israel determined to start war

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

My prediction of sometime in the next year is based on my feeling that trump will initiate war in the Middle East as a ploy to be re elected. I suspect at least some of his "advisers" have told him that no president has ever lost during a war. Johnson don't count; he chose not to run.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:37 am
My prediction of sometime in the next year is based on my feeling that trump will initiate war in the Middle East as a ploy to be re elected. I suspect at least some of his "advisers" have told him that no president has ever lost during a war. Johnson don't count; he chose not to run.
Might not have to wait for 45SHOLE:

Israel's attorney general announces indictment against Netanyahu in corruption cases

Awww, I feel soooo bad for Nuttyyahoo, his ovine supporters and fanboy POSPOTUS, so bad.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:37 am
Ding, Ding, Ding! :-|| You are Shiva, the subterfuge Destroyer.

Outrage after Jeopardy! host rules Bethlehem not in Palestine
Contestant on popular US quiz show was told she was wrong for identifying Jesus's birthplace as Palestine.

... The incident took place in round one of the game broadcast on Friday, when contestant Katie Needle was given the clue: "Built in the 300s A.D., the Church of the Nativity", under the category "Where's that Church?".

Needle, a retail supervisor from Brooklyn, responded it was in Palestine but was told her answer was wrong.

One of the other two contestants, Jack McGuire, then buzzed in with the reply "Israel", which host Alex Trebek accepted as correct.

The Church of Nativity, a World Heritage Site, is located in Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank, which is internationally recognised as part of Palestine.

Israel occupied the West Bank and East Jerusalem in the 1967 War, in a move the international community never recognised.

Christian pilgrims and tourists from across the globe visit Bethlehem throughout the year, especially for religious festivals such as Christmas.

Sony Pictures Television, producer of Jeopardy!, admitted the mistake and clarified that an uncorrected version of the game was broadcast due to a "human error in post-production".

"We regret the error and we will make every effort to ensure this never happens again," it said in a statement released on Monday.

Needle, who visited Bethlehem last year, on Friday wrote on Twitter: "Palestine should be free."
What a coincidence! Guess she would know.
'Inexcusable'

... Omar Ghraieb, a Palestinian writer based in Gaza, told Al Jazeera: "What happened is inexcusable. Jeopardy! should apologise and give a clear explanation. This shouldn't just pass calmly and be forgotten."

James Zogby of Zogby Analytics, who is also a US public opinion pollster, said the incident was "an insult to history, reality, the thousands of oppressed Palestinians of Bethlehem".

Zogby recently wrote: "Suffering under Israeli military occupation since 1967, Bethlehem has slowly been strangled. It has lost most of its land to settlement construction. It is hemmed in by a 30-foot-high concrete wall, stripped of its resources, and denied access to external markets."

The United Nations says Israeli settlements in Bethlehem and other parts of the West Bank are illegal, and has called them a "flagrant violation" of international law.

'Ahistorical propaganda'

Imraan Siddiqi, executive director of Council of American Islamic Relations Arizona chapter, said the incident highlights how pervasive the erasure of Palestinian history is.

"This just shows how normalised the occupation and cleansing of the Palestinian people from the historical record has become," he told Al Jazeera.

Tamara Nassar, associate editor at Electronic Intifada, told Al Jazeera the Jeopardy! incident contributes to the "settler-colonial ideal of erasing Palestinians from their own cultural and religious sites - both in consciousness and in physical fact".

"While the audience is fed ahistorical propaganda, Israel often bars Palestinian Christians from Gaza from worshipping at Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity," Nassar added.

Christians in Gaza who plan to travel to the West Bank for Christmas or Easter have to apply for a temporary single-use permit to Israel from its Coordinator of the Government Activities in the Territories, which often arbitrarily denies many seeking the permit....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Netanyahu formally indicted in court on corruption charges

While in Washington :thumbup: .

Too bad that our DoJ says that a sitting POTUS can't be indicted. I think Mueller would have done so.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:19 pm
Netanyahu formally indicted in court on corruption charges

While in Washington :thumbup: .

Too bad that our DoJ says that a sitting POTUS can't be indicted. I think Mueller would have done so.
Tough shit for Nuttyahoo. I read a couple of days ago that trump would reveal his Middle East peace plan today, Tuesday. It must have been another lie; I've not heard of it. Or maybe Nuttyahoo was to play a big part in it and now it's all in flux. Shucks.
Edit..........opps. I just now saw that the new peace plan has been announced; there's a story on yahoo about it but I've not read it because part of the headline says "without any Palestinians" so I figure it's bound to fail and someone will go to jail just like everything else trump has a hand in turns out.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

UN rights office issues report on business activities related to settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (press release)

UN list of businesses operating in Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank

Pompeo 'outraged' by UN list of firms with settlement ties
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says he is “outraged” by the U.N.'s publication of a list of companies accused of violating Palestinian human rights by operating in Israel's West Bank settlements

His whining is the only reason I heard about the UN list. Smart. Don't be such a big fat crybaby, Pompeo. The UN and world have deemed Israel's West Bank settlements to be illegal. If you don't like free speech about them and their co-conspirators, move to the Russia that you're already serving.

