The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:
Vrede wrote:The phrase was, "Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama," so I'll go with either wingnutty or mocking cons and am leaning towards the latter.
Let's not ignore the possibility that Jamie Foxx really really sincerely believes that Obama is Jesus returned and is sincere in his worship and use of "Lord and Savior." Right. On second thought, let's do ignore that.

where is super sale to tell us what we meant when we said what we said we meant to say
Haarunph....there's lots of sales going on lately. Plus I guess there's lots of more reasons to hate America and why it's not what a good sale should be, but until then, I guess we'll wait.

bannination
Captain

Demon Sex Makes you gay.

Unread post by bannination »

http://www.alternet.org/christian-group ... es-you-gay
The reigning scientific consensus on sexual orientation is that it's an inherited, biological trait, but that's just because scientists don't know how to party. A far sexier explanation has been offered up by Christian magazine Charisma, which conducted its own investigation into the origins of homosexuality to reveal the real culprit: sex with demons.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

A link below Banni's demon link:

T'was Eve et the apple

Another guy terrified of being emasculated.
That men lead the movement is key according to Driscoll, who ties myriad modern spiritual and societal problems back to the failure of female leadership. Driscoll traces his theory all the way to Genesis—in a 2004 sermon, he said Eve’s eating of the fruit of knowledge was “the first exercising of a woman’s role in leadership in the home and in the church in the history of the world. It does not go well. It has not gone well since.” What’s more, Driscoll describes Satan’s encouragement of Eve as “the first invitation to an independent feminism...the first postmodern hermeneutic.” For Driscoll, then, feminism and postmodernism are not only demonic, they are inherently linked; two revelations in the bite that led to the fall of man.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

rstrong wrote:
Wneglia wrote:Our Lord and Savior
Only for Republicans. They're the ones who take endless claims of what Obama has said or done or intends to do, entirely on faith.
Bob Thomas> bigkahuna9•a day ago−
"You're looking at it the wrong way. He is the lord & savior because he has made us all equally miserable.
He has leveled the playing field."
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede wrote:They don't call it HERmeneutics for nuttin', sistah, "neut" them men.
I had to look that one up. As I imagined, the root is Hermes, messenger of the gods. The wackado of Mars Hill seems to think he is all the messenger needed.
Good eye.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

bannination
Captain

Biblical Economics

http://consortiumnews.com/2012/11/27/bi ... economics/
An irony of modern politics is that many conservative Americans view themselves as devout believers in the Bible yet they ascribe to right-wing, dog-eat-dog economic theories that Jesus and other Biblical figures would condemn. The contradiction has pushed Biblical economics out of mainstream debate, says Rev. Howard Bess.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Can you substitute a frog's heart for a toad's heart?
Well yes, but only during a full moon.

O'Donnell's kind of cute...for a witch.

bannination
Captain

Texas student thinks her school ID is the “Mark of the Beast

Texas student thinks her school ID is the “Mark of the Beast”

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012 ... the-beast/

Wneglia
Midshipman

Re: Texas student thinks her school ID is the “Mark of the B

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:
bannination wrote:Texas student thinks her school ID is the “Mark of the Beast”

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012 ... the-beast/
Is she a plant designed to make sincere privacy advocates look wingnutty?

Full disclosure: I have to wear an RFID badge at work in order to clock in/out, auto-deduct meals and open locked doors.
I have the same type of badge for the hospital, but at my office I have to clock in and out with a fingerprint scanner. :evil:

:mrgreen:

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:You're paid hourly?
No, but we used to have some dishonest physicians who would abuse the honor system about when they were and were not at work.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Wneglia wrote:
No, but we used to have some dishonest physicians who would abuse the honor system about when they were and were not at work.

Golf courses aren't considered "medical facilities"??

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

O Really wrote:
Wneglia wrote:

Golf courses aren't considered "medical facilities"??
Actually the golfers in our group were not the problem. I hate to say it, but it was 2 female physicians (now they are gone, thank God).

As for the blogging, I work efficiently and have time between patients to play on the computer. I am sure you do the same, Vrede.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote:
MrB. wrote:
Vrede wrote:...Now, I don't post from work at all, I don't want them knowing I'm a forumista.
I could have sworn I saw a post from you that said you were a forumsistah..... :-0?>
I think "forumista" is gender neutral. Do you see it differently?
I think he's comparing "mista" with "sistah"

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:Cute, I never noticed the "mista" in "forumista".

Now that we've met, MrB., the dear handsome man, can call me "sistah" if he wants.

Might as well, that's what he's been calling his blow up doll for ages. :mrgreen:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

MrB. wrote:
bannination wrote:Image

"Depending on which gospel you read of course, different ones having him saying different final words."
If you had just been nailed down to a cross, would you have cried out in pain and anguish?

I'm surprised you posted that photo Banni, because you claim to be so well versed in the Bible; so well versed that you find it unbelievable; but when it comes to man's atrocities against other men, you, and others, waste no time in your ridicule....

But, anyway....the question is asked (paraphrased) "If Jesus knew of His impending death, why did He cry out to God questioning why He had been forsaken?"

When Christ walked on Earth, He was a man; He was capable of feeling pain and compassion; therefore on the cross, since He was like you or me, He had reason to cry out in pain and anguish. He was not perfected until after His resurrection.

part right
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

MrB. wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:"part right"
Thank you.

and gb
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

MrB. wrote:
Vrede wrote::lol: "God bless." :angel:
Coming from someone who refers to God as a "sky fairy", I certainly didn't pick up on that one!

gotta be quick old b

bannination
Captain

The religion thread!

Boy it's not a good time to be a young earth creationist when we have trees that are older than they claim the earth is.

Looks like they lost the lawsuit in NC about the choose life license plates. Thanks for wasting our tax dollars.

For the homophobes, yet more evidence that homosexuality is not a choice. (As if more was needed!)

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: The religion thread!

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Be afraid....be very, very, afraid.

bannination
Captain

Re: The religion thread!

Should have known..... he was hanging around those 12 guys all the time....