Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Eastern Tennessee men...

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:26 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:11 pm

And i know what you mean about them never replying....it's an epidemic with them. I rarely ever get anything back from the scathing beatdowns I send out now and then. I'm still gunning for that little religious weasel Robert Jeffries. He's at the top of my list. Marsha Blackburn is also making a comeback with her new advocacy of forcing foreign apps to infiltrate the US to spew bullshit and nonsense. I'm still working on this one. Half a chnce I'll get a reply....my message is quite clear. But they always are..
Appreciating your humour, but you do know they don't actually read emails, letters, etc., right? At one time, a congresscritter's vote might be affected by the volume of correspondence from constituents, but not anymore. They really don't give a shit.
Yeah, I always figured that it's only staff that read them. If you're lucky. I always get the standard canned response when I send Marsha messages....like "thank you for your correspondence" type bullshit.

I do think that somebody, maybe even Diana Harshbarger herself, at some point read one of my messages to her because I was kicked off her distribution list quite some time ago. I think it was right after the one where I asked her if her husband had repaid all that money he stole from Medicaid a few years ago.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tennessee woman...

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:30 am
She sent me an email touting her "Open Apps Market Act" that she says will "force big tech to (fill in the blank)" but it's all just bullshit. There's even ads running now from an activist group urging people to call their reps and tell them to vote against it. I don't know the details of it but if Marsha's behind it, it's gotta be loony.
Thanks. It's bipartisan.
Open App Markets Act

... The legislation aims to prevent Apple and Google, operators of the App Store and Google Play, respectively, from engaging in what supporters of the legislation deem anti-competitive practices in app markets. The Open App Markets Act is intended to protect the ability to sideload apps and prevent operators of app marketplaces from "self-preferencing" their own products. On February 3, 2022, the Senate Judiciary Committee advanced the legislation in a 20–2 bipartisan vote.

Support ...

Opposition ...
The activist group against it may be an Apple and Google front.

From the little I've read here I would be inclined to support Marsha Marsha Marsha's bill. Even a broken clock . . .
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Tennessee woman...

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:12 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:30 am
She sent me an email touting her "Open Apps Market Act" that she says will "force big tech to (fill in the blank)" but it's all just bullshit. There's even ads running now from an activist group urging people to call their reps and tell them to vote against it. I don't know the details of it but if Marsha's behind it, it's gotta be loony.
Thanks. It's bipartisan.
Open App Markets Act

... The legislation aims to prevent Apple and Google, operators of the App Store and Google Play, respectively, from engaging in what supporters of the legislation deem anti-competitive practices in app markets. The Open App Markets Act is intended to protect the ability to sideload apps and prevent operators of app marketplaces from "self-preferencing" their own products. On February 3, 2022, the Senate Judiciary Committee advanced the legislation in a 20–2 bipartisan vote.

Support ...

Opposition ...
The activist group against it may be an Apple and Google front.

From the little I've read here I would be inclined to support Marsha Marsha Marsha's bill. Even a broken clock . . .
From what I can tell, the opponents of it are emphasizing the national security aspects of letting stuff be downloaded that could be used to gather intelligence for a foreign entity. As if that isn't likely being done now. I don't know the details on either side; just figured if Marsha was for it, it had to be fucked up. But maybe this is one of those blind pig finding a nut things. We'll see, I guess.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:10 pm
From what I can tell, the opponents of it are emphasizing the national security aspects of letting stuff be downloaded that could be used to gather intelligence for a foreign entity. As if that isn't likely being done now. I don't know the details on either side; just figured if Marsha was for it, it had to be fucked up. But maybe this is one of those blind pig finding a nut things. We'll see, I guess.
I just saw my first ad: Congress should focus on inflation and leave our technology alone.
Boo hiss since they're unrelated and Congress can do many thing simultaneously, but that doesn't tell us anything about the underlying issue.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:49 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:10 pm
I just saw my first ad: Congress should focus on inflation and leave our technology alone.
Boo hiss since they're unrelated and Congress can do many thing simultaneously, but that doesn't tell us anything about the underlying issue.
That's similar to the one I've seen here. It went too quick for me to note who sponsored it, though. I'll pay closer attention next time I see it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

California woman...

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:26 am
Your hood:
California woman convicted of murdering stepfather after she found nude photos of herself on his computer

... Janks, who had been free on bail, was immediately taken into custody. She faces 25 years to life in prison for the slaying of Thomas Merriman, 64, a co-founder of Butterfly Farms in Encinitas. She is next due in court on April 3....

Merriman was killed on Dec. 31, 2020, not long after Janks found the compromising photos on his computer.

Janks drugged Merriman, suffocated him with a plastic bag and choked him to death, prosecutors said. A text message Janks sent to an acquaintance the day Merriman died, which was shown to jurors, read: "I just dosed the hell out of him." ...
I found this:

For example, DON'T text about the murder you just committed.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, ironic, eh? That text pretty much sealed her fate, which would likely have been way different if she had taken the approach suggested by one commenter:

Should have found a more qualified attorney is absolutely correct. That was a terrible choice of defense. "I found the pictures, confronted him, and he threatened to post them on the internet if I told anyone. I was distraught, didn't know what to do, and he escalated the threats, demanding sex. In a moment of despair I killed him." That has a good shot at getting the charges dropped entirely, and certainly lowered to manslaughter at most...and odds are good that a sympathetic jury acquits on that.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

:o
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Indiana Wingnut Man...

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Kansas Man submits entry for Darwin Award.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dog-steps-ri ... 05129.html

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:07 am
Joseph Austin says, only pussies use the safety.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Kansas Wingnut Man...

