The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The 2SLGBTQIA+phobic thread :>

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:47 pm
Transsexual (*no longer commonly used)
This term is no longer in common use, though may be more frequently used by transgender individuals of an older cohort. The term defines a person whose gender identity differs from their sex assigned at birth and who has undertaken gender affirming medical and/or surgical interventions. The term has fallen out of favour as it implies that physical transition is necessary in order to claim a trans identity.
It is necessary if you want to get into O Really's sorority. :P

If a nonsurgical transwoman has sex with a woman is that hetero or lesbian sex? Can a woman get pregnant from lesbian sex? Am I prejudiced for asking questions that assumes it needs a label? -0-? :headscratch:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by O Really »

Nope. Nogonna try to remember a string of meaningless letters, but I'm happy to use any reasonable name those affected would like. "Gay" works for me or maybe they'd like a unique word. But make it a real word.

Actually, the longer the list, the less inclusive it can get. Why so? Because if you have a long list of letters, the assumption would be that you're including everybody, so it's pretty easy for unreconstructed-lesbians-who-went-trans to say "what about me?" But if you have one word, declare it to cover the community of everybody who isn't straight, then you've been inclusive of all.

Nobody would like it, and I'm not really serious, but "aberrant" would do it. No judgement, just different from the norm.

O Really
Admiral

Incidentally, why do people say "sex assigned at birth"? I'm pretty sure that's a matter of identification and is not a matter of judgement by the attending physician, if any.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:48 pm

Nope, no chicks with dicks in the Kappa house. It would certainly be possible to establish a social ("Greek" style) club that included males, females, and any variant as members, but Kappa Kappa Gamma and other similar sororities are not that. They recruit members that are similar to each other and, for better or worse, that's what helps create the long lasting bonds and loyalty to the "sisterhood." Start throwing in odd characters and it won't work so well. Some would say that's a good thing, and would like to see the entire Greek system dumped, but that's a different issue.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:54 pm
Nope, no chicks with dicks in the Kappa house. It would certainly be possible to establish a social ("Greek" style) club that included males, females, and any variant as members, but Kappa Kappa Gamma and other similar sororities are not that. They recruit members that are similar to each other and, for better or worse, that's what helps create the long lasting bonds and loyalty to the "sisterhood." Start throwing in odd characters and it won't work so well. Some would say that's a good thing, and would like to see the entire Greek system dumped, but that's a different issue.
I was just teasing you. :D

Maybe not in the Omega Rho house ;) , but the article doesn't say whether KKG inspected the transwoman for a dick or not. Ftr, their house, they can do what they want within the limits of Wyoming anti-discrimination law that does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. Maybe the bigoted 6 knew that there was no inspection.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

There have been definitive cases exempting social clubs such as fraternities and sororities from Title IX, ADA, and state non-discrimination laws. Some schools have tried to impose requirements, but usually not. So Kappa Kappa Gamma was not required to accept a trans person, nor for that matter any male. But they did, over the objection of at least six members. Usually one objection is good enough to turn a prospect down. "The rest of the story" would be interesting, but it's probably not going to get much more coverage.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:02 am
There have been definitive cases exempting social clubs such as fraternities and sororities from Title IX, ADA, and state non-discrimination laws. Some schools have tried to impose requirements, but usually not. So Kappa Kappa Gamma was not required to accept a trans person, nor for that matter any male. But they did, over the objection of at least six members. Usually one objection is good enough to turn a prospect down. "The rest of the story" would be interesting, but it's probably not going to get much more coverage.
"social clubs such as fraternities and sororities" can discriminate on the basis of race, religion, etc? If so, ewww.

Anyhow, I specifically agreed with you that KKG was not required to accept a trans person. Wyoming has not expanded its non-discrimination laws to include them or gays. :(
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Here's more.
Artemis Langford, a 6'2" 260 pound sister, was accepted into KKG in September, 2022. So one of my questions is answered, i.e. how did s/he get in with 6 objections. S/he didn't. The objections arose since s/he became a member.

The six objectors really got bad legal advice and brought their suit on an invalid basis and in an improper venue, with insufficient to nonexistent legit evidence. Thus they were properly tossed and their suit labeled "frivolous."

