.Oomba.
The Janitor

Re: The Death of Qanon

Unread post by .Oomba. »

Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 am
.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:28 amI wish contemplative people would
stop associating Christ with fascism.

It's just lazy.
:headscratch: We're in a Qanon thread. I don't associate Christ with fascism. I associate christofascists, and only christofascists, with fascism. For example,
neoplacebo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:45 amHell, it's a regular epidemic.....this business with the daughter and granddaughter the other day, my seven years younger sister is a member of the Christian Taliban, the trump cult of lies and ignorance, and a vaccine freedom fighter. Her husband quit his six figure salary job at a drug company when the company instituted a vaccine mandate during the covid outbreak, and of course he also is a member in good standing with the Christian Taliban as well as the trump cult of petulant grievance. The whole goddamn family has gone crazy....
Most Christians, by far, are not fascists. In fact, I can't think of any teachings directly credited to Christ that are fascist. "It's just lazy" not to ask before making assumptions.
Point taken. Still, the term Christofascism
strongly associates Christ with fascism, no?

I quibble more with the use of the word
than I do with your impeccable argument.

I also must note that, come to think about it,
most fascists I hear do claim to be Christians.

That's even more reason to reject the term.
They call me Creamy Tawdry.
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

GoCubsGo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:27 pm
.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:28 am

I wish contemplative people would
stop associating Christ with fascism.

It's just lazy.
Lazier to say there's no fascist Christian fundamentalists, especially in the Qanon cult. Especially as they're the ones touting it.
I get it. I'm just not a fan of intellectual laziness either way.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

.Oomba. wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:42 am
Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 am :headscratch: We're in a Qanon thread. I don't associate Christ with fascism. I associate christofascists, and only christofascists, with fascism.

Most Christians, by far, are not fascists. In fact, I can't think of any teachings directly credited to Christ that are fascist. "It's just lazy" not to ask before making assumptions.

I don't agree with your gripe. There are many christian pacifists such as the amazing Plowshares movement. However, if I used the word christopacifist you and I both know that it's real world inaccurate to strongly associate Christ with pacifism, though it might be a better planet if we could.

I'm sorry that it upsets you, but extreme RW christianity is a major player in American society and around the world. Beyond being con it has specific attributes that harken back to the fascism of 80 years ago - antisemitism, homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia, White supremacy, fondness for authoritarians and uber violence.

However, my disgust is not reserved for christofascists. I feel exactly the same way about repressive islamofascist societies, jewish fascists maintaining apartheid and currently engaged in genocide and ethnic cleansing, the hindufascism now gripping India, and other fascists without any religious affiliation like the Russian fascists that are only loosely aligned with their Orthodox Church. TRE45QN falls in this latter category, though he is in a sick alliance with our evangelical fascists.

When there is a significant subset of American fascism that is openly motivated by christian ideology, what should we call them?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

Vrede too wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:28 am
.Oomba. wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:42 am
Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 am :headscratch: We're in a Qanon thread. I don't associate Christ with fascism. I associate christofascists, and only christofascists, with fascism.

I don't agree with your gripe. There are many christian pacifists such as the amazing Plowshares movement. However, if I used the word christopacifist you and I both know that it's real world inaccurate to strongly associate Christ with pacifism, though it might be a better planet if we could.

I'm sorry that it upsets you, but extreme RW christianity is a major player in American society and around the world. Beyond being con it has specific attributes that harken back to the fascism of 80 years ago - antisemitism, homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia, White supremacy, fondness for authoritarians and uber violence.

However, my disgust is not reserved for christofascists. I feel exactly the same way about repressive islamofascist societies, jewish fascists maintaining apartheid and currently engaged in genocide and ethnic cleansing, the hindufascism now gripping India, and other fascists without any religious affiliation like the Russian fascists that are only loosely aligned with their Orthodox Church. TRE45QN falls in this latter category, though he is in a sick alliance with our evangelical fascists.

