Healthcare Issues

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Healthcare Issues

Unread post by O Really »

Most people don't know a lot about how their health insurance works. They know if it's paying for their treatment or not; they know it's expensive and that co-payments are high, but they don't really understand it. And the insurers, including Medicare, don't make it any easier. Look at all the "choices" of of supplemental medicare plans - 10 of them. You've got people making a living "helping" people make the "wisest choice". So what are all these complex differences? They have different deductible amounts and different costs. Higher deductible = lower cost; Lower deductible = higher cost. That's it. Medicare has "Part A", "Part B" etc. Wouldn't it be better to refer to "Medical and Surgical", "Hospital" and "Pharmacy" for example?

So to most people, Medicare Advantage wouldn't be inherently evil, and not unlike other private HMO plans they may have been in. They're not going to see it as particularly political (certainly not like them commie "ACA people") And maybe it works well for some people in some areas - until it doesn't. But Dems have no real incentive to trash a popular program when doing so would appear to the average bear to be taking away benefits, not making things better. They'd have to propose dropping Advantage but making Original free or something. Not likely to happen.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I've yet to use Medicare and been on it nearly five years. Hell, if I could afford the setup cost I'd come out with Neocare. It would not promise any cures but it would sure as hell promise to make you feel better. The drug part is parts A thru Z of Neocare. Sign up today! Don't be a schmuck, you'll be out of luck.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:10 am
Most people don't know a lot about how their health insurance works. They know if it's paying for their treatment or not; they know it's expensive and that co-payments are high, but they don't really understand it. And the insurers, including Medicare, don't make it any easier. Look at all the "choices" of of supplemental medicare plans - 10 of them. You've got people making a living "helping" people make the "wisest choice". So what are all these complex differences? They have different deductible amounts and different costs. Higher deductible = lower cost; Lower deductible = higher cost. That's it. Medicare has "Part A", "Part B" etc. Wouldn't it be better to refer to "Medical and Surgical", "Hospital" and "Pharmacy" for example?

So to most people, Medicare Advantage wouldn't be inherently evil, and not unlike other private HMO plans they may have been in. They're not going to see it as particularly political (certainly not like them commie "ACA people") And maybe it works well for some people in some areas - until it doesn't. But Dems have no real incentive to trash a popular program when doing so would appear to the average bear to be taking away benefits, not making things better. They'd have to propose dropping Advantage but making Original free or something. Not likely to happen.
So Bush wins one for mom
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:11 pm
I've yet to use Medicare and been on it nearly five years. Hell, if I could afford the setup cost I'd come out with Neocare. It would not promise any cures but it would sure as hell promise to make you feel better. The drug part is parts A thru Z of Neocare. Sign up today! Don't be a schmuck, you'll be out of luck.
Testimonial: Neocare is the greatest thing since buttertop bread. Every 2 weeks a well-sealed joint arrives in the mail for me to smoke while doing my bills. I still owe as much as ever, but I don't care.

How Big Pharma is fighting Biden’s program to lower seniors’ drug costs

Bastards.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:05 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:11 pm
Testimonial: Neocare is the greatest thing since buttertop bread. Every 2 weeks a well-sealed joint arrives in the mail for me to smoke while doing my bills. I still owe as much as ever, but I don't care.

