Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:37 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:34 pm
Yep. Moderna for both.
Crap. I'll hope Pfizer is better. Best wishes for them.
Thx, me too.

They're sick, but not hospitalized, so there's that. Honestly think that's pretty typical.
Well, from all I've read, Moderna and Pfizer are somewhat different but more or less equally effective at preventing serious Covid infection. The Pfizer has more stringent storage requirements (something like -80 C) where as the Moderna can be stored for up to a month at fridge or regular freezer temp. I think. My first three shots were all Pfizer. The booster I got on Friday was Moderna. Little to no pain from that, whereas the Pfizer booster I got last September hurt like a SOB. I actually wanted to get the Moderna this time around, because I figured 1) It might address things differently/better than Pfizer, and 2) It's all the CVS nearest to me had. We'll see. There are some lucky people who apparently are genetically more or less immune to covid. A very small number, but still.

I'd have to look up the references on the difference between Moderna and Pfizer protection, but as I recall they both have about the same efficacy.

YMMV.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Just heard that a majority of Americans have now had coronavirus.

In other news, I've been housebound since Monday with what either is a head cold, sinus infection or coronavirus (I've tested negative on home tests).

Double boosted so if it is the virus symptoms could remain minimal.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Hope its not covid - get well soon!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:23 pm
Hope its not covid - get well soon!
Thx!

Fingers crossed.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:16 pm

In other news, I've been housebound since Monday with what either is a head cold, sinus infection or coronavirus (I've tested negative on home tests).

Have you been a good boy (or girl) and worn a mask as required?

PS-I'm double boosted and wear a mask as required.

And all my home tests (as well as hospital tests last year) have all been negative.

I do get sneezing fits now and then, but not too worried what with my genetics, vaccination, and overall health taken into account. Plus it's spring and lots of pollen out and about.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Well, here's what happened to me Monday night. I ate the rest of my bag of mushrooms after deciding to throw caution to the wind. I had liquid and solid supplies and thought I was all set. It came on faster than I figured and got progressively progressive. i was pretty wiggy for a couple of hours but rode it out between bouts of wondering what to do. The next day nothing was broken and i wrote it down as another fine episode.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:47 pm
Well, here's what happened to me Monday night. I ate the rest of my bag of mushrooms after deciding to throw caution to the wind. I had liquid and solid supplies and thought I was all set. It came on faster than I figured and got progressively progressive. i was pretty wiggy for a couple of hours but rode it out between bouts of wondering what to do. The next day nothing was broken and i wrote it down as another fine episode.
Perhaps you should meander over to Oh, Really' s place to bunk and take part in the UC San Diego research effort examining the efficacy of magic mushrooms to reverse the covid effect?

Might even be some $$$ in for you.

Do it.

Do it now.

Don't even ask OR first.

Just get it over and done.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:03 pm
(childish gibberish)
You clearly have zero experience with trying to boss people on 'shrooms around.
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:03 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:47 pm
Perhaps you should meander over to Oh, Really' s place to bunk and take part in the UC San Diego research effort examining the efficacy of magic mushrooms to reverse the covid effect?

Might even be some $$$ in for you.

Do it.

Do it now.

Don't even ask OR first.

Just get it over and done.
Well, I'm pretty well up on the efficacy of that stuff and up until now nobody knew that I have often stowed away on the roof of his caravan and jumped off at various opportune times. The only money involved in any of it was the money flying out of my pockets (just came from the bank to withdraw some of my diamond mine money) and came to the horrible realization that I should have just stuffed my pockets with diamonds. This sort of thing happens now and then. I don't think O Really even knew I was up there.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:

How ya' feeling?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:43 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

How ya' feeling?
Improving thx.

Guess it's just a nasty head cold. I'm still a little stuffed but I didn't test positive on home tests, I probably should have gotten a PCR as the home tests really aren't reliable ( I know three people who were symptomatic and tested negative at home and had positive PCR's) and the symptoms kind of fit but didn't bother as I'm treating it like it is as far as isolating etc.

It'll be five days tomorrow since symptoms started so I'll be able to reenter the world. The dog will be grateful as he's been on an abbreviated walk schedule and has ants in his pants.
He's not the only one.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:06 pm
Improving thx....
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:06 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:43 pm
How ya' feeling?
Improving thx.

Guess it's just a nasty head cold. I'm still a little stuffed but I didn't test positive on home tests, I probably should have gotten a PCR as the home tests really aren't reliable ( I know three people who were symptomatic and tested negative at home and had positive PCR's) and the symptoms kind of fit but didn't bother as I'm treating it like it is as far as isolating etc.

It'll be five days tomorrow since symptoms started so I'll be able to reenter the world. The dog will be grateful as he's been on an abbreviated walk schedule and has ants in his pants.
He's not the only one.
Now?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fauci calls 1 million COVID deaths ‘incredibly tragic’: ‘Many of those deaths were avoidable’

Fuckin' COVIDiots!
... The interview comes as Congress remains stalled over COVID-19 funding the White House warns is much needed to keep up with vaccinations and boosters, among other necessities.

If Congress cannot come to a deal, the U.S. could face risks such as shortages of tests, vaccines and COVID-19 treatments, in addition to an inability to fund new potential breakthrough treatments.

Fauci reiterated the need for Congress to pass new COVID-19 funding during his interview.

“First of all, we won’t have enough antivirals. We won’t be able to develop newer and better antivirals. We won’t be able to have a booster for everyone, and we will not be able to get the best possible boosters,” he said about Congress’s inability to authorize more funding.

“We have studies right now that are lined up to try and figure out what the most appropriate booster will be for the fourth shot that likely people will need as we get into the fall. If we don’t get the resources that we asked for, we’re not going to be able to do that,” he added.
One way or the other we will come up short. :(
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:51 pm

Now?
All good. Lasted a week.

I'm double boosted so who knows. It sure presented like mild covid but I never tested positive at home (they're really not very reliable) and didn't bother with a pcr as I was treating it like covid.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:18 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:51 pm

Now?
All good. Lasted a week.

I'm double boosted so who knows. It sure presented like mild covid but I never tested positive at home (they're really not very reliable) and didn't bother with a pcr as I was treating it like covid.
Great!

Sounds like it *could* have been covid. A PCR test could probably confirm that.

I'm also double boosted and always tested neg on home tests. I *think* my last PCR test was about a year and a half ago. All tests neg.

Hang in there!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'If it's COVID, Paxlovid'? For many, it should be easier to get. Here's what to know about antivirals

The problem is unfounded MD reticence. Hopefully, we all have competent and up-to-date MDs, but if not:
... A program funded by the National Institutes of Health, featured at test2treat.org, gives adults who test positive for COVID-19 or flu free access to telehealth care and treatment....
Cool, GoNIHGo.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:06 pm
'If it's COVID, Paxlovid'? For many, it should be easier to get. Here's what to know about antivirals

The problem is unfounded MD reticence. Hopefully, we all have competent and up-to-date MDs, but if not:
... A program funded by the National Institutes of Health, featured at test2treat.org, gives adults who test positive for COVID-19 or flu free access to telehealth care and treatment....
Cool, GoNIHGo.
Yeah, but their doctors and hospitals and insurance companies lose out on millions in profits - it’s communism I say, pure and simple antidemocratic uncapitatism.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:26 am
Yeah, but their doctors and hospitals and insurance companies lose out on millions in profits - it’s communism I say, pure and simple antidemocratic uncapitatism.
I don't understand. In theory, doctors and hospitals profit from severe COVID-19 infections, but insurance companies lose out.
1312. ETTD.