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:10 am
O Really wrote:
Joseph Austin says, only pussies use the safety.
:lol: , but that's why pussies have 9 lives and Joseph Austin didn't.

NRA press release: The only thing that will stop a baaad dog with a gun is a goood doggy with a gun.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tennessee Wingnut Men...

HIV at center of latest culture war after Tennessee rejects federal funds

Tennessee has rejected millions of dollars from the federal government for HIV/AIDS prevention - a move that public health experts worry will politicize the response to the disease and has the potential to destabilize decades of progress in getting the epidemic under control.

The controversy, which critics say was triggered by questions about the inclusion of transgender and abortion rights groups, is the latest example of Republican pushback against federal leadership and oversight that has resulted in clashes in areas that once had bipartisan support.

"This is something that is dangerous," said Greg Millett, director of public policy for Amfar, a leading AIDS nonprofit, and a former senior policy adviser in the White House Office of National AIDS Policy until 2014. "This is part of a larger backlash against public health we've been seeing in our country the past few years."

The tensions in Tennessee began in the fall, when Republican Gov. Bill Lee voiced disapproval of two HIV grant recipients spotlighted in conservative media - a task force on transgender health issues and Planned Parenthood. The conflict escalated late last week when the state announced that after May 31, it would no longer accept any money from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for testing, prevention and surveillance of HIV....
:roll: :obscene-birdiered:

This is the TRE45QN/Moscow Mitch/SINO McCarthy and Gov Bill Lee effect - red states racing each others to be the most hateful and self-destructive.
I guess the "right-to-life" only counts for some lives.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all politicians cared for all human beings rather than just those they need for their political survival in the culture they support....whatever that might be.
Is that all it takes to get a red state to refuse federal funds? Make everything in the budget about sexual issues. We might be able to eliminate the national debt in a couple of years.
I am a Christian and I spend a good bit of my time in retirement trying to help veterans and others in need. When Jesus told us that we need to take care of the "least of me", he wasn't talking about the wealthy, the healthy, and the self-righteous. I think what these people are doing to reject funds to help people in need is un-Christian and despicable.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

California Drivers...

O Really wrote:
I approve of this nomination.

Third car in 2 weeks falls into California sinkhole marked by "road closed" sign: "We can't make this stuff up"

Car length wide washout - check.
Public announcements - check.
Warning tape - check.
Caution signs - check.
Concrete barriers - check.
A massive sinkhole that has completely split a road a two-lane road in San Joaquin, California, has now swallowed three separate vehicles despite the hole being clearly marked, authorities say....

"THIS CAN'T BE REAL!" California Highway Patrol wrote on Facebook with photos of the incident. "We're at a loss for words. If only there were signs and/or barriers that could have prevented this." ...

https://www.facebook.com/CHPTracy/posts/486121613691010
:laughing-rolling:
There should be more dumb driver traps out there. Get the worst drivers off the road for a while.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ma truck'll go anywhere. Jus watch dis.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

"California Drivers" could have its own thread. In the past couple of weeks or so we've had:

Idiots trying to drive through 4-foot deep water;
In a neighborhood on a hill, a guy cuts through a yard and scoots off the hill in the back, crashing into the roof of a house below;
Guy's RV floating away from parking too close to the water on a beach he wasn't supposed to be on;
People driving the wrong direction on freeways;
Guy sailing off of freeway overpass;
Idiots getting blown off the 8 while trying to drive in Santa Ana winds with gusts approaching 100mph.
etc.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the guy who picked the wrong car to drive off the cliff to try to kill himself and his family. Them Teslas are tough, and everybody survived. He's charged with attempted murder.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:19 pm
"California Drivers" could have its own thread. In the past couple of weeks or so we've had:

Idiots trying to drive through 4-foot deep water;
In a neighborhood on a hill, a guy cuts through a yard and scoots off the hill in the back, crashing into the roof of a house below;
Guy's RV floating away from parking too close to the water on a beach he wasn't supposed to be on;
People driving the wrong direction on freeways;
Guy sailing off of freeway overpass;
Idiots getting blown off the 8 while trying to drive in Santa Ana winds with gusts approaching 100mph.
etc.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the guy who picked the wrong car to drive off the cliff to try to kill himself and his family. Them Teslas are tough, and everybody survived. He's charged with attempted murder.

Can you imagine if Florida had cliffs?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Tennessee Wingnut Men...

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Family Values South Dakota Repugs working to pertek the chidren from reading about rainbows and crossdressing:

"Joel Koskan, who ran for SD Senate, pleads guilty to 2 counts of felony incest"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joel-koskan- ... 25752.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:07 pm
Family Values South Dakota Repugs working to pertek the chidren from reading about rainbows and crossdressing:

"Joel Koskan, who ran for SD Senate, pleads guilty to 2 counts of felony incest"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joel-koskan- ... 25752.html
... He was sentenced in a Hughes County court room to 10 years in the South Dakota State Penitentiary....
:---P

"family-values espouser" :puke-left:
The family including his wife supported the rapist of his adopted daughter and pressured her to retract. :angry-cussing:

Campaign website is shutdown and his NSAbook pages have gone private. I can't even find pre-accusation articles about the race.

South Dakota state Senate candidate Joel Koskan charged with child abuse, documents say
November 3, 2022

The election was 5 days later. Still, the vote was:
Shawn Bordeaux (D) 58.3% 3,482
Joel Koskan (R) 41.7% 2,495
https://ballotpedia.org/Joel_Koskan

41.7% :wtf: South Dakota :roll:

Otherwise:

Republicans retake commanding supermajorities in both (SD) legislative chambers

:puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left:
1312. ETTD.