Marjorie Taylor Greene WTF?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene WTF?

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:56 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:17 pm
It's really saying something when you're too much of an asshole for:

House Freedom Caucus Ousts Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Amid Controversy

:lol:
That was months ago, did they just make it official?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... -rcna93962
I thought it sounded familiar. MSN did not post or link the full article from The Stock Dork.
House Freedom Caucus Ousts Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Amid Controversy
By Rose Ann Akbari
Jan 20, 2024

Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican Representative from Georgia and a staunch ally of former President Donald Trump, has been officially removed from the House Freedom Caucus.
Representative Ken Buck of Colorado confirmed the decision to oust Greene, who cited her repeated “attacks” on fellow GOP colleagues as the primary reason behind the group’s move.

Confusion Surrounding Greene’s Status

Despite reports of a vote on June 23 to expel Greene due to her altercation with Representative Lauren Boebert of Colorado and her vocal support for Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s debt-ceiling deal with President Joe Biden, confusion persisted over Greene’s status.
Freedom Caucus Chairman Scott Perry of Pennsylvania had declined to comment on the matter, and Greene claimed ignorance about any vote against her.

Allegations of Avoidance

Amidst the uncertainty, some members suggested that Greene had avoided Chairman Perry’s attempts to inform her about the expulsion.

As of Wednesday, there had been no direct communication between Perry and Greene on the matter, even though they were both present on the House floor during votes....
:wtf: Sounds like yet another example of the GQP's yearlong chaos and incompetence.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

EmptyG, a bigoted gullible idiot and asshole, again:
Marjorie Taylor Greene Wants To Censure Ilhan Omar Over Comments She Didn’t Make
The censure resolution stems from a mistranslation of Omar's speech circulated by conservative social media accounts.

... Conservatives, including House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-Minn.), called for Omar to resign from Congress for violating her oath of office....
:roll:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:38 pm
Marjorie Taylor Greene Wants To Censure Ilhan Omar Over Comments She Didn’t Make
The censure resolution stems from a mistranslation of Omar's speech circulated by conservative social media accounts.

... Conservatives, including House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-Minn.), called for Omar to resign from Congress for violating her oath of office....
Another day in wingnut land. Has she ever had a good day?

Also obsessed with Hunter's hardware.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:38 pm

More than censure.

My God she's vile.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Good lord.
And pointing at each word as she reads.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:37 pm
Good lord.
And pointing at each word as she reads.
All the RW has is whiny and moronic bullying, often self-defeating. For example,
MAGA World Is About to Meet Taylor Swift’s Fandom. It Won’t Go Well.
Swift expert Brian Donovan on why the political right is targeting a rich, heteronormative pop star.

... To explore how Swift’s influence has grown and how the attacks could backfire on the GOP, POLITICO Magazine reached out to Brian Donovan, a University of Kansas professor who teaches a popular college course called “The Sociology of Taylor Swift.”

“The Swiftie fan is arguably the most immersive and intense fandom in the U.S. right now,” Donovan said. “And to anger them is just political folly. They are a political force that I don’t think anyone really should mess with.”

This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

Why is Taylor Swift suddenly at the center of the political conversation?

I think there is a cyclical reaction happening where we saw with the Barbie movie and with the Eras Tour, a kind of woman-centered cultural aesthetic take hold of the American imagination. And I think there’s a ton of backlash to that driven by real basic sexism and misogyny....

And so the fact that she had this political coming out in 2018, and started to embrace leftist causes, that was the first moment when the right rejected her. And as she gained cultural power over the last year, I think that’s made her an easy target. You would think that her dating a football star would be something that would be satisfying to cultural conservatives — she’s playing out a standard conservative script of falling in love with a football star — but the fact that she’s not on their team is especially irksome for a lot of folks. On the right, it’s seen as a betrayal.
:violin:
Sexism and a sense of betrayal — is there anything else that might be fueling this hate we’re seeing from the right?

The intensity is coming from different levels. Again, it’s this basic sexism. She is unmarried. She is an extremely successful businesswoman. And I know that a lot of folks on the right probably do not aspire to be a pop star, but a lot of them aspire to be successful in business. And she has lapped them over and over. She has become a billionaire based on her own artistry. And so there’s a jealousy factor as well.

Another part of this is that she is not easily consumable as a sex symbol. What makes Taylor Swift so unique is that her celebrity persona, unlike pop stars of the past few decades — think of Madonna or Britney Spears — is not centered on the male gaze. She’s not denying or muting her sexuality, but her performances are not catering to men. Her persona is crafted around this kind of goofy, almost nerd-like relatability and I think that is also irksome because she is not playing out the standard, patriarchal playbook of being a consumable Barbie doll sex symbol.

There’s a growing gender divide in politics. Do you think the conservative attacks against Swift will further alienate women voters from the Republican Party?

Absolutely. What is fascinating to me about this whole spectacle is it seems like political suicide. She certainly has appeal among women, but she has such a broad demographic appeal — racially, in terms of age, in terms of socio-economic status. It just seems like attacking her, from a strategic political standpoint, makes no sense whatsoever....

And it will alienate women voters in the long term, for sure, because Taylor’s politics, they’re not that radical. She’s not the kind of radical feminist figure that they are painting her to be, and I think a lot of women see themselves in Taylor. She is highly relatable. And she, through her songwriting, lets us feel like we have a bond with her. And so the rabid attacks against her are going to turn people away on a very deep level.
GoRepuQsGo!
Tell me more about the demographics of Swift’s fan base. Are there any notable traits or political trends?

... Based on the folks that I’ve interviewed, she has a way of writing that, coupled with her celebrity persona and media appearances, connects uniquely with the experiences of young women. The Swiftie fan is arguably the most immersive and intense fandom in the U.S. right now. And to anger them is just political folly. They are a political force that I don’t think anyone really should mess with.
:---P Back slowly away from the Swifties and do not turn your back.
What makes Taylor Swift’s fandom such a political force?

It’s both the sheer number and the intensity of their devotion to Taylor Swift....

But also Swifties listen to her statements about politics as well and absorb them and act on them. And so I think that the fear coming from the right that she could make an endorsement that will act as a political force and be consequential for elections — that’s not inaccurate. There’s some truth there....
Idiot RWers think they will scare her away because they're so unsophisticated that it's the only tactic that occurs to them.
Would a Swift endorsement give Biden a major boost in popularity?

... Where I think she can have an impact and maybe a big political boost for Biden is in getting out the vote. She touted a Get Out the Vote website on her Instagram account, and it drew 35,000 new voters within hours.
Fingers crossed. He's otherwise kind of pessimistic :(
What do you think about Donald Trump reportedly grumbling that he’s “more popular” than Taylor Swift?

We know he loves the trappings of celebrity. And so it must irk him that she is both more popular than he is and has more money than he does right now. And so I think that her mere existence is tapping into some deep insecurities in his psyche. And we’re seeing that play out by his surrogates, as well....
Also, her success is entirely the result of her own talent, not daddy's money, not racist practices, not chronic cheating, not lifelong cowardice and not desperate bragging.

GoTayTayGo, ignore the assholes and be patriotic.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

If you assumed almost everything the moonbarkers consider the Swift "conspiracy" is true, you'd still be left with the question "so what?" Would that not be standard politics? Celebrity endorsements may be criticized, but they're constant by all parties. Getting organizations and corporations involved in promoting and supporting candidates is, for better or worse, a fundamental part of a campaign. So if CBS, et.al. publicizes Taylor, the NFL gives her a gratuitous 26 seconds per game, and the Biden people make overtures for endorsement, how is that some dark conspiracy, or for that matter different from what the repugs attempt? They're just insanely jealous that they've got Ted Nugent instead of Taylor Swift.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:41 pm
If you assumed almost everything the moonbarkers consider the Swift "conspiracy" is true, you'd still be left with the question "so what?" Would that not be standard politics? Celebrity endorsements may be criticized, but they're constant by all parties. Getting organizations and corporations involved in promoting and supporting candidates is, for better or worse, a fundamental part of a campaign. So if CBS, et.al. publicizes Taylor, the NFL gives her a gratuitous 26 seconds per game, and the Biden people make overtures for endorsement, how is that some dark conspiracy, or for that matter different from what the repugs attempt? They're just insanely jealous that they've got Ted Nugent instead of Taylor Swift.
Ouch, that's a huuuge drop in celeb quality :---P

The TayTay "conspiracy" is a bit more Cra-Cra than that, fta:
... Far-right internet personalities and even a former Republican presidential candidate are spreading the notion that something is not quite right with Swift’s relationship with Kansas City Chiefs star player Travis Kelce — and that somehow the Super Bowl is rigged and it’s all leading up to a Swift presidential endorsement of Joe Biden....
I wish it were rigged rather than the Ravens and Bills sucking :( :( Plus, billionaire (earned), record-setting tour, award-winning movie - it's not like she needs Travis and KC to give more weight to her endorsement, however much weight it might have. Further, there is now additional pressure on TayTay to endorse lest it looks like she's caving in to the haters. RWers just aren't very smart.

Ftr, putting this tangent in the EmptyG thread was a brain fart. I was trying to move it, but your reply prevented that. Opps.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
They're just insanely jealous that they've got Ted Nugent instead of Taylor Swift.
I can't understand why.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:56 pm
O Really wrote:
Ouch, that's a huuuge drop in celeb quality :---P

The TayTay "conspiracy" is a bit more Cra-Cra than that, fta:
... Far-right internet personalities and even a former Republican presidential candidate are spreading the notion that something is not quite right with Swift’s relationship with Kansas City Chiefs star player Travis Kelce — and that somehow the Super Bowl is rigged and it’s all leading up to a Swift presidential endorsement of Joe Biden....
I wish it were rigged rather than the Ravens and Bills sucking :( :( Plus, billionaire (earned), record-setting tour, award-winning movie - it's not like she needs Travis and KC to give more weight to her endorsement, however much weight it might have. Further, there is now additional pressure on TayTay to endorse lest it looks like she's caving in to the haters. RWers just aren't very smart.

Ftr, putting this tangent in the EmptyG thread was a brain fart. I was trying to move it, but your reply prevented that. Opps.

Sir Charles explains

https://sports.yahoo.com/charles-barkle ... 42034.html

“ Speaking with Gayle King and Bob Costas on CNN, the popular "NBA on TNT" commentator used his usual bluntness to take aim at fans who have accused Swift of ruining football with her appearances at Kansas City Chiefs games to cheer on her boyfriend, All-Pro tight end Travis Kelce.”

Barkley, “ "I'm going to look right in that camera. If you’re screaming at Taylor Swift saying she ruined [football], you’re just a loser. You’re just a loser or a jackass. You can be A or B."‘
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:13 am
Sir Charles explains

https://sports.yahoo.com/charles-barkle ... 42034.html

“Speaking with Gayle King and Bob Costas on CNN, the popular 'NBA on TNT' commentator used his usual bluntness to take aim at fans who have accused Swift of ruining football with her appearances at Kansas City Chiefs games to cheer on her boyfriend, All-Pro tight end Travis Kelce.”

"Barkley, 'I'm going to look right in that camera. If you’re screaming at Taylor Swift saying she ruined [football], you’re just a loser. You’re just a loser or a jackass. You can be A or B.'"
:thumbup:

It's also funny that back when KC lost a game or two the losers and jackasses were blaming TayTay for being a distraction and even a Delilah, despite Travis' play never faltering. We don't hear so much from them anymore.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sure chose the correct thread title.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:34 pm
More than censure.

My God she's vile.

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1753074254017687819
If I was trying to parody EmptyG I would not be so ambitious as the irl stupid she spews every day:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Storms Out Of Hearing As Dem Lawmaker Puts Her On Blast
“She’s insane,” Rep. Robert Garcia said after the incident.

:violin:

:---P
Robert Julio Garcia (born December 2, 1977) is an American educator and politician serving as the U.S. representative for California's 42nd congressional district since 2023. A member of the Democratic Party, he served as the 28th mayor of Long Beach, California from 2014 to 2022. He was both the city's youngest and first elected openly LGBT mayor, as well as the first Latino to hold the office. He is the second person of color to be mayor of Long Beach, after Republican Eunice Sato, a Japanese-American who served from 1980 to 1982....

He is the first Peruvian-American to be elected to Congress, and was one of the leading figures in the expulsion of George Santos.
Future Governor? Back to EmptyG scathing:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Gets Brutal Fact-Check After Bizarre New Insurrection Claim
The conspiracy theorist lawmaker has a wild idea about what constitutes an insurrection.

Morgan Fairchild

Just maybe...hear me out now.... because Biden's inauguration was NOT an insurrection? And National Guard troops were there BECAUSE of the insurrection you helped organize just days before?
Morgan Fairchild in da house!
Republicans against Trump

What the hell is wrong with Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Joyce Alene
(... Obama US Atty |25 year fed'l prosecutor...)

My mom brought me up to keep my mouth shut when I didn't have anything nice to say, but she continues to try my patience
Congressman Robert Garcia

Ma’am, I saw you hug and high five the J6 insurrectionists in our DC Jail. And you got big mad today in our hearing when I called you out. Stop supporting these traitors.
Not the flex she thinks it is.
MeidasTouch

In MAGAdonia, trying to overturn an election through violence and pressure campaigns is not an insurrection, but a presidential inauguration is.
hey just one question, did anything happen at the capitol approximately 14 days before the inauguration that would have indicated a need for extra security?
Not possible to be dumber than this oxygen thief
:---P for all. More tweets at the link.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:30 am
Sure chose the correct thread title.

:---P for all. More tweets at the link.
I saw all these but just couldn't summon the energy to post this tripe.

Bravo to the congressman.

WTF is the only thing to be said about..
Greene: When they came to Washington to protest, you called that an insurrection but when Biden was inaugurated and this Capitol was surrounded with National Guard troops, none of you stood there and called that an insurrection

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Thanks to the new regime I don't get to see X conversations unless HuffPo or someone else compiles and posts them. I only see single Xes without any replies :(
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:13 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Thanks to the new regime I don't get to see X conversations unless HuffPo or someone else compiles and posts them. I only see single Xes without any replies :(
You could sign up for an anonymous account. I don't post nor have followers but sometimes it's cathartic to reply to the asinine posts.

I use a throwaway email account. I'm sure they track me, but I don't get spam or anything stupid in my inbox.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:09 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:13 pm
You could sign up for an anonymous account. I don't post nor have followers but sometimes it's cathartic to reply to the asinine posts.

I use a throwaway email account. I'm sure they track me, but I don't get spam or anything stupid in my inbox.
Thanks, but:
While irksome in principle, not being able to see X conversations keeps me out of rabbit holes;
If I could post, I would - a rabbit hole of my own creation;
I am neither clever enough nor famous enough to get many likes, many views, or quoted by HuffPo. So, each post would get seen by a handful of folks that I may never cross paths with again. Bleh;
Doesn't membership = more ad $$$ for Elon?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:12 pm

Another day in wingnut land. Has she ever had a good day?

Also obsessed with Hunter's hardware.

Seth noticed:
Awkward Marjorie Taylor Greene Moment Becomes A Running Gag For Seth Meyers
And the “Late Night” comedian explained why Fox News was to blame.

Seth Meyers used Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-Ga.) mispronunciation of the word “indictable” as “in-dick-ta-ble” in a recent House meeting as a recurring gag on Wednesday’s broadcast of NBC’s “Late Night.”

“Now, in fairness to Greene, it’s not like the word ‘indict’ has been in the news at all,” Meyers sarcastically said. “I blame Fox News for this. Maybe if you guys talked about Trump’s four indictments on air more, the GOP caucus would know how to pronounce it. I bet Marjorie Taylor Greene also says, ‘insure-erection’ and ‘classified dick-u-ments.’”

Meyers said “the worst part to me” wasn’t Greene’s mispronunciation because “that happens to all of us.”

“It is mispronouncing the word that is so fundamental to your job,” he explained. Greene’s slip-up occurred during a House meeting on the GOP’s now-failed baseless bid to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas....

Watch the video here:

MTG and House Republicans Humiliated as Mayorkas Impeachment Crashes and Burns: A Closer Look
:---P What a dict EmptyG is!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:40 pm

:---P What a dict EmptyG is!
These are the strangest times ever.