When there is a significant subset of American fascism that is openly motivated by christian ideology, what should we call them?
Firstly, whenever it was, maybe 15 years ago,
I was a merciless assailant of anyone who used
the word Islamofascist. I decried it as a lazy
word then, just as I decry the casual use of anything
like Christofascist now. And especially in context:
However, if I used the word christopacifist you and I both know
that it's real world inaccurate to strongly associate Christ with pacifism.
That is an incorrect interpretation. If you have come to believe
that Christ should not be strongly associated with pacifism, I can
only wonder about the motives of those who would so deceive you.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You don't think that SOME so-called islamic groups and nations are fascist? We may just have to agree to disagree on the whole topic?
.Oomba. wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:22 am
Vrede too wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:28 amHowever, if I used the word christopacifist you and I both know that it's real world inaccurate to strongly associate Christ with pacifism.
I think you missed the phrase "real world" in my post. I get that the ideal is vastly different from christian practice. The church floats on a 2000 year old ocean of blood.

You said that you liked my previous signature:
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion (to which few members of other civilizations were converted) but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
-- Samuel P. Huntington
Most of these Western nations that excel at organized violence, like the US, are solidly christian. Pacifists are largely MIA.

Also, I'm 66 years old. Stop treating me like an adolescent Stockholm Syndrome sufferer. I am responsible for my own education and conclusions, and I stand behind them without resort to blaming some unnamed influencers that I'm supposedly in thrall to.
1312. ETTD.
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

You guys seem to be doing a good job on this issue, but since nobody asked my opinion, here it is. Starting with the generic description of fascism,
Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/ FASH-iz-əm) is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement,[1][2][3] characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy

Clearly it's open to anybody of any (or no) religious belief. But it would seem that when a religion is expressed as a basis or motivating source for the fascist actions, it would seem reasonable to attach that religion as a modifier of the term "fascist." It has really nothing to do with the actual teachings of Christ (or Mohammed, or Buddha) but only with what the people call themselves. Sad truth is, a lot (maybe most) people currently calling themselves "Christian" aren't very much in line with actual Christ teachings.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:45 pm You guys seem to be doing a good job on this issue, but since nobody asked my opinion, here it is. Starting with the generic description of fascism,
Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/ FASH-iz-əm) is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement,[1][2][3] characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy

Clearly it's open to anybody of any (or no) religious belief. But it would seem that when a religion is expressed as a basis or motivating source for the fascist actions, it would seem reasonable to attach that religion as a modifier of the term "fascist." It has really nothing to do with the actual teachings of Christ (or Mohammed, or Buddha) but only with what the people call themselves. Sad truth is, a lot (maybe most) people currently calling themselves "Christian" aren't very much in line with actual Christ teachings.
Bingo
So easy

a typical American-fascist or christofascists message from the people who claim that we are a Christian nation founded in Christianity by true christians following in the path of Jesus.

Bow down to us, or
“we'll put a boot in your ass
It's the American way”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:17 pm
O Really wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:45 pm You guys seem to be doing a good job on this issue, but since nobody asked my opinion, here it is.

Bingo
So easy

a typical American-fascist or christofascists message from the people who claim that we are a Christian nation founded in Christianity by true christians following in the path of Jesus.

Bow down to us, or
It's the American way”
Ditto x 2. Thanks, guys.
1312. ETTD.
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

Vrede too wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:26 am You don't think that SOME so-called islamic groups and nations are fascist? We may just have to agree to disagree on the whole topic?
.Oomba. wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:22 am
Vrede too wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:28 amHowever, if I used the word christopacifist you and I both know that it's real world inaccurate to strongly associate Christ with pacifism.
I think you missed the phrase "real world" in my post. I get that the ideal is vastly different from christian practice. The church floats on a 2000 year old ocean of blood.

You said that you liked my previous signature:
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion (to which few members of other civilizations were converted) but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
-- Samuel P. Huntington
Most of these Western nations that excel at organized violence, like the US, are solidly christian. Pacifists are largely MIA.

