The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by Vrede too »

Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes tells U.S. Supreme Court to shove it

... The court took the side of a web designer in Colorado who said it was her First Amendment right to refuse to design wedding websites for same-sex couples.

Arizona has a law much like Colorado’s.

Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes announced in no uncertain terms that her office is determined to enforce it.

The Supreme Court be damned.

After the court announced its decision in the Colorado case, Mayes issued a statement that read in part, “Today, a woefully misguided majority of the United States Supreme Court has decided that businesses open to the public may, in certain circumstances, discriminate against LGBTQ+ Americans.

“While my office is still reviewing the decision to determine its effects, I agree with Justice Sotomayor — the idea that the Constitution gives businesses the right to discriminate is ‘profoundly wrong.’ ”

Mayes is referring to a dissenting opinion by Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who wrote in part, “Today, the Court, for the first time in its history, grants a business open to the public a constitutional right to refuse to serve members of a protected class.”

She added, “By issuing this new license to discriminate … the immediate, symbolic effect of the decision is to mark gays and lesbians for second-class status.”

Not in Arizona, according to Mayes.

She will 'continue to enforce' Arizona's law

She said in her statement, “Despite today’s ruling, Arizona law prohibits discrimination in places of public accommodation, including discrimination because of sexual orientation and gender identity.

“If any Arizonan believes that they have been the victim of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, or ancestry in a place of public accommodation, they should file a complaint with my office. I will continue to enforce Arizona’s public accommodation law to its fullest extent.”

The extremist majority of the Supreme Court appears willing to nudge the country into a modern day Jim Crow era.

For now, however, members of the LGBTQ community in Arizona do not have to sit in the back of the bus.
Hero, but how can it last? "modern day Jim Crow era" is right.

Florida:

Supreme Court ruling on Colorado LGBTQ case could influence lawsuit over Jacksonville HRO (human rights ordinance).
Michael Imperioli Has A Message For 'Bigots And Homophobes' Who Watch His Work
"The Sopranos" star sarcastically thanked the Supreme Court after it decided a Christian website designer could discriminate against same-sex marriage.

... “The Sopranos” star reacted to the news of the ruling in an angry Instagram post on Saturday, where he posted a screenshot of an article with the headline, “Supreme Court protects web designer who won’t do gay wedding websites.”

... Imperioli tried to twist the Supreme Court’s own logic in the case, telling fans, “I’ve decided to forbid bigots and homophobes from watching ‘The Sopranos,’ ‘The White Lotus,’ ‘Goodfellas,’ or any movie or TV show I’ve been in.”

“Thank you Supreme Court for allowing me to discriminate and exclude those who I don’t agree with and am opposed to,” he continued, wryly. “USA! USA!”

Imperioli expanded his thoughts in the comment section, telling critics, “Hate and ignorance is not a legitimate point of view” and “America is becoming dumber by the minute.”

... The dispute cited in the case was entirely hypothetical, however. Petitioner Lorie Smith has never been hired to make a website for a same-sex couple, nor has she professionally created any website.

(Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Discrimination Of Same-Sex Couples, hateful idiots)

Justice Sonia Sotomayor skewered the majority’s opinion in a dissent with liberal justices Elena Kagan and Ketanji Brown Jackson, writing, “Today, the Court, for the first time in its history, grants a business open to the public a constitutional right to refuse to serve members of a protected class.”

“By issuing this new license to discriminate in a case brought by a company that seeks to deny same-sex couples the full and equal enjoyment of its services, the immediate, symbolic effect of the decision is to mark gays and lesbians for second-class status,” the dissent continued.

“In this way, the decision itself inflicts a kind of stigmatic harm, on top of any harm caused by denials of service. The opinion of the Court is, quite literally, a notice that reads: ‘Some services may be denied to same-sex couples.’” ...
Go Michael and Sonia Go!

