The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:15 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:29 pm
I won't say what Protestant denomination I was raised in, in order to avoid the expected trashing from the BRD peanut gallery, but IMHO it was relatively refined compared to the primitive rituals of other churches.

The sermon I remember the most revolved around doing and saying good and kind things. Something we all could probably benefit from.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV
You won't name it not in an effort to "avoid the expected trashing...." but in an effort to save that denomination the shame and degradation such a referral from you would cause them. Hell, they'd likely be able to sue you for all your stock, most of the cars, eight cats, and the largest koi on the place. I'd not say anything either if I were you.
:lol: They may even seize his collection of bird, imprisoned cat, pondless koi, skunk and baby raccoon and carcasses.
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:50 pm
( :crybaby: )
Opps, neoplacebo wound you up, again. You are so easy, Thinskin Useless!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:15 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:29 pm
I won't say what Protestant denomination I was raised in, in order to avoid the expected trashing from the BRD peanut gallery, but IMHO it was relatively refined compared to the primitive rituals of other churches.

The sermon I remember the most revolved around doing and saying good and kind things. Something we all could probably benefit from.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV
You won't name it not in an effort to "avoid the expected trashing...." but in an effort to save that denomination the shame and degradation such a referral from you would cause them. Hell, they'd likely be able to sue you for all your stock, most of the cars, eight cats, and the largest koi on the place. I'd not say anything either if I were you.
No, I won't name it because crazies like you, Neoplacebo, would try to use it to demonize the church and me. I'm tired of your oh so stupid games, boy.
I don't need to know your particular stripe of religion, or anyone else's, to demonize it. And I bet that "...tired of your oh so stupid games, boy" is the same thing you said to that guy who kicked your ass right before he kicked your ass. See how that works?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
No, I won't name it because crazies like you, Neoplacebo, would try to use it to demonize the church and me. I'm tired of your oh so stupid games, boy.
:violin: Tough. Deal with it, whiner.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:30 am
I don't need to know your particular stripe of religion, or anyone else's, to demonize it.
:thumbup:
neoplacebo wrote:
And I bet that "...tired of your oh so stupid games, boy" is the same thing you said to that guy who kicked your ass right before he kicked your ass. See how that works?
:lol: Wrong words for the wrong neighbor. Opps.

It's also what racist Useless frequently says to Black men.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
I don't need to know your particular stripe of religion, or anyone else's, to demonize it. And I bet that "...tired of your oh so stupid games, boy" is the same thing you said to that guy who kicked your ass right before he kicked your ass. See how that works?
''
As usual you are so full of shit it's coming out of your ears.

I'm sorry, are you threatening me?

Seems like you are. How would you like a time-out?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I'd like a second opinion.

No, if I were threatening you, you'd know it.

Things aren't always what they seem. Hell, these days they're never what they seem.

Are you still here?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:21 pm
I'd like a second opinion....
I've always marveled at how clean your ears are.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:24 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
I'd like a second opinion....
I've always marveled at how clean your ears are.
Thanks. I learned it from observing people from CT crawling down the road toward who knows what. The stuff dropping off their bodies as well as from every orifice thereon taught me a lesson about grooming. Hell, we had to wash the fucking street after those goons went by.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:

Things aren't always what they seem. Hell, these days they're never what they seem.

Are you still here?
Overall I find you mildly amusing. Some of what you say, not so much. And you certainly implied a threat, no matter how much you and (presumably Vrede) try to cover it up.

However, I will be magnanimous in my victory, bearing in mind that you have no idea what I look like or my address, so I cannot say I'm really in any fear of you showing up at my door one night with your hominy grits.

In other words, you're kind of a joke. But a nice one, not an evil OCD dictatorial one like he who has already been named.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:41 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

Are you still here?
Overall I find you mildly amusing. Some of what you say, not so much. And you certainly implied a threat, no matter how much you and (presumably Vrede) try to cover it up.

However, I will be magnanimous in my victory, bearing in mind that you have no idea what I look like or my address, so I cannot say I'm really in any fear of you showing up at my door one night with your hominy grits.

In other words, you're kind of a joke. But a nice one, not an evil OCD dictatorial one like he who has already been named.
Overall, I feel the same about you. I think I'm funny as hell; especially when I'm high on drugs. I don't know why you think I threatened you, but then again, both of us would know if I did. So I suspect you're suffering comprehension failure yet again.

No, you'll be delusional in your "victory." And I've got a good idea what you look like. Hell, I was looking through the window just last night but had to leave because I saw it was useless hanging around.

In other words, why are you still here?

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:53 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:41 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

Are you still here?

Overall, I feel the same about you. I think I'm funny as hell; especially when I'm high on drugs. I don't know why you think I threatened you, but then again, both of us would know if I did. So I suspect you're suffering comprehension failure yet again.

No, you'll be delusional in your "victory." And I've got a good idea what you look like. Hell, I was looking through the window just last night but had to leave because I saw it was useless hanging around.

In other words, why are you still here?
LOL, if anything is useless it's you, Neo, because you just admitted you wasted a shitload of time and money travelling some 2500 miles (estimated) to stalk me. I'm not worried, because you're also a known fibber. So there is that.

Have a nice life.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Hilarious. At 2500mph it only takes me about 53 minutes to get to your place. I've done it five times in one day once but the glare from the sun was uphill both ways. I don't do that anymore.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:03 pm
Hilarious. At 2500mph it only takes me about 53 minutes to get to your place. I've done it five times in one day once but the glare from the sun was uphill both ways. I don't do that anymore.
Sure you do.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Evangelical Leader’s Wife Made Sex Tapes With Pool Boy

The wife of evangelical Christian leader Jerry Falwell Jr. is opening up for the first time about her relationship with a pool boy, and admits that they made sex tapes together. Falwell Jr. resigned in disgrace as president of Liberty University in 2020 following a series of embarrassing scandals including reports of an extramarital affair involving him and his wife. Now, Becki Falwell is admitting to a long sexual relationship with Giancarlo Granda starting in 2012, when he was 20 years old.
:o
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'm shocked! Shocked, I say.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I want to see Falwell crawling under a couch and crying like Bakker did. Plus, I want to see that redhead in the short shorts he posed with at a boat party in a sex film with animals draped in crucifixes.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Most Sinful States in the U.S. (nttawwt)

1 Nevada
2 California

4 Florida

6 Tennessee

9 South Carolina
10 Illinois
11 Washington
12 New Jersey

17 North Carolina

20 Maryland

26 Alabama

36 Montana

50 Idaho
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Nice to be in the top ten!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Colorado is down at #21 - not that much "sin" but no angels either. I found it interesting in "The Stand" that Denver was home of the good guys and the evil devilish one was in Vegas.

I might quibble over there factors considered "sin" though.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:51 pm
Colorado is down at #21 - not that much "sin" but no angels either. I found it interesting in "The Stand" that Denver was home of the good guys and the evil devilish one was in Vegas.

I might quibble over there factors considered "sin" though.
You would, given your strong connection to 5 of the 20 "Most Sinful" states, 6 if we count #7 Pennsylvania. Repent! :P

Nowadays, the home of the evil devilish one is Palm Beach, Florida. Where is the home of the good guys? IMO, DC or Greenville, Delaware are too easy and not fully proven. Kyiv, Ukraine?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

How did they measure evil. Smoking tobacco, smoking pot, drinking too much, drinking moderately, idk, way to many variables for a list.
Kinda like those lists that prove liberals don't give as much to charities as the cons - then you find out that they counted as donations to charity the billions the cons gave churches to build their extravagant buildings and homes and fly around in their jet airplanes.
It's bs
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”