
True, Bill.
If it weren't for my Catholicism and my attempt(s) at celibacy before marriage, I'd have a lot more kids ... maybe ... Image
Hand jobs are a bitch, ain't they. I suppose it beats celibacy all to hell.

bannination
Captain

:mrgreen:

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

In all fairness to God, Banni, those other "gods" weren't the "Lord God" and deserved testing as they were but mere idols (yeah, I know, that opens up an entirely new discussion).

Also, once again to be fair, just as I don't tempt fate, I don't test my God ... I just keep plowing forward. :)

All others are free to test whatever god they choose or don't choose. OK?

The Piper
Red Shirt

Unread post by The Piper »

mike wrote:In all fairness to God, Banni, those other "gods" weren't the "Lord God" and deserved testing as they were but mere idols (yeah, I know, that opens up an entirely new discussion).

Also, once again to be fair, just as I don't tempt fate, I don't test my God ... I just keep plowing forward. :)

If you're going to run with mad dogs, expect to get bitten. :twisted:

You may be a Christian with liberal thinking, and agreeing with their comments, but in
reality, they're inwardly ridiculing you for your beliefs. I'm surprised you can't see their patronizing.

Banni

Unread post by Banni »

The Piper wrote:
mike wrote:In all fairness to God, Banni, those other "gods" weren't the "Lord God" and deserved testing as they were but mere idols (yeah, I know, that opens up an entirely new discussion).

If you're going to run with mad dogs, expect to get bitten. :twisted:

You may be a Christian with liberal thinking, and agreeing with their comments, but in
reality, they're inwardly ridiculing you for your beliefs. I'm surprised you can't see their patronizing.
Whatever Piper, I consider mike a good online friend. People *can* disagree about things and still be perfectly civil. There nothing I would "inwardly ridicule" mike about that I wouldn't say here. Mike has never lead me to believe he would force his beliefs on anyone else, for that I respect him.

Lighten up, you'll live longer.

homerfobe
Ensign

Banni wrote:There's nothing I would "inwardly ridicule" mike about that I wouldn't say here.
As you've well proved. Why would Mike be an exception to any other Christian you've ridiculed here?

Mike has never lead me to believe he would force his beliefs on anyone else, for that I respect him.
True, Mike has never forced his beliefs on anyone else, but you, in your hate posts, make no bones about forcing
your unbeliefs and ridicule on everyone who profess a religion.

bannination
Captain

homerfobe wrote:
Banni wrote:There's nothing I would "inwardly ridicule" mike about that I wouldn't say here.
As you've well proved. Why would Mike be an exception to any other Christian you've ridiculed here?

Mike has never lead me to believe he would force his beliefs on anyone else, for that I respect him.
True, Mike has never forced his beliefs on anyone else, but you, in your hate posts, make no bones about forcing
your unbeliefs and ridicule on everyone who profess a religion.
So what tenant of my "unbelief" sect am I forcing on you? Yep, retreat into your illogical world.

People ridicule other people all the time, not just for religion.... image a 16 year old still believing in Santa Clause.... yup... he's gonna get ridiculed.

I jest at Mike. I think he's one of those few good Christians. You on the other hand are deserving of any ridicule you get. :twisted:

homerfobe
Ensign

bannination wrote:I jest at Mike. I think he's one of those few good Christians. You on the other hand are deserving of any ridicule you get. :twisted:
You lie. In your book there's no such thing as a good Christian, as evidenced by your many past posts.

Just because Mike wants to be 'one of the boys', it appears he's put his "good Christian" in the back seat. I, OTOH have never claimed to be a Christian so that gives me more insight on others actions. People tend to notice "Christians" more than non-Christians. I expect the ridicule towards me and really could care less.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

homerfobe wrote:
bannination wrote:I jest at Mike. I think he's one of those few good Christians. You on the other hand are deserving of any ridicule you get. :twisted:
You lie. In your book there's no such thing as a good Christian, as evidenced by your many past posts.

Just because Mike wants to be 'one of the boys', it appears he's put his "good Christian" in the back seat. I, OTOH have never claimed to be a Christian so that gives me more insight on others actions. People tend to notice "Christians" more than non-Christians. I expect the ridicule towards me and really could care less.
you just don't get it, do ya?

the ridicule is directed toward you so-called little c christians who refuse to accept or practice basic Christian values about almost everything.

you and mr b ridicule Christ with your hate filled warped sense of christianity