Online contact pages:
General Mills: https://www.generalmills.com/ask
Motorola Solutions: https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us ... -form.html
Airbnb and TripAdvisor require a signup. I didn't.

Email:
Expedia Group email: press@expedia.com
Booking Holdings email: kimberly.soward@bookingholdings.com
Subject: Your support for apartheid

Re: UN list targets firms linked to Israeli settlements
The U.N. human rights office has released a long-awaited list of more than 100 companies it said are complicit in human rights violations by operating in Israeli settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internationa ... s-68936721

UN list:
https://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/R ... 43_71.docx

Shame on you for being complicit in violating Palestinian human rights by operating in Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank.

Get out,
(Vrede too)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

One of the biggest 1st Amendment fights of our time is over the ability to critically examine Israeli policy and US support for it:

MAGA congressman [Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ)] wants Trump administration to kill ‘anti-American and pro-BDS’ Arizona Mideast studies program

:roll: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:30 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:35 am
Arkansas Times challenges law that requires state contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel in federal court

The Arkansas Times Limited Partnership, the company that owns and publishes the Arkansas Times, is challenging in federal court a state law that requires government contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel or reduce their fees by at least 20 percent.

The suit, filed Tuesday by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas on behalf of Arkansas Times LP, says Act 710 of 2017 violates the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution by suppressing public debate. State Rep. Jim Dotson (R-Bentonville) and Sen. Bart Hester (R-Cave Springs) sponsored the bill that became Act 710, which took effect July 31, 2017....
Contractors again. Must be easier and/or more Constitutional to enact laws affecting them, or easier to get away with it than it is with government employees.
Yep, doing unconstitutional and illegal things to small contractors is easy to do and easy to get away with, says this small contractor.
Plus, apartheid Israel lovers detest free speech and our Constitution. More than 2 years later:
Court rules against Arkansas' Israel boycott pledge law

A federal appeals court on Friday ruled that Arkansas' law requiring state contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel is unconstitutional.

A three-judge panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reversed a federal judge's 2019 decision that dismissed the lawsuit by the Arkansas Times challenging the requirement. The newspaper had asked the judge to block the law, which requires contractors with the state to reduce their fees by 20% if they don’t sign the pledge.
That now shamed judge, Brian Stacy Miller, is a Dubya appointee.
... “Arkansas politicians had no business penalizing our clients for refusing to participate in this ideological litmus test," said Holly Dickson, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas, which represented the Times in the case. “Free speech isn’t a privilege you pay for, it’s a right guaranteed to every Arkansan.”
:---P
Arkansas’ law is similar to restrictions enacted in other states that have been challenged. The measures are aimed at a movement protesting Israel’s policies toward Palestinians. Similar measures in Arizona, Kansas and Texas that were blocked were later allowed to be enforced after lawmakers narrowed the requirement so it only applied to larger contracts. Arkansas’ law applies to contracts worth $1,000 or more....
:cry: :x
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I've been boycotting Israel for decades. I don't have an Uzi, have in the past specified that none of my taxes go to any sort of foreign aid to Israel, which is an exercise in only wishful thinking, and I don't send them any money myself. They still do all right....last I checked it came to about $3,500 per citizen. Has been for way too long.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:13 pm
I've been boycotting Israel for decades. I don't have an Uzi, have in the past specified that none of my taxes go to any sort of foreign aid to Israel, which is an exercise in only wishful thinking, and I don't send them any money myself. They still do all right....last I checked it came to about $3,500 per citizen. Has been for way too long.
Not that much. Total annual aid is about $3.8B. This works out to about $11.50 per American. Still too much given that it's almost all weaponry.

Yair Lapid receives mandate to form (center-left) Israeli government, oust Netanyahu

Fingers crossed, buh-bye Nuttyyahoo.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:47 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:13 pm
Not that much. Total annual aid is about $3.8B. This works out to about $11.50 per American. Still too much given that it's almost all weaponry.

