Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Vrede too »

Police Want to Talk to Montgomery Brawl's ‘Folding Chair Man,' Black Twitter Says ‘What Chair?’
Reggie Gray, who wielded the infamous folding chair, might have some explaining to do.

... Right now, that’s pretty much all we know about “folding chair man,” but I can tell you one thing for certain, Reggie is a wrestling fan. Only a wrestling fan would bring a folding chair to a brawl. As a lifelong wrestling fan myself, I know that the babyface only grabs a chair when the heels have been getting away with shit for so long, it’s time to defend themselves however they can. Bringing a chair into a brawl is a textbook way to ratchet the feud up a level. Just as it did with Aquamayne a.k.a. Scuba Gooding Jr., a.k.a. Swimzel Washington a.k.a. Black Aquaman, Black Twitter has Reggie’s back.

One user who seems to be thinking of Gray’s best interests, urged Black people everywhere to forget what they saw ...

:D

Comments:
He’s in a spot of trouble. If he had used the chair once, he might have been able to make a “self-defence” argument stick, but the repeated use, including the lady already on the ground ... that’s over the line.

Much like the yt dipshits who started it all, punishment will be deserved.
Agreed.
We need to have an honest conversation about the problem of white (chair) on white violence.
:lol:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

What about the women? As long as we're trying to be all equal races and all, what about pale blue suit and pink suit ladies? They were doing their share of kicking and hitting while down.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:38 pm
What about the women? As long as we're trying to be all equal races and all, what about pale blue suit and pink suit ladies? They were doing their share of kicking and hitting while down.
-0-? It doesn't sound like city officials and the cops plan on letting anyone skate.
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/st ... 538635007/

The NSAbook video at the top of the article shows teal dress trying to pull a White guy away from the fight and light blue dress (?) White woman merely trying to impede Black crew member's pursuit.

I'm not seeing a pink suit in the couple of videos I re-watched.

In this one White lady in red is trying to break up the fighting (I think) before she's knocked down, pounded on, kicked and struck by chair guy:

In theory a couple of Black women could be charged for that. This video shows the same White lady in red in cuffs in the first few seconds, but I'm not sure if video will sustain charging her.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This is wild, ancient ancient geology and sea level drop relationship to today's elections:

Cretaceous Coastlines and Modern Voting Patterns

I first learned about this on:
Human Footprint
The Ground Below

Episode 6 | 54m 53s |
Video has closed captioning.

Shane explores the history and science of cotton. A prehistoric coastline from North Carolina to Texas laid the foundation for a crop that re-shaped our history, our culture, and even our DNA.

Airing: 08/09/23
Expires: 09/06/23
Rating: TV-PG
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

An All-Out Brawl Happened In Montgomery, Alabama This Weekend, And The Internet’s Reaction Has Provided Entertainment For The Next 10 Years

Here's a different view of the White woman in light blue:

Aggressive, but she got rapidly dropped, twice.

The boat worker throwing his hat in the air before the fight was his bat signal:
BRUHHHH😂😂😂😂😭

I bet the prices of plastic chairs are skyrocketing

How did this guy make a T-shirt of the brawl so quickly?

Cracker Barrel :thumbup:
Wish me luck y’all. I’m getting ready to ask Dr. Miami for a raise - Megan

:lol:

More tweets at the link.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, they did arrest one of the women.

https://www.wsfa.com/2023/08/10/woman-a ... ont-brawl/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:16 pm

:clap:
... CNN, citing court documents, is reporting that a witness said that racist language was hurled before the brawl started. The witness reportedly gave a sworn statement to law enforcement that the slur was said as the co-captain was trying to move the pontoon boat from the Harriott II’s docking spot.

It’s unclear exactly who is alleged to have made the slurs....
Might there be a hate crime enhancement coming?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:30 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

... CNN, citing court documents, is reporting that a witness said that racist language was hurled before the brawl started. The witness reportedly gave a sworn statement to law enforcement that the slur was said as the co-captain was trying to move the pontoon boat from the Harriott II’s docking spot.

Probably all of the white boys

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:
According to Wiki charges for the 3 White men, 1 White woman and the Black wielder of the white plastic chair, no hate crime enhancements:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomer ... estigation

It's the latest thing - knocking on a neighbor's door while Black:
https://atlantablackstar.com/2023/08/16 ... usic-down/
Shooter charged with reckless conduct, a misdemeanor, not attempted murder. :roll:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Man who went after BLM demonstrators with bladed claw glove and car convicted

A Queens, New York, man was convicted on multiple counts of attempted murder for attacking peaceful Black Lives Matter demonstrators in 2020, according to prosecutors.

Frank Cavalluzzi, 57, was found guilty last week on nine counts of attempted murder in the second degree, nine counts of attempted assault in the first degree, seven counts of menacing in the second degree, criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree and reckless driving, prosecutors said on Monday.

His conviction comes after a two-week trial where prosecutors said Cavalluzzi attempted to kill Black Lives Matter activists in June 2020, over a week after George Floyd was murdered by a Minneapolis officer.