Ftr, Michael Imperioli is married to a woman, has 3 kids and is presumably hetero.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Anti-LGBTQ+ Laws Are Being Blocked in Federal Courts Across the Country

More than 75 anti-LGBTQ+ bills have been signed into law this year, but they are increasingly unable to hold up in court. In just the last two months, federal judges — including two appointed by former President Donald Trump — and one county circuit judge have blocked seven bans on gender-affirming care for transgender youth, and three bans on public drag performances.

Repeatedly, judges have found in preliminary injunctions that gender-affirming care bans are likely unconstitutional and that the families of transgender youth have a strong likelihood of winning their cases. Multiple judges, including in Tennessee and Florida, have pointed out that states have largely failed to call upon experts with actual experience in treating patients with gender dysphoria.

On Wednesday, federal judges in Kentucky and Tennessee granted statewide preliminary injunctions to temporarily halt their states from enforcing bans on gender-affirming care for trans youth. In Tennessee, U.S. District Judge Eli Richardson, a Trump appointee, allowed trans youth to access puberty blockers and hormone treatments, but blocked surgeries for minors, which are exceedingly rare.

Richardson’s decision is part of a rising tide of court victories for transgender rights, said Joshua Block, senior staff attorney for the ACLU’s LGBTQ & HIV Project, in a statement.

“Across the country, we’re seeing a clear and unanimous rejection of these laws as unconstitutional, openly discriminatory and a danger to the very youth they claim to protect,” he said. It is yet to be seen how lawsuits in states including Georgia, Texas, Idaho and Montana will play out, but so far, gender-affirming care bans for youth have failed to survive in federal courts, once challenged.

The challenges to gender-affirming care bans have been filed based on the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the 14th Amendment, and federal judges have repeatedly found that bans on gender-affirming care for trans youth are likely unconstitutional on those grounds....

In Florida, two anti-LGBTQ+ laws — a ban on Medicaid coverage for gender-affirming care, which would impact adults, and a law restricting public drag performances — were temporarily blocked from being enforced across the state this month. A third Florida law banning gender-affirming care for minors was blocked in a limited scope — meaning that the state is only explicitly barred from enforcing the ban against the three trans youth plaintiffs in the case. However, advocates argue that the judge’s order applies to trans youth across Florida, and that his later argument in his Medicaid decision supports this.

U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle heard two of the three Florida cases: the one on gender-affirming care for trans youth and on Medicaid coverage for gender-affirming care for people of all ages. In his injunction blocking the state from enforcing its ban on gender-affirming care for trans youth, Hinkle wrote that there “is no rational basis” for a state to categorically ban hormone treatment or puberty blockers for minors and disparaged the state for an “unspoken suggestion” running below the surface in its adoption of the rules — that transgender identity is not real.

Florida's Drag Ban Is Blocked, Thanks to Queer Restaurant Chain Hamburger Mary's

On Friday, a federal judge issued a temporary injunction on the DeSantis law, calling it “vague and overbroad.”

Lawyers for the state are appealing both of Hinkle’s decisions to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The temporary block on Florida’s public drag ban, issued by U.S. District Judge Gregory Presnell, echoes similar actions taken across several states in declaring that such laws violate the First Amendment....
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Charles Barkley Delivers an Outspoken Take on the Bud Light Controversy
Barkley has never been shy to speak his mind on any topic.

... “If you’re gay, bless you. If you’re trans, bless you. And if you have a problem with that, f*** you!” Barkley said on the microphone.

Barkley also said he had three cases of Bud Light for the people at the bar.

“I want y’all to drink this f****** beer,” Barkley said.

Videos of Barkley’s support for the LGBTQ+ community have surfaced online in the past, also posted by the same user.

“If you’re gay, lesbian, transgender, live your f****** life,” Barkley said. “And if anybody give you s***, you tell them Charles Barkley says go f*** yourself..”

Barkley’s outspoken support for the LGBTQ+ community has gone on for over a decade, including saying he was comfortable playing with gay teammates in the past. He also showed support of the NBA pulling the 2016 All-Star Game from Charlotte due to North Carolina’s controversial bathroom bill.

