2020 Election Results..... here we go.....

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: 2020 Election Results..... here we go.....

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:20 am
:lol: trump was right. Dead people voted. For him. Haven't virtually all of these voter fraud crimes been committed by Republicans?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/las-vegas-ma ... 41244.html
I hope you're not saying "the only good Republican is a dead Republican"...

Because, you know, that would be wrong.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:21 am
neoplacebo wrote:
:lol: trump was right. Dead people voted. For him. Haven't virtually all of these voter fraud crimes been committed by Republicans?

No, I didn't say that. Are you grasping again? At 0330? Fuck, it's going to be a long day......

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:21 am
neoplacebo wrote:

True that. Republicans do not turn good just because they die. They increase toxicity of the soil if you bury them and pollute the air if you burn them. Even wild boars refuse to eat them.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:lol: And here's another one. This guy collected a bounty from TX lt governor Patrick for turning in a GOP voter in PA but only got $25,000 instead of the million that Patrick promised. These fuckers just cannot be trusted with anything at all.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-lt-gov ... 56112.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:21 pm
:lol: And here's another one. This guy collected a bounty from TX lt governor Patrick for turning in a GOP voter in PA but only got $25,000 instead of the million that Patrick promised. These fuckers just cannot be trusted with anything at all.
Another Repug cheater:
Las Vegas man charged with voting twice in November 2020

A Las Vegas businessman is facing criminal charges of voting twice in the November 2020 election, including with his dead wife’s ballot, Nevada state Attorney General Aaron Ford announced Thursday.

Donald “Kirk” Hartle, 55, faces two felony charges in a criminal complaint filed Oct. 6 and made public Thursday, three days after Hartle’s initial appearance in Las Vegas Justice Court, according to court records. He is due again in court Nov. 18....

A conviction on the two charges — voting more than once and voting using the name of another person — could get Hartle up to eight years in prison, the statement said.

Hartle is an executive at Ahern Rentals Inc., a company that was fined $3,000 for violations of COVID-19 mask and crowd-size restrictions while hosting a Trump campaign event in September 2020. The rally drew thousands of people to a sprawling indoor facility in suburban Henderson.

Company owner Donald Ahern also owns a Las Vegas hotel at which a national group espousing fringe QAnon conspiracy theories planned a gathering this weekend billed as a “Great Awakening Weekend.” The event promised speakers featured on Fox TV, News Max, The Victory Channel, One America Network and other sites favored by Trump....
Lock him up.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:35 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:21 pm
Another Repug cheater:

A Las Vegas businessman is facing criminal charges of voting twice in the November 2020 election, including with his dead wife’s ballot, Nevada state Attorney General Aaron Ford announced Thursday.

Donald “Kirk” Hartle, 55, faces two felony charges in a criminal complaint filed Oct. 6 and made public Thursday, three days after Hartle’s initial appearance in Las Vegas Justice Court, according to court records. He is due again in court Nov. 18....

A conviction on the two charges — voting more than once and voting using the name of another person — could get Hartle up to eight years in prison, the statement said.

Hartle is an executive at Ahern Rentals Inc., a company that was fined $3,000 for violations of COVID-19 mask and crowd-size restrictions while hosting a Trump campaign event in September 2020. The rally drew thousands of people to a sprawling indoor facility in suburban Henderson.

Company owner Donald Ahern also owns a Las Vegas hotel at which a national group espousing fringe QAnon conspiracy theories planned a gathering this weekend billed as a “Great Awakening Weekend.” The event promised speakers featured on Fox TV, News Max, The Victory Channel, One America Network and other sites favored by Trump....
Lock him up.
Hominy, I already posted about the Las Vegas guy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:22 pm
:-|| Opps, I saw your post but did not click on the link.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:44 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
No sweat. I just don't know how to post anything other than the link to a story. This is a 15 year old computer....even has aluminum siding on it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 pm
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
No sweat. I just don't know how to post anything other than the link to a story. This is a 15 year old computer....even has aluminum siding on it.
It's not your computer, it's the symbols above the BRD reply dialog box. To embed a link you:
Click on the 2 chain link icon;
Insert the headline between the 2 "url" boxes;
In the first "url" box you type an "=" after the "l", then paste the url.

Then, you can embellish with things between the "url" boxes:
Bold - "B" icon
Italic - "I" icon
Underline - "U" icon
Color - Paint drop icon
Size - Select from the "Normal" menu

Hovering over an icon tells you what it does.

Not that you have to at all, just letting you know how.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:04 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 pm
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
It's not your computer, it's the symbols above the BRD reply dialog box. To embed a link you:
Click on the 2 chain link icon;
Insert the headline between the 2 "url" boxes;
In the first "url" box you type an "=" after the "l", then paste the url.

Then, you can embellish with things between the "url" boxes:
Bold - "B" icon
Italic - "I" icon
Underline - "U" icon
Color - Paint drop icon
Size - Select from the "Normal" menu

Hovering over an icon tells you what it does.

