Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:07 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:33 pm
I suppose Garland could adopt an aggressive stance but the cult would scream bloody murder, pushing us all closer to the edge. When you're dealing with crazy people, you have to be patient.
This is good advice for dealing with your posts, as well.
Well, hell, be patient. I'm not done yet.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:24 pm
:roll: Again.

North Carolina Supreme Court strikes down GOP-drawn congressional map

This has been going on for years, well before 2020. The democracy-hating Repugs get spanked every time.

Cool.

While this ruling can only be good for NC, why do I fear that it will end up with MadCaw being my Rep again? :angry-banghead:
Today:
Panel of NC judges approves new voting maps; State House announces plans to appeal ruling

... The newly-approved congressional map puts the 11th district back in western North Carolina.
The RepuQs are whining like toddlers, so it's probably an improvement. MadCaw will have to refile, almost certainly in NC11. TV news suggested that he might have burned some bridges by filing in the now irrelevant NC13.

Also:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 pm
NC state Sen. Chuck Edwards officially announces run for 14th Congressional District seat

:roll: McDonald's franchise mogul Edwards (R) has been my state senator for years. He's an asshole....

Edwards would be MadCaw without the lunacy.
A guess: Edwards will file in NC11. His relative sanity will not necessarily prevail vs MadCaw's xtian extremist support. The district will still lean GQP. Idk if a Dem will have a shot.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Oh look, elections tampering and fraud is real:
Colorado clerk is indicted for election tampering and misconduct

A grand jury has indicted a Colorado county clerk, Tina Peters (R), and her deputy on a laundry list of charges related to an election security breach in her office last summer that was influenced by former President Donald Trump's false claims that he won the 2020 election.

The charges against Peters come as election workers around the U.S. face death threats amid a national disinformation campaign that has falsely alleged wide-scale election tampering in 2020. Peters' case is particularly worrisome to many who run elections as a sign that insiders might act upon those conspiracy theories, further undermining confidence in the voting process.

Peters, who's the county clerk and recorder in Mesa County, in western Colorado, faces 10 counts, including seven felony charges and three misdemeanors. The felony charges include attempting to influence a public servant, identity theft, criminal impersonation and conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation. The misdemeanors include first-degree official misconduct, violation of duty and failure to comply with the requirements of the secretary of state.
Guess who represents Mesa County in Congress.
Spoiler:
#LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb, of course.
Her deputy, Belinda Knisley, has been indicted on six counts, including attempt to influence a public servant, conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation, violation of duty and failure to comply with the requirements of the secretary of state.
That's a lot of felonies between the two of them. :clap: :clap:
The pair is accused of helping an unauthorized person make copies of sensitive voting-machine hard drives and attend an annual software update. Information from the machines and secure passwords were later shared with election conspiracy theorists online. Shortly after the data was leaked, Peters appeared at an event put on by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, one of the leading promoters of the conspiracy theory that the 2020 election was rigged.
I'm shocked that there's a Lindell connection, utterly shocked.
... Peters recently announced she is running for secretary of state against incumbent Democrat Jena Griswold, who has been a driving force in the investigation against her. Griswold first said her office would look into a possible security breach last August....

Republican Party leaders in Colorado urged Peters to suspend her campaign.

"It is our belief, as leaders of the Colorado Republican Party, that any Republican candidate who is indicted with felonies by a grand jury and who will be charged by a Republican District Attorney should suspend their campaign while they undergo the legal challenges associated with those indictments," said a joint statement from the party's top leaders....
Opps.

Lock them up!
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:18 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:07 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:33 pm
I suppose Garland could adopt an aggressive stance but the cult would scream bloody murder, pushing us all closer to the edge. When you're dealing with crazy people, you have to be patient.
This is good advice for dealing with your posts, as well.
Well, hell, be patient. I'm not done yet.
I would say you're more on the overdone side.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:10 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Federal judge rules Florida voting limits had ‘intent to discriminate against Black voters’

A federal judge in Florida issued a forceful ruling Thursday that blocked parts of Florida’s controversial election law, finding that some of the GOP-crafted restrictions it contained were passed “with the intent to discriminate against Black voters.”