Also, I'm 66 years old. Stop treating me like an adolescent Stockholm Syndrome sufferer. I am responsible for my own education and conclusions, and I stand behind them without resort to blaming some unnamed influencers that I'm supposedly in thrall to.
All your protestations aside, grasshopper,
I reserve the right to defend the person of
Christ from any charges of overt fascism.
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

O Really wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:45 pm You guys seem to be doing a good job on this issue, but since nobody asked my opinion, here it is. Starting with the generic description of fascism,

Bingo
So easy

Bow down to us, or
It's the American way”
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:26 am

Bingo
So easy

Bow down to us, or
It's the American way”
Do you consider any of the people you describe to be followers of Christ?
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:14 amAll your protestations aside, grasshopper,
I reserve the right to defend the person of
Christ from any charges of overt fascism.
:headscratch: Pending billy.pilgrim educating me otherwise ;) , I support your defense of "the person of Christ from any charges of overt fascism."

Once again, cicada, 'christofascists' refers to SOME self-professed christians, NOT to Christ. Okay?
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 am
.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:26 am

Bingo
So easy

Bow down to us, or
It's the American way”
Do you consider any of the people you describe to be followers of Christ?
Absolutely I do not and I’ve never known Vrede to do so either.
Butthese hate filled my way or the highway punks absolutely do consider themselves to be the perfect little big C Christians.
Hell, these days not only do people like trump consider themselves to be Christians, close to most American christians consider trump as one of theirs.

Do you dispute that hate and fascism, or similar, have hidden behind Jesus for over a thousand years?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 amDo you consider any of the people you describe to be followers of Christ?
Not up to me to say. There are as many biblical interpretations as there are interpreters. The former lead to a small minority being pacifist and many being anti-authoritarian. However, the fact remains that billions or at least hundreds of millions of christians have supported the uber-violence of the Crusades, the Inquisition, colonialism, slavery, The Troubles, antisemitism, Mussolini, Naziism, Western imperialism, Jim Crow, "Pax" Americana, islamophobia, nuclear holocaust preparations, etc.

Which ones were "real" followers of Christ and not? Idk. I'll just settle for calling out the ones that are fascist. The definition of "fascist" is narrower than that of "christian". The world will be a better place if more christoliberals and christopacifists join me in calling out the christofascists. They need to be drowned out as being unacceptable in decent society.
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:18 am
.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 amDo you consider any of the people you describe to be followers of Christ?
Not up to me to say. There are as many biblical interpretations as there are interpreters. The former lead to a small minority being pacifist and many being anti-authoritarian. However, the fact remains that billions or at least hundreds of millions of christians have supported the uber-violence of the Crusades, the Inquisition, colonialism, slavery, The Troubles, antisemitism, Mussolini, Naziism, Western imperialism, Jim Crow, "Pax" Americana, islamophobia, nuclear holocaust preparations, etc.

Which ones were "real" followers of Christ and not? Idk. I'll just settle for calling out the ones that are fascist. The definition of "fascist" is narrower than that of "christian". The world will be a better place if more christoliberals and christopacifists join me in calling out the christofascists. They need to be drowned out as being unacceptable in decent society.
John Prine

“Some humans ain't human
Though they walk like we do
They live and they breathe
Just to turn your old screw

They screw you when you're sleeping
They try to screw you blind
Some humans ain't human
Some people ain't kind

You might go to church
You sit down in a pew
Those humans who ain't human
Could be sittin' right next to you”
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I think part of the issue is that the standard of being able to claim to be "Christian" is way too low, and doesn't necessarily include adherence to the principles actually taught by Christ. By their own standards, one can become a Christian through only belief and faith. Most Christian denominations don't police their congregation very well, nor try to weed out those who violate fundamentals. Jesus was a peacemaker. Most professed Christians through the years have not been. Jesus was not concerned with "earthly treasures." Most professed Christians are. Jesus was tolerant of others and was reported to have said " Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." Most professed Christians can't manage most of that.

"Christian" does not equal follower of Christ.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I'd say both the terms "Christian" and "Republican" have experienced a rather radical re definition in the past ten years or so.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 amI'd say both the terms "Christian" and "Republican" have experienced a rather radical re definition in the past ten years or so.
They've tried to redefine "fascism", too, applying it to lefties even though by its very definition it's RW. Idk if they're deliberately trying to disguise their own fascism or if they're just stupid and whiny.