Video
:clap: GoChuckGo.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:03 am
Charles Barkley Delivers an Outspoken Take on the Bud Light Controversy
Barkley has never been shy to speak his mind on any topic.

... “If you’re gay, bless you. If you’re trans, bless you. And if you have a problem with that, f*** you!” Barkley said on the microphone.

Barkley also said he had three cases of Bud Light for the people at the bar.

“I want y’all to drink this f****** beer,” Barkley said.

Videos of Barkley’s support for the LGBTQ+ community have surfaced online in the past, also posted by the same user.

“If you’re gay, lesbian, transgender, live your f****** life,” Barkley said. “And if anybody give you s***, you tell them Charles Barkley says go f*** yourself..”

Barkley’s outspoken support for the LGBTQ+ community has gone on for over a decade, including saying he was comfortable playing with gay teammates in the past. He also showed support of the NBA pulling the 2016 All-Star Game from Charlotte due to North Carolina’s controversial bathroom bill.

Video
:clap: GoChuckGo.
... “If you’re gay, bless you. If you’re trans, bless you. And if you have a problem with that, f*** you!” Barkley said"
The Round Mound of Rebound has spoken.

He briefly considered running for governor of Alabama. I still wish he would.
I see him a lot like I do Jon Stewart, just good people.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:38 am
... “If you’re gay, bless you. If you’re trans, bless you. And if you have a problem with that, f*** you!” Barkley said"
The Round Mound of Rebound has spoken.

He briefly considered running for governor of Alabama. I still wish he would.
I see him a lot like I do Jon Stewart, just good people.
:thumbup: 60 years old, it's not too late.
"If you support my opponent, f*** you!”

There are no limits to Fascist DerSantis' desperation:

The latest 'woke' target for Ron DeSantis: Bud Light
The Florida governor called for an investigation into how Anheuser-Busch InBev handled a Bud Light marketing campaign and a resulting drop in the company’s stock.

:bs: :bs: :bs: It was just a single paid influencer post, never central to Bud Light's PR efforts. DerSantis and the state's lawyers know that there's no case here and will never really file one. Any losses to FL's pension funds are the result of DerSantis' bigot buddies' choice to exploit the post with a hateful national freakout. Sue them.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?p=184345#p184345
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 pm
Speaking of boyfriend Brian Glenn:

Opps, nttawwt.
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸
@patriottakes
May 21

Marjorie Taylor Greene announces she has a ‘boyfriend-exception’ for when wearing drag is OK.

:roll:
Article:
Anti-drag queen Marjorie Taylor Greene says reporters may dress in drag — if they are her boyfriend (video)

Responses to the 2nd tweet above:
No, no. Drag is drag. Man Hands should know that by now. We aren’t moving the goalposts for her or her cross-dressing boyfriend.
Is this her BF in drag?
:o
Hope SNL does a skit of this! @nbcsnl
The gift that keeps on giving.. 😂
Wearing drag isnt and has never been the issue. It's about performing for kids. You all know that.
Children watch morning news
:---P
I'm sure they all give themselves the abortion exception as well.
:thumbup:
I guess he’s a groomer
Can’t mansplain that, Marge.
Look’s like Patriot Takes struck a nerve with Marjorie Taylor Greene’s hypocrisy when it comes to dressing in Drag. 👏🏻👏🏻
And he still looks more like a woman than she does. 🤷‍♂️
Of course, because being a VIP, elitist, anti-democracy fascist and Neo-Confederate, Rep. Greene (Republican - Georgia) feels she can pass out exemptions as appropriate. The egoism and self-love of conservatives, Republicans is truly astounding at times.
LOL Margarine Traitor Grease is sleeping with a drag queen.
Trump's lawyer concurs.
(press play)

Once again we learn that drag is cool, if you're a RepuQ:
Mississippi senator says tutu photo is misused in campaign. He's raising money for cancer research

Mississippi Republican state Sen. Jeremy England says he intentionally wore what he considers a “very embarrassing” Halloween costume to raise money for breast cancer research — a shiny pink bodysuit with a short pink skirt.