Prosecutors said that Cavalluzzi went after demonstrators while wearing gloves adorned with jagged blades and then tried to run them over driving his vehicle on the sidewalk, the Queens District Attorney's Office said.

“A dangerous man is going to jail. It’s a good day for New York and the First Amendment," Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said in a statement.

Cavalluzzi faces up to 25 years in prison for each count of attempted murder, prosecutors said. He will be sentenced on Oct. 13....
:---P

:wtf:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Could be in "Dumb Headlines" but given the content, it's here:

Headline says: "‘What Did We Do?’: Black Truckers Say They Were Denied Service Before White Server Called Cops to Remove Them from North Dakota Denny’s Restaurant Allegedly Because of Their Race"

First paragraph says: "Two Black truckers allege they were discriminated against at a South Dakota Denny’s during a rest stop. They claim not only did the waitress not serve them, but she called the police and had them removed."

North Dakota? South Dakota?

Anyway, Denny's has long been in and out of trouble for blatant racism, maybe no longer from to management, but certainly from the people they hire on down the line.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-black-tr ... 00697.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:17 pm
Could be in "Dumb Headlines" but given the content, it's here:

Headline says: "‘What Did We Do?’: Black Truckers Say They Were Denied Service Before White Server Called Cops to Remove Them from North Dakota Denny’s Restaurant Allegedly Because of Their Race"

First paragraph says: "Two Black truckers allege they were discriminated against at a South Dakota Denny’s during a rest stop. They claim not only did the waitress not serve them, but she called the police and had them removed."

North Dakota? South Dakota?

Anyway, Denny's has long been in and out of trouble for blatant racism, maybe no longer from to management, but certainly from the people they hire on down the line.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-black-tr ... 00697.html
Ftr:
Sioux Falls, South Dakota. To be fair, only Dakotans care about the difference.
... According to the men, an employee said the waitress is the wife of Mike Fletcher, the district manager of the rest stop where the Denny’s is located....

The men reached out to Denny’s corporate office and were initially ignored until the video was posted on social media and executives were made aware and responded.

... some are calling for a boycott of the restaurant, as in many of the franchises, the issues still persist.
:obscene-birdiered: Denny’s.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

New to me:

Story Of Two Black Boys Taken By 1963 Bombing Of Alabama Church Forgotten As Four Girls Remembered

Johnny Robinson and Virgil Ware presente!
Cynthia Wesley, Carole Robertson, Addie Mae Collins, and Carol Denise McNair presente!
:( :( :( :( :( :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Uncle Tim strikes again:

I mean …
Omfg. That’s all.
Painful to watch
Article
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

These people cannot possibly be real. Characters from "Hunger Games" are more believable.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:27 am
Uncle Tim strikes again:

I mean …
Omfg. That’s all.
Painful to watch
Article
Yeah he's an idiot.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:11 pm
Yeah he's an idiot.
:lol: :thumbup:

Robert E. Lee statue that prompted deadly protest in Virginia has been melted down

A statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee that was a focal point of a deadly white nationalist protest in 2017 has been melted down and will be repurposed into new works of art.

The Jefferson School African American Heritage Center, a Charlottesville-based Black history museum, said Thursday that the statue had been destroyed.

The Charlottesville City Council voted in 2021 to donate the statue to the heritage center, after it proposed a Swords into Plowshares project that would melt the statue and repurpose it into “public art that expresses the City’s values of inclusivity and racial justice,” according to the proposal submitted to the city.

The statue was taken down in 2021 after years of debate and delay.

Protests over the plan to remove the statue morphed into the violent “Unite the Right” rally in 2017. It was during that rally that James Alex Fields Jr., an avowed Hitler admirer, intentionally drove his car into a crowd of counterprotesters, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others. Fields is serving a life sentence.

Two groups that had sought to preserve the statue sued last year to try to block the city from donating it to the heritage center, but a judge tossed out their case....
:---P
Smart of the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center to melt down the statue even before knowing what will eventually be created. Hey slaver/traitor lovers, neonazis and other RWers, that's a pic of your impotence, LOSERS.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

They've now charged the Black dock worker who appeared from the start to be a victim just trying to do his job. :wtf:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/alabama-river ... 52269.html
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Race, Florida pulls way out in front

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/flori ... ments/amp/

Still just a proposed bill, but this is Florida

Melt a statue, or maybe you melted a statue 5 years ago, here’s what you could get if passed:
the bill would prohibit local governments from removing existing monuments and memorials.
Any official involved in removing or damaging the fixtures will be fined $5,000 or the cost of the removal and replacement of the monument, whichever is higher. They may also be liable for triple the amount required to restore the fixture
and could face unspecified “punitive damages.”

Those officials could be removed and replaced themselves, according to the bill.

“An elected official acting in his or her official capacity who knowingly and willfully violates this section is subject to removal from office by the Governor,” the bill’s text reads.