Cawthorn

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Cawthorn

Unread post by O Really »

One-trick pony, without a trick.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:34 am
Nice beginning to his political obituary.

Looking forward to a "where is he now?" in a year.
Guesses:
The MSM won't consider him consequential enough to ever bother.
The RW media will be too embarrassed to ever mention him again.
MAYBE some lefty will have fun buying cut-rate insurance from him and videoing it, but we're usually not that cruel.
The fundies won't want him on their speakers' circuit.
MadCaw will never get invited to a cocaine orgy again.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:55 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Guesses:
Might be Times Noose or Citizen Times thing.

True dat.

MAYBE some lefty will have fun buying cut-rate insurance from him and videoing it, but we're usually not that cruel.
Speak for yourself. :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Did they really ever?
:lol:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:55 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:55 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Guesses:
Might be Times Noose or Citizen Times thing.
Could be, unless they're also too embarrassed.

True dat.

Speak for yourself. :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Hah! I'll pay for your flights.

Did they really ever?
They won him the 2020 primary and made it close in 2022.

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Bye bye.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

MadCaw has morphed into Neo's cousin.

Mad Headroom.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:shock: Hell in a bucket! I'm just glad mom isn't here to see this.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:39 am
She'd be rickrolling in her grave.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:24 am
neoplacebo wrote:
She'd be rickrolling in her grave.
She used to fish slap me and would often threaten to stomp me. Most of the time I deserved it. The whole thing was educational.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

WNC got what it voted for.

O Really
Admiral

And Cawthorn wasn't even officially charged, was he? There is no excuse or explananation.
Police said they arrested a man on Thursday after TSA officers stopped him with a loaded gun in his carry-on bag at Newark Liberty International Airport.

TSA officers detected the 9mm handgun loaded with 13 bullets, including one in the chamber, in the traveler's bag on Thanksgiving. The man, a Pennsylvania resident, is the third person this month to be arrested at the airport after TSA found guns in their bags, authorities said.

The firearm is the 14th gun to be detected by airport security this year, according to the TSA. This year so far is tied with 2018 for the most firearms discovered at Newark. Last year, TSA officers found 5,972 guns at airport checkpoints across the country. 86% of them were loaded, the agency said.

Thomas Carter, TSA federal security director for New Jersey, said that the man faces a "stiff federal financial civil penalty that could run into thousands of dollars" in addition to his arrest.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:43 pm
And Cawthorn wasn't even officially charged, was he? There is no excuse or explanation.

Firearms at airports

In February 2021, Transportation Security Administration agents at the Asheville Regional Airport discovered an unloaded Glock 9mm handgun and loaded magazine in Cawthorn's carry-on bag. A spokesman for Cawthorn said the gun, magazine and ammunition were meant to have been stowed in his checked luggage.

In April 2022, Cawthorn was briefly detained at an airport in Charlotte, North Carolina, for attempting to board a commercial flight with a loaded handgun in his carry-on luggage. Police said he was cooperative, and he was cited for possession of a dangerous weapon on city property. Cawthorn has a trial date in Mecklenburg County on January 13, 2023, for bringing the gun to the airport in Charlotte.
Asheville:
Rep. Madison Cawthorn tried to board plane with gun; could face fine, status loss

U.S. House member Madison Cawthorn had his gun taken by airport police and will likely face a federal fine and loss of a special security status, local and federal officials said.

The Republican congressman representing Western North Carolina's 11th District was attempting to board a plane Feb. 13 when Transportation Security Administration workers found an unloaded gun in his carry-on bag, along with a loaded magazine, according to Asheville Regional Airport officials....

Cawthorn, whose spokesman responded to questions July 30 saying he brought the gun by mistake, was not charged with any crime, according to reports and other information on the incident obtained this month through a public records request. That is a normal outcome, said airport spokeswoman Tina Kinsey.

"In 2021 so far, eight firearms were reported at the checkpoint, and in every case, no criminal charges were filed," Kinsey said, adding the passengers' firearms were secured and they were allowed to travel without their guns.

Cawthorn's gun was secured at the airport, and he retrieved it after his flight, Kinsey said.
No word on whether the "federal fine and loss of a special security status" were ever imposed.

"not charged ... normal outcome" bothers me more than MadCaw being an ammosexual asshole. At the least they should permanently seize the guns and bill the perp for all enforcement costs. Maybe charged in Charlotte because it was his 2nd offense?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

People can forget, in some circumstances. Pre-covid 2018 I almost tried to cross the Canadian border with firearms safely tucked away in their in-coach storage. Literally on the way out of St. Johnsbury toward Montreal, I thought "O holy shit - I forgot the guns" Parked the coach, got the guns and all the ammunition, plus the other weaponry illegal in Canada, put it all in a backpack and went to a gun store/repair shop. Told them to clean them all well and by the way it'll be a week or so before I can pick them up is that okay? Lucky there was a willing shop. I guess I could have looked for a public locker.

Anyway, I don't think the penalty should be the same for an honest mistake as for intentional violation, but your case ought to be pleaded in court - after you're charged. Nobody should get by with an "opps" defence without some effort and hoop-jumping

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:33 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:43 pm
And Cawthorn wasn't even officially charged, was he? There is no excuse or explanation.

Firearms at airports

In February 2021, Transportation Security Administration agents at the Asheville Regional Airport discovered an unloaded Glock 9mm handgun and loaded magazine in Cawthorn's carry-on bag. A spokesman for Cawthorn said the gun, magazine and ammunition were meant to have been stowed in his checked luggage.

In April 2022, Cawthorn was briefly detained at an airport in Charlotte, North Carolina, for attempting to board a commercial flight with a loaded handgun in his carry-on luggage. Police said he was cooperative, and he was cited for possession of a dangerous weapon on city property. Cawthorn has a trial date in Mecklenburg County on January 13, 2023, for bringing the gun to the airport in Charlotte.
Asheville:
Rep. Madison Cawthorn tried to board plane with gun; could face fine, status loss

U.S. House member Madison Cawthorn had his gun taken by airport police and will likely face a federal fine and loss of a special security status, local and federal officials said.

The Republican congressman representing Western North Carolina's 11th District was attempting to board a plane Feb. 13 when Transportation Security Administration workers found an unloaded gun in his carry-on bag, along with a loaded magazine, according to Asheville Regional Airport officials....

Cawthorn, whose spokesman responded to questions July 30 saying he brought the gun by mistake, was not charged with any crime, according to reports and other information on the incident obtained this month through a public records request. That is a normal outcome, said airport spokeswoman Tina Kinsey.

"In 2021 so far, eight firearms were reported at the checkpoint, and in every case, no criminal charges were filed," Kinsey said, adding the passengers' firearms were secured and they were allowed to travel without their guns.

Cawthorn's gun was secured at the airport, and he retrieved it after his flight, Kinsey said.
No word on whether the "federal fine and loss of a special security status" were ever imposed.

"not charged ... normal outcome" bothers me more than MadCaw being an ammosexual asshole. At the least they should permanently seize the guns and bill the perp for all enforcement costs. Maybe charged in Charlotte because it was his 2nd offense?
It's a primary law - primarily for Muslims and suspected Muslims. WP may be required to take a class as republicans are required to do for voter fraud.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:00 am
MadCaw has morphed into Neo's cousin.

Mad Headroom.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 2727053316
neoplacebo wrote:
:laughing-rolling:

Drama queen (ironic) exit:

Madison Cawthorn Wastes Last Speech on House Floor Complaining About ‘Metrosexuals’

:roll: What a sad, overcompensating prick.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, I just read that story about an hour ago on yahoo. What a pathetic little shit stick this guy is. I bet he moves to FL just to hang out with his orange hero. Best thing for both of them.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

With a little bit of luck we won't hear of him again until his next arrest or court date (whichever comes first).
In a fitting coda to a bizarre single term in office, Cawthorn wasted his final precious minutes on C-SPAN sounding the alarm on the death spiral of masculinity. “Our young men are taught that weakness is strength, that delicacy is desirable, and that being a soft metrosexual is more valuable than training the mind, body, and soul,” the 27-year-old said during his heated remarks.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

He's gonna rant about the scourge of rock n' roll music next probably.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:56 am
Yeah, I just read that story about an hour ago on yahoo. What a pathetic little shit stick this guy is. I bet he moves to FL just to hang out with his orange hero. Best thing for both of them.
:thumbup: Already done, 132 miles away:
viewtopic.php?p=176713#p176713
https://www.mapquest.com/directions/fro ... -282039942

Awww, I'll miss MadCaw. :(
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:54 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:56 am
:thumbup: Already done, 132 miles away:
viewtopic.php?p=176713#p176713
https://www.mapquest.com/directions/fro ... -282039942

Awww, I'll miss MadCaw. :(
You lucked out. It's bad enough living in the same country as Cawthorn. Living in the same county as him is intolerable.