Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:45 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:08 pm
“Kim Taylor, who remains free pending sentencing, faces up to five years in prison on each charge.
“Now is a time for empathy for a family that is suffering,” said her attorney, F. Montgomery Brown, adding his focus is to get the best outcome at sentencing.”

Make an example of her. In the desantis vs black people model, that would be 5 years per charge
Have a heart. I'm fine with prison, but maybe we can cut her a little slack.
First, she cheated in a RepuQ primary. I like it when all of the victims are RepuQs :twisted:
Then, her husband came in a "distant third". What an idiot LOSER!
Finally, I do hope there's enough evidence to charge her RepuQ husband, too.
Lock them up!
I have to figure Mark Meadows and his wife have gotten off, not been charged, or granted special secret probation regarding the fact that they both registered to vote in NC, listing their address as a single wide mobile home in Scaly Mountain, NC. Or maybe the judge just thought "yeah, it's fitting that a snake oil salesman like Meadows be forever tied to a place named Scaly Mountain."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:46 am
I have to figure Mark Meadows and his wife have gotten off, not been charged, or granted special secret probation regarding the fact that they both registered to vote in NC, listing their address as a single wide mobile home in Scaly Mountain, NC. Or maybe the judge just thought "yeah, it's fitting that a snake oil salesman like Meadows be forever tied to a place named Scaly Mountain."
I missed this holiday release last year:
NC DOJ Reaches Decision in Mark Meadows Investigation
For Immediate Release:
Friday, December 30, 2022

... “None of the matters involving January 6th, however, are relevant to the specific allegations of voter fraud concerning Mr. and Mrs. Meadows that were referred to my office for review. My office has concluded that there is not sufficient evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt against either Mr. or Mrs. Meadows, so my office will not prosecute this case. If further information relevant to the allegations of voter fraud comes to light in any subsequent investigation or prosecution by authorities in other jurisdictions, we reserve the right to reopen this matter.”

A declination summary by career NC DOJ prosecutors explaining their recommendation can be found here.

Key facts that led to this decision include:

1. Meadows was engaged in public service in Washington, DC, and therefore qualified for a residency exception pursuant to NCGS § 163-57(8).
2. Meadows and his wife signed a year-long lease for the Scaly Mountain residence that was provided by their landlord.
3. Cell phone records showed Mrs. Meadows was in and around Scaly Mountain in October of 2020.
Just GA now. I think the architect of fraud and the insurrection will skate on everything before it's over :angry-banghead:

Scaly sleaze sounds like a job for an expert lizard stomper :twisted:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:19 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:46 am
I missed this holiday release last year:
NC DOJ Reaches Decision in Mark Meadows Investigation
For Immediate Release:
Friday, December 30, 2022

... “None of the matters involving January 6th, however, are relevant to the specific allegations of voter fraud concerning Mr. and Mrs. Meadows that were referred to my office for review. My office has concluded that there is not sufficient evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt against either Mr. or Mrs. Meadows, so my office will not prosecute this case. If further information relevant to the allegations of voter fraud comes to light in any subsequent investigation or prosecution by authorities in other jurisdictions, we reserve the right to reopen this matter.”

A declination summary by career NC DOJ prosecutors explaining their recommendation can be found here.

Key facts that led to this decision include:

1. Meadows was engaged in public service in Washington, DC, and therefore qualified for a residency exception pursuant to NCGS § 163-57(8).
2. Meadows and his wife signed a year-long lease for the Scaly Mountain residence that was provided by their landlord.
3. Cell phone records showed Mrs. Meadows was in and around Scaly Mountain in October of 2020.
Just GA now. I think the architect of fraud and the insurrection will skate on everything before it's over :angry-banghead:

Scaly sleaze sounds like a job for an expert lizard stomper :twisted:
Well, I guess I can buy the "residency exception" but totally dismiss the signed lease thing (a paper with a certain date on it and some signatures can be created virtually any time). And if they know Mark was in the vicinity in October 2020, it should be easy enough to find out from the county Scaly Mountain is in whether he and his wife voted there or not. The whole thing makes me feel like that navy officer in Top Gun who kept spilling his coffee on himself......"I want some butt" for some of this goddamn stuff. I feel that more than a few involved in this big bore king hell fraud need to be stomped.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:42 am
Well, I guess I can buy the "residency exception" but totally dismiss the signed lease thing (a paper with a certain date on it and some signatures can be created virtually any time). And if they know Mark was in the vicinity in October 2020, it should be easy enough to find out from the county Scaly Mountain is in whether he and his wife voted there or not. The whole thing makes me feel like that navy officer in Top Gun who kept spilling his coffee on himself......"I want some butt" for some of this goddamn stuff. I feel that more than a few involved in this big bore king hell fraud need to be stomped.
I don't like it but I can buy that the voter fraud evidence is not sufficient for conviction in solid red Macon County, NC. It's not like Dem AG Josh Stein would go out of his way to do Meadows any favors.

"big bore king hell"?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

White semi-famous-ish guy priviledge. Compare to the Black lady in Florida.

Actually, I don't think he (or the lady in Florida) committed such an offense to be prosecuted. Maybe at most a fine, like a traffic citation type of thing. That's because it's pretty much impossible for one voter to make much of a difference or cause much harm even if s/he votes in different states. Even with some degree or organization, rounding up a bunch of people to register and vote in different states would just not have the logistics to matter much. So a fine, maybe along with a future voting ineligibility would be fine with me.

Save the prosecution for those who manage a significant tampering.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:08 pm

Actually, I don't think he (or the lady in Florida) committed such an offense to be prosecuted. Maybe at most a fine, like a traffic citation type of thing. That's because it's pretty much impossible for one voter to make much of a difference or cause much harm even if s/he votes in different states. Even with some degree or organization, rounding up a bunch of people to register and vote in different states would just not have the logistics to matter much. So a fine, maybe along with a future voting ineligibility would be fine with me.

I mostly agree. A fine is probably enough for voting in the wrong district or even state, if there is also future voting ineligibility. If an eighteen year old kid can lose the right to vote for life because he was caught with an ounce of pot, then people playing loose with voting regulations should face at least as much.

However, those who intentionally vote twice, like the Floridians who are still on the rolls “back home”, should get prison time. They set out to subvert our democratic system to elect our representatives and should pay dearly. trump is counting on his people cheating as payback for the imagined dem cheating in 2020. There will have to be a dem governor in Florida before 2024 is investigated.

Why else is it only the republican states that refuse a national voter registration database?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:09 pm
O Really wrote:

I mostly agree. A fine is probably enough for voting in the wrong district or even state, if there is also future voting ineligibility. If an eighteen year old kid can lose the right to vote for life because he was caught with an ounce of pot, then people playing loose with voting regulations should face at least as much.

However, those who intentionally vote twice, like the Floridians who are still on the rolls “back home”, should get prison time. They set out to subvert our democratic system to elect our representatives and should pay dearly. trump is counting on his people cheating as payback for the imagined dem cheating in 2020. There will have to be a dem governor in Florida before 2024 is investigated.

Why else is it only the republican states that refuse a national voter registration database?
Is that true? I thought that both D and R states opposed the failed Kobach/TRE45QN voter fraud commission based on their states' privacy and information security laws.

Fines for run-of-the-mill individual voter fraud work for me. However, if high-level hypocrisy was illegal we could lock Meadows up. He was a fraudulent voter while organizing a coup over imaginary Dem voter fraud, and supported/sponsored racist voter suppression under the false pretense of nonexistent voter fraud.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:58 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:

Is that true? I thought that both D and R states opposed the failed Kobach/TRE45QN voter fraud commission based on their states' privacy and information security laws.

Fines for run-of-the-mill individual voter fraud work for me. However, if high-level hypocrisy was illegal we could lock Meadows up. He was a fraudulent voter while organizing a coup over imaginary Dem voter fraud, and supported/sponsored racist voter suppression under the false pretense of nonexistent voter fraud.
I could be wrong. I thought it was republicans
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
... Why else is it only the republican states that refuse a national voter registration database?

It was mostly Dem states that refused to comply with RepuQ MAGAt asshole (and current KS AG :roll: ) Kobach's demands.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President ... _responses

If there are other efforts to create a national voter registration database I'm not aware of them.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:36 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
... Why else is it only the republican states that refuse a national voter registration database?

It was mostly Dem states that refused to comply with RepuQ MAGAt asshole (and current KS AG :roll: ) Kobach's demands.

