Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:40 pm
Covered all the phony-baloney topics that scare his cult members, didn't he?

Thinking about the voter ID, though, I know it's just part of the ploy to suppress votes of those unlikely to vote Republican, but it occurred to me that I've been registered to vote in at least 6 states (mostly not at the same time) and all of them required ID to register, and all of them checked you off the list when you came to the polls. So if somebody else gave your name and address to vote, when you got there you'd have already been checked off and couldn't vote again. Still one person one vote, even if somebody stole yours. No opportunity for massive effect on the election.

"Open boarders" (as Trump sometimes says) wouldn't be so open if Congress changed the asylum laws - something Biden can't do. Dealing with the illegals isn't really that much of a problem; dealing with the potential asylum-eligible migrants is pretty much uncontrollable under current law.

Funny he'd lament a "weaponized DOJ?FBI" and then talk about investigating and indicting his own political critics if he were back in office.
Puhlease.....did you have a brain cramp and forget who you were speaking of? :lol:

In regards to voting, there's also a signature match required here when I go to the polls or for mail in ballots. They use my driver's license signature for comparison. Pretty sure it was that way in NC also.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:51 pm
Puhlease.....did you have a brain cramp and forget who you were speaking of? :lol:

In regards to voting, there's also a signature match required here when I go to the polls or for mail in ballots. They use my driver's license signature for comparison. Pretty sure it was that way in NC also.
Nah, voter ID was suspended by the courts for years here. That changed this year with the new SC majority, but you just show an ID, no signature match.
https://abc11.com/next-election-voter-g ... /13485982/
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:33 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:51 pm

Nah, voter ID was suspended by the courts for years here. That changed this year with the new SC majority, but you just show an ID, no signature match.
https://abc11.com/next-election-voter-g ... /13485982/
Yeah, you're right.

I recall just having to give my name.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:01 pm
Yeah, you're right.

I recall just having to give my name.
I used to sign a book, here and/or Montana, but no longer. The vols just check off my name.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The last time I voted here I had to sign a paper in a notebook they had. I wasn't able to see how many red check marks were there against my name in the notebook. But I didn't care. It was awkward for me since it was a ring binder notebook and I'm left handed. They never cease to fuck with me. Had my name been listed on the left side of the notebook I oould have signed normally. Or course, my name was on the right side page which forced me to contort my wrist over the rings to sign. They gave me the stink eye the whole time. Fuck them

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:19 pm
The last time I voted here I had to sign a paper in a notebook they had. I wasn't able to see how many red check marks were there against my name in the notebook. But I didn't care. It was awkward for me since it was a ring binder notebook and I'm left handed. They never cease to fuck with me. Had my name been listed on the left side of the notebook I could have signed normally. Or course, my name was on the right side page which forced me to contort my wrist over the rings to sign. They gave me the stink eye the whole time. Fuck them
Discrimination against southpaws in the South! I'd suggest a scathing note, but you might find yourself removed from the rolls :o

Another angry old man :P :
Furious Robert De Niro Realizes Anti-Trump Lines Cut From Teleprompter Mid-Speech
“How dare they do that, actually?” the “Killers of the Flower Moon” star said on stage at the Gotham Awards before reading the remarks from his phone anyway.

Robert De Niro expressed his anger on stage at the 33rd Gotham Awards on Monday after anti-Donald Trump comments he’d prepared to say during a speech about his latest film, the Martin Scorsese-directed “Killers of the Flower Moon,” were cut from the teleprompter without his knowledge.

After finishing his prepared remarks as they’d been inputted on the teleprompter, De Niro told the audience: “I just want to say one thing. The beginning of my speech was edited cut out, and I didn’t know about it. And I want to read it.”

He then picked up his phone and read what had been removed from the address.

Watch the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoG5Cvm0_jQ

“History isn’t history anymore. Truth isn’t truth, and even facts are being replaced by alternative facts and driven by conspiracy theories and ugliness,” De Niro began.

“In Florida, young students are taught that slaves developed skills which could be applied for their personal benefit,” he continued. “The entertainment industry isn’t immune to this festering disease. The Duke, John Wayne, famously said of Native Americans, ‘I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.’”

The actor then turned his attention to former president and current Republican 2024 front-runner Donald Trump, whom he has scathingly called out on multiple previous occasions.

“Lying has become just another tool in the charlatan’s arsenal. The former president lied to us more than 30,000 times during his four years in office, and he’s keeping up the pace in his current campaign of retribution,” said De Niro. “But with all of his lies, he can’t hide his soul. He attacks the weak, destroys the gifts of nature and shows his disrespect for example, by using ‘Pocahontas’ as a slur.”
:---P :clap: :-||
De Niro said that was the end of the edited-out part.

“This is where I came in, and I saw that they edited all that,” he told the audience. “So, I’m gonna say these things but to Apple and thank them and all that, Gotham, blah, blah, blah, Apple. But I don’t feel like thanking them at all for what they did. How dare they do that, actually?” he added.

Neither Apple nor The Gotham Film & Media Institute have commented on De Niro’s criticism.
Cowards.
From a different article:
... The Oscar-winning actor was on hand to introduce the Historical Icon and Creator Tribute award for Martin Scorsese’s Apple film, which also stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Lily Gladstone....
HuffPo doesn't make that clear.

Further info:
William King Hale :puke-left:
Killers of the Flower Moon (film)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Good scary article

Nobody is coming to save us | Opinion

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... 6e1e&ei=62

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:00 pm
Good scary article

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... r-AA1kFZ5E
Crap.

D. Earl Stephens is billy.pilgrim:
... Merrick Garland’s Justice Department, which should have been on the case of protecting our Democracy the second after it was sworn into power, instead tied itself in knots and held itself hostage.

There will never been an adequate excuse for this history-making dereliction of duty. Either Garland was listening to some sinister force ringing in his ears, or he somehow didn’t understand that there needed to be a swift and resounding response to Trump’s bloody coup attempt, ensuring that it could never, ever happen again.

The hope that enough Republicans would rally to the flickering light and help save our Democracy, was snuffed out cold by the lack of any oxygen coming from the lifeless Garland, who criminally said and did nothing about the January 6, 2021 attack on our country for more than a year....
Hopeful at the end, though. Maybe it isn't billy.pilgrim :P :wave:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:33 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:00 pm
Good scary article

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... r-AA1kFZ5E
Crap.

D. Earl Stephens is billy.pilgrim:
... Merrick Garland’s Justice Department, which should have been on the case of protecting our Democracy the second after it was sworn into power, instead tied itself in knots and held itself hostage.

There will never been an adequate excuse for this history-making dereliction of duty. Either Garland was listening to some sinister force ringing in his ears, or he somehow didn’t understand that there needed to be a swift and resounding response to Trump’s bloody coup attempt, ensuring that it could never, ever happen again.

The hope that enough Republicans would rally to the flickering light and help save our Democracy, was snuffed out cold by the lack of any oxygen coming from the lifeless Garland, who criminally said and did nothing about the January 6, 2021 attack on our country for more than a year....
Hopeful at the end, though. Maybe it isn't billy.pilgrim :P :wave:
I believe more and more that garland is MAGA
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:03 am
I believe more and more that garland is MAGA
:think: There's a strong case for it. Maybe he only goes harsh on Trumpettes who TRE45QN is happy to sacrifice.

Clear and undeniable sign that a pol WILL be a dictator if he becomes U.S. president:

Trump: I won't be a dictator if I become U.S. president again
Spoiler:

Wannabe dictators lie.
Ex-PINO lies, a lot.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I may have asked this here before - I know I have asked it many times IRL, but why didn't the election deniers, including Trump, take the line "Trump was cheated" or "Trump would have won if elections weren't rigged" yada? That's different from insisting "Trump won" which is on its face false and ridiculous. Trump lost - hard stop. Trump got cheated? Plausible, even if false.

But I guess if election deniers were smart, they wouldn't be election deniers. doh.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 pm
I may have asked this here before - I know I have asked it many times IRL, but why didn't the election deniers, including Trump, take the line "Trump was cheated" or "Trump would have won if elections weren't rigged" yada? That's different from insisting "Trump won" which is on its face false and ridiculous. Trump lost - hard stop. Trump got cheated? Plausible, even if false.

But I guess if election deniers were smart, they wouldn't be election deniers. doh.
Easier to dupe the rubes for $$ when you say trump is the rightful president and will be reinstated next month.

Help Us Make That Happen!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This is real.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:22 pm
This is real.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/stat ... 9226577062
Another way of looking at it:

:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump says he didn't know his immigration rhetoric echoes Hitler. That's part of a broader pattern

He may be telling the truth. Dolt .45 has rarely been accused of reading or having a clue about history. This means that he's getting the rhetoric from modern Nazis who know damn well where the quotes and underlying philosophy of hate come from. This is probably worse.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Trump sabotaging the USPS causes fake elector certificates to be delayed prior to Jan 6th

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/28/politics ... index.html
Roman responded that the Michigan certificate had been mailed on December 15 but was still “in transit” at a US Postal Service facility in DC. Wisconsin’s certificate also had apparently not arrived.

Good thing incompetent fools were running the show.

:laughing-rolling:

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:02 pm
Trump says he didn't know his immigration rhetoric echoes Hitler. That's part of a broader pattern

He may be telling the truth. Dolt .45 has rarely been accused of reading or having a clue about history. This means that he's getting the rhetoric from modern Nazis who know damn well where the quotes and underlying philosophy of hate come from. This is probably worse.
Yeah, it's bad either way. Either he doesn't know history and he's just naturally acting like Hitler, or he knows history and is intentionally repeating it.

Either way... he's acting like Hitler.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:45 pm
Trump sabotaging the USPS causes fake elector certificates to be delayed prior to Jan 6th

Roman responded that the Michigan certificate had been mailed on December 15 but was still “in transit” at a US Postal Service facility in DC. Wisconsin’s certificate also had apparently not arrived.

Irony. I just heard on PBS that the TRE45QN 'administration' was "malevolent tempered by incompetence". :lol:
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:18 pm
bannination wrote:

Irony. I just heard on PBS that the TRE45QN 'administration' was "malevolent tempered by incompetence". :lol:
I doubt they'll make the same mistakes again. They learned.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:18 pm
bannination wrote:

I doubt they'll make the same mistakes again. They learned.
-0-? I still can't wrap my head around the possibility of reelection. Maybe I'm foolishly optimistic.

Meanwhile, "The Swamp" is still being drained . . . of ex-PINO sycophants:

Justice Dept. accuses 2 political operatives of hiding foreign lobbying during Trump administration

:clap: :clap:
1312. ETTD.