In a 288-page ruling, U.S. District Judge Mark Walker invalidated certain limits the law placed on ballot drop boxes, voter registration by third parties and the distributing of water to those waiting in line to vote, determining the restrictions violated the Voting Rights Act and constitutional protections.

“At some point, when the Florida Legislature passes law after law disproportionately burdening Black voters, this Court can no longer accept that the effect is incidental,” wrote Walker, an Obama appointee to the federal bench in Tallahassee. “Based on the indisputable pattern set out above, this Court finds that, in the past 20 years, Florida has repeatedly sought to make voting tougher for Black voters because of their propensity to favor Democratic candidates.”

Florida’s Senate Bill 90 has been the subject of intense court fighting since being signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) last May following a near party-line vote in the state’s GOP-held legislature, with supporters arguing the tighter restrictions were needed to ensure election integrity and bolster voter confidence.

Civil rights groups and other critics blasted the measure as a cynical ploy to suppress likely Democratic voters, including racial minorities, using former President Trump’s false claims about the 2020 election being subject to widespread fraud as a pretext.

Judge Walker, in addition to blocking the Florida voting restrictions at issue, said that over the next decade the state must get the federal government’s approval — through a practice known as “preclearance” — before attempting to enact new limits on absentee ballot drop boxes, voter registration and the distribution of food or water to those waiting in line to vote.

In his decision, Walker fired a shot across the bow of the 6-3 conservative majority Supreme Court, citing to its recent voting rights decisions and noting that “the right to vote, and the (Voting Rights Act) particularly, are under siege.”

“Federal courts must not lose sight of the spirit that spurred the VRA’s passage,” Walker wrote, referring to the Voting Rights Act. “In June 1965, Martin Luther King Jr. wrote a letter to the New York Amsterdam News urging Congress to pass the VRA. In it, he wrote that ‘to deny a person the right to exercise his political freedom at the polls is no less a dastardly act as to deny a Christian the right to petition God in prayer.’”

“Federal courts would not countenance a law denying Christians their sacred right to prayer,” Walker added, “and they should not countenance a law denying Floridians their sacred right to vote.”
:---P :happy-cheerleaderkid: , for now. The 11th Circuit is con, thanks in part to former PINO.

Judge Mark E. Walker has made several voting rights rulings, usually defending or expanding them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_E._W ... le_rulings

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:24 pm
:roll: Again.

North Carolina Supreme Court strikes down GOP-drawn congressional map

This has been going on for years, well before 2020. The democracy-hating Repugs get spanked every time.

Cool.

While this ruling can only be good for NC, why do I fear that it will end up with MadCaw being my Rep again? :angry-banghead:
Now Florida:

Judge says he'll block Gov. Ron DeSantis' redistricting plan

:---P White supremacists lose, again.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I weep for my former home state of Pennsylvania where once proud USW workers produced the steel that built the country, UMW miners produced the prevalent energy of the time, and the cities held great cultural and educational centers. Never without its warts and occasional scandals, but its citizens were a diverse and proud bunch of mostly good "salt of the land" people. It's been said, of course, that Pennsylvania is a very large state with Philadelphia on one end, Pittsburgh on the other and Alabama in between. Some truth to that, but it worked because most of the people (and voters) didn't live in the Alabama part. Unfortunately that stench seems to have infested the rest of the state.
Totally screwed.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

We live in very, very odd times.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:23 am
Agreed, but it may also be that it's just America's turn in the societal break-down barrel. We aren't the first country it's happened to. But stuff happens faster now, and everybody knows about everything within minutes. I guess there have been uprising of the unwashed peasants before, but I don't recall ever reading about a takeover by the intentionally uneducated and ignorant.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:33 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Agreed, but it may also be that it's just America's turn in the societal break-down barrel. We aren't the first country it's happened to. But stuff happens faster now, and everybody knows about everything within minutes. I guess there have been uprising of the unwashed peasants before, but I don't recall ever reading about a takeover by the intentionally uneducated and ignorant.
So much for first world country.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:14 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:33 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
So much for first world country.
It gets worse:
Why Republicans want to redefine one word in the Constitution

The US Supreme Court is on a tear remaking the way Americans live.

It cut back states’ abilities to regulate the carrying of guns.

It gave states the power to outlaw abortion.

It undercut the power of the Environmental Protection Agency and other government agencies to regulate polluters.