Anyhow, christofascists, what christofascists?
Trump allies prepare to infuse ‘Christian nationalism’ in second administration

... Christian nationalists in America believe that the country was founded as a Christian nation and that Christian values should be prioritized throughout government and public life.
Historical revisionism.
As the country has become less religious and more diverse, Vought has embraced the idea that Christians are under assault and has spoken of policies he might pursue in response.
Perpetual victims.

"invoking the Insurrection Act on Day One to quash protests"
"refusing to spend authorized congressional funds on unwanted projects"
Repressive dictatorship.
... Vought has promoted a restrictionist immigration agenda, saying a person’s background doesn’t define who can enter the U.S., but rather, citing Biblical teachings, whether that person “accept[ed] Israel's God, laws and understanding of history."

Vought has a close affiliation with Christian nationalist William Wolfe, a former Trump administration official who has advocated for overturning same-sex marriage, ending abortion and reducing access to contraceptives.
Riiight, no Christ-justified fascism there, none at all :roll:
... Trump allies who’ve constructed a detailed plan to dismantle or overhaul key agencies in a second term. Among other principles, the project’s “Mandate for Leadership” states that “freedom is defined by God, not man.”
Theocracy.
... . Trump formed a political alliance with evangelicals during his first run for office, delivered them a six to three conservative majority on the Supreme Court and is now espousing the Christian right’s long-running argument that Christians are so severely persecuted that it necessitates a federal response.
Again, victimology :violin:
In a December campaign speech in Iowa, he said “Marxists and fascists” are “going hard” against Catholics.
Craftily deceptive or just an illiterate moron?
“Upon taking office, I will create a new federal task force on fighting anti-Christian bias to be led by a fully reformed Department of Justice that’s fair and equitable” and that will “investigate all forms of illegal discrimination.”
:cry: :cry: :cry:
On the eve of the Iowa caucuses, Trump promoted on his social media a video that suggests his campaign is, actually, a divine mission from God.

In 2019, Trump’s then-secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, set up a federal commission to define human rights based on the precepts Vought describes, specifically “natural law and natural rights.” Natural law is the belief that there are universal rules derived from God that can’t be superseded by government or judges. While it is a core pillar of Catholicism, in recent decades it’s been used to oppose abortion, LGBTQ+ rights and contraception.
:sick: :sick: :sick:
... Vought and his ideological brethren would not shy from using their administration positions to promote Christian doctrine and imbue public policy with it, according to both people familiar with the matter, granted anonymity to avoid retaliation. He makes clear reference to human rights being defined by God, not man.

America should be recognized as a Christian nation “where our rights and duties are understood to come from God,” Vought wrote two years ago in Newsweek.
Theocracy.
“It is a commitment to an institutional separation between church and state, but not the separation of Christianity from its influence on government and society,” he continued, noting such a framework “can lead to beneficial outcomes for our own communities, as well as individuals of all faiths.”
Gibberish.
... Trump will have a major platform to convey his vision for Christian policy in a second term when, on Feb. 22, he addressesa National Religious Broadcasters forum in Nashville. The group is the world’s largest association of Christian communicators.
Tomorrow. Pay attention.
Trump is also talking about bringing his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, a vocal proponent of Christian nationalism, back into office. Flynn is currently focused on recruiting what he calls an “Army of God” — as he barnstorms the country promoting his vision of putting Christianity at the center of American life.
Pizzagate Michael Flynn.
... Vought often echoes Wolfe’s principles, including on immigration. “Jesus Christ wasn’t an open-borders socialist,” Wolfe wrote for The Daily Caller in April while a visiting CRA fellow....
Umm, Jesus crossed borders without hindrance and lived communally with other men, nttawwt.
... Vought defended the widely-criticized practice of family separation at the border during the Trump years, telling the audience “the decision to defend the rule of law necessitates the separation of families.”
Hateful christofascism.
The Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025 offers more visibility into what policy agenda a future Trump administration might pursue. It says policies that support LGBTQ+ rights, subsidize “single-motherhood” and penalize marriage should be repealed because subjective notions of “gender identity” threaten “Americans’ fundamental liberties.”

