#LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Re: #LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb

Unread post by bannination »

Lauren Boebert blames Ryan Reynolds and Barbra Streisand for fleeing to safer district

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... tm_source=

Now I'm even more of a fan of both of them.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:59 pm
Lauren Boebert blames Ryan Reynolds and Barbra Streisand for fleeing to safer district

:crybaby: Poor BoBo. :crybaby:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:06 pm
bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:59 pm

:crybaby: Poor BoBo. :crybaby:
Aspen has liberal celebrities and this is a new thing, Rep Bozobert? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Dumbert's efforts at rehabbing her trashy image seems to have hit a pothole. Got into physical altercation with ex in a restaurant.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/07/lauren-b ... stigating/

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:08 pm
Dumbert's efforts at rehabbing her trashy image seems to have hit a pothole. Got into physical altercation with ex in a restaurant.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/07/lauren-b ... stigating/
The phrase "Hot Mess" comes to mind.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

How much of an idiot do you have to be to know (a) you're an easily recognizable public figure; (b)lotsa people out to getcha; (c)relationship with ex is somewhat volatile and then decide it's a good idea to meet the ex at a restaurant and then do anything other than walk away when things look to be escalating. Like a trashier Lindsey Lohan at her worst.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:51 pm
How much of an idiot do you have to be to know (a) you're an easily recognizable public figure; (b)lotsa people out to getcha; (c)relationship with ex is somewhat volatile and then decide it's a good idea to meet the ex at a restaurant and then do anything other than walk away when things look to be escalating. Like a trashier Lindsey Lohan at her worst.
In the end he got arrested and she didn't. Idk if that helps her out.

Rep. Lauren Boebert’s ex-husband recants claim she struck him; police say he faces charges in two incidents

The path back to Congress just got easier for Bozobert, not sure by how much:

Colorado congressional candidate Mike Lynch (R) was arrested for drunken driving in 2022

The failed coverup on top of the bust will hopefully hurt him more. Coward.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:52 pm

The path back to Congress just got easier for Bozobert, not sure by how much:

Colorado congressional candidate Mike Lynch (R) was arrested for drunken driving in 2022

The failed coverup on top of the bust will hopefully hurt him more. Coward.
Only the best and the brightest.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Goody!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

People who buy tix to a debate are not necessarily representative of the electorate. Plus, pols strive to pack all such fora with their own supporters. So, straw poll results may only reflect who did that best. Then, only 2/3 of attendees participated in the straw poll - I'm not sure what to read into that.

For better or worse Bozobert is likely to have the greatest name recognition in the primary. We'll see.

Idle speculation: Since the district will elect a RepuQ who will toe the party line on most or all votes, would we rather the Rep be responsible-appearing or be Bozobert, posterchild for GQP lunacy and shame?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:24 am

People who buy tix to a debate are not necessarily representative of the electorate.

Idle speculation: Since the district will elect a RepuQ who will toe the party line on most or all votes, would we rather the Rep be responsible-appearing or be Bozobert, posterchild for GQP lunacy and shame?
People "buy" tickets to a debate?

The votes will be the same, but the hypocrisy and hyper partisanship may be different.

Fuck her, throw her out. She's an idiot who's time is up, it's time to start her new career as an evangelist.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:

For better or worse Bozobert is likely to have the greatest name recognition in the primary. We'll see.

Yeah and in this case it might be "for worse." People be like "I don't know who I'm voting for, but it ain't gonna be that crazy bitch."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:14 am
Vrede too wrote:

People who buy tix to a debate are not necessarily representative of the electorate.

People "buy" tickets to a debate?

That threw me, too. The article I read did not elaborate and I don't care enough to research further.

The votes will be the same, but the hypocrisy and hyper partisanship may be different.

Safe RepuQ district, I wouldn't count on it. The biggest improvement in dumping her may be less sheer stupidity, cra-cra and overt hatefulness, maybe.

Fuck her, throw her out. She's an idiot who's time is up, it's time to start her new career as an evangelist.

