Where's Merrick?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Where's Merrick?

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Holy shit.

In three days?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:42 pm
Holy shit.

In three days?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MuellerSheWr ... 2824645632
Devil's advocate:
Merrick thought that he could handle the Dolt .45 prosecution (or non-prosecution, billy.pilgrim) himself.
Merrick instantly knew that he wanted the Biden docs investigation hot potato off of his desk. Any press conferences or House hearings would have become clusterfucks.

I think he MAY be doing the right thing with Joe's docs, including the haste.
I think he probably dropped the ball, for whatever reasons, with the Dolt .45 docs and other investigations.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:42 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Holy shit.

In three days?

Devil's advocate:
Merrick thought that he could handle the Dolt .45 prosecution (or non-prosecution, billy.pilgrim) himself.
Merrick instantly knew that he wanted the Biden docs investigation hot potato off of his desk. Any press conferences or House hearings would have become clusterfucks.

I think he probably dropped the ball, for whatever reasons, with the Dolt .45 docs and other investigations.
Maybe, but....

Seems like he operates on fear more than anything else.

Fear of repercussions of rightfully prosecuting trump and fear of the fallout of not appointing a special counsel.

In the end it's probably the right thing to do but as a sitting president apparently can't be prosecuted (Ha!) is this thing going to sit on a shelf for two or six years? Republican's brains will explode.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:13 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Holy shit.

In three days?

Devil's advocate:

Maybe, but....

Fear of repercussions of rightfully prosecuting trump and fear of the fallout of not appointing a special counsel.

In the end it's probably the right thing to do but as a sitting president apparently can't be prosecuted (Ha!) is this thing going to sit on a shelf for two or six years? Republican's brains will explode.
Merrick is maga all the way. Hur was appointed by trump.

Lock up Biden, trump and merrick
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Devil's advocate:

Maybe, but....

Agreed. At best he is the consummate bureaucrat.
Assuming that Merrick has the same opinion on the matter as Barr - I don't think the courts have ever ruled - yes, this special prosecutor is like Mueller - theoretical prosecution of any co-conspirators, investigation only of Joe.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:21 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Devil's advocate:

Maybe, but....

Agreed. At best he is the consummate bureaucrat.
Assuming that Merrick has the same opinion on the matter as Barr - I don't think the courts have ever ruled - yes, this special prosecutor is like Mueller - theoretical prosecution of any co-conspirators, investigation only of Joe.
Do you really believe that?
I see it as similar to the differences between white and black voter fraud, DUI, and ... But it's repug vs dem.

Investigation of trump will be focused and trumps will never have to be interviewed under oath.
Investigation of Biden will include Hunter and Biden will have to testifying under oath.

Give it time
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:03 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:21 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Do you really believe that?
I see it as similar to the differences between white and black voter fraud, DUI, and ... But it's repug vs dem.

Investigation of trump will be focused and trumps will never have to be interviewed under oath.
Investigation of Biden will include Hunter and Biden will have to testifying under oath.

Give it time
-0-? It's a conditional statement in reply to GoCubsGo. If Merrick offers up the opinion that a sitting POTUS can be prosecuted we've got a whole new discussion on our hands. I have no personal opinion on what the law and Constitution say on the matter. Maybe we'll see.

Objectively, I think there's a much stronger case against Dolt .45 given the sheer volume of docs and his months of resistance, lies, and subpoena dodging, none of which Joe did AFAIK.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

IIRC,
It's DOJ policy (only) that prevents a sitting president from being indicted while in office as it would severely hinder them in the discharge of their duties.

I don't think the constitution has a thing to say about it.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I've got an idea: Biden makes a speech in which he says something like "I was not aware of the classified documents found, but followed procedure after the were found. Nevertheless, I am ultimately responsible for what happens on my watch and if this is a problem, I 'll resign, making VP Harris President Harris for a couple of years."

(Screams from the Repug gallery as their heads blow up like they were in "Halloween III Season of the Witch."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: thanks maga Merrick

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jack-smit ... nald-trump

"Sun Tzu opined that: “He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.” That applies to when to rush and when to wait. The time to rush would have been much earlier for DOJ if they had any realistic hope of getting this case tried before entering the red zone of the next presidential election cycle. With 20/20 hindsight, I think DOJ should have waited and brought the case in D.C. where it would have had a better jury pool and—most importantly—no Judge Cannon."

Slo-walker merrick has blown the case, but he got trump his judge.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Where's Slo-Walker?

https://youtu.be/bXamIvsN2PM

This outlines how merrick has ignored prosecuting his boy trump - he just ignores his job repeatedly.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:11 am

This outlines how merrick has ignored prosecuting his boy trump - he just ignores his job repeatedly.
Jack Smith is on the job. It's not being ignored.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:27 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

It was ignored for over 2 years. I still have little hope that this plays out right.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:43 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:27 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

It was ignored for over 2 years. I still have little hope that this plays out right.
IIRC, there's been recent grand jury testimony from some of the fake electors. I have more confidence in Smith than Merrick.

But my fingers and toes are still crossed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:13 am
IIRC, there's been recent grand jury testimony from some of the fake electors. I have more confidence in Smith than Merrick.

Yep, at least 8 fake Georgia electors were granted immunity by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.
viewtopic.php?p=183650#p183650

Idk if the feds are going after them in Georgia or other states. I hope so, they are all traitorous, democracy-hating scum.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:14 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:13 am

Yep, at least 8 fake Georgia electors were granted immunity by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.
viewtopic.php?p=183650#p183650

Idk if the feds are going after them in Georgia or other states. I hope so, they are all traitorous, democracy-hating scum.
Watch the link.merrick has been asked to do something for over two years now. He's done nothing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

IDK, if Nixon would have been tried for his crimes it likely would have been five years after he committed them.

Shit moves slow.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:22 pm
IDK, if Nixon would have been tried for his crimes it likely would have been five years after he committed them.

Shit moves slow.
Agreed, that's why any decent AG would have started doing things over 2 years ago when various states and agencies requested.
His timing could delay until trump is elected.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Everything that’s happening now lends to proof that Merrick could have initiated serious investigation starting on 3/12/21, instead of doing nothing for 20 months before dumping his responsibilities onto Special Counsel Smith. 20 months. One year and 8 months.
Almost 2 years of smoke and mirrors, meanwhile he wastes time on low level idiots, racists and tea people who made fools of themselves at trump’s behest.
We all knew that Campaign laws were broken, campaign donation monies used personally and that there was significant foreign involvement, yet no Merrick.
MAGA Merrick and his friend Joe are still looking for the red stapler.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Hur, Hur, Hur says maga merrick

I been saying it since day one. There are no other explanations - merrick is all maga.

Anyone else would have hit the ground running.
The doj couldn’t get Capone for any of his major crimes and went with tax evasion because it was easy.
maga merrick had a slam dunk with campaign finance and instead of taking the easy win, he waited and he wanted and he waited for the big beautiful statute of
limitations that trump wanted so badly.

I can even see the “give them the idiots who participated” as having come from trump’s side.
It looks great if he wins and pardons the patriotic hostages - if there’s fraud again and he loses, so what, a few idiots spend a few years in jail. FREE THE HOSTAGES, FREE THE HOSTAGES