It also proposes increasing surveillance of abortion and maternal mortality reporting in the states, compelling the Food and Drug Administration to revoke approval of “chemical abortion drugs” and protecting “religious and moral” objections for employers who decline contraception coverage for employees. One of the groups that partners with Project 2025, Turning Point USA, is among conservative influencers that health professionals have criticized for targeting young women with misleading health concerns about hormonal birth control. Another priority is defunding Planned Parenthood, which provides reproductive health care to low-income women.

Wolfe, who has deleted several posts on X that detail his views, has a more extreme outlook of what a government led by Christian nationalists should propose. In a December post, he called for ending sex education in schools, surrogacy and no-fault divorce throughout the country, as well as forcing men “to provide for their children as soon as it’s determined the child is theirs” — a clear incursion by the government into Americans’ private lives.
Hateful misogyny.
... The effort to imbue laws with biblical principles is already underway in some states. In Texas, Christian conservative supporters have pressured the legislature to require public schools to display the Ten Commandments in every classroom; targeted prohibitions on churches against direct policy advocacy and organized campaigns around “culture war” issues, including curbing LGBTQ+ rights, banning books and opposing gun safety laws.

“There’s been a tectonic shift in how the leadership of the religious right operates,” said Matthew Taylor, a scholar at the Institute for Islamic, Christian and Jewish Studies, who grew up evangelical. “These folks aren’t as interested in democracy or working through democratic systems as in the old religious right because their theology is one of Christian warfare.”
Not just theory, christofascism is here. Crap.

I do appreciate that the christofascists have such good timing in aggressively ending this tangent :P
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:28 pm
neoplacebo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 amI'd say both the terms "Christian" and "Republican" have experienced a rather radical re definition in the past ten years or so.
They've tried to redefine "fascism", too, applying it to lefties even though by its very definition it's RW. Idk if they're deliberately trying to disguise their own fascism or if they're just stupid and whiny.

Anyhow, christofascists, what christofascists?
Trump allies prepare to infuse ‘Christian nationalism’ in second administration

... Christian nationalists in America believe that the country was founded as a Christian nation and that Christian values should be prioritized throughout government and public life.
Historical revisionism.
As the country has become less religious and more diverse, Vought has embraced the idea that Christians are under assault and has spoken of policies he might pursue in response.
Perpetual victims.

"invoking the Insurrection Act on Day One to quash protests"
"refusing to spend authorized congressional funds on unwanted projects"
Repressive dictatorship.
... Vought has promoted a restrictionist immigration agenda, saying a person’s background doesn’t define who can enter the U.S., but rather, citing Biblical teachings, whether that person “accept[ed] Israel's God, laws and understanding of history."

Vought has a close affiliation with Christian nationalist William Wolfe, a former Trump administration official who has advocated for overturning same-sex marriage, ending abortion and reducing access to contraceptives.
Riiight, no Christ-justified fascism there, none at all :roll:
... Trump allies who’ve constructed a detailed plan to dismantle or overhaul key agencies in a second term. Among other principles, the project’s “Mandate for Leadership” states that “freedom is defined by God, not man.”
Theocracy.
... . Trump formed a political alliance with evangelicals during his first run for office, delivered them a six to three conservative majority on the Supreme Court and is now espousing the Christian right’s long-running argument that Christians are so severely persecuted that it necessitates a federal response.
Again, victimology :violin:
In a December campaign speech in Iowa, he said “Marxists and fascists” are “going hard” against Catholics.
Craftily deceptive or just an illiterate moron?
“Upon taking office, I will create a new federal task force on fighting anti-Christian bias to be led by a fully reformed Department of Justice that’s fair and equitable” and that will “investigate all forms of illegal discrimination.”
:cry: :cry: :cry:
On the eve of the Iowa caucuses, Trump promoted on his social media a video that suggests his campaign is, actually, a divine mission from God.

