Goofy Gaetz

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Goofy Gaetz

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:54 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:27 am
Well that's depressing.
This article, published less than a week before the WaPo article, predicts the opposite. -0-?
Matt Gaetz facing 'wave of indictments' in sex trafficking case: legal expert

GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida is facing increased scrutiny after a bombshell Washington Post report that he sought a preemptive pardon for sex trafficking....

Legal experts were stunned by the report.

Attorney Tristan Snell, who successfully prosecuted the case against Trump University, expected indictments after the midterm election.

"This was not the action of an innocent man," Snell tweeted. "This was the action of someone who knows he’s guilty — and wanted a literal 'get out of jail free' card."

"Why hasn’t Matt Gaetz been indicted yet? Because the investigation has ballooned — covering a huge web of political corruption, fraud, and embezzlement of COVID relief funds, as well as sex trafficking," Snell wrote. "A wave of indictments is anticipated for after the November election."

The watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) wrote, "To the best of our knowledge, Matt Gaetz is the only sitting Congressman to ever ask for a pardon for sex trafficking."
If true, :---P .
... Harvard Law's Laurence Tribe wrote, "Gaetz is such a slime that his conviction and jailing would lower the average character of the prison population almost as much as it would raise the quality of Congress." ...
:lol:
Don't know what to think.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't know much, if anything, about laws on "sex trafficking" but if it involves sexually exploiting people (usually women) "against their will", they might have an evidence problem. But if it's accurate that paying for an underage female to travel across state lines for sex is technically "trafficking" then they have a toe-hold, but it's still a narrow line.

One might wonder why they aren't going for the more obvious and provable charges related to sex with a minor, etc.? It's still a felony, he'd still get run off, and the feds wouldn't have to face the ridiculous embarrassment of either losing or failing to prosecute a blatant offender?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:13 pm
I don't know much, if anything, about laws on "sex trafficking" but if it involves sexually exploiting people (usually women) "against their will", they might have an evidence problem. But if it's accurate that paying for an underage female to travel across state lines for sex is technically "trafficking" then they have a toe-hold, but it's still a narrow line.

One might wonder why they aren't going for the more obvious and provable charges related to sex with a minor, etc.? It's still a felony, he'd still get run off, and the feds wouldn't have to face the ridiculous embarrassment of either losing or failing to prosecute a blatant offender?
Goofy Gaetz was 35 when he allegedly broke this law with a 17 year old.

When I was 21 I had a 17 year old girlfriend - not something I really sought, but she insisted :D . This was not illegal in MT as the age of consent was 15 or 16. I think it may be 18 in FL. Anyhow, we crossed state lines and had sex, though "for sex" was not our reason for traveling. I wonder if we broke federal law :o , it never occurred to us or to her tolerant if not supportive parents. Maybe not, federal sex trafficking law may have been expanded in the last 44 years.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vaguely related, did y'all catch this in Sept?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZuMUFNs_-Q

:lol: Leo is 47.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:13 pm

Matt Gaetz associate Joel Greenberg gets 11 years as probe into congressman stalls, sources say
Joel Greenberg agreed to cooperate with the probe into Rep. Gaetz, sources said.

... Multiple sources familiar with the probe told ABC News that the investigation into Gaetz has stalled, with federal investigators having concerns regarding multiple key witnesses in the case, including Greenberg -- as well as specifics in the case that could make a conviction difficult for prosecutors....

Greenberg reached a plea deal with investigators in May 2021 in which he agreed to provide "substantial assistance" to prosecutors as part of their ongoing investigation into Gaetz and others, according to sources familiar with the arrangement. The former tax collector provided investigators with years of Venmo and Cash App transactions and thousands of photos and videos, as well as access to personal social media accounts.

Greenberg's cooperation led to probes of two dozen individuals, including eight people being investigated for sex crimes, seven for public cooperation, and 10 for election fraud, according to his attorney.

Four individuals have been indicted in part due to Greenberg's cooperation, and Scheller said two additional new indictments related to crimes stemming from fraudulent COVID relief loans were expected in the coming months....
Possibilities:
Goofy Gaetz is innocent.
Goofy Gaetz is guilty, but Greenberg didn't have sufficient evidence of it.
Goofy Gaetz is guilty, but Greenberg didn't throw him under the bus.
Goofy Gaetz is guilty, but DoJ is covering it up.
Goofy Gaetz is guilty and will be indicted, surprising everyone.
-0-?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Or Goofy Gaetz is guilty, but DoJ is covering it up because 2 billion dollar daddy told them to back off.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Further explanation is definitely called for.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

To name two

Destroying the cop's job after he arrested Matt for doing.

And as so many do, stealing from Medicare and like Rick Scott- fines are easy when you steal billions.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:54 pm
We often don't get explanations as to why charges aren't filed, unless there's been complete exoneration.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:07 pm
To name two

And as so many do, stealing from Medicare and like Rick Scott- fines are easy when you steal billions.
I THINK GoCubsGo meant "Further explanation" from DoJ, not you.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:46 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:54 pm
We often don't get explanations as to why charges aren't filed, unless there's been complete exoneration.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:07 pm
To name two

I THINK GoCubsGo meant "Further explanation" from DoJ, not you.
I think I explained the situation to a T, unlike the cya doj. Ask mediocre merrick why he won't prosecute trump and watch him lie.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:26 pm
I think I explained the situation to a T, unlike the cya doj. Ask mediocre merrick why he won't prosecute trump and watch him lie.
Would you call him the MAGAAG?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:02 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:26 pm
Would you call him the MAGAAG?
trump renamed maga to magaga (make America great and glorious again, so technically Merrick would be the magagaag.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Matt Gaetz is only like 5' 6"?

Guess there's a whole lot of compensating going on.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:39 am

Both Matt and gym claim to be 5'7". Both are well known liars, scum-bags and generally bad people.

I wouldn't believe anything either of them claim.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:33 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:39 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 3194692609
Both Matt and gym claim to be 5'7". Both are well known liars, scum-bags and generally bad people.

I wouldn't believe anything either of them claim.
-0-?
Several sites say 5'7" for Goofy Gaetz, one says 6'2".
Bozobert is supposedly 5'4", which fits with Gaetz being around 5'7" in your tweet, unless they're on different levels or she's wearing tall heels.
Some sites say that Jim Jordan is 6'0", others 5'7".
Butthead being 6'2" and Beavis being 5'7" seems about right with this pic.

If Gaetz is 5'7" then Jordan is 5'1" or so, which seems unlikely. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ah, yes. The memories of Matt and Gym......."heh heh, fire, fire." Get ready for these fuckheads to shine like polished turds next year. It's gonna be good.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Excellent!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:puke-left: :puke-left:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.