Joltin' Joe Biden

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Joltin' Joe Biden

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:20 am
Drop out, Joe.

Nikki Heat ad: The first party to dump their 80 year old will win the presidency.
She might have a point.
Biden has always stepped on his crank, it's not new or really news except it's an election year. He's always been better off saying as little as possible.

The "report" is really partisan hackery, the type of stuff put in is not what something like this typically includes and Biden got him because Garland was bending over backwards to be non partisan.

Thanks Merrick, you chose poorly.

A seasoned prosecutor who served as special counsel on the probe into President Joe Biden's handling of classified documents has released his findings.

Robert K Hur was appointed in 2017 by Donald Trump as the chief federal law enforcement officer in Maryland.

He left that position when President Trump left office in 2021.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:40 am
Biden has always stepped on his crank, it's not new or really news except it's an election year. He's always been better off saying as little as possible.

The "report" is really partisan hackery, the type of stuff put in is not what something like this typically includes and Biden got him because Garland was bending over backwards to be non partisan.

Thanks Merrick, you chose poorly.

A seasoned prosecutor who served as special counsel on the probe into President Joe Biden's handling of classified documents has released his findings.

Robert K Hur was appointed in 2017 by Donald Trump as the chief federal law enforcement officer in Maryland.

He left that position when President Trump left office in 2021.
Yeah, I've seen those responses. Otoh, I can see where Hur needed to justify not charging Joe -0-? Leaving aside whether those lapses should have been included in the report, they are pretty big lapses :think:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"I don't recall", "I don't remember" are among the most common responses in any deposition, and the best answer if one is not certain of a precise response. Sure, Biden may miss a beat now and then, but lots of younger people do too, especially under interrogation. I think the report intentionally cast a poor light.

Nevertheless, if we could get Gavin or anybody better than Kamala, I'd go for it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:52 am

Yeah, I've seen those responses. Otoh, I can see where Hur needed to justify not charging Joe -0-? Leaving aside whether those lapses should have been included in the report, they are pretty big lapses :think:
People, especially moderates are going to be turned off on both sides. :puke-left:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ron Filipkowski

So we are going to have a campaign for the next 9 months where each side is going to point out and clip the other side’s old guy’s gaffes, mistakes, misstatements, memory lapses, back and forth?

Yes. It's effective and because they are a reasonable gauge of a pol's competency and decision making ability.

Who screws up more - our old guy or yours?

Great minds:
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:20 am
Drop out, Joe.

Nikki Heat ad: The first party to dump their 80 year old will win the presidency.
She might have a point.
Good times.

Great minds:
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:23 pm

This sucks.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am
People, especially moderates are going to be turned off on both sides. :puke-left:
:angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:29 pm

:angry-banghead:
In 2020 I gladly but not enthusiastically voted for Bide.

In 2024 I will hold my nose and hold my breath and vote for Biden, not due to policy or record in which he's actually done a good job.

He's lost a step and may fumble and stumble (hopefully) to the end of a second term, but we get to keep our country.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:41 pm

In 2024 I will hold my nose and hold my breath and vote for Biden, not due to policy or record in which he's actually done a good job.

He's lost a step and may fumble and stumble (hopefully) to the end of a second term, but we get to keep our country.
Agreed, good job on policy and record.

I'm not sure that I would vote for Joe in the primary, but there's a very good chance that I'll grab a GQP ballot, anyhow.

If NC is at all purple in Nov I will vote for Joe. If we're not purple :think: -0-?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:51 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Agreed, good job on policy and record.

I'm not sure that I would vote for Joe in the primary, but there's a very good chance that I'll grab a GQP ballot, anyhow.

If NC is at all purple in Nov I will vote for Joe. If we're not purple :think: -0-?
FWIW,
Let's not forget the sickophants double standard.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

MAGA Merrick strikes again

Biden had every right to fire this trumper years ago when he refused to investigate trump’s crimes. He didn’t.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:15 am
MAGA Merrick strikes again

Biden had every right to fire this trumper years ago when he refused to investigate trump’s crimes. He didn’t.
Garland could have edited the report or demanded that Hur rewrite it more professionally. He didn't, and it's possible the original version would have been leaked, anyhow.