If there are other efforts to create a national voter registration database I'm not aware of them.
This article sure makes it sound like rightwing resistance.

https://www.votebeat.org/23045551/eric- ... g-program/

“The Gateway Pundit story incorrectly claims that the program’s start-up money came from liberal billionaire George Soros. To make that claim, it highlights a one-time $500,000 contribution from Soros’ Open Society Foundations to Pew for voting rights work. Pew is a national nonpartisan nonprofit that receives grants of more than $300 million annually.

While Pew provided the start-up money for the ERIC program, it has not given any money to the program since then other than a $288,000 grant for technology upgrades in 2019.* Soros has never given money directly to ERIC, according to Hamlin.“

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

ERIC was started in 2012 and was supported by 31 states. The article paints the resistance as rightwing

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:36 pm

This article sure makes it sound like rightwing resistance.

https://www.votebeat.org/23045551/eric- ... g-program/

“The Gateway Pundit story incorrectly claims that the program’s start-up money came from liberal billionaire George Soros. To make that claim, it highlights a one-time $500,000 contribution from Soros’ Open Society Foundations to Pew for voting rights work. Pew is a national nonpartisan nonprofit that receives grants of more than $300 million annually.

While Pew provided the start-up money for the ERIC program, it has not given any money to the program since then other than a $288,000 grant for technology upgrades in 2019.* Soros has never given money directly to ERIC, according to Hamlin.“
Thanks. This speaks to the discussion about RepuQ MAGAt traitor Meadows:
... It’s not illegal to be registered in more than one state as long as the voter only casts one ballot in the proper jurisdiction. Trump’s allies have cited worries about duplicate registrations leading to the improper casting of multiple ballots — something theoretically possible, but rare.

(The Washington Post reported last week that Trump’s former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows was simultaneously registered in three states, though there’s no evidence he voted more than once.)
Could be. That would explain the NC AG not filing charges.

The article doesn't make a direct comparison to what Kobach and gang were up to, but this might describe some differences:
... Hamlin said voters shouldn’t be worried that their information, which is being sent back and forth between the organization and states, will leak out.

ERIC has protocols to ensure that data is secure, he said, and those protocols are reviewed independently by outside entities that audit the system.

“If we don’t protect the data, then we don’t get the data, and we fail to exist,” Hamlin said.

Hamlin said ERIC has never had a data or security breach.

ERIC does not release voter data with anyone outside its member states, other than sharing limited data for the purposes of authorized research.* Voter data is not shared by anyone outside member states, and voter reports can’t be released to the public. Member states use encryption to send data to ERIC via a secure file share system.

Sam Derheimer, who was on the Pew election initiatives team that created ERIC, said that it was a priority from day one to keep voter data secure as it was transferred to and from the states, as well as while it was in ERIC’s database. State officials told the Pew team at the time that their states would not participate if there was a way that private voter data could be compromised, Derheimer said.

“States take the security and privacy of their voters very seriously,” he said. “They wouldn’t risk that privacy in any system.”

In Arizona, Kori Lorick, the state’s elections director, stressed that “everything within the system is secure.” ...
Could be that ERIC is superior to MAGAt Kobach's 2017 scheming.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I think it would be good if the US adopted the same sort of universal civic duty voting that Australia has. All eligible citizens are registered and required to vote, with certain allowed exceptions (religious objections, etc) and every ballot has the "none of the above" option to allow for rejection of all candidates, which is, in effect, not voting. I've never heard of any voter fraud issues there.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

DEMS work on plans to outright steal next election.

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:53 am
I think it would be good if the US adopted the same sort of universal civic duty voting that Australia has. All eligible citizens are registered and required to vote, with certain allowed exceptions (religious objections, etc) and every ballot has the "none of the above" option to allow for rejection of all candidates, which is, in effect, not voting. I've never heard of any voter fraud issues there.
Florida Dems suck, too:
Long-shot candidates blast Florida Democrats for absence on primary ballot

Democratic presidential candidates Marianne Williamson and Cenk Uygur blasted the Florida Democratic Party after they were left off the primary presidential ballot.

The candidates held a joint press conference on Zoom Friday where they addressed their displeasure with the Florida Democratic Party, which has effectively canceled the primary and awarded all delegates to President Joe Biden.

“This is about all three of us being excluded in a way that was absurd, ridiculous, counterproductive, done, obviously in secret, obviously, to help the incumbent Joe Biden,” Uygur said. “The number one problem with what the Florida Democratic Party is doing is not how it affects me Marianne and Dean [Phillips]. It’s how it affects the Florida Democratic voters. They are robbing them of their voice. They’re saying the democracy is not important, that you should not participate in the process.”

The public address by the two progressive candidates comes after another candidate in the Democratic primary, Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.), clashed with the state party Thursday. Phillips’ campaign asserted that the Florida Democratic Party’s executive committee voted on Oct. 29 to only include President Biden on the Sunshine State primary presidential ballot....
:bs: :bs: :bs: What are Joe and the Florida Dems afraid of?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: DEMS work on plans to outright steal next election.

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:02 pm

If Florida Dems are afraid, it might be of giving a platform and publicity time to people that might be the Dem version of MTG. I had to look up Cenk Uygur, but he's an (ineligible) Turkish born "candidate" who thinks he can run through a ummm "creative" legal loophole. Williamson is an apparently nice and smart perpetual candidate who can't seem to get elected to anything. At the risk of seeming to defend the incompetent losers that are Florida Dems, why would they spend money to give air to those people?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:06 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:02 pm

If Florida Dems are afraid, it might be of giving a platform and publicity time to people that might be the Dem version of MTG. I had to look up Cenk Uygur, but he's an (ineligible) Turkish born "candidate" who thinks he can run through a ummm "creative" legal loophole. Williamson is an apparently nice and smart perpetual candidate who can't seem to get elected to anything. At the risk of seeming to defend the incompetent losers that are Florida Dems, why would they spend money to give air to those people?
Thanks.
Ineligible Cenk Uygur should be excluded.
Williamson is a legit, if perpetual longshot, candidate.
Rep Dean Phillips (D-MN) is a legit candidate.
None of them are like EmptyG. That's a lame argument.
Florida spends money on primaries, NOT the Dems, and the Dems should not be deciding Florida spending.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Back to the sleazy, democracy-hating Pubs. Tennessee has open primaries and its voters aren't registered by party. RepuQs don't like that, but they don't have the votes to change the status quo that Tennesseans like. So, they're trying to intimidate otherwise legitimate voters with vague law and potential arbitrary enforcement :puke-left: Some Pubs with integrity and patriotism object:

Former ambassador and Republican politician sues to block Tennessee voting law

Hero. GoVictorAsheGo
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:51 pm

Thanks.
Ineligible Cenk Uygur should be excluded.
Williamson is a legit, if perpetual longshot, candidate.
Rep Dean Phillips (D-MN) is a legit candidate.
None of them are like EmptyG. That's a lame argument.
Florida spends money on primaries, NOT the Dems, and the Dems should not be deciding Florida spending.
My answer was a bit sloppy, but I'll stand by it in principle. I guess if the state of Florida wants to waste money, that could be better spent elsewhere, on a meaningless primary with pretend candidates that aren't endorsed by the party they claim to be representing, then they have the right to do so.

And yes, none of the Dem pretend candidates are like EmptyG. They can probably read, they don't drool as far as I can tell, and Williamson at least has some good ideas. But what I meant was that they would be sucking up much more air than their actual importance.

And I may have a different definition of "legit" than you.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:05 pm
... And I may have a different definition of "legit" than you.
I meant its bare minimum definition - legal, not insane, actually campaigning. However, with an ancient presumptive nominee who can keel over at any moment, who knows? Let the voters rather than the parties decide.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:25 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:05 pm
... And I may have a different definition of "legit" than you.
I meant its bare minimum definition - legal, not insane, actually campaigning. However, with an ancient presumptive nominee who can keel over at any moment, who knows? Let the voters rather than the parties decide.
I consider a legit candidate to be one who has a reasonable, though not necessarily probable, path to winning and the resources to campaign. Does my definition weed out a lot of otherwise potentially good candidates? Sure, but like or not (an I'm a not) we live in a two-party system further encumbered by the electoral college. We don't have a parliamentary system where odd parties/candidate can get a seat and maybe have enough to have to create a coalition. Ours is winners drive, losers sit in the back of the bus. Having people "running" with no chance of winning just muddles the water and takes votes or support away from the real contender. JMNVHO.