Artemis has not been reconstructed, and a lot of the complaint was based on the six (was 7) complaintants being uncomfortable in their own house for various reasons, not the least of which was that Artemis occasionally showed a boner when s/he was hanging out with the other sisters.

The reason the six didn't get any sympathy from national is that 145 other Kappa Kappa Gamma chapters have accepted transgender women since 2015.

But sure - s/he looks like s/he fits right in.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:56 pm
Here's more.
Artemis Langford, a 6'2" 260 pound sister, was accepted into KKG in September, 2022.
She would make a very scary dominatrix. :o
... The reason the six didn't get any sympathy from national is that 145 other Kappa Kappa Gamma chapters have accepted transgender women since 2015.
:clap: x 145
But sure - s/he looks like s/he fits right in.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/s ... &strip=all
Agreed - too fat, glasses, no champagne . . . :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So here's a very sympathetic interview with Artemis. Be honest: if s/he were a regular (non-trans) female would she ever have gotten into KKG?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-dismis ... 40285.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:55 pm
So here's a very sympathetic interview with Artemis. Be honest: if she were a regular (non-trans) female would she ever have gotten into KKG?
Ringer for the annual inter-sorority tug-o-wars? Bouncer for when fratboys get out of control at parties?

More seriously, Idk if WY KKG is as superficial as the Bama Rush ones are. I imagine there's some diversity among and within sororities.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:49 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:55 pm
So here's a very sympathetic interview with Artemis. Be honest: if she were a regular (non-trans) female would she ever have gotten into KKG?
Ringer for the annual inter-sorority tug-o-wars? Bouncer for when fratboys get out of control at parties?

More seriously, Idk if WY KKG is as superficial as the Bama Rush ones are. I imagine there's some diversity among and within sororities.
There may be some, but "diversity" is not what tight-knit elitist social clubs are about. "Homogeneity" is more the goal. In any case, Artemis can claim to be a "transgender" but s/he doesn't get to wear full colors of "she" as long as s/he's still a CWD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:47 pm
Common acronyms used within the Government of Canada

... Transsexual (*no longer commonly used)
This term is no longer in common use, though may be more frequently used by transgender individuals of an older cohort. The term defines a person whose gender identity differs from their sex assigned at birth and who has undertaken gender affirming medical and/or surgical interventions. The term has fallen out of favour as it implies that physical transition is necessary in order to claim a trans identity.

If a nonsurgical transwoman has sex with a woman is that hetero or lesbian sex? Can a woman get pregnant from lesbian sex? Am I prejudiced for asking questions that assumes it needs a label? -0-? :headscratch:
O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:05 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:49 pm
... More seriously, Idk if WY KKG is as superficial as the Bama Rush ones are. I imagine there's some diversity among and within sororities.
There may be some, but "diversity" is not what tight-knit elitist social clubs are about. "Homogeneity" is more the goal. In any case, Artemis can claim to be a "transgender" but she doesn't get to wear full colors of "she" as long as she's still a CWD.
Who put you in charge of the definition of either sorority or "she"? Canada and the queer community disagree with you on the latter.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Nobody put me in charge but if they did I'd do better than whoever is in charge now. And I'm rarely disturbed that somebody disagrees with me. So now it's 2SLGBTQ+CWD

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:32 pm
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/p ... ses-213630
(Poll: Majority of Americans say Kentucky clerk should have to issue licenses)

Maybe she did us a favor?
Nearly three in four Americans say that when a conflict arises between religious convictions and the need to treat everyone equally under the law, the law should prevail, according to new results from an ABC News/Washington Post poll out Tuesday.
Update, 8 years later:
Jury awards $100,000 to Kentucky couple denied marriage license by ex-County Clerk Kim Davis
A federal jury has awarded $100,000 to a Kentucky couple who sued former county clerk Kim Davis over her refusal to issue licenses to same-sex couples

... U.S. District Judge David Bunning ... sent Davis to jail for five days in 2015 after holding her in contempt of court. She was parodied on Saturday Night Live and embraced by conservative politicians who traveled to Kentucky to support her.

