Sickophants

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Sickophants

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:58 pm
... So why hasn't Biden removed him? Is there a inviolable rule like the claim backing the man trying to destroy the post office?
A lot of commenters are asking the same thing. It's a big failure of the article to not address the question.
It will be hard for me to even consider voting for Biden. I'll probably write-in vote for Nader before I waste another vote on Biden. He's been mostly a failure to do anything to stop trump, or the other trump-like from further damaging our former attempt at democracy.
As a fellow radical I'm also frustrated that there hasn't been more along those lines, including high level prosecutions The biggest push was for a new Voting Rights Act, but Majority Leader Manchin and Majority Whip Sinema prevented that. Otherwise, Joltin' Joe has accomplished a lot, including stopping Trumpettes with a historic midterm performance. Supposedly, with the House now GQP Joe will dedicate these next 2 years to implementation of the legislative wins.

I'm hoping Joe doesn't run, but he's in a bind - withdrawing early gives the Dems the best chance for someone decent to emerge and win, but being a lame duck severely hampers Joe's agenda. I'd also be inclined to vote for a primary opponent. However, I'm with GoCubsGo - if Joe's the nominee and NC is still projected purple, I'll vote for him.
A DeSantis presidency could be the light at the end of the tunnel resulting in a backlash against these assholes.
Ugh, I'm unsatisfied with the backlash against TRE45QN and he did a lot of damage in 4 years. You just want Fascist DerSantis out of Florida. ;)
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:24 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:58 pm
... So why hasn't Biden removed him? Is there a inviolable rule like the claim backing the man trying to destroy the post office?
A lot of commenters are asking the same thing. It's a big failure of the article to not address the question.
It will be hard for me to even consider voting for Biden. I'll probably write-in vote for Nader before I waste another vote on Biden. He's been mostly a failure to do anything to stop trump, or the other trump-like from further damaging our former attempt at democracy.
As a fellow radical I'm also frustrated that there hasn't been more along those lines, including high level prosecutions The biggest push was for a new Voting Rights Act, but Majority Leader Manchin and Majority Whip Sinema prevented that. Otherwise, Joltin' Joe has accomplished a lot, including stopping Trumpettes with a historic midterm performance. Supposedly, with the House now GQP Joe will dedicate these next 2 years to implementation of the legislative wins.

I'm hoping Joe doesn't run, but he's in a bind - withdrawing early gives the Dems the best chance for someone decent to emerge and win, but being a lame duck severely hampers Joe's agenda. I'd also be inclined to vote for a primary opponent. However, I'm with GoCubsGo - if Joe's the nominee and NC is still projected purple, I'll vote for him.
A DeSantis presidency could be the light at the end of the tunnel resulting in a backlash against these assholes.
Ugh, I'm unsatisfied with the backlash against TRE45QN and he did a lot of damage in 4 years. You just want Fascist DerSantis out of Florida. ;)
Of course I don't want DeSantis. I'm just trying to find a silver lining to the inevitability to Joe losing.
My state is no longer purple. We've gone bright red in just the last 4 years, so I'll vote against Joe in the Primary and 3rd party liberal in the General.

We don’t need people willing to take multiple steps backward for every step forward.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: Whack9 most be sooo proud! Lindsey must really hate Fascist DerSantis to so abase himself, again. He could just STFU until the nomination is decided.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Steve Bannon Ran Up Huge Legal Bills and Stiffed His Lawyers

Steve Bannon—the nativist American media personality who’s backed by a Chinese billionaire—hasn’t paid the lawyers who spent years defending him against an onslaught of criminal charges ...
Surprise surprise.
With massive legal bills still outstanding, Bannon is now scrambling to find new attorneys, as he faces a looming trial over the way he scammed the MAGA crowd with a dubious plan to build a privately funded U.S.-Mexico border wall.
Go NY AG Go

Why does the MAGA crowd still worship him? :headscratch: :crazy:
Bannon’s refusal to fully pay his bills has stunned some of his close advisers who’ve stuck around for years.

