Where's Merrick?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Where's Merrick?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:53 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:47 pm
Understood that nobody wants to take a shot at Trump and miss - there probably won't be but one failed opportunity, but if the first charge is successful, more will follow. But jeez, how much is needed to charge him with something that would stick. The guy is a walking encyclopedia of criminal behaviour.
I think a big part of the problem is finding an impartial jury and that the standard of reasonable doubt would have to be exceeded.
I thought just today that it will only take one cult member on the jury to sink convicting trump. And I seriously expect that among twelve people and a handful of alternates that at least a couple of them will be cult members. Maybe as many as four or five. And it will only take one.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:11 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:
Understood that nobody wants to take a shot at Trump and miss - there probably won't be but one failed opportunity, but if the first charge is successful, more will follow. But jeez, how much is needed to charge him with something that would stick. The guy is a walking encyclopedia of criminal behaviour.
I think a big part of the problem is finding an impartial jury and that the standard of reasonable doubt would have to be exceeded.
I thought just today that it will only take one cult member on the jury to sink convicting trump. And I seriously expect that among twelve people and a handful of alternates that at least a couple of them will be cult members. Maybe as many as four or five. And it will only take one.
Part of my point.

They can hang a jury but can't acquit.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:05 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:11 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:
Part of my point.

They can hang a jury but can't acquit.
All good points.

My real concern is that Putin will invade the USA and put Trump back in the White House.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:41 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, worrying about the US being invaded by Russia is what sent me on this Vivarium kick. I think I'll go back to the Super Silver Haze.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:14 pm
Yeah, worrying about the US being invaded by Russia is what sent me on this Vivarium kick. I think I'll go back to the Super Silver Haze.
Have you ever been off the Super Silver Haze?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:16 pm
( :crybaby: )
Have you ever realized that your fear of pot does not make you superior? In fact, your insufferable snootiness about it makes you pitiable.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Don't be ridiculous. Of course I've "been off" the Super Silver Haze. It mostly happens when I'm on the Super Gold Haze or Super Bronze Haze or, most recently, the Super Skunk Green Haze.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:47 am
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Don't be ridiculous. Of course I've "been off" the Super Silver Haze. It mostly happens when I'm on the Super Gold Haze or Super Bronze Haze or, most recently, the Super Skunk Green Haze.
Have you ever considered going off mind altering substances for more than a few minutes?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:07 am
( :crybaby: )
Have you ever considered that mind altering substances would at least give you an excuse for your chronic whiny stupidity?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Have you ever considered going off mind altering substances for more than a few minutes?
I've considered it. What's your point?

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:53 pm
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
I've considered it. What's your point?
Perhaps you could try it?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Where's maga Merrick?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Is Merrick maga?
His bumper sticker style platitudes seem more republican wordsmith than not. "No person is above the law in this country"

Was Merrick a repub plant brainwashed, trained and disguised as a moderate progressive during the 50s McCarthy Communist Scare to stand by god's will poised to Save god's next Savior?

Merrick is an intelligent, educated and an experienced judge, who outwardly appears in every way to be a moderate dem. What else could explain his ignoring trumps collusion with putin, his election interference, his campaign finance crimes, his improper use of Inauguration funds? An investigation into these crimes and others could have started in his merrick's first month, now 20 months gone and still nothing.
What else could explain his ignoring referrals from Archives over trump stealing highly classified material that he carried with him to impress or maybe sell to a highest world bidder, or some new bestist friend, or respected murderer?
What else could explain his ignoring months of requests by the 1/6 Committee and criticism by some in the media before his final weak pretense at a single prosecution over the stolen documents and his slow walk while waiting for the anticipated huge republican red wave tsunami in the House and Senate?

Could trump be holding merrick's mother hostage?

Where's Merrick

Judge says Trump's political actions around 2020 election not protected by 'absolute immunity'

And he's still whining about Congress not doing his job for him
“We would like to have all the transcripts and all the other evidence collected by the committee so that we can use it in the ordinary course of our investigation,” Garland said.

Yet over the past nearly 2 years he hasn't interviewed anyone.
Shame on Joe for waiting this long to fire this obvious maga ag.

Another good one - fuck you Merrick

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... t-00012990

"Opinion | How Merrick Garland May Have Laid a Trap for Biden
The attorney general’s deferral to local prosecutors to investigate the former president set a dangerous precedent for future Democrats."

Lots more at the link
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Someone found Merrick. He's doing trumps bidding

And prosecuting free speech for trump.

Kinda leaves me thinking that Biden socks too.

Publishing is not a crime.

"Twelve years after WikiLeaks exposed the dirty secrets of U.S. diplomacy in a massive publication of State Department cables, co-founder Julian Assange remains in a high-security British prison awaiting extradition to the United States. He faces espionage charges that could add up to 175 years in U.S. prison.

Attorney General Merrick Garland has the power to drop the case against Assange immediately. Instead, the Biden administration has continued the effort at prosecution begun under former President Donald Trump.

Assange’s indictment presents a critical threat to the First Amendment and to press freedom in the U.S. and abroad. It sets a precedent that could easily be used against any journalist publishing sensitive information — a major reason Obama’s Justice Department did not pursue the case.

The five major international media outlets that published cables from WikiLeaks are now calling for President Joe Biden’s Justice Department to end its prosecution of Assange immediately."

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/publi ... on_assange
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:03 pm

Some would disagree.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:54 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:03 pm

Some would disagree.
True, and I don't know enough to say, but I imagine that Obama did and I'll go with that.

Obama agreed
trump didn't
Biden and Merrick are following trump

That's enough info for me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:42 pm
True, and I don't know enough to say, but I imagine that Obama did and I'll go with that.

Obama agreed
trump didn't
Biden and Merrick are following trump

That's enough info for me.
It was iffy with Obama. He and Holder investigated and hounded Assange for years before deciding not to prosecute.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_As ... gal_issues
https://theintercept.com/2019/04/11/the ... -freedoms/

The chief difference is that TRE45QN and now apparently Biden are somewhat less inclined to defend the 1st Amendment.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:58 pm

The chief difference is that TRE45QN and now apparently Biden are somewhat less inclined to defend the 1st Amendment.
It's by no means clear that the 1st Amendment protects such publishing, depending on the circumstances.

"Despite the case of the Pentagon Papers, unauthorized publication of classified documents still receives little constitutional protection outside the context of prior restraint. The government can prosecute people for publishing or otherwise disseminating classified information, and classified documents are exempt from the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act."

Good discussion here, which will surely not result in uniform agreement on most anything.
https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/ar ... -documents

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:50 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:58 pm

It's by no means clear that the 1st Amendment protects such publishing, depending on the circumstances.

"Despite the case of the Pentagon Papers, unauthorized publication of classified documents still receives little constitutional protection outside the context of prior restraint. The government can prosecute people for publishing or otherwise disseminating classified information, and classified documents are exempt from the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act."

Good discussion here, which will surely not result in uniform agreement on most anything.
https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/ar ... -documents
Priorities. maga Merrick has no time to prosecute trump's current crimes. Instead he has plenty of time to attack an almost 20 year old crime.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... mar-a-lago

In the case of the classified documents, it’s more serious for Trump than Biden

This headline begs the question: is Merrick maga?

Our doj immediately jumped on Biden's screw up, yet ignored trump’s many well known crimes and specifically the referral from the National Archives for months until public pressure got him to make a show.

I'm betting on a big investigation by the House. Maybe it'll be this year, or maybe they'll wait until next year if Joe really wants to subject the dems to an 80+ year old candidate who allows Merrick to run the doj and DeJoy to ruin the Post Office