2022 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2022 elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:06 pm
1.7 million people looked at their ballot and said to themselves "I'm gonna vote for the R football player"
I'd say even dumber than expected.
Or maybe not so dumb. If they're voting "big picture" they just want a reliable R vote. It doesn't really matter if Hershel can read or not, and they don't expect him to introduce legislation or serve in leadership. Just vote R.
They don't even care that he would have routinely humiliated the state, guaranteed. :crazy:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:12 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:06 pm
1.7 million people looked at their ballot and said to themselves "I'm gonna vote for the R football player"
I'd say even dumber than expected.
Or maybe not so dumb. If they're voting "big picture" they just want a reliable R vote. It doesn't really matter if Hershel can read or not, and they don't expect him to introduce legislation or serve in leadership. Just vote R.
They don't even care that he would have routinely humiliated the state, guaranteed. :crazy:
I dunno, he didn't strike me as much of an attention-getter. Once in, he'd probably just do whatever he's been doing for the past few years and show up every now and then to do what his handler told him. Of course, there would be the media people who'd insist on asking him questions just for the entertainment of a response.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:24 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:12 am
They don't even care that he (Herschel) would have routinely humiliated the state, guaranteed. :crazy:
I dunno, he didn't strike me as much of an attention-getter. Once in, he'd probably just do whatever he's been doing for the past few years and show up every now and then to do what his handler told him. Of course, there would be the media people who'd insist on asking him questions just for the entertainment of a response.
That's my guess, and he didn't strike me as they type to decline responding.

I know that you have a particular interest in Wisconsin politics from contracting there:

‘I was throwing up with anxiety’: how Democrats fought back in America’s most gerrymandered state
Ben Wikler, Wisconsin’s Democratic party chair, on midterm success that means ‘democracy is going to survive in our state’

Phew. :clap:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Wisconsin, like many other states, is not exactly homogenous as to its politics. My Potawatomi were generally Dems, but they're only 15% of the total population of Forest County, which is reddish, trumping twice after voting for Obama. Pretty much like other places, with Blue cities and Red wilds.

O Really
Admiral

So that guy Santos is "admitting" that he "embellished" his resume? And saying that with a straight (no pun intended) face? No. "Embellished" is saying you graduated with a major in economics when you really had a major in recreation. "Embellished" is saying you were a manager when you were really a night shift supervisor." The dude made up stuff totally not related to reality, and when caught is still doubling down. At first, I thought he was really stupid. Now, however, if people aren't able to come up with some way to get him out, its us that are the stupid ones. I guess nobody would have really expected this level of lying. And before Trump, it probably wouldn't have happened.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:32 pm
So that guy Santos is "admitting" that he "embellished" his resume? And saying that with a straight (no pun intended) face? No. "Embellished" is saying you graduated with a major in economics when you really had a major in recreation. "Embellished" is saying you were a manager when you were really a night shift supervisor." The dude made up stuff totally not related to reality, and when caught is still doubling down. At first, I thought he was really stupid. Now, however, if people aren't able to come up with some way to get him out, its us that are the stupid ones. I guess nobody would have really expected this level of lying. And before Trump, it probably wouldn't have happened.
Even Tulsi isn't buying his shit.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:07 pm
O Really wrote:
Even Tulsi isn't buying his shit.

Are jews finally admitting that they will vote for anyone as long as they are jewish?

https://thehill.com/homenews/3789454-re ... velations/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Hell, is it any wonder that these nuts do this shit? After all, they've been able to witness trump do it for years with (mostly) no ill effects. I think that some of them just believe they can do it better than trump did. This guy better hope I never run into him while I'm carrying a sack of choice fish. I mean to have a Jewish fish, a Catholic fish, an educated fish, a fish manager, and assorted random fish. All suitable for a righteous slap. Then, after the slap proper, I will deny having anything to do with it as I pick up my fish sack and walk off.

O Really
Admiral

Most if not all employers would fire anybody caught with a fraudulent application or resume. Sometimes even after they employee has been there a while and has done a good job. And particularly for anything that had a significant part in the eligibility or selection process, such as degree requirement or specific work experience.

How can this guy get by with this?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:01 am
Are jews finally admitting that they will vote for anyone as long as they are jewish?

To be fair, that is the Republican Jewish Coalition, who by definition votes Republican, anyhow, and some unknown number of Jewish voters in that competitive Long Island district.

Then, even the Republican Jewish Coalition is less tolerant than, wait for it . . .

GOP Leadership Remains Silent Over George Santos' Falsehoods

:puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

There's gotta be some criminal violations somewhere.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:27 pm
:thumbup:

IMO GOP Leadership should be locked up on general principle. :wave:

Slightly more sincerely, if the unpatriotic and amoral House GOP gets off their cowardly asses and boots him on ethics grounds, with the subsequent appointment/special election be damned, then few will care about whether Santos broke one or more laws.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:44 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:27 pm
:thumbup:

IMO GOP Leadership should be locked up on general principle. :wave:

Slightly more sincerely, if the unpatriotic and amoral House GOP gets off their cowardly asses and boots him on ethics grounds, with the subsequent special election be damned, then few will care about whether Santos broke one or more laws.
Someone listened to me.

U.S. Rep.-elect George Santos of New York was under investigation by Long Island prosecutors on Wednesday, after revelations surfaced that the now-embattled Republican lied about his heritage, education and professional pedigree as he campaigned for office.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:01 pm
Someone listened to me.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prosecutors- ... 00617.html
Damn, neoplacebo usually has to actually send the email. Bravo. :-||
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I think I'd be looking under "who (all) did he lie to?" and "what was the purpose of the lies?" and "who benefitted from the lies?" and "who is harmed by the lies?"

If they can't find some version of fraud, theft, and possibly false reporting out of all that, then they're just a bunch of incompetents. And if they can't find anything criminal, I'll bet a civil suit by defrauded voters would work.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:52 pm
I think I'd be looking under "who (all) did he lie to?" and "what was the purpose of the lies?" and "who benefitted from the lies?" and "who is harmed by the lies?"

If they can't find some version of fraud, theft, and possibly false reporting out of all that, then they're just a bunch of incompetents. And if they can't find anything criminal, I'll bet a civil suit by defrauded voters would work.
trump lied about his heritage as well as his wealth, his taxes and his whore wife.

All I'm seeing is that jews only vote for jews. Too bad they didn't vet this turd.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:51 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:01 am

To be fair, that is the Republican Jewish Coalition, who by definition votes Republican, anyhow, and some unknown number of Jewish voters in that competitive Long Island district.

Then, even the Republican Jewish Coalition is less tolerant than, wait for it . . .

GOP Leadership Remains Silent Over George Santos' Falsehoods

:puke-left:
Wasn't it a dem district before some guy claimed to be jewish. Wouldn't that mean that some dems crossed over because of the guy's religious claims?

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:57 pm

Wasn't it a dem district before some guy claimed to be jewish. Wouldn't that mean that some dems crossed over because of the guy's religious claims?
It was a Dem district, and actually the guy before Suozzi was named "Israel" but might not have been Jewish. But the Jews that are complaining the most are Republicans, who probably have been voting R all along. There surely were some Dem crossover, and a swing of Unaffiliateds, but not necessarily because he claimed to be Jewish.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:54 pm

trump lied about his heritage as well as his wealth, his taxes and his whore wife.
Trump lied about a lot - and constantly - but he didn't totally make up his life out of nothing but imagination.