Now, England says a photo of him in the outfit has been misused, with a slur directed at him, in an increasingly divisive GOP primary as he supports Lt. Gov. Delbert Hosemann for reelection.

A person backing one of Hosemann's opponents posted an image of the tutu-clad England on Twitter along with a comment: “Hosemann and his groomer weirdos.”

"I consider that to be some of the worst, dirty form of politics — which is, of course, where we are now in this race,” England told The Associated Press....
Should be easy for England, Hosemann and their allies to show us where they've objected to Dems, gays, trans folks, drag queens and other lefties being called "groomers".

Crickets.

Comments:
I grew up in the age of glamour rock...Elton John, Bowie, and the rest. They weren't grooming anyone. Didn't make me want to glam up. And earlier in my life long hair was for woman and pants were for men. It's just cultural costuming folks. So, settle down.
and Bowie was a genius!
just something for GOP to get angry about, they have nothing else.
no, apparently the hateful jesus lovers think it's the end of times
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:42 am
Do politicians get credit for doing the right thing even if they do it for the wrong reasons? I see there are various efforts to ban transgender athletes from competing in sports for their (new) gender, mostly former men in women's' sports. Clearly this is just part of their homo/transphobic efforts to discriminate and make the lives of trans people even more miserable. But - I think it's a very reasonable rule for any people who transitioned after puberty. Transitioning doesn't take away all the inherent physical advantages males have over females in some activities. A 6'9" male basketball player isn't going to get shorter during transition. A person who, when a guy, could deadlift 400 pounds is going to lose some strength in transition, but not nearly enough to put (the new) her in an equitable competition with women. Is it reasonable in any universe that Caitlyn, former Olympic decathlete known as Bruce Jenner, who at 73 is still 6'2" and 194 pounds and in reasonable condition. Anybody find it fair that she gets to play in the club pickleball tournament against "regular" 70 year old women? Or gets to run a 10K in a class for 70 year old women? I don't. But it's really painful to have to agree with legislative people I normally consider moon-barking droolers.
O Canada!

Quinn: The 'ground-breaking' first out transgender player at a Fifa World Cup

:P To be fair, Quinn has always played on female teams, including Duke :o , and:
... Quinn said after coming out they do not plan to increase their testosterone levels, nor medically transition through other methods, while playing professionally....
:thumbup: So, your gripes don't apply. I just think it's funny that Canada is first. Plus, I thought maybe they were born with a penis when I read the headline.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So the soccer player formerly known as "Rebecca Quinn" began as a female and is now a drug-modified but not fully re-constructed male. Fine. Let him/her continue to play with the women if s/he isn't taking anything that is considered performance-enhancing and is otherwise banned for anybody else. However "The latest research confirmed that testosterone significantly increases endurance and lean muscle mass among young women, even when given for a relatively short period" so "not increasing" testosterone level might not be sufficient to level the table.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:02 pm
So the soccer player formerly known as "Rebecca Quinn" began as a female and is now a drug-modified but not fully re-constructed male. Fine. Let him/her continue to play with the women if s/he isn't taking anything that is considered performance-enhancing and is otherwise banned for anybody else. However "The latest research confirmed that testosterone significantly increases endurance and lean muscle mass among young women, even when given for a relatively short period" so "not increasing" testosterone level might not be sufficient to level the table.
Have they gotten any drug or supplement modification? I read the article as implying that they have not.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:09 pm

Have they gotten any drug or supplement modification? I read the article as implying that they have not.
Yeah, it's a little unclear: "Quinn said after coming out they do not plan to increase their testosterone levels, nor medically transition through other methods, while playing professionally"

Does that mean s/he's no longer taking any supplemental testosterone at all and his/her level is what it is, or does that mean that s/he's not going to increase dosage?