How Big Pharma is fighting Biden’s program to lower seniors’ drug costs

Bastards.
Another satisfied customer! In related news, I myself narrowly escaped what could have been a serious case requiring massive neocare. The only thing that saved me from such a horrid tragic fate was the fact that I've enjoyed excellent neocare for years. But what happened is this.....the other day after the time changed, I decided to change the time on a clock above the entrance to my bedroom. It's a cheap plasic eight inch clock that runs on a battery. I was able to grab the clock and take it down and change the time but when I tried to lift it back up whre it goes, I couldn't get the head of the nail to fit into the slot for it on the back of the clock....every time I tried I ended up pushing the nail further into the wall. This resulted in much angst and moderate profanity. After trying this shit for three times and getting nowhere I pulled a dining chair over to where the clock is to hang. As soon as I put one foot (clad in only a sock) on the pillow of the chair, the pillow slid along the varnished seat of the chair. I immediately knew this was going to result in me going down. Sure enough, I hit the floor mainly on my right elbow (still had the clock in my other hand). At this point I admit I had been smoking and drinking before deciding on clock maintenance and thank the gods I had because those hours of neocare prior to me engaging in clock maintenance is surely what saved me from certain death. For those for which smoking and drinking and issuing random bursts of profanity are not second nautre, bur FIRST nature, neocare can't be beat. For the less intrepid, it's still a good deal, though.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:27 am
Another satisfied customer! In related news, I myself narrowly escaped what could have been a serious case requiring massive neocare. The only thing that saved me from such a horrid tragic fate was the fact that I've enjoyed excellent neocare for years. But what happened is this.....the other day after the time changed, I decided to change the time on a clock above the entrance to my bedroom. It's a cheap plasic eight inch clock that runs on a battery. I was able to grab the clock and take it down and change the time but when I tried to lift it back up whre it goes, I couldn't get the head of the nail to fit into the slot for it on the back of the clock....every time I tried I ended up pushing the nail further into the wall. This resulted in much angst and moderate profanity. After trying this shit for three times and getting nowhere I pulled a dining chair over to where the clock is to hang. As soon as I put one foot (clad in only a sock) on the pillow of the chair, the pillow slid along the varnished seat of the chair. I immediately knew this was going to result in me going down. Sure enough, I hit the floor mainly on my right elbow (still had the clock in my other hand). At this point I admit I had been smoking and drinking before deciding on clock maintenance and thank the gods I had because those hours of neocare prior to me engaging in clock maintenance is surely what saved me from certain death. For those for which smoking and drinking and issuing random bursts of profanity are not second nature, bur FIRST nature, neocare can't be beat. For the less intrepid, it's still a good deal, though.
:o You would be surprised how many pillow-related injuries I saw in my career. I trust that the elbow injury has not affected your ability to administer 10 proof cans of "medicine" and neocare. This is exactly why FSM gave us 2 elbows.

I think the neocare is preventing you from finishing the tale - Where's the clock?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:40 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:27 am
Another satisfied customer! In related news, I myself narrowly escaped what could have been a serious case requiring massive neocare. The only thing that saved me from such a horrid tragic fate was the fact that I've enjoyed excellent neocare for years. But what happened is this.....the other day after the time changed, I decided to change the time on a clock above the entrance to my bedroom. It's a cheap plasic eight inch clock that runs on a battery. I was able to grab the clock and take it down and change the time but when I tried to lift it back up whre it goes, I couldn't get the head of the nail to fit into the slot for it on the back of the clock....every time I tried I ended up pushing the nail further into the wall. This resulted in much angst and moderate profanity. After trying this shit for three times and getting nowhere I pulled a dining chair over to where the clock is to hang. As soon as I put one foot (clad in only a sock) on the pillow of the chair, the pillow slid along the varnished seat of the chair. I immediately knew this was going to result in me going down. Sure enough, I hit the floor mainly on my right elbow (still had the clock in my other hand). At this point I admit I had been smoking and drinking before deciding on clock maintenance and thank the gods I had because those hours of neocare prior to me engaging in clock maintenance is surely what saved me from certain death. For those for which smoking and drinking and issuing random bursts of profanity are not second nature, bur FIRST nature, neocare can't be beat. For the less intrepid, it's still a good deal, though.
:o You would be surprised how many pillow-related injuries I saw in my career. I trust that the elbow injury has not affected your ability to administer 10 proof cans of "medicine" and neocare. This is exactly why FSM gave us 2 elbows.