“I don’t have any reason to believe he doesn’t have money,” one associate said.

After all, Bannon is a former Goldman Sachs investment banker, co-founded the rightwing news website Breitbart, made tens of millions off the iconic sitcom Seinfeld, and hangs out with Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui....
I didn't know that, Wiki elaboration:
Pivot in career into media and investing

... Bannon negotiated a sale of Castle Rock to Turner Broadcasting System, which was owned by Ted Turner at the time. Instead of a full adviser's fee, Bannon & Co. accepted a financial stake in five television shows, including Seinfeld, which was in its third season. Bannon still receives cash residuals each time Seinfeld is aired....
:puke-left: I'll never watch a rerun again. I wonder if Larry David or Jerry Seinfeld ever opined on what Bannon became.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:51 am

LOL

Do you really need to ask?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 am
Vrede too wrote:

LOL

Masochists, stupid or both?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:39 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 am
Vrede too wrote:

LOL

Masochists, stupid or both?
More of an all of the above, but they're MAGA. It's like explaining Klingons. We'll never understand, it just is.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:37 pm
:lol: Speaking of books, anyone hankering for a big dose of lies, bragging, revisionist history, and general dumbfuckery take note; Kellyanne and Pence and Pompeo (king of swagger) are all in consultation with book publishers. Anyone missing the daily stream of trumpist lies is in luck soon.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-pence-k ... 50810.html
Kellyanne's book flopped, not sure about Pee-Pee.

No one could have predicted this. ;)

Kellyanne Conway, George Conway To Divorce After Decades-Long Marriage: Report

She's single now, Whack9. :P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:36 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:37 pm
:lol: Speaking of books, anyone hankering for a big dose of lies, bragging, revisionist history, and general dumbfuckery take note; Kellyanne and Pence and Pompeo (king of swagger) are all in consultation with book publishers. Anyone missing the daily stream of trumpist lies is in luck soon.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-pence-k ... 50810.html
Kellyanne's book flopped, not sure about Pee-Pee.

No one could have predicted this. ;)

Kellyanne Conway, George Conway To Divorce After Decades-Long Marriage: Report

She's single now, Whack9. :P

Numbnuts is ecstatic, further proof that George is doing the right thing.

Staying together for the kids or religion or whatever is such a lose lose situation.

Congratulations to Kellyanne Conway on her DIVORCE from her wacko husband, Mr. Kellyanne Conway. Free at last, she has finally gotten rid of the disgusting albatross around her neck. She is a great person, and will now be free to lead the kind of life that she deserves…and it will be a great life without the extremely unattractive loser by her side!
https://truthsocial.com/users/realDonal ... 6182153084

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'm shocked! Shocked, I say. Yet another example of "anything Trump touches dies."

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Hope they were out there all night and keep their vigil for days.

O Really
Admiral

Where's a nice hurricane when you need one?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:29 am
Where's a nice hurricane when you need one?
Out of season. How about a continuous "fuck trump" themed caravan?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Maybe he needs a fully automatic weapon. He can't seem to hit all the cases of beer from 50 feet.
(Does he have a permit?)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:40 pm
Maybe he needs a fully automatic weapon. He can't seem to hit all the cases of beer from 50 feet.
(Does he have a permit?)

https://twitter.com/KidRock/status/1643090302410936323
Seems like poor shot Kid Rock overcompensates in reaction to trans. Hmmm.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Oh wait - that's Kid Rock being an idiot. I thought it was Ted Nugent. I didn't know Kid Rock was a moon barking drooler.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:35 pm
Oh wait - that's Kid Rock being an idiot. I thought it was Ted Nugent. I didn't know Kid Rock was a moon barking drooler.
Hate to break it to you....barking is right.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:35 pm
Erratic, but quite often an asshole:
Public image and Controversies
Politics and views
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Don't give anyone ideas.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Not that it ever went completely away, but it begins again in earnest.

Cue up the Qanon shit.