I'm pretty ambivalent about performance-enhancing drugs, and as far as I'm concerned anybody can take anything they're willing to take the risk for as long as everybody has the same opportunity. I've long said that if they gave everybody in the Tour De France the stuff Lance Armstrong took that even with that very few if any of them could win, much less 7 times. But just because somebody has a medical reason for taking something that's prohibited for everybody else doesn't mean you have to change the rules.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:27 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:09 pm
Yeah, it's a little unclear: "Quinn said after coming out they do not plan to increase their testosterone levels, nor medically transition through other methods, while playing professionally"

Does that mean s/he's no longer taking any supplemental testosterone at all and his/her level is what it is, or does that mean that s/he's not going to increase dosage? ...
Quinn went straight from Duke, where PEDs including testosterone were banned, to pro play. I think I'll assume zero artificial enhancement until I read otherwise. Sounds like they're comfortable with or resigned to staying drug-free until retirement. If so, it makes their play less complicated for the rest of us.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Montana Judge Temporarily Lifts Ban On Drag Performances Ahead Of Major Pride Event
A federal judge in Montana has temporarily blocked a new law that puts restrictions on drag performances just days before Montana Pride's 30th anniversary celebration.

... The way the law is written “will disproportionally harm not only drag performers, but any person who falls outside traditional gender and identity norms,” including transgender people, U.S. District Court Judge Brian Morris said.

The law seeks to ban minors from attending what it calls “sexually oriented” performances, and bans such performances in public places where minors might be present. However, it does not adequately define many of the terms used in the law, causing people to self-censor out of fear of prosecution, plaintiff's attorney Constance Van Kley with Upper Seven Law argued Wednesday.

“Plaintiffs, along with the approximately 15,000 Montanans who wish to attend the (Montana Pride) events, cannot avoid chilled speech or exposure to potential civil or criminal liability,” without the temporary restraining order, Morris wrote.

The ruling will allow Montana Pride to advertise and hold some of its events in public places, said Kevin Hamm, president of Montana Pride. The annual LGBTQ+ celebration — which includes a parade, street dance and drag brunch — begins on Sunday and runs through Aug. 6.

“The language used in the (temporary restraining order) is both impressive and should serve as a warning to discriminatory actions by legislators in the future,” Hamm said....
:---P :happy-cheerleaderkid:

I'm almost positive that I voted for now U.S. District Court Judge (appointed by Barack Obama) Brian Morris for Montana Supreme Court in November 2004. He won and then "successfully retained his position in the 2012 election."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A California store owner was shot and killed over a Pride flag displayed at her shop

... San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies responded to the Mag.Pi clothing store in Cedar Glen, Calif., at around 5 p.m. local time for reports of a shooting.

Deputies discovered the victim, 66-year-old Laura Ann Carleton, suffering from a gunshot wound. Carleton was pronounced dead at the scene, the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department said in a news release.

The suspect, who was not identified by officials, fled the scene on foot.
Coward.
According to deputies, the man made "several disparaging remarks about a rainbow flag" that stood outside Carleton's store before ultimately shooting her.
:cry: Terrorist.
Deputies were later able to locate the armed suspect, who was confronted by deputies and was killed in "a lethal force encounter," authorities said. No deputies were injured.
:thumbup: The only good bigot . . .
... Carleton, who went by "Lauri," had a husband and nine children, according to the clothing store's website. She owned and operated the Mag.Pi clothing store and began her career in fashion at an early age.
:think: How many grandchildren and how to explain this to them?
... The Lake Arrowhead LGBTQ organization took to social media to address the shooting, saying that while Carleton did not identify as a member, she spent her time helping and being an advocate for those in the LGBTQ+ community....
Pictures

mountainprovisionscooperative
In loving memory of our dear friend, mom to many, ally, organizer, entrepreneur, founding member and soul of our co-op Lauri Carleton.

