The Science Thread!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Science Thread!

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Let us note that this, in no way, Implies that there are ONLY 5 completely insane things they believe and teach.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:" ..... "
Boatrocker wrote:" ...... "
Say two who have no clue what the inside of a church looks like .... but are "experts" on religion ! :lol:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
Say two who have no clue what the inside of a church looks like .... but are "experts" on religion ! :lol:
They're doing something far more vile and dishonest: They're letting the church's own words speak for themselves.

It's what the Palin/Santorum/Cruz religious-right warned us about all through the last two election cycles: Quoting them verbatim is the lowest form of lame-stream media dishonesty.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote: "They're doing something far more vile and dishonest: They're letting the church's own words speak for themselves."
You mean the "churches own words" as spewed out by an idiot that works for a publication that is described as thus: ?
"According to the senior contributing writer for the American Journalism Review, Paul Farhi, the Salon offers "provocative (if predictably liberal) political commentary and lots of sex". Great source of information; similar to The National Enquirer.

".....the lowest form of lame-stream media dishonesty."
That line was better suited to the Salon.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote: "They're doing something far more vile and dishonest: They're letting the church's own words speak for themselves."
You mean the "churches own words" as spewed out by an idiot that works for a publication that is described as thus: ?
Nope; I mean the church's own words, reported in the article.

Remove any opinion or bias, and the story remains essentially the same.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Mr.B wrote:
Says the senile old turdkicker who can't refute anything in the article, so he attacks other posters. I was raised in an assortment of southern Baptist cesspits churches, for your fucking information, but we all know information is not what you seek.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Doesn't matter who wrote the article or from whatever point of view. Here's ACE's own document.
http://www.aceministries.com/aboutus/pd ... ission.pdf

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:Say two who have no clue what the inside of a church looks like ....
I was a church member in my teens, was a janitor in one as an adult and regularly attend events in non-hateful churches.

No matter, I hadn't even posted my opinion and, as has been said, mine and Jonny Scaramanga's thoughts are irrelevant. The issue is Accelerated Christian Education's outright lies and wingnuttery in the face of proved science and even some of the slightly less wingnutty fundamentalist groups. You're fantasizing incorrectly and deflecting, as usual.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote: "Says the senile old turdkicker..."
Liar ... I've never kicked you; why you want to lie like that?

"....who can't refute anything in the article, so he attacks other posters."
Sorry ... I really didn't mean to hurt your little feelings, must've struck a raw nerve, huh?

"I was raised in an assortment of southern Baptist cesspits churches, for your fucking information, but we all know information is not what you seek."
Yeppers, your "fuc*ing information" tells me all I need to know; not that I didn't suspect it in the first place.

You were "raised" in church ... :lol: ... So when did you start getting "lowered" towards hell?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"Say two who have no clue what the inside of a church looks like ...."
"I was a church member in my teens, was a janitor in one as an adult and regularly attend events in non-hateful churches."

"No matter, I hadn't even posted my opinion and, as has been said, mine and Jonny Scaramanga's thoughts are irrelevant. The issue is Accelerated Christian Education's outright lies and wingnuttery in the face of proved science and even some of the slightly less wingnutty fundamentalist groups. You're fantasizing incorrectly and deflecting, as usual."
So be it. Even today, I know of no "hateful churches"; never been in one. You and Boatrocker must've had one helluva life growing up, what with all the hate and resentment you two grew to harbor toward churches. I really feel sorry for you.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Mr.B wrote: . . . So be it. Even today, I know of no "hateful churches"; never been in one. You and Boatrocker must've had one helluva life growing up, what with all the hate and resentment you two grew to harbor toward churches. I really feel sorry for you.
Stick your phony sympathy in your hypocritical ass. All churches are templees of hate and exclusion and intolerance, you sad old fool.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote: "Stick your phony sympathy in your hypocritical ass. All churches are templees (sic) of hate and exclusion and intolerance, you sad old fool."
Obviously that "hate, exclusion, and intolerance" thingy you're so rabidly referring to is referring to homosexuals. So that's why you call yourself "Boatrocker" and you're so consumed with hatred of religion! I suspected that all along, judging from your queen's crown you sport as your avatar. I'm afraid that "intolerance" thingy has been around long before modern churches condemned same-gender copulation, and it's gonna be around quite some time after you're long gone. Deal with it, you wrinkled old queenie. :gayhappy:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I hate all religion, except Buddhism and FSM.

Mostly because the followers are asses who can't think for themselves.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

2. Solar Fusion Is a Myth

The nuclear fusion theory of how the sun emits heat and light is an invention of evolution scientists

W......T.......F

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:... I know of no "hateful churches" ....
Figures.

1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Mr.B wrote:
Boatrocker wrote: "Stick your phony sympathy in your hypocritical ass. All churches are templees (sic) of hate and exclusion and intolerance, you sad old fool."
Obviously that "hate, exclusion, and intolerance" thingy you're so rabidly referring to is referring to homosexuals. So that's why you call yourself "Boatrocker" and you're so consumed with hatred of religion! I suspected that all along, judging from your queen's crown you sport as your avatar. I'm afraid that "intolerance" thingy has been around long before modern churches condemned same-gender copulation, and it's gonna be around quite some time after you're long gone. Deal with it, you wrinkled old queenie. :gayhappy:
Your subconscious obsession with all things homo (i.e., your latency) continues to rule you. In a thread of conversation that had nothing to do with gays. No surprise, there. I bet you and homerphobe have never actually been seen together.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Is that a "queen's crown?" I thought it was a holy handgrenade. But what do I know.