Davis was released only after her staff issued the licenses on her behalf but removed her name from the form. Kentucky's state legislature later enacted a law removing the names of all county clerks from state marriage licenses.

Bunning ruled last year that Davis violated the constitutional rights of the two couples. In the ruling, Bunning reasoned that Davis “cannot use her own constitutional rights as a shield to violate the constitutional rights of others while performing her duties as an elected official.” ...
:thumbup: :clap:

Judge David Bunning is the son of Repug former US Senator Jim Bunning from KY and was appointed by Shrub.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Gabbi Tuft before and after her transition.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

O Really, you ask her what surgery she's had. I ain't gonna. :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Oofdah! Nice boobs, but the hands are huge.
Supposedly she still has a female wife. If so, that wife is the most loyal woman in the world.
Maybe she can join KKG as a house mother or something.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:54 pm
Possibility this backfires. The bad part is kids spreading misinformation or falsehoods because they're kids.
Anyone who supports Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill is probably a fraudster, anti-DerSantis Vrede too says
Former Florida lawmaker who sponsored 'Don't Say Gay' sentenced to prison for COVID-19 relief fraud

The former Florida lawmaker who sponsored the controversial law critics call “Don’t Say Gay” was sentenced to six months in federal prison Thursday for defrauding a federal coronavirus relief loan program for small businesses.

Former state Rep. Joe Harding, a 36-year-old Republican, resigned in December after being charged with fraudulently obtaining more than $150,000 from the Small Business Administration in pandemic aid loans. He pleaded guilty in March to wire fraud, money laundering and making false statements in connection with COVID-19 relief fraud.

“The theft of any amount of taxpayer funds is inexcusable,” said U.S. Attorney Jason Coody in a news release. “However, the defendant’s deceptive acts of diverting emergency financial assistance from small businesses during the pandemic is simply beyond the pale." ...
:---P :thumbup: Harding is fortunate that there's no gay sex in prison. Oh wait . . .
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:05 pm
Incidentally, why do people say "sex assigned at birth"? I'm pretty sure that's a matter of identification and is not a matter of judgement by the attending physician, if any.
Sex assignment

Intersex people may have occult or mixed genitalia that bring a cursory exam into question. Then, trans folks say that their "true" gender never matched their genitalia. I don't have a problem with a mildly clunky phrase that covers all people including we cisgenders. For most of us no one bothers using the phrase, it's just male or female.

Coyotes' Travis Dermott 'had to' defy NHL with Pride tape

... The NHL had dispatched a memo to teams before the season, reiterating its ban on altering on-ice gear for warmups and practices to reflect theme nights.

The Arizona Coyotes defenseman was about to become the first player to defy that edict on supporting social causes -- including Pride tape for the LGBTQIA+ community. And he was going to do it in a game.

"A bunch of thoughts are going through your head," Dermott said Friday. "But not one of them was, 'Should I do this or shouldn't I do this?' It was more, 'How fast is it going to blow up? How much is it going to blow up? Is anyone even going to notice?'

"It had to be done. I was going to deal with whatever came my way."

What came his way was an avalanche of support after Dermott sported the tape on Saturday in Arizona's home opener against the Los Angeles Kings.

It also didn't take long for the NHL to backpedal. The league announced less than 72 hours later its ban on using stick tape to support social causes, including rainbow-colored Pride tape, had been rescinded.
:---P
... It was also a risk. Dermott inked a one-year, two-way contract for about the league minimum in Arizona this summer after an injury-ravaged 2022-23 season with the Vancouver Canucks. He noted he didn't know what the "repercussions could be."

But if things went against him, it would be on his terms.

"That alone pushed me to go through with this," Dermott said. "As well as the support from my team ... they gave me the confidence to stand up for what was right."
:thumbup: Hero.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yuck, the Texas bigotry has gotten even worse than I would have guessed:

Several Students Were Kicked Out Of A School Play — All Over Their Gender Identity
“We just had this giant cry sesh outside of the choir room,” Max Hightower said.

They're rewriting Oklahoma!, too :wtf: Theater without some gender bending is not recognizable to me. It's always been the last refuge of nonconformists.
1312. ETTD.