Lauri was a pillar in our community, an immovable force in her values for equality, love, and justice. If you knew Lauri you know she loved hard, laughed often, and nurtured and protected those she cared about. She was a force, she loved to crack jokes and wanted to live as joyful of a life as possible. We will continue to stand for the values she so selflessly stood for. Her death will not be in vain 💗

Lauri and her husband Bort were pivotal in organizing our Free Store which provided free food and supplies for 4 months after the blizzard. Lauri put her whole heart into keeping it going as long as we could. Pay an act of kindness forward in her honor. Our community needs as much as love as we can get right now.

Fly your flags in honor of Lauri 🏳️‍🌈 love will prevail. Please respect the privacy and be respectful of family and friends grieving this horrific loss 💔

Sending love to our entire community, especially our queer community. Stay safe friends.
:-||
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Cedar Glen, Calif Pride flag terrorist:

Travis Ikeguchi's Social Media Filled With Anti-LGBTQ Posts Before Shooting

Along with the rabid homophobia:
... "There is only one way to the path of salvation and to have eternal life and that is through Jesus Christ. And yes, the path is narrow," Ikeguchi wrote in his bio on X, where he had fewer than 100 followers.

He regularly posted and reposted Bible verses in between anti-LGBTQ+ and anti-abortion content.

In another post on X during Pride Month, Ikeguchi wrote that abortion and same-sex marriage "are both immoral and are design to destroy humanity one by one. So if someone is pro-abortion and pro-LGBTQP, they are at war against the foundation of family values."

In a different post, Ikeguchi celebrated the debunked claim that Italy had canceled Pride Month and replaced it with a "Family Pride Month," to promote "traditional families."

"Hallelujah!!!! Jesus is good!!!" Ikeguchi wrote.

Ikeguchi also shared a photo of a burning Pride flag in a post on Gab, a social media platform that has become a haven for extremists.

"We need to STOP COMPROMISING on this LGBT dictatorship and not let them take over out lives!" Ikeguchi wrote in the post on his now-defunct Gab page, according to the New York Post. "True followers of Christ SHOULD NOT and NEVER TOLERATE this stupid indoctrination of LGBT agenda in marriage or in our own businesses."
Figures. :roll: :obscene-birdiered:
... Equality California, an advocacy group, said it has recorded a sharp rise in anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric.

"Over the past year, we have seen a sharp increase in anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric being expressed by far right extremists and hate groups—rhetoric which has resulted in physical intimidation, harassment, and acts of violence," the group's executive director Tony Hoang said in a statement.

"More than 350 anti-LGBTQ+ incidents occurred from June 2022 to April 2023, accompanied by the introduction of more than 500 anti-LGBTQ+ pieces of legislation introduced across the country in 2023 alone," he said. "This hate does not happen in a vacuum—it is all part of a backlash to the advances made by the LGBTQ+ community. We must continue to stand against this rising tide of hatred."
Too bad we can't charge our bigot leadership as accessories to murder.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sorority at the University of Wyoming admits transgender woman.
6 crybaby bigots sue.
Then,

Judge dismisses lawsuit by sorority sisters who sought to block a transgender woman from joining

Freedom of association.

U.S. District Court Judge Alan Johnson is 84 years old and was appointed by Ronald Reagan.

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:04 pm
Sorority at the University of Wyoming admits transgender woman.
6 crybaby bigots sue.
Then,

Judge dismisses lawsuit by sorority sisters who sought to block a transgender woman from joining

Freedom of association.

U.S. District Court Judge Alan Johnson is 84 years old and was appointed by Ronald Reagan.

I understand the court's ruling, but I couldn't imagine how any sorority would actually pledge a transgender person. Understandable that the sorority's
by-laws wouldn't define "woman," as not long ago it would have been unthinkable that that would be necessary. Seemed strange also, that when it usually only takes one member to blackball a prospect, that there would be six who objected vociferously and were overruled. I looked a little further. The group, Kappa Kappa Gamma, is one of the oldest Greek groups for women, and tends to recruit attractive old-money members - but - it has an interesting slogan on its site: "Kappa is made up of unique and diverse members waiting to welcome you. Together, we empower each other, inspire change and foster friendship." "Diverse" isn't a word typically associated with sororities, so maybe they're trying to make a point. And maybe they've got different voting rules so a recruit can get in with a majority. If the recruit was completely transitioned, including parts replacement, and she was otherwise acceptable, I miiiiight have voted for her, but if she was only partially reconstructed I wouldn't have.

