The Karen Collection

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The Karen Collection

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:07 am
I just had my 1st live Karen experience. I chose a Baptist site for a blood test because of their Everyone Wears a Mask policy.
The 60 something woman in front of me had her mask down around her chin, so I politely informed her that her mask had slipped down and she lit into me in full Karen.
The check-in lady behind the glass got up and came around into the waiting room and told her to calm down and wear her mask right, or leave.
I got out my phone in case she started throwing things but she did put on the mask and was still muttering incomprehensibly when I left.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't think it's going to be a viral Twitter hashtag, but still.

Given where you live I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ah, she probably unloaded on somebody else later in the day. You were just her warm up act.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I came oh so close to asking her if she wore her mask like that to cover all the hairs on her chin.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:54 am
I came oh so close to asking her if she wore her mask like that to cover all the hairs on her chin.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:11 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:19 am
Police handcuffed a Black realtor and his client as he was showing a home after a neighbor called and said they were breaking in

... Police told them the house was broken into weeks earlier and that a neighbor had called to say it was happening again. They said the neighbor thought she recognized their car as the same black Mercedes used by the person that had broken in.

When police arrived, the cars outside the home were a Chevrolet and a Hyundai, according to The Post....
:roll: I can't say for sure whether the police did anything wrong, but I sure wish that the racist, cowardly, almost certainly White Karen could be outed and forced to apologize to the realtor, the client and the client's son.
Responding to a call about a break-in - fine.
Calling to the people inside the house to come out - fine
Getting out the handcuffs before giving them the opportunity to identify themselves - overkill.

Questions - was there a "for sale" sign in the yard? Was this the only time the house had been shown? Were these the only people who had gone into the house while it was on the market? Or were they, just possibly maybe, the only black people who had been there?
Update:
Notice the 2 likely "for sale" signs.
... The federal lawsuit, filed in US District Court for the Western District of Michigan, seeks unspecified damages on five counts.

It alleges that six police officers violated the plaintiffs’ civil rights, including unlawful detainment and excessive force, as well as violations of equal protection.

Other counts include assault and battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The city of Wyoming, the six officers involved, and the police chief are all named as defendants....

The lawsuit claims that the plaintiffs were treated in a specific way because of their race.

“Had the Plaintiffs not been African American men, they would not have been held at gun point, would not have been detained, and would not have been handcuffed,” the lawsuit states.
House hunting while black.

Good chance the neighborhood Karen will be outed. Hah!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
I just had my 1st live Karen experience. I chose a Baptist site for a blood test because of their Everyone Wears a Mask policy.
The 60 something woman in front of me had her mask down around her chin, so I politely informed her that her mask had slipped down and she lit into me in full Karen.
The check-in lady behind the glass got up and came around into the waiting room and told her to calm down and wear her mask right, or leave.
I got out my phone in case she started throwing things but she did put on the mask and was still muttering incomprehensibly when I left.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You knew it was coming:
Karen

A racist woman takes it as a personal mission to displace the new black family that just moved into the neighborhood, but they won't back down without a fight.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:01 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You knew it was coming:
Karen

A racist woman takes it as a personal mission to displace the new black family that just moved into the neighborhood, but they won't back down without a fight.

Karen is played by Taryn
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:15 pm

Karen is played by Taryn
Yeah, I don't plan to watch.

Rotten Tomatoes

17% Critics, 24% Audience Score. One example:
"Karen" is a fictional tale about one of the worst people on the planet, and it's also one of the worst movies of 2021.
-- Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Time
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

-0-?
I've never had a Karen encounter.

I tend to wonder if I'd go off on them or would I have a moment of adultness.

A Nation On Hold Wants to Speak With a Manager
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I had a semi-Karen moment at a local warehouse store the other day.

I was buying a big bag of Chimichangas (chicken and cheese, yum). Retrieved one from the freezer section, put it in my cart. Then, I noticed that the bag had a big cut on one side. I took it back to the freezer section, got another bag, unripped. Took a chimichanga out of the ripped bag and set it on top, so the next shopper would know. When I later saw an employee on the floor, I mentioned it. Her reaction was warm and understanding, but didn't offer any indication that the problem (employees being careless with their box cutters) would be addressed. In fact the most she would say is something like "yes, there's a lot of that going on".

After I checked out I went to the the manager desk to relate the story (not to complain about the employee I'd already talked to). His reaction was much the same... "Oh, I know, there's a lot of that going on here."

I also told him that a month or two earlier I had a similar problem with fresh chicken thighs. When I got home, the package had been slit open and was leaking chicken juice all over the place. He had much the same reaction, basically, "too bad". No indication he'd do anything to counsel his staff to be more careful when opening boxes.

My gut feeling is that this warehouse store has the same problem as a lot retail businesses these days: unable to hire and retain competent employees. So, in future, I will double and triple check anything I purchase, especially food. And I will be returning damaged goods.

Buyer beware.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:41 pm
-0-?

You didn't have a service industry career? I lost count. I rarely got mean. I'd usually offer to get them a different nurse and they almost always settled down and declined, sometimes even apologizing.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:28 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:41 pm
-0-?

You didn't have a service industry career? I lost count. I rarely got mean. I'd usually offer to get them a different nurse and they almost always settled down and declined, sometimes even apologizing.
Three of them (and counting), but only one in retail. Left that one in 2001 before true Karen's were a thing.

One learns very quickly that the customer is very rarely right.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

She was eighty years old?

Don't think so, but whatever..she was charged.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Well, the old lady was in the right to oppose bike riding on the sidewalk; it's illegal in most towns in California.

However she was in the wrong to both block the kid's path and also hit him.

I also wonder if the kid was wearing a bike helmet; he should.

As for riding on the sidewalk being safer than riding on the street, not necessarily so. Cars pulling out of driveways can block someone riding a bike on the sidewalk and the bike rider could be found at fault.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:46 pm
She was eighty years old?

Don't think so, but whatever..she was charged.
Wealthy, has enough money to fake a younger age. I assume her age came from the presumably accurate charging docs.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:56 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Well, the old lady was in the right to oppose bike riding on the sidewalk; it's illegal in most towns in California.

As for riding on the sidewalk being safer than riding on the street, not necessarily so. Cars pulling out of driveways can block someone riding a bike on the sidewalk and the bike rider could be found at fault.

Depends on the age of the kid.

https://icsw.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pe ... safetyweb/

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:

It's confusing for anyone who doesn't live in a given area. Rarely is it black/white clear.
http://www.californiabikeattorney.com/c ... o%20County

According to the vid, the kid was 12. Clear to ride on sidewalks most places.