:thumbup: The ushers and choir will all be open carry.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:55 am
Vrede too wrote:

Yeah and in this case it might be "for worse." People be like "I don't know who I'm voting for, but it ain't gonna be that crazy bitch."
Could be, it got MadCaw primaried . . . barely. If he'd had more than one serious primary opponent like Bozobert does, he would have been the nominee. He still MIGHT have lost the general, though. If Bozobert somehow gets nominated in CO3, she will be a 3-term Rep :angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:12 pm

Could be, it got MadCaw primaried . . . barely. If he'd had more than one serious primary opponent like Bozobert does, he would have been the nominee. He still MIGHT have lost the general, though. If Bozobert somehow gets nominated in CO3, she will be a 3-term Rep :angry-banghead:
But that was in MadCaw's own district where there were a lot of people who had already voted for him and (incredibly) many who would want him to stay. Nobody is CO3 has ever voted for Bimbo before, and yet her reputation precedes her.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:37 pm
But that was in MadCaw's own district where there were a lot of people who had already voted for him and (incredibly) many who would want him to stay. Nobody is CO3 has ever voted for Bimbo before, and yet her reputation precedes her.
All true, she might be toast. She would have been toast in CO4. We'll see, crazy stuff happens in elections with more than 2 serious candidates. I wouldn't bet against her . . . yet.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well, I don't think anybody's going to believe the "I moved for my family" crap. They're going to hammer her with the carpetbagger baggage as well as the theatre incident and the trailer-trashy behaviour.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:41 pm
Well, I don't think anybody's going to believe the "I moved for my family" crap. They're going to hammer her with the carpetbagger baggage as well as the theatre incident and the trailer-trashy behaviour.
Have you met the average RepuQ voter? ;)

Idk if plurality wins in CO, or if runoffs are forced. If the latter, I agree with you that her DC career is over. MadCaw's successor, Chuck Edwards :puke-left: , won the nomination with a plurality, barely.

Speaking of the asshole:
Edwards: only American citizens should determine representation in Congress

U.S. Congressman Chuck Edwards (NC-11) Thursday introduced the No Representation Without Legal Immigration Act to prohibit anyone who is not a United States citizen from counting toward the population totals that determine the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives....

A 2020 Pew Research study found that according to the 2020 Census data, Texas, Florida and California would each lose one congressional seat and Alabama, Minnesota and Ohio would each gain one congressional seat if unauthorized immigrants were not included in the population count.
In other words, it's just pandering to the White supremacists with minimal real world affect.
Letter: Edwards outs himself with census bill

It’s good that Chuck Edwards has outed himself with his attention-seeking “No Representation Without Legal Immigration Act” proposal. Republicans claim to be “originalists” about the Constitution, but Edwards wants to rewrite it to suit his perversity. In the Constitution, the census is supposed to be an accurate count of the number of people living in the USA and each state “according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed …”

Reactionary Edwards has decided who should count and who shouldn’t. On the one hand, he hearkens back to the three-fifths compromise that his slaveholder political ancestors invented to not count enslaved Black Americans as full human beings, while not losing the advantage of counting them to wield political power for the slave states. On the other hand, he appears to be unfamiliar with the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments, which freed those slaves and attempted to ensure their right to vote. Perhaps Edwards is still enthralled with his Confederate and Jim Crow political guides.

Not counting people who can’t vote? Might as well not count anyone under 18 years old. That would go over well, wouldn’t it? Not counting noncitizens? Those people, whether documented or undocumented, pay many billions in taxes, rebuild communities decimated by natural disasters (while anti-immigrant politicians turn a blind eye) and — lest we forget — probably had major roles in planting, harvesting, cooking, serving and cleaning up from many of Edwards’ last 100 meals. As well as working so many of the essential low-paid, difficult and dangerous jobs that very few citizens want any longer.

Of course, the people Edwards doesn’t want to count are overwhelmingly people of color. With his stunt, Edwards reveals himself to be an out-and-out racist and a true believer (much above “love thy neighbor as thyself”) in the “great replacement theory,” which is a favorite of Edwards’ mob boss, DJ Trump.

— Paul Weichselbaum
Hendersonville
:---P As I said.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Methinks Mr. Weichselbaum is a bit of a drama queen. I don't particularly agree with Edwards, and I disagree with the proposal at least in major part because it doesn't have any real world effect. However, the issue is counting heads for the purpose of determining representatives, not a survey of what various people contribute or cost. And I'd guess that the people Edwards wants to disqualify probably aren't getting much if any representation anyway. Certainly not from Edwards and his like.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

She's officially giving me the heebie jeebies.