Cancel Culture

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Cancel Culture

Unread post by bannination »

I had no idea what it was... I've been meaning to look it up since it's a popular conservative term right now. Turns out, I don't have to now.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Cancel Culture

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It's the same kind of delusional nonsense that the war on Christmas and the assault on Christianity were. Just another chance to be a victim.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Cancel Culture has a long history in various religions, still practised by quite a few. Shunning = Cancel Culture. Same thing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:31 am
Cancel Culture has a long history in various religions, still practised by quite a few. Shunning = Cancel Culture. Same thing.
And more, many approved of by cons, and some others that I and probably we are okay with:

Excommunication
Witch hysteria
Banishment/exile
Women's disenfranchisement
Felon disenfranchisement
Sex offender status
Deportation
Discrimination in housing, jobs, clubs, schools, etc.
Blackballing
Boycotts
Economic sanctions
Embargoes
Jim Crow
Slavery
War/occupation, and so on.

As the video and neoplacebo point out, White cons have just coined a whiny term for the tactics they've happily used for thousands of years and still use being employed against the assholes and Nazis in their midst.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:32 pm
I had no idea what it was... I've been meaning to look it up since it's a popular conservative term right now. Turns out, I don't have to now.
Ever notice that cons whine the loudest about things they've been doing for a long time? For example ...
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Don't forget the current most popular cancel culture:

Anti-vax

(sorry if this was already mentioned)

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Greenville has an art display in Falls Park by a renowned artist. It's here until October. We're the first city on the East coast to have the displayed.

The Greenville county council withdrew 7500 in art funds to the Hispanic alliance (the sculptures were made by a Mexican artist) due to complaints of "male nudity" displayed in the statues. A petition was signed by about 1000 people. Luckily, the county doesn't have jurisdiction over the city and can't force the city to remove them. Just found out the statues are here to stay:

https://greenvillejournal.com/community ... -they-are/

I've seen them myself and never noticed any schlongs n' balls hanging from the statues in all their glory. Idk what these people are complaining about.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm
Greenville has an art display in Falls Park by a renowned artist. It's here until October. We're the first city on the East coast to have the displayed.

The Greenville county council withdrew 7500 in art funds to the Hispanic alliance (the sculptures were made by a Mexican artist) due to complaints of "male nudity" displayed in the statues. A petition was signed by about 1000 people. Luckily, the county doesn't have jurisdiction over the city and can't force the city to remove them. Just found out the statues are here to stay:

I've seen them myself and never noticed any schlongs n' balls hanging from the statues in all their glory. Idk what these people are complaining about.
Must be that Mexican male nudity is the issue. :roll: Italian male nudity is still okay:

1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Apparently it gave Lindsey Graham the vapors.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:31 pm
Apparently it gave Lindsey Graham the vapors.
Or more likely gave Lindsey a boner.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:04 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm

Must be that Mexican male nudity is the issue. :roll: Italian male nudity is still okay:

I think so too.

I can honestly say I saw no man junk when I was in falls park apart from that homeless man with the trench coat.

So Idk why they're so pissed over it.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm
bannination wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:32 pm
Ever notice that cons whine the loudest about things they've been doing for a long time? For example ...
What's really concerning is the ones they're deciding to keep while booting Cheney.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:46 pm
What's really concerning is the ones they're deciding to keep while booting Cheney.
It's sick.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GOP Rep Anthony Sabatini Schooled After Saying Socrates Would Be ‘Cancelled’ Today

State Rep. Anthony Sabatini tried to take the culture wars to ancient Greece Thursday, but generated enough mockery to suggest he should probably stick to Florida.

“If Socrates was out philosophizing in American society today, he would be cancelled real quick,” tweeted Sabatini, a Republican angling for a U.S. House seat.

His invocation of the philosopher to sell his point about so-called “cancel culture” didn’t sit well with the big brains on Twitter. From “Do you know how he died?” to “Athens cancelled him pretty hard, y’all,” the replies rolled in.

“They literally executed him you idiot,” replied Jacobin’s Luke Savage.

Fact check: True! One of the defining characteristics of Socrates’ legacy is the fact that he was tried and found guilty of corrupting the minds of youth in Athens, as well as not believing in the state-approved gods. He was killed as a result. High school students are routinely taught this, but it’s even included prominently on the philosopher’s Wikipedia page for anyone who missed that lesson.

Seth Masket, who actually teaches at the University of Denver, advised Sabatini, “Please read to the end of the Wikipedia article.”
:---P
Reading Wikipedia articles is actually pretty informative! According to Sabatini’s, he has a degree in philosophy.
:laughing-rolling:

Yeah, he's a real winner on every issue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Sabatini
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:10 pm
Pro-Trump congresswoman who replaced Liz Cheney in GOP purge announces she is pregnant

Funny, I thought that it was Cheney that got screwed.
:lol: When I saw that story the other day I started wondering who'd actually fuck this crazy woman. I came up with Stephen Miller, Roger Stone, trump, Matt Schlapp (with or without his wife Mercedes), Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, and Pat Sajak.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A cancellation that Faux Noise and other cons will never complain about:
NYC actress fired after rant over Jason Rivera funeral: Streets closed 'for one f------ cop'

... "We do not need to shut down most of Lower Manhattan because one cop died for probably doing his job incorrectly," she said. "They kill people who are under 22 every single day for no good reason and we don’t shut down the city for them."

She continued, "Like this is f–----- ridiculous. This is f–----- ridiculous. What if somebody is having a heart attack in this area? Nobody can get to them because it’s all blocked off for one f–----- cop." ...
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well, if we all got off our collective high horses for a bit, we'd admit that though her comments were crude and unadvised, that she has a valid point. People do get killed for a variety of reasons every day - sometimes by the cops, but more often just doing their job that is as if not more dangerous than the cops.

F'rinstance:
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... y/2851742/