I think the neocare is preventing you from finishing the tale - Where's the clock?
The only visible injury I suffered was a bruise on the back of my right hand. The fucking clock is still lying on the seat of the chair I sit in while listening to music It's been there for over 24 hours. It's possible I may make another attempt later today but I'll have to get after some serious neocare before a second attempt. This may happen today or in the immediate future. I'm trusting my instinct to tell me when the "time" is right to fight the clock again.

And before anyone asks, there is no neocare Advantage. Neocare IS the advantage. :thumbup:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:52 am
Vrede too wrote:

The only visible injury I suffered was a bruise on the back of my right hand. The fucking clock is still lying on the seat of the chair I sit in while listening to music It's been there for over 24 hours. It's possible I may make another attempt later today but I'll have to get after some serious neocare before a second attempt. This may happen today or in the immediate future. I'm trusting my instinct to tell me when the "time" is right to fight the clock again.

And before anyone asks, there is no neocare Advantage. Neocare IS the advantage. :thumbup:
Beer hand or off hand?

:lol: I knew it! I'd suggest leaving the battery out, setting the clock for 4:20 and propping it on a shelf you can reach. SAFETY FIRST!
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:52 am
Vrede too wrote:

Beer hand or off hand?

:lol: I knew it! I'd suggest leaving the battery out, setting the clock for 4:20 and propping it on a shelf you can reach. SAFETY FIRST!
I'm a leftist through and through. I'm even left handed.

'm considering just hanging the chair pillow on the wall and sitting on the clock.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 am

I'm considering just hanging the chair pillow on the wall and sitting on the clock.
You'll stand on the clock to hang the chair pillow on the wall? That will be interesting to explain in the ER.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:03 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 am

I'm considering just hanging the chair pillow on the wall and sitting on the clock.
You'll stand on the clock to hang the chair pillow on the wall? That will be interesting to explain in the ER.
Hell, that gives me something to think about....maybe I should nail pillows to the top of the walls all over the place just in case I try to scamper up there in the future for some reason. In such an event I would be able to snatch a pillow off the wall and swiftly throw it down in a good place to break my fall.

Just came off LNF. God hell, what a miasma of nonsense and stupidity. I can't stand it much longer.But I feel it's sort of like a horrendous train wreck in the sense that you just can't ignore it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:27 pm
Hell, that gives me something to think about....maybe I should nail pillows to the top of the walls all over the place just in case I try to scamper up there in the future for some reason. In such an event I would be able to snatch a pillow off the wall and swiftly throw it down in a good place to break my fall.

Just came off LNF. God hell, what a miasma of nonsense and stupidity. I can't stand it much longer. But I feel it's sort of like a horrendous train wreck in the sense that you just can't ignore it.
If Useless ever disappears let me know and I'll give it a try. Based on my Yahoo forum days I might be able to handle it.

Wouldn't it be safer and easier to just nail pillows to the floor everyplace there's no furniture? Even more fun would be a couple of feet deep of plastic balls like they use in ball pits.

Shark is optional.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:04 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:27 pm

Just came off LNF. God hell, what a miasma of nonsense and stupidity. I can't stand it much longer. But I feel it's sort of like a horrendous train wreck in the sense that you just can't ignore it.
If Useless ever disappears let me know and I'll give it a try. Based on my Yahoo forum days I might be able to handle it.

Wouldn't it be safer and easier to just nail pillows to the floor everyplace there's no furniture? Even more fun would be a couple of feet deep of plastic balls like they use in ball pits.

Shark is optional.
I keep poking that crazy bastard stu over there....told him the other day that he's a fine representative of the low intellect dim witted easily manipulated seedy white underbelly of America. He comes back and calls me a Quisling and goes on to state that his intellect is much greater than mine. Shit, if intellect had a physical size, ten of his would fit on the head of a pin with considerable room left over.

I'm on the cusp of making a decision to just get rid of all clocks and pillows.....nip the problem in the bud.