Yair Lapid receives mandate to form (center-left) Israeli government, oust Netanyahu

I came up with a little more than $383, more than any other country per capita. I just don't think they need our "assistance" (money). These figures are from 2017....I believe they were much higher in the past.
About 3,830,000 results (0.82 seconds)
Search Results
How much foreign aid does the US give Israel?
Overview
Country Economic and Military Assistance FY 2017, $US millions Aid received per capita FY 2017, $US
Israel 3,191.07 383.45
Jordan 1,489.50 153.53
Egypt 1,475.61 15.13
Ethiopia 1,102.96 10.51

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:54 pm
I came up with a little more than $383, more than any other country per capita. I just don't think they need our "assistance" (money). These figures are from 2017....I believe they were much higher in the past.
Search Results
Overview
Country Economic and Military Assistance FY 2017, $US millions Aid received per capita FY 2017, $US
Israel 3,191.07 383.45
Jordan 1,489.50 153.53
Egypt 1,475.61 15.13
Ethiopia 1,102.96 10.51
:?: $3.8B, which is more than your 2017 figure, divided by 331M Americans = $11.48 per American per year. We agree that it's more than any other country. According to my link the Israel aid was highest in 1980 - nearly $5.14B. Since the US population was about 230M in 1980, that was approximately $22.35 per American. Adjusting to constant dollars would also make the current price tag relatively less than earlier years.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:54 pm
Search Results
Overview
Israel 3,191.07 383.45
Jordan 1,489.50 153.53
Egypt 1,475.61 15.13
Ethiopia 1,102.96 10.51
:?: $3.8B, which is more than your 2017 figure, divided by 331M Americans = $11.48 per American per year. We agree that it's more than any other country. According to my link the Israel aid was highest in 1980 - nearly $5.14B. Since the US population was about 230M in 1980, that was approximately $22.35 per American. Adjusting to constant dollars would also make the current price tag relatively less than earlier years.
Hominy, you not be understanding.....the per capita figures are for the countries RECEIVING the aid, not the ones giving it. Israel has a much lower population than the US but I don't know what it is. You can't base per capita US foreign aid on the population of the US. Are you tripping?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:26 pm
Hominy, you not be understanding.....the per capita figures are for the countries RECEIVING the aid, not the ones giving it. Israel has a much lower population than the US but I don't know what it is. You can't base per capita US foreign aid on the population of the US. Are you tripping?
To be fair, you did not specify whether you meant per capita receipts or outlays, and I mistakenly assumed the aggrieved latter. Either way is apt - pain to us or gain to them. I figure that each Israeli gets about $407 per year from us, then skew it towards the fat cats, the military, and Jews rather than Israeli Arabs. In 1980 it would have been much higher, and higher still in 2021 dollars. Israel gets more than anyone else in both absolute and per capita money, and has for decades.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:26 pm
To be fair, you did not specify whether you meant per capita receipts or outlays, and I mistakenly assumed the aggrieved latter. Either way is apt - pain to us or gain to them. I figure that each Israeli gets about $407 per year from us, then skew it towards the fat cats, the military, and Jews rather than Israeli Arabs. In 1980 it would have been much higher, and higher still in 2021 dollars. Israel gets more than anyone else in both absolute and per capita money, and has for decades.
To be fair, I just assumed "US foreign aid per capita" refers to the amount each foreign citizen's share of that aid would be if distributed equally. My original post about each Israeli citizen getting about $3,500 from the US is a figure I had read somewhere sometime in the past. I never checked or verified that figure but assumed it to be correct. Evidently it isn't unless that amount was for one particular year. In any case, I for one don't think Israel needs any of our money to start another war; they can do it by themselves.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 am
... My original post about each Israeli citizen getting about $3,500 from the US is a figure I had read somewhere sometime in the past. I never checked or verified that figure but assumed it to be correct. Evidently it isn't unless that amount was for one particular year.
Or it was over a 10 year period, which is how we make our deals with Israel. It would have been natural for someone to report the total bennie.
In any case, I for one don't think Israel needs any of our money to start another war; they can do it by themselves.
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 am
... My original post about each Israeli citizen getting about $3,500 from the US is a figure I had read somewhere sometime in the past. I never checked or verified that figure but assumed it to be correct. Evidently it isn't unless that amount was for one particular year.
Or it was over a 10 year period, which is how we make our deals with Israel. It would have been natural for someone to report the total bennie.
In any case, I for one don't think Israel needs any of our money to start another war; they can do it by themselves.
Peace, brother. But I can't help thinking that the more land Israel appropriates for itself, the more money they'll need to take advantage of it and that that's where we come in. And how we make ourselves more enemies because of it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:47 am

My finger crossing sucks.
Israel's "change bloc" collapses, leaving Netanyahu in charge

In a dramatic shift that comes amid fighting in the Gaza strip and clashes between Jewish and Arab citizens in Israel, right-wing kingmaker Naftali Bennett has announced he will no longer seek an alternative government to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Nothing suspicious about this deadly timing, nothing at all. :roll:
Why it matters: Bennett had been on the verge of a power-sharing deal with centrist opposition leader Yair Lapid that would have made him prime minister for two years until Lapid rotated into the job. Without Bennett, Lapid has no path to a majority, and Israel will almost certainly head for its fifth election since 2019 with Netanyahu still in his post....

What’s next: The expiration of Lapid's mandate will be followed by a 21-day period in which any member of the Knesset can form a government if they can get the support of 61 members of the 120-member body.

* During this period, Netanyahu is expected to try and pass a law to change the electoral system to allow prime ministers to be directly elected.

* Bennett could potentially strike a deal with Netanyahu to merge his Yamina party with Netanyahu's Likud to get prime spots on the Likud electoral list.

Worth noting: Netanyahu will likely wage the next election campaign while standing trial for corruption.
Lock him up!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 pm
Peace, brother. But I can't help thinking that the more land Israel appropriates for itself, the more money they'll need to take advantage of it and that that's where we come in. And how we make ourselves more enemies because of it.
Democrats abandon push to delay Biden administration arms sale to Israel

A group of senior House Democrats on Tuesday backed off a burgeoning effort to push for a delay in the Biden administration's latest weapons sale to Israel amid intensifying violence in the region, further underscoring the intraparty rift over U.S.-Israel relations.

House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.) said he decided against requesting that President Joe Biden delay the $735 million arms sale after the White House offered to hold an “informational session” for lawmakers on Wednesday.

It was a reversal for Meeks, who convened an emergency meeting Monday evening about the administration’s approval for the arms transfer to Israel. During that meeting, Democrats had agreed that they would send a letter to the White House seeking a postponed sale of Joint Direct Attack Munitions, hoping to pressure the Israeli government to enter into a cease-fire as it continues to pummel Palestinian militants in Gaza....
:roll: :x :angry-banghead: Business as usual. America is complicit. Doesn't look like we'll win this time, but we're not voiceless:
AOC, Tlaib introduce resolution to halt weapons sale to Israel

... Gaza’s health ministry says 227 Palestinians have been killed so far in the conflict; Israel says the Hamas rockets have killed 12 of its citizens.

Over the weekend, Israeli forces destroyed a building in Gaza that housed the offices of the Associated Press. The Israeli government says the building was also used by Hamas.

The renewed clashes were precipitated by a police raid at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque on April 13, the first night of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, and the threatened evictions of Palestinians from neighborhoods in Jerusalem.

“For decades, the U.S. has sold billions of dollars in weaponry to Israel without ever requiring them to respect basic Palestinian rights. In so doing, we have directly contributed to the death, displacement and disenfranchisement of millions,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a statement Wednesday.

“At a time when so many, including President Biden, support a ceasefire, we should not be sending ‘direct attack’ weaponry to [Israeli] Prime Minister Netanyahu to prolong this violence.”

Tlaib, who is of Palestinian descent and has family in the region, said in her own statement, “Approving this sale now, while failing to even try to use it as leverage for a ceasefire, sends a clear message to the world — the U.S. is not interested in peace, and does not care about the human rights and lives of Palestinians.” Tlaib spoke with Biden at a Detroit-area airport on Tuesday during his trip to the state.

... The resolution to block the sale is also being introduced by Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis., former co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. It has six additional sponsors, all Democrats....

“The Squad is gunning for a promotion from press secretaries for Hamas to defense secretaries for Hamas,” Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted Wednesday in response to the measure introduced by Ocasio-Cortez and Tlaib....
:roll: Says the slobbering, servile "press secretary" for 45SHOLE.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:49 am
Israel's "change bloc" collapses, leaving Netanyahu in charge

Nothing suspicious about this deadly timing, nothing at all. :roll:
:wave:
Netanyahu confronted by CBS anchor live on air for attacking Gaza ‘to stay in power’

... The Israel prime minister was confronted with the fact that airstrikes against Palestinians were in the face of four failed attempts to form a government and a corruption trial, in an interview by CBS anchor John Dickerson on Sunday.

"You are under investigation for bribery, fraud, breach of trust," the anchor told Mr Netanyahu. "You've also had some difficultly — four failed attempts to put together a government in the last 23 months.”

“This leads to the criticism that your current actions are basically an effort to stay in power,” Mr Dickerson continued, “and what’s your response to that?”

... Mr Netanyahu, who also faces charges of corruption and bribery, recently failed to form a governing coalition after 23 months of talks and four elections.

If no one able is able to form a coalition, Israel will face a fifth election in three years.

A fortnight of conflict between Israel and Hamas, a terrorist group in control of Gaza, has so far killed 230 Palestinians, including more than 100 women and children, according to figures from the territory’s health ministry.

In Israel 12 people, including two children, have been killed....
Joe's military aid, the hundreds of dead Palestinians and the handful of dead Israels are all campaign contributions to Nuttyyahoo.
1312. ETTD.