Not that you have to at all, just letting you know how.
But don't you have an Apple computer? Without aluminum siding? Mine has a "copy as plain text" option but I tried that before and still only get the link to the story instead of the story itself. In any case, here's a followup on the Las Vegas guy who voted twice for trump.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nevada-man-s ... 36375.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:17 am
But don't you have an Apple computer? Without aluminum siding? Mine has a "copy as plain text" option but I tried that before and still only get the link to the story instead of the story itself. In any case, here's a followup on the Las Vegas guy who voted twice for trump.
:roll: They always blame imaginary voter fraud for their very real voter fraud.

Yeah, Apple, without siding or Crisco, but the BRD options should appear and work the same with your PC. Not sure that I understand your issue. You do have to copy and paste the headline and url separately. If that isn't the problem we're beyond my level of expertise.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:23 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:17 am
:roll: They always blame imaginary voter fraud for their very real voter fraud.

Yeah, Apple, without siding or Crisco, but the BRD options should appear and work the same with your PC. Not sure that I understand your issue. You do have to copy and paste the headline and url separately. If that isn't the problem we're beyond my level of expertise.
I suppose I could call up the story itself and highlight all or parts of it and then post (like I did with that sheriff that was being tuff guy with the paper delivery dude) but I may start getting the story and then copying it from now on. If a cat doesn't jump onto my face and try to kill me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Yep, they don't care. Trumpette RepuQs even lie to other Repugs about the founders:

A Trump official tried to get Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election by texting a misleading memo about Thomas Jefferson: book
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Lawyers Who Challenged 2020 Election Ordered To Pay $187,000 Legal Fees
A federal judge called their lawsuit claiming the election was stolen from Donald Trump "an abuse of the legal system."

Two attorneys have been ordered to pay nearly $187,000 in legal fees after unsuccessfully challenging the results of the 2020 presidential election in a lawsuit that a federal judge called “defamatory,” an “abuse of the legal system” and a means to foment violence.

In a ruling issued Monday, U.S. Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter ordered attorneys Gary D. Fielder and Ernest John Walker to cover the legal fees incurred by Facebook, the voting company Dominion, the nonprofit the Center for Tech and Civic Life, and officials with the states of Pennsylvania and Michigan.

“Counsel should think long and hard, and do significant pre-filing research and verification, before ever filing a lawsuit like this again,” Neureiter said. “This lawsuit has been an abuse of the legal system and an interference with the machinery of government.”

Fielder and Walker had baselessly accused Facebook, Dominion, the CTCL, and state officials of plotting to steal the election from former President Donald Trump by altering votes, using unreliable voting machines, and counting illegal votes, among other tactics. They sought $1.6 billion in damages on behalf of the nation’s 160 million voters....

The judge acknowledged that “regardless of how successful their law practices may be,” the high amount owed by the attorneys “will likely impose a degree of financial hardship.” But he said that was why he had looked to a survey on reasonable attorney rates for guidance before making his judgment. He also noted that the actual amount Facebook spent in legal fees was 16.3% higher than what it requested in compensation.

“They are experienced lawyers who should have known better. They need to take responsibility for their misconduct,” he said of Fielder and Walker.

The judge also said he recognized that the plaintiffs’ counsel had made a public appeal for financial contributions “from arguably innocent and gullible members of the public in order to supposedly hire experts to support this case.” Fielder said at a hearing that his counsel had raised approximately $95,000 from approximately 2,100 contributors.

Neureiter called that fundraising “arguably deceptive.”

“In reality, as disclosed at the hearing on sanctions, Plaintiffs’ counsel hired no experts, either before or after filing the Complaints, and did not speak to any of the alleged experts that were being used in other cases around the country,” he said. “I believe that rather than a legitimate use of the legal system to seek redress for redressable grievances, this lawsuit has been used to manipulate gullible members of the public and foment public unrest.”

Fielder and Walker did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s requests for comment on Tuesday.
:---P Maybe the donors will sue them for fraud, too.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Michigan election official who (temporarily) refused to certify result for Biden dies of Covid

No mention in the article as to whether the Trumpette was vaccinated, which leaves us free to speculate.
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 am
Judge rules that Sidney Powell and Lin Wood engaged in 'historic and profound abuse' of legal system, approves punishment

A US judge has ruled that the pro-Trump attorneys who sued Michigan officials over false claims they broke state election law and manipulated the vote will have to pay the defendants' legal fees and face sanctions over unethical behavior.

The decision stems from a lawsuit filed by the Sidney Powell and L. Lin Wood, among others, following former President Donald Trump's defeat in the 2020 election. President Joe Biden won Michigan by more than 155,000 votes in what state and national officials described as an election that was "the most secure in American history."

In a scathing ruling issued on Thursday, US District Judge Linda V. Parker said Powell and Wood had engaged in a "historic and profound abuse of the judicial process." Their claims - made against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, the City of Detroit, and state election officials - were not just flimsy and unfounded, alleging a massive and implausible conspiracy to steal the election, Parker said, but actively harmful.

This case "was never about fraud - it was about undermining the People's faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so," the judge wrote.

Thursday's order grants the defendants' motion for unspecified sanctions, instructs the attorneys to pay any fees incurred by their litigation, and instructs the lawyers to complete at least 12 hours of legal education within the next six months on election law and pleading standards. The order also refers to them for potentially further disciplinary action, including disbarment.
:---P
Parker provided numerous instances of what she termed legal abuse. In one example, the lawyers claimed to have evidence that votes were changed by election workers. Asked for evidence, they presented an affidavit from a woman who said only that "I believe some of these workers were changing votes." Asked if that woman had actually seen that, "The Court was met with silence."

In another instance, the judge noted that the lawyers claimed ballots were run through tabulation machine more than once - and that there is no legal reason to do so. "But bafflingly, Plaintiff's counsel did not offer a cite to the law violated," the judge wrote. In fact, however, there are a "myriad of reasons" why ballots might be run through a machine several times, such as if the reader is jammed....
:lol:
Pro-Trump lawyers ordered to pay $175,000 for 'frivolous' election lawsuit

Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, and other lawyers, "awarded to Michigan and the City of Detroit".

:---P x 175,000.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1 year ago:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:55 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:52 am
Say it loud!

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER CHUCK SCHUMER!
Yeah, and Senate MINORITY Leader Moscow Mitch!
Worthless toad.
Some rain on the parade - It may appear that Schumer is in charge, but the real Senate Majority Leader will be Joe Manchin, D(INO)-WV.
Semi-worthless toad.
That said, far better than no parade at all.
:wave: :( :x

One year of 'President Manchin': For the Democratic agenda, all roads go through West Virginia
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Venezuelan man files $250 million lawsuit against Fox News and Sidney Powell after baseless accusations that he rigged 2020 election results

A Venezuelan businessman filed a defamation lawsuit this month against Fox News, its former host Lou Dobbs, and Sidney Powell, alleging they falsely implicated him in an election-rigging scheme and demanding $250 million in damages.

The businessman, Majed Khalil, says Dobbs and Powell wrongly wrapped him up in their conspiracy theory that Smartmatic and Dominion Voting Systems — two rival election-technology companies — worked to rig the 2020 presidential election against then-President Donald Trump and in favor of now-President Joe Biden....
:happy-cheerleaderkid: Bleed them dry.
Georgia poll workers falsely accused of electoral fraud sue Rudy Giuliani, One America News

... Giuliani was the Trump official who argued there was an international conspiracy to keep Trump from winning re-election during a November 19, 2020 press conference, according to NBC News.

His claims have been debunked repeatedly and in June they compelled an appeals court judge in New York to revoke his license to practice law in the state.

State and federal judges have dismissed more than 50 lawsuits filed by Trump and his allies that challenged the 2020 election results, according to Reuters.

At least eight of those judges were previously appointed by Trump himself, according to the Washington Post.

The 80+ page complaint filed Thursday specifically referenced an edited security camera video of unidentified people, including Freeman and Moss, counting ballots after the 2020 election.

The suit said Trump campaign officials published the video on December 3, 2020. The former president and others have claimed the video shows Freeman and Moss rigging votes.

Their false message was amplified on OAN, the lawsuit pointed out. Other prominent cable news networks, including Fox News, have conceded Biden won the 2020 election fair and square. Some Fox News pundits, including Tucker Carlson, have continued to suggest the election was rigged.

“OAN, its hosts, and its staff leveraged Giuliani’s unsupported factual assertions and almost immediately published them to millions of its viewers and readers, subsequently adding Ms. Freeman’s and Ms. Moss’s names and leveling additional accusations of criminal fraud against them,” the lawsuit said.

Those claims have led to Freeman and Moss receiving death threats from supporters of the former president who believe his false allegations that the election was stolen.

“Ms. Freeman and Ms. Moss have become the objects of vitriol, threats, and harassment,” the lawsuit said. “They found themselves in this unenviable position not based on anything they did, but instead because of a campaign of malicious lies designed to accuse them of interfering with a fair and impartial election, which is precisely what each of them swore an oath to protect.” ...
Bleed them dry, too.

Not that whiny wingnut Trumpettes will ever believe it:

Georgia review found just four deceased voters' ballots cast in 2020 election

I'll bet that they were RepuQ fraudsters, too.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Another one bites the dust:

Nothing Resembling Fraud Detected in Initial Findings of Texas Election Audit Trump Pushed for Desperately

Trumpettes like Supsalemgr will either ignore the GOP findings or write them off as part of the conspiracy against their idol.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:25 pm
Another one bites the dust:

Nothing Resembling Fraud Detected in Initial Findings of Texas Election Audit Trump Pushed for Desperately

Trumpettes like Supsalemgr will either ignore the GOP findings or write them off as part of the conspiracy against their idol.
:lol: Super salad has bought the ticket and must take the ride. No matter what. No way to back out of it. No choice but to go with it. :wave: