Cawthorn

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Cawthorn

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:35 am
You lucked out. It's bad enough living in the same country as Cawthorn. Living in the same county as him is intolerable.
We'll see.
Madison Cawthorn sued by powerhouse Indiana law firm for more than $193K in legal bills

Congressman Madison Cawthorn is the subject of a civil lawsuit filed by an Indiana law firm that claims he hasn't repaid them more than $193,000 in legal fees this year.

According to the suit filed in the US District Court in Southern Indiana, Rep. Cawthorn retained the Bopp Law Firm from Terre Haute to handle a challenge about if Cawthorn was qualified to run for his seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. The suit claims Cawthorn hired the firm in January 2022 for the task, producing eight documents as exhibits when filed....
Ironic that he won the case with almost $200K spent then lost the primary. It'll be just my luck if he loses his new Florida house to the lawyers or the bank and moves back here. Still, I wish all bad things for him.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:21 am
It'll be just my luck if he loses his new Florida house to the lawyers or the bank and moves back here. Still, I wish all bad things for him.
One has to wonder who's funding him. After he (officially) leaves office in January, he'll have no visible income, at least none verifiable upon purchase of the house. I'm thinking there's some sleaziness around there that involves shell games and smoke and mirrors. Either way, I also wish him the worst.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:35 am
You lucked out. It's bad enough living in the same country as Cawthorn. Living in the same county as him is intolerable.
We'll see.
Madison Cawthorn sued by powerhouse Indiana law firm for more than $193K in legal bills

Congressman Madison Cawthorn is the subject of a civil lawsuit filed by an Indiana law firm that claims he hasn't repaid them more than $193,000 in legal fees this year.

According to the suit filed in the US District Court in Southern Indiana, Rep. Cawthorn retained the Bopp Law Firm from Terre Haute to handle a challenge about if Cawthorn was qualified to run for his seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. The suit claims Cawthorn hired the firm in January 2022 for the task, producing eight documents as exhibits when filed....
Ironic that he won the case with almost $200K spent then lost the primary. It'll be just my luck if he loses his new Florida house to the lawyers or the bank and moves back here. Still, I wish all bad things for him.
You might still luck out. I think that in FL you can keep your house even if you file bankruptcy. Hell, it's probably why trump lives there.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 am

You might still luck out. I think that in FL you can keep your house even if you file bankruptcy. Hell, it's probably why trump lives there.
Pretty sure that's everywhere, but it's only your homestead. So either the Florida or North Carolina house but not both.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:23 am
neoplacebo wrote:

Pretty sure that's everywhere, but it's only your homestead. So either the Florida or North Carolina house but not both.

State, federal and territorial homestead exemption statutes vary. Some states, such as Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Texas have provisions, if followed properly, allowing 100% of the equity to be protected. Other states, such as New Jersey and Pennsylvania do not offer any homestead protection. Whereas, the degree of protection in New York varies by county.

https://www.assetprotectionplanners.com ... protection.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:01 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

State, federal and territorial homestead exemption statutes vary. Some states, such as Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Texas have provisions, if followed properly, allowing 100% of the equity to be protected. Other states, such as New Jersey and Pennsylvania do not offer any homestead protection. Whereas, the degree of protection in New York varies by county.

https://www.assetprotectionplanners.com ... protection.
Thx.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

I wasn't sure; just remember reading it somewhere. But billy.pilgrim covered it. It's hard to tell where the best place to go broke is. I bet it's not Las Vegas.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Did I ever mention that there's something seriously wrong with this guy?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida man ...

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:33 am
Did I ever mention that there's something seriously wrong with this guy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 1346684929
I'm hoping that trichinosis, dysentery, etc gets added to the list.

Africa? Asia? NO, thoroughly unsporting canned hunting in South Texas:
https://www.redstoneranchtexas.com/hunting/
:o :lol:
He seems overdressed compared to the guy next to him.
I thought the same thing. Do the ranch animals only flee if the guy with the gun is visible?
Oh, Madison, not again!

Cos play
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:35 am
Vrede too wrote:
It'll be just my luck if he loses his new Florida house to the lawyers or the bank and moves back here. Still, I wish all bad things for him.
One has to wonder who's funding him. After he (officially) leaves office in January, he'll have no visible income, at least none verifiable upon purchase of the house. I'm thinking there's some sleaziness around there that involves shell games and smoke and mirrors. Either way, I also wish him the worst.
MadCaw wishes NC11 the worst :roll: :

Republican Madison Cawthorn screws over his constituents one last time before moving to Florida (article)

Rep Chuck Edwards (NC-11) website:
Edwards Asks Constituents With Unfinished Casework To Call Office

January 9, 2023
Press Release

In keeping with his pledge to make constituent service his top priority, Congressman Chuck Edwards (NC-11) today asked anyone with outstanding or unfinished casework to please get in touch with his office at 202-225-6401, or at 828-435-7310.

The office of former Congressman Madison Cawthorn did not transfer official constituent casework, which is standard practice for any legislative transition.

Due to this lack of information, Congressman Edwards and his staff have no way of knowing which constituents had ongoing casework or other outstanding federal issues. Repeated attempts to reach Congressman Cawthorn and his staff were made over the past month, but no response or action was provided.

The deadline for Cawthorn to sign over the database was Friday, December 23, and House rules provide that the outgoing member must execute the transfer process.

“I ran on the issue of providing the best constituent service possible for the people of Western North Carolina,” Edwards said. “I ask that anyone with any pending casework contact my office immediately. In addition, I hope members of the media will help inform the public of this request. I would like to ensure that our veterans, the elderly, the infirm and others who need help get the full benefit of the services they are entitled to."
:---P Wow. Guess MadCaw had a caged goat to kill, instead.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:08 pm

MadCaw wishes NC11 the worst :roll: :

Republican Madison Cawthorn screws over his constituents one last time before moving to Florida (article)

:---P Wow. Guess MadCaw had a caged goat to kill, instead.
It gets better.

Cawthorn claims he never heard from Edwards about data; Edwards responds with screenshots

Oppsie....but Madcow don't care.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:41 pm
It gets better.

Cawthorn claims he never heard from Edwards about data; Edwards responds with screenshots

Oppsie....but Madcow don't care.
:roll: :bs: Nothing prevented MadCaw, in the interests of his constituents, from transferring the data whether Edwards wanted and requested it or not. What a child!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:47 am
What a child!
In a nutshell.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Voting for the Cawthorns, the Boeberts, and the Santos' shows a deep and probably unfixable disrespect for Congress and disrespect for citizens.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whatever happened to this guy?🤔😀

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:52 pm
Whatever happened to this guy? 🤔😀
Filthy Florida affair with Kari Lake :puke-left: , kept on the down-low so that Dolt .45 doesn't get jealous. :sick:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:07 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Filthy Florida affair with Kari Lake :puke-left: , kept on the down-low so that Dolt .45 doesn't get jealous. :sick:
And here I thought he was having an affair with his "cousins" guns. :crazy:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Whatever happened to this guy?🤔😀
Apparently he caught a fish. (I Googled but only looked at the pictures)
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

(Florida Man) Cawthorn

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:07 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:18 pm
Apparently he caught a fish. (I Googled but only looked at the pictures)
That's a mean thing to say about Kari Lake, nttawwt.

There's this:
Firearms at airports

In February 2021, Transportation Security Administration agents at the Asheville Regional Airport discovered an unloaded Glock 9mm handgun and loaded magazine in Cawthorn's carry-on bag. A spokesman for Cawthorn said the gun, magazine, and ammunition were meant to have been stowed in his checked luggage.
-0-? No Wikiword on the outcome.
In April 2022, Cawthorn was briefly detained at an airport in Charlotte, North Carolina, for attempting to board a commercial flight with a loaded handgun in his carry-on luggage. Police said he was cooperative, and he was cited for possession of a dangerous weapon on city property. On May 5, 2023, Cawthorn pleaded guilty and was fined $250.
It's not a more serious federal offense? :wtf:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

If a TSA employee finds you have a loaded gun in the airport, you will be charged with a crime and face civil fines. Also, if you have an unloaded gun that is not stored and transported properly, you will face charges and civil fines.

The typical fine for trying to bring a handgun through security is thousands of dollars. For certain types of firearms, like BB guns, compressed air guns, and flare pistols, The TSA fine can be between $330 and $1,960. For an unloaded firearm, you can be fined between $1,960 and $3,920 per violation. Loaded firearms, or unloaded firearms with accessible ammunition, can lead to fines between $3,920 and $9,800.

You also may be fined if the TSA finds an inappropriately stored firearm in your checked luggage. The TSA fine can be between $650 and $1,310 for undeclared or improperly packed firearms and between $1,310 and $2,610 for loaded firearms.