Next up could be a complete re-imagining of American democracy, where, if a legal theory based on the word “legislature” is adopted by the Supreme Court, state lawmakers could, in theory, have new power to ignore voters and pick presidents.

The conservative-majority court has agreed to hear a North Carolina case that pits the state’s GOP-controlled legislature against state courts that threw out congressional maps they said were gerrymandered.

Here’s what to know:

What’s the independent state legislature theory?

The Constitution refers specifically to the “legislature” in each state determining the time and manner of federal elections.

Backers of the “Independent State Legislature Claim” argue that since the Constitution doesn’t name other parts of state government – including courts – they should have no power to check the legislature on the subject of federal elections. Even if a state’s constitution or laws give power to courts or a governor, the theory argues legislatures should be able to ignore them.

The seeds for this idea, according to the liberal-leaning Brennan Center for Justice, come from a concurring opinion by then-Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist in the Bush v. Gore decision that settled the 2000 presidential election....
Thanks Florida. :roll:

The democracy-hating GQP in my NC's legislature has thrown tens of millions of taxpayer dollars at so far failed attempts to bizarrely gerrymander districts for racist and uber-partisan purposes. Only the courts have stood in the way of their deplorable schemes. Let's all hope that the fringe con, activist SCOTUS doesn't redefine elections for all time. Otherwise, either party gets to toss democratic principles out the window.

Comments:
I agree with Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming. You cannot support the Constitution and the rule of law, and support Donald Trump. In regard to ISL, the whole idea is preposterous and will be the end of our democracy.
It's really too bad the GOP can't run viable candidates, that they must cheat, restrict voting, gerrymander to win elections.
And thus, the last domino will fall and the Republican dictatorship will be complete
Only way republicans can win is cheat. Usually the one who cries loudest about something the other side is allegedly doing, are the ones who are actually doing that very thing.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

It's absurd on it's face, but that doesn't mean this court will see it that way.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I read about this thing yesterday, shook my head, and kept on drinking. Crazy time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:25 pm
Oh look, elections tampering and fraud is real:
Colorado clerk is indicted for election tampering and misconduct

A grand jury has indicted a Colorado county clerk, Tina Peters (R), and her deputy on a laundry list of charges related to an election security breach in her office last summer that was influenced by former President Donald Trump's false claims that he won the 2020 election....
Guess who represents Mesa County in Congress.
Spoiler:
#LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb, of course.

That's a lot of felonies between the two of them. :clap:

I'm shocked that there's a Lindell connection, utterly shocked.

Opps.

Lock them up!
Hat trick of Pubs:

3rd arrest made in alleged Colorado election security breach

:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Video gives details on alleged Ga. election breach

Security video from a rural county in Georgia shows local election and Republican Party officials were present when voting equipment was accessed in what the secretary of state's office calls an unauthorized breach
:roll: :ateeth:

Not counting the occasional confused felon that might be casting an illegal ballot for either party, voter fraud like at The Villages, massive election fraud like in NC9, and other election lawbreaking is almost ALWAYS by RepuQs. What part of 'illegal' do they not understand?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Election Lie Supporters Ask Supreme Court To Bless Radical Election Changes
Lawyer John Eastman, Trump aides Stephen Miller and Mark Meadows and insurrection backer Mike Flynn want the court to OK partisan gerrymandering.

Conservative groups and lawyers who backed former President Donald Trump’s election lies and advised him on how to stay in power despite losing the 2020 election are now asking the U.S. Supreme Court to endorse a radical legal theory that would eviscerate voting rights and protect partisan gerrymandering from all challenges.

The requests came as amicus (“friend of the court”) briefs filed Tuesday in the case of Moore v. Harper. In that case, Republicans in the North Carolina legislature are asking the court to invalidate a congressional district map selected by their state Supreme Court after it ruled the Republican-drawn map was an unconstitutional partisan gerrymander under provisions of the state constitution....
:roll: After years of wrangling North Carolina and our obscene 2022 SCOTUS may screw democracy for everyone. Sigh.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

When is "voter fraud" not willful voter fraud?

‘What is wrong with this state?’ Video shows stunned Floridians arrested for voting

Indeed, what is wrong with racist, publicity seeking DerSantis?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.