O Really
Admiral

"Canada advises LGBTQ2 travellers to be aware of U.S. state laws"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/news/c ... d63b&ei=64

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The 2SLGBTQIA+phobic thread :>

O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:33 pm
"Canada advises LGBTQ2 travellers to be aware of U.S. state laws"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/news/c ... r-AA1fWY8M
USA USA USA :roll:

I need to carry around a crib sheet in order to keep up.
Common acronyms used within the Government of Canada

2SLGBTQI+
It is the acronym used by the Government of Canada to refer to the Canadian community. 2S: at the front, recognizes Two-Spirit people as the first 2SLGBTQI+ communities; L: Lesbian; G: Gay; B: Bisexual; T: Transgender; Q: Queer; I: Intersex, considers sex characteristics beyond sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; +: is inclusive of people who identify as part of sexual and gender diverse communities, who use additional terminologies.
There's also:
2SLGBTQIA+ is an acronym that means:

2Spirit
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgender
Queer
Questioning
Intersex
Asexual

+ Pansexual
+ Agender
+ Gender Queer
+ Bigender
+ Gender Variant
+ Pangender
I'm inclined to agree with the youth that just use 'Queer', but I'm sure there's someone that will tell me it's exclusionary. If it weren't for the bigots 'People' would suffice.

Back to the Canadian glossary, some selected items. Not all are new to me, but most are relatively new:
Aromantic
A person who lacks romantic attraction or interest in romantic expression. An aromantic person’s sexual and romantic orientations may differ (e.g. aromantic lesbian), and they may have romantic and/or sexual partners.

Biphobia
The fear, hatred, or aversion of people who are attracted to more than one gender.

Gender-fluid
A person whose gender identity varies over time and may include male, female and non-binary gender identities.

Homosexual (*no longer commonly used in English)
This term is no longer in common use. See “gay” and “lesbian”. The term homosexual has fallen out of favour as it is associated with the historic medical understanding of same-sex attraction as a mental illness. However, equivalents of “homosexual” are commonly used in French and other languages.
:headscratch: News to me.
Intersex
An umbrella term to capture various types of biological sex differentiation. Intersex people have variations in their sex characteristics, such as sex chromosomes, internal reproductive organs, genitalia, and/or secondary sex characteristics (e.g. muscle mass, breasts) that fall outside of what is typically categorized as male or female.

Gender Expression
Gender expression refers to the various ways in which people choose to express their gender identity. For example: clothes, voice, hair, make-up, etc. A person’s gender expression may not align with societal expectations of gender. It is therefore not a reliable indicator of a person’s gender identity.

Gender Identity
Internal and deeply felt sense of being a man or woman, both or neither A person’s gender identity may or may not align with the gender typically associated with their sex. It may change over the course of one’s lifetime.

Transsexual (*no longer commonly used)
This term is no longer in common use, though may be more frequently used by transgender individuals of an older cohort. The term defines a person whose gender identity differs from their sex assigned at birth and who has undertaken gender affirming medical and/or surgical interventions. The term has fallen out of favour as it implies that physical transition is necessary in order to claim a trans identity.

Two-Spirit
(also Two Spirit or Two-Spirited). An English term used to broadly capture concepts traditional to many Indigenous cultures. It is a culturally-specific identity used by some Indigenous people to indicate a person whose gender identity, spiritual identity and/or sexual orientation comprises both male and female spirits.
PRIDE! I demand that this topic be renamed The 2SLGBTQIA+phobic thread.
1312. ETTD.