Weather

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Weather

Unread post by Vrede too »

Lots of weather news this week, including several tragic traffic pileups. :(

Seattle had 9 inches of snow in one day, the most in 53 years! With its hills, drivers might as well just give up and stay home. They're never going to get where they're going, anyhow.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Weather

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:45 pm
Lots of weather news this week, including several tragic traffic pileups. :(

Seattle had 9 inches of snow in one day, the most in 53 years! With its hills, drivers might as well just give up and stay home. They're never going to get where they're going, anyhow.
Ha! That happens on non-snow days, too. When you've got only two main N/S roads going through the city, and one of them includes a long tunnel, getting where you want to go isn't guaranteed.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Been brutal in my neck of the woods. A week of temps in the single digits for highs, lows below zero. Now a foot of effin snow.

Even my dog has had enough.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

It's supposed to get cold here tonight, possibly as low as 30, so of course all schools, university classes including virtual classes, city and county offices and covid testing are closed.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

So far it's been pretty mild here in the land of milk and honey. One small snowfall for one day a couple weeks ago. I don't think we've even had any low temps lower than mid 20's.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I had a three day weekend and every single day it rained. Now that I'm back to work it's supposed to be nice and sunny.

Such is life.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:28 am
It's supposed to get cold here tonight, possibly as low as 30, so of course all schools, university classes including virtual classes, city and county offices and covid testing are closed.
Thoughts and prayers.

At times it's been a bit cooler than normal here, but nothing crazy. We've had all of 3 snow days, none of which required any shoveling or plowing. :(
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:30 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thoughts and prayers.

At times it's been a bit cooler than normal here, but nothing crazy. We've had all of 3 snow days, none of which required any shoveling or plowing. :(
Yeah, we had ice in the bird bath and the dog's water bowl. I'm on hold with FEMA right now.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

It gets pretty chilly at night - down into the mid-50's.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:39 am
They should have closed the schools.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:40 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:39 am
They should have closed the schools.
:lol:
Yeah, except most of them aren't open in-person anyway. But I think NYC did actually shut down the virtual schools for a snow day a week or so ago. Never did quite understand that, unless most of them were running with teachers going into the schools and students online.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thoughts and prayers.

Be on the lookout on Thursday. Ice storms were always the worst nightmare.

.25 inch was the magic number. Hit that and I'd be without power for five days.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:36 am
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thoughts and prayers.

Yeah, we had ice in the bird bath and the dog's water bowl. I'm on hold with FEMA right now.
God hell! Ice on the dog AND the birds? No fucking wonder you're on the phone with FEMA. Hope they can help. Also hope there's no more trump incompetents left. If they come and throw paper towel rolls at you, you'll know the trumpers are still in operation. Good luck.

O Really
Admiral

2020 Texas:
California has a bunch of idiots running the power grid to do all this rolling blackout stuff.
The federal damgummit is worthless. We want to secede.

2021 Texas:
Umm, can you send us some help, FEMA? We're a little cold down here.
We don't know how long rolling blackouts and outages will continue. The (state-run) power grid is over-maxed.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:23 pm
2020 Texas:
California has a bunch of idiots running the power grid to do all this rolling blackout stuff.

2021 Texas:
We don't know how long rolling blackouts and outages will continue. The (state-run) power grid is over-maxed.

O Really
Admiral

People are idiots. Where there's real winter, with regular snow, they have a lot of equipment. Salt/Chem down the roads, plows come out, most everybody goes to work. But places where it rarely if ever snows don't have that. OKfine. So why do people there think they have to immediately get out on the streets? Stay the fuck home - it'll be melted in a day or so.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2637&p=134107&hilit=texas#p134107
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:50 pm
😁🤣

O Really wrote:
2020 Texas:

2021 Texas:
Here are three Texas Republicans mocking California power outages last year and my Dallas bathtub this morning, a literal block of ice

ImageImageImageImage
Article and more tweets.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I bet a lot of homes are gonna have wrecked plumbing.

Aren't a lot of houses down there on slabs? How will they fare when the pipes freeze in extremely cold weather? Wonder if the plumbing under the house is wrecked.

What a mess.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:47 pm
I bet a lot of homes are gonna have wrecked plumbing.

Aren't a lot of houses down there on slabs? How will they fare when the pipes freeze in extremely cold weather? Wonder if the plumbing under the house is wrecked.

What a mess.
Remember that "don't mess with Texas" slogan? Well, you can just kiss that shit goodbye.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
2020 Texas:

2021 Texas:
I remember seeing a tv show a few years ago about the electrical grid in the US and it talked about how there are three power grids; East, West, and Texas. I've never checked this out but also have never watched QTV