There's a whole debate:
‘Confidential’ in name only: Merrick Garland’s delicate decision to release the Hur report

... And while some Justice Department veterans said the buck stops with Garland, others argued that the attorney general had no choice but to release the report Hur delivered. Hur and his team likely would have understood that their words would become public, even though the report was labeled “confidential.”

“Mr. Hur’s report had to be released unedited lest the attorney general were to be accused of protecting President Biden,” Rossi (Gene, a former federal prosecutor) said.

Gorelick (Jamie, a deputy attorney general under President Bill Clinton) said that under the circumstances it would have been “very hard not to” release Hur’s report, but that the better policy is for such reports to remain secret.

“I would say any report should be confidential,” she said. “You make a charging decision or not and that should be the end of it.”

The debate over publishing the reports by independent prosecutors dates back to the 1980s, when critics of the independent counsel law then in effect complained that those prosecutors’ reports could amount to character assassination.

“There’s just a history of mischief,” Gorelick said. “There’s just too many ways in which what happened yesterday can happen.”

By the 1990s, many liberals joined in the chorus of criticism of the law as Clinton’s administration faced seven such investigations, including the Whitewater probe. Congress let the law expire in 1999, prompting the Justice Department to issue the regulations for special counsels that remain in effect today.

Among those who raised concerns about such reports was Brett Kavanaugh, who served as a prosecutor on Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr’s staff and now sits on the Supreme Court. (Kavanaugh left open the idea, though, of a report to Congress about possible impeachable offenses.)

“As a general proposition, a public report is a mistake,” Kavanaugh wrote in a 1998 law review article. “It violates the basic norm of secrecy in criminal investigations, it adds time and expense to the investigation, and it often is perceived as a political act. It also misconceives the goals of the criminal process.”
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoJoeGo!

He's rocking it.

:lol:

Numbnuts is live tweeting TSOTU. It's hilarious.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Did anyone see any clips of the creepy skin walker rebuttal from GOP senator Katie Britt? 2/10 for her pretend human shtick.

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:13 am
Did anyone see any clips of the creepy skin walker rebuttal from GOP senator Katie Britt? 2/10 for her pretend human shtick.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1765956975584792746
Ewww, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for other short clips.

Ever notice how crucifixes are designed to draw attention to and point at cleavage? Irony.

Her intro - Golly gee, how amazing it is that a pretty White cheerleader can succeed in America. Who would have guessed? :roll:

She lies about every single thing Joe has done while ignoring the fact that ex-PINO's family-separating "secure" border was only possible with emergency pandemic powers that Joe cannot assert.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I like the forced wholesomeness vibe they were trying to go for with the green screen suburban kitchen backdrop.

Like other commentors have said elsewhere, the whole thing gives really strong AI generated vibes.

There's no sincerity at all. She's awkwardly trying to hit all of the "small town conservative god-fearing American mom lamenting the state of the world from her kitchen after sending her kids off to school" tropes like it's a checklist because people cannot separate reality from entertainment anymore.

Also her acting is really terrible and awkward.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:21 am
I like the forced wholesomeness vibe they were trying to go for with the green screen suburban kitchen backdrop.

Like other commentors have said elsewhere, the whole thing gives really strong AI generated vibes.

There's no sincerity at all. She's awkwardly trying to hit all of the "small town conservative god-fearing American mom lamenting the state of the world from her kitchen after sending her kids off to school" tropes like it's a checklist because people cannot separate reality from entertainment anymore.

Pretty sure that wasn't green screen.

Frankly, from the parts I saw it was just bizarre. I heard that she hasn't even bothered to post it on her Twitter.

That's bad.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:45 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:21 am

Pretty sure that wasn't green screen.

Frankly, from the parts I saw it was just bizarre. I heard that she hasn't even bothered to post it on her Twitter.

That's bad.
I think you're right. I saw some photos of them filming it. I think it was really her kitchen.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:03 pm

I think you're right. I saw some photos of them filming it. I think it was really her kitchen.
Look for the Katie Britt sketch on SNL this weekend.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:23 pm
Sigh, again.

Joe Biden Says He Talked To Another Dead World Leader In Repeated Anecdote

The Autumn ads for both teams are writing themselves, and they are the basis for current Nikki Heat ads.

This sucks.
Hot mic:
Yikes. Joe, are you ok? Who wants to tell Joe that Nuttyahoo is Jewish?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Perfect.