In 2019, Trump’s then-secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, set up a federal commission to define human rights based on the precepts Vought describes, specifically “natural law and natural rights.” Natural law is the belief that there are universal rules derived from God that can’t be superseded by government or judges. While it is a core pillar of Catholicism, in recent decades it’s been used to oppose abortion, LGBTQ+ rights and contraception.
:sick: :sick: :sick:
... Vought and his ideological brethren would not shy from using their administration positions to promote Christian doctrine and imbue public policy with it, according to both people familiar with the matter, granted anonymity to avoid retaliation. He makes clear reference to human rights being defined by God, not man.

America should be recognized as a Christian nation “where our rights and duties are understood to come from God,” Vought wrote two years ago in Newsweek.
Theocracy.
“It is a commitment to an institutional separation between church and state, but not the separation of Christianity from its influence on government and society,” he continued, noting such a framework “can lead to beneficial outcomes for our own communities, as well as individuals of all faiths.”
Gibberish.
... Trump will have a major platform to convey his vision for Christian policy in a second term when, on Feb. 22, he addressesa National Religious Broadcasters forum in Nashville. The group is the world’s largest association of Christian communicators.
Tomorrow. Pay attention.
Trump is also talking about bringing his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, a vocal proponent of Christian nationalism, back into office. Flynn is currently focused on recruiting what he calls an “Army of God” — as he barnstorms the country promoting his vision of putting Christianity at the center of American life.
Pizzagate Michael Flynn.
... Vought often echoes Wolfe’s principles, including on immigration. “Jesus Christ wasn’t an open-borders socialist,” Wolfe wrote for The Daily Caller in April while a visiting CRA fellow....
Umm, Jesus crossed borders without hindrance and lived communally with other men, nttawwt.
... Vought defended the widely-criticized practice of family separation at the border during the Trump years, telling the audience “the decision to defend the rule of law necessitates the separation of families.”
Hateful christofascism.
The Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025 offers more visibility into what policy agenda a future Trump administration might pursue. It says policies that support LGBTQ+ rights, subsidize “single-motherhood” and penalize marriage should be repealed because subjective notions of “gender identity” threaten “Americans’ fundamental liberties.”

It also proposes increasing surveillance of abortion and maternal mortality reporting in the states, compelling the Food and Drug Administration to revoke approval of “chemical abortion drugs” and protecting “religious and moral” objections for employers who decline contraception coverage for employees. One of the groups that partners with Project 2025, Turning Point USA, is among conservative influencers that health professionals have criticized for targeting young women with misleading health concerns about hormonal birth control. Another priority is defunding Planned Parenthood, which provides reproductive health care to low-income women.

Wolfe, who has deleted several posts on X that detail his views, has a more extreme outlook of what a government led by Christian nationalists should propose. In a December post, he called for ending sex education in schools, surrogacy and no-fault divorce throughout the country, as well as forcing men “to provide for their children as soon as it’s determined the child is theirs” — a clear incursion by the government into Americans’ private lives.
Hateful misogyny.
... The effort to imbue laws with biblical principles is already underway in some states. In Texas, Christian conservative supporters have pressured the legislature to require public schools to display the Ten Commandments in every classroom; targeted prohibitions on churches against direct policy advocacy and organized campaigns around “culture war” issues, including curbing LGBTQ+ rights, banning books and opposing gun safety laws.

“There’s been a tectonic shift in how the leadership of the religious right operates,” said Matthew Taylor, a scholar at the Institute for Islamic, Christian and Jewish Studies, who grew up evangelical. “These folks aren’t as interested in democracy or working through democratic systems as in the old religious right because their theology is one of Christian warfare.”
Not just theory, christofascism is here. Crap.

I do appreciate that the christofascists have such good timing in aggressively ending this tangent :P
Possibly the scariest thing I’ve ever read
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 amPossibly the scariest thing I’ve ever read
Before scrolling down I thought to myself: Bet he says, 'Wow, that's frightening.'

Yep, it's ugly. Mein Kampf 100 years later.
1312. ETTD.