israel determined to start war

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:12 am
Democratic Rep. Tlaib accuses Biden of supporting Palestinian ‘genocide’ and warns of political ramifications

Thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters gather in DC, NY, London, as Israel bombs Gaza

Palestine/Israel has been a tar baby for several POTUSes over the decades. I hope Biden/Blinken somehow cope with wisdom and compassion.
I think they are much more concerned with votes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 am
Vrede too wrote:

Palestine/Israel has been a tar baby for several POTUSes over the decades. I hope Biden/Blinken somehow cope with wisdom and compassion.
And campaign donor dollars, and in the case of TRE45QN and perhaps others, Saudi bribes.

Humanity Just Witnessed Its First Space Battle
In what may be the first known instance of combat occurring in space, an Israeli defense system destroyed a ballistic missile above Earth’s atmosphere.

Early last week, Israel’s Arrow 2 missile system successfully intercepted and destroyed a suborbital ballistic missile suspected of launching from Yemen. It’s a notable technological achievement, but one with potentially serious legal and geopolitical implications.

The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) shot down an Iranian-manufactured ballistic missile using its Arrow 2 anti-missile system, Haaretz reported. The incident happened on Tuesday, October 31, with Yemeni forces possibly targeting Eilat, an Israeli city on the coast of the Red Sea. The Telegraph claims the missile was intercepted and destroyed above the Kármán line, which at 62 miles (100 kilometers) above sea level is widely recognized as the boundary of space....

This incident demonstrates not just an advancement in Israel’s defensive technology—it establishes a new paradigm in strategic military considerations. Nations around the world might have to reassess their offensive and defensive capabilities in light of this development, potentially affecting international security and arms control discourse.
:think: Rubicon, is that you?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 am
Vrede too wrote:
Democratic Rep. Tlaib accuses Biden of supporting Palestinian ‘genocide’ and warns of political ramifications

Thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters gather in DC, NY, London, as Israel bombs Gaza

Like this asshole, RepuQ Florida state representative Michelle Salzman? She's probably not your Rep, but rather reps the adjacent northern Escambia County 1st House of Representatives district.
Outrage grows after ‘chilling call for genocide’ by Florida Republican
Calls to censure Michelle Salzman, who said, ‘All of them’ when Democrat asked: ‘How many [dead Palestinians] will be enough?’

... The remarks came during a debate in the state legislature about calling for a ceasefire in Israel’s invasion of Gaza, which has so far killed more than 10,000 Palestinians, many of whom are children. The assault came after Hamas fighters attacked Israel from Gaza, killing at least 1,400 people and taking more than 200 hostage.

In the speech in support of the ceasefire resolution, the Democratic Florida state representative Angie Nixon said: “We are at 10,000 dead Palestinians. How many will be enough?”

“All of them,” Michelle Salzman called in reply.

Nixon acknowledged the interruption and said: “One of my colleagues just said, ‘All of them.’ Wow.”
:obscene-birdiered: Ultimately, this may be worse:
The Florida state house later voted 104-2 to reject Nixon’s resolution.
:obscene-birdiered: x 104.
... The Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (Cair-Florida), the US’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, said in a statement that Salzman’s remarks were a “chilling call for genocide” and a “direct result of decades of dehumanization of the Palestinian people by advocates of Israeli apartheid and their eager enablers in government and the media”.

... “Salzman’s words are incredibly dangerous and dehumanizing to Palestinians here at home and under the Israeli occupation,” the Cair-Florida executive director, Imam Abdullah Jaber, said. “She must face her party’s censure and a public repudiation from all Florida legislators.” ...
I won't hold my breath.

Genocidal Salzman supposedly had a rough early life and Army service. She was also an exotic dancer in Pensacola, nttawwt. Perhaps you saw her there :o ;)
... In April 2021, Salzman was quoted as saying that the issue holding her back from prioritizing the cleanup of a toxic landfill in her district was that the surrounding residents were Democrats....
:puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Roughly 300,000 people attend pro-Palestinian rally in London demanding ceasefire in Israel-Hamas war (video)

:shock: Israel had the sympathy of the world, but they've sure lost any PR advantage since. I don't think they care, though.

Edit:

More than 180,000 people across France march against soaring antisemitism amid the Israel-Hamas war

Good, as long as neither of these protests is about supporting Hamas or Israeli terrorism.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Part of the problem for Israel and non-Israeli Jews is that Israel has done way too good of a job linking the state to the religion/ethnicity. So when Israel does something that would otherwise be offensive, US Jews will defend it anyway. And that leads to the inability to criticize Israel for, oh, bombing hospitals, without being accused to being antisemitic. That complicates things for everybody.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:38 pm
Part of the problem for Israel and non-Israeli Jews is that Israel has done way too good of a job linking the state to the religion/ethnicity. So when Israel does something that would otherwise be offensive, US Jews will defend it anyway. And that leads to the inability to criticize Israel for, oh, bombing hospitals, without being accused to being antisemitic. That complicates things for everybody.
Yup. Irl implications:
Must have posted horrendous things, right?
"Spyglass’ stance is unequivocally clear: We have zero tolerance for antisemitism or the incitement of hate in any form,
Good.
including false references to genocide, ethnic cleansing,
What? A lot of reasonable people, including Israeli Jews say that's exactly what's going on. What else can we call it when a city of 2M is emptied?
Holocaust distortion
Did Barrera do that or is she being smeared because some Israeli govt opponents do that?
or anything that flagrantly crosses the line into hate speech,"
As defined by Nuttyyahoo's govt?
Spyglass, the studio behind Scream VII, said in a statement to PEOPLE.

Reps for Barrera did not respond to PEOPLE's requests for comment.

In one written message from her Instagram Story quoted in the report and circulating social media after the news, Barrera allegedly wrote, “I have been actively looking for videos and information about the Palestinian side for the last 2 weeks or so, following accounts etc. Why? Because Western media only shows the other side. Why they do that, I will let you deduce for yourself.” ...
That's pretty accurate and certainly can't be called "hate speech". Could be that she's wearing a Hamas flag and calling for the ovens to be fired up, but I doubt it and the article sure doesn't say so. Has she been cancelled because of "the inability to criticize Israel for, oh, bombing hospitals, without being accused to being antisemitic"? If so :angry-cussing:

Found in a different article:
... “Gaza is currently being treated like a concentration camp,” she wrote in one post on Instagram stories. “Cornering everyone together, with no where to go, no electricity no water … People have learnt nothing from our histories. And just like our histories, people are still silently watching it all happen. THIS IS GENOCIDE & ETHNIC CLEANSING.”
That's NOT antisemitic!
... Happy Death Day filmmaker Christopher Landon is taking over directing duties on Scream VII from filmmakers Radio Silence. Filming had not begun, and development had been slow amid the actors and writers strikes. Now, Spyglass is expected to recalibrate plans following Barrera’s firing. Paramount has handled distribution on the recent installments and is expected to return for the new film.

“This is my statement: 💔 Everything sucks. Stop yelling,” filmmaker Landon wrote on X Tuesday. “This was not my decision to make.”
Closest he dare get to divorcing himself from the firing without also getting fired?
Earlier on Tuesday, news broke that actor Susan Sarandon had been dropped by talent agency UTA following comments at a pro-Palestinian rally in New York City on Nov. 17.
Was she wearing a Hamas flag and calling for the ovens to be fired up? I doubt it.

What could really be going on here? Aha:
Spyglass Media Group, LLC (formerly Spyglass Entertainment) is a film and television production and finance company founded by Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum in 1998.
Cancel culture in overdrive :puke-left: :ateeth:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Notice how easily people bought into Israel's argument that it was OK to bomb the hospital because Hamas was hiding inside and using it for a "command center"? Nevermind that it doesn't look like any "command center" in pics so far, isn't that analagous to just shooting the baby the bad guy is holding for protection? If there has ever been a case where cops (even white ones) just intentionally shot a baby in order to kill the bad guy (even a black one), I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:32 am
Notice how easily people bought into Israel's argument that it was OK to bomb the hospital because Hamas was hiding inside and using it for a "command center"? Nevermind that it doesn't look like any "command center" in pics so far, isn't that analogous to just shooting the baby the bad guy is holding for protection? If there has ever been a case where cops (even white ones) just intentionally shot a baby in order to kill the bad guy (even a black one), I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about it.
It did happen in Philly, maybe when you were there, but it's very rare if repeated now.
1985 MOVE bombing

... From a Pennsylvania State Police helicopter, Philadelphia Police Department Lt. Frank Powell proceeded to drop two one-pound bombs (which the police referred to as "entry devices") made of FBI-supplied Tovex, a dynamite substitute, targeting a cubicle on the roof of the house. The ensuing fire killed eleven of the people in the house (John Africa, five other adults, and five children aged 7 to 13). The fire spread and eventually destroyed approximately 65 nearby houses on Osage Avenue and nearby Pine Street. Although firefighters had earlier drenched the building prior to the bombing, after the fire broke out, officials said they feared that MOVE would shoot at the firefighters, so held them back.

Ramona Africa, one of the two MOVE survivors from the house, said that police fired at those trying to escape.

Aftermath

[Bombing condemned by:
Philadelphia Special Investigation Commission (PSIC, aka MOVE Commission)
Multiple civil trials
City Council of Philadelphia]
Maybe the Aftermath contributes to why today's cops don't do it more often.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:25 am

[Bombing condemned by:
Multiple civil trials
[/quote]

Probably, but even that example is the exception that proves the rule. Major condemnation and widely considered a clusterfuck. Same concept should be applied to hospital bombing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:48 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:25 am

[Bombing condemned by:
Multiple civil trials
Probably, but even that example is the exception that proves the rule. Major condemnation and widely considered a clusterfuck. Same concept should be applied to hospital bombing.
Yep. Not to mention the other widespread bombing that has slaughtered hundreds (thousands?) of Palestinian children and displaced tens (hundreds?) of thousands more kids :cry:
'This Is Terrorism': Pope Francis Says Israel-Hamas Fighting Has 'Gone Beyond War'
Pope Francis held separate meetings at the Vatican with relatives of Israeli hostages and Palestinians living in Gaza.

... Francis said he met at the Vatican with relatives of some of the 240 hostages held by Hamas in Gaza, and separately with a delegation of Palestinians, whom the Vatican said had relatives in Gaza. In the VIP seats of St. Peter’s Square were people holding Palestinian flags and scarves as well as small posters showing apparent bodies in a ditch and the word “Genocide” written underneath.

“Here we’ve gone beyond war. This isn’t war anymore, this is terrorism,” Francis said. “Please, let us go ahead with peace. Pray for peace, pray a lot for peace.”

... The Hamas attack last month killed about 1,200 people in Israel. Israel’s retaliatory strikes on Gaza have killed more than 11,000 people, according to Palestinian health authorities.
Opps, I guess Spyglass Media Group would also cancel the Pope for his "antisemitism", if it could :roll:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Everyone is an antisemite.
I guess I’ve always been one for refusing to use salt pra(e)yed over by some bearded dude and refusing their hot dogs.

From now on Made in Israel won’t be purchased by me.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:00 pm
Everyone is an antisemite.
I guess I’ve always been one for refusing to use salt pra(e)yed over by some bearded dude and refusing their hot dogs.

From now on Made in Israel won’t be purchased by me.
My brothers and I did a blind hummus taste test years ago. It pissed me off that Sabra won. That didn't persuade me to buy it, but it probably did them. I did not mention politics. I don't have to be the family radical on everything.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I wondered if other stars, writers, etc would quit Scream 7 in the wake of the firing of "antisemitic" Melissa Barrera.
Jenna Ortega exits Scream 7 after firing of Melissa Barrera over Palestine posts

Jenna Ortega is reportedly no longer expected to reprise her role for Scream VII.

The news comes one day after her co-star Melissa Barrera was fired from the horror franchise due to comments she made about Israel-Palestine on social media.

According to Deadline, Ortega, 21, has dropped out of the sequel due to scheduling conflicts with the second season of her hit Netflix series, Wednesday in which she plays Wednesday Addams of The Addams Family.
"scheduling conflicts" that arose one day after Barrera was fired? :think:
... In one post on Instagram, Barrera wrote that Gaza was “being treated like a concentration camp”.
Again, that's a truth about Nuttyyahoo policy and is in no way antisemitic.
... Also on Tuesday, Oscar-winning actor Susan Sarandon was dropped by her talent agency UTA for comments she made at a pro-Palestine rally in New York City on 17 November.

“There are a lot of people that are afraid, that are afraid of being Jewish at this time, and are getting a taste of what it feels like to be a Muslim in this country, so often subjected to violence,” the Thelma and Louise star, 77, reportedly said at one rally....
That's indeed harsh, but I'd like to see the context of whether Jewish fear was being applauded and/or whether violence against Jews was being supported.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Israeli bribes and interference in US elections:

Second U.S. Senate candidate alleges being offered $20M to drop bid, run against Rashida Tlaib

:roll: These are criminal acts, lock the perps up!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Thought provoking and honest that begins to scratch the surface.

Jewish American Families Confront a Generational Divide Over Israel
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:01 am

This “Jewish state” idea runs contrary to everything our country stands for, as evidenced by our vocal opposition
Iran’s government.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:40 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

This “Jewish state” idea runs contrary to everything our country stands for, as evidenced by our vocal opposition
Iran’s government.
Were the Iranians/Muslims oppressed and targets of genocide? Does anyone think they don't have a right to exist?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:24 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:40 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

Iran’s government.
Were the Iranians/Muslims oppressed and targets of genocide? Does anyone think they don't have a right to exist?
Ask any of the tens of thousands who march twice a year through the Palestinian neighborhoods in Jerusalem